Love at First Sight

Guest baby gurl

hey guys i can update now coz my brother's at work....so i'm going to take some advantage...lol

________

Martha and Jack were walking along the beach the following morning when Martha stopped.

Jack looked at her. "Is everything alright?" he asked her concerned.

"Are you sure?" Martha asked.

"About what?" Jack asked puzzled.

"About taking the role as a parent. About sticking to me and the baby."

"Of course I am." He reassured her.

"Its just that I thought that since you don't have much time left, you would want to spend it with Luc and Tony, not looking after a pregant nineteen year old."

"Yeah of course I want to spend time with dad and Luc but I also want to spend time with you. Martha, I love you and I want to spend the same time with you as I do with dad and Luc." He told her softly.

Martha nodded. "Thank-you."

"So when do you think you want to tell everyone that your pregnant?" Jack asked.

"Um...I don't think I'm quite ready yet maybe in a week?" She replied.

"Sure." Jack told her, picking up her hand and putting it into his. Martha smiled as they both walked off. But what they didn't know was that they were being watched by Brien.

A week later in Noah's

Jack and Martha were both sitting at Noah's with Tony, Luc, Alf and Ric. They were all chatting together getting to know each other properly when Martha looked at Jack who nodded.

"Um...grandad there's something we need to tell you." Martha began.

"Sure love what is it?" Alf asked sensing some awkwardness.

"Well...uh...the thing is...I..I....I'm pregant" Martha stuttered.

All eyes were on Martha and Jack.

"Oh, God no. Please don't tell me your the father." Tony said looking at Jack.

Jack hated lying but he promised Martha and he was determined to stick by her. "Yeah" he told his dad quietly.

"But you two have only been going out a week!" Alf said raising his voice a little.

"Yeah we know. But it's not like we planned this." Martha told them trying to defend them both.

"That's not the point." Alf yelled. "You're only nineteen, Martha. Not flammin' twenty-three."

"But grandad..." Martha began.

"No Martha!" Alf cut in. "I don't want you making the same mistake as your mother did." Alf shouted not thinking.

The whole room went quiet. "Thats what you really think is it? That I was a mistake?" Martha asked quietly.

"No Martha I didn't mean..." Alf began.

"No grandad you did mean it. If you didn't you wouldn't have said it." Martha told him quietly.

"Don't worry I won't be your problem any more." She told him standing up.

"What do you mean? I never said that you were a problem." Alf tried to reassure her.

"You didn't have to say it." Martha told him slowly moving away from the table.

Jack stood up following her. "Martha where are you going?" Jack asked catching up with her.

"Away. I'm going to live with my autie Morag in the city. I mean come on lets face it this whole thing is a mistake. Telling grandad. Look where that got me."

"What about us?" Jack asked her.

"It can't happen. It never shoud have. You're dying. What am I going to do when you're gone? I can't keep depending on you." She told him.

"What are you saying?

"I'm saying that we're over. I love you Jack and I'll never forget you." Martha told him running out of the car park.

"I love you too." he said quietly.

NOT SURE WHEN THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE HOPEFULLY SOON.

-NEXT CHAPTER BRIEN COMES INTO IT(FOR YOU SIAN!!)

-DOES JACK ENDING UP IN HOSPITAL PERSUADE MARTHA TO STAY?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys i'm back.....this next chapter is for sian coz i no she's been waiting for the guest apperence(sp)

_______

Jacks point of view.

I can't believe Martha just said that. After all we've both been through, she just said that she doesn't want anything to do with me. What am I suppose to do? Wait. Maybe I can persuade her to stay. There must be a way.

Jack was walking across the road when a guy stopped him. He was tall, thin and fair, with dark brown hair and green eyes.

"Excuse me." The man said. Jack turned to him.

"Yes?" asked Jack not in the mood.

"Do you know where I could find a girl called Martha MacKenzie?" he asked.

This grabbed Jack's attention. "Who's asking?"

"Sorry. My names Brien...." he began.

"Wait. Brien Tomson?" Jack asked.

"Yeah thats right. How do you know? Martha's probably been talking about me." Brien smirked.

Jack couldn't take what Brien had just said. This was the guy that had raped his girlfriend. The guy that had got Martha pregant. He promised himself that if he saw Brien then he wouldn't let him get away with it. Jack had to let his anger out. If he didn't do anything then he wouldn't know how he would forgive himself. With Martha going to the city Brien could do anything to her. Immidiatly Jack grabbed Brien up to the wall.

"Wait. What the hell are you doin...." Brien asked.

"You raped Martha." Jack yelled. "Now your going to get what you deserve.

"Is that right?" Brien smirked.

"Yeah it is" Jack yelled.

Brien held up a knife towards Jack. "You sure about that?" Brien asked.

*sorry its short....*

hey guys this idea is from sian so if you don't like it you can tell her.....

_____

"You sure?" Brien repeated.

Jack gulped. "Look....I'm not scared of you." Jack yelled.

"Oh no? So why did I hear you gulp?" Brien laughed. "Listen I'll leave if you do one thing for me." He resoned.

"Whats that?" Jack asked.

"I'll show you." Brien told him, grabbing Jack towards him.

The next thing Jack knew was that he was leaning on a wall kissing Brien. "Oh my god!" Jack whispered breathless.

"Never done something like before, I guess?" Brien smiled.

Jack shook his head. "No" he told him. "Wasn't on my list of things to do."

"Well maybe it should be." Brien told him.

"What do you mean?" Jack asked confused.

"Oh come on Jack your a cop. You know when two people go to one or the other's house....and they have sex!" Brien explained.

"What?" Jack exclaimed.

"What you don't want to?" asked Brien pretending to look hurt.

"No...its not that...its just..." Jack said.

"Well then come on...its just a little fun...." Brien pursuaded.

Jack nodded. "Yeah your right just a little fun."

Jack and Brien both walked down the path hand in hand, but what they didn't know was that Martha had seen it all.

PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT....SIAN THREATENED ME TO WRITE IT....PLEASE READ AND REVIEW....:P

heyy every1....heres the next chapter...please forget about the last chapter....

"Are you sure about that?" Brien asked.

"You can do whatever you want to me, but I can tell you one thing, your not going to get away with it." Jack hissed.

"Oh really?" Brien smirked.

"Yeah." Jack hissed.

"So if I shot you right now, your telling me that I'll get caught and go to prison?" Brien asked laughing.

"Yeah, thats right." Jack told him.

"Well, lets try it, shall we?" Brien suggested.

"Go, on then." Jack laughed. "You won't get away with it."

"Ok." Brien smiled. " Three. Two. One."

Bang.

"I told you I would. And I told you that I would get away with it." Brien laughed walking away.

heyy im bord no1 chattin on msn...(emma+laura)

It had been 10 minutes since jack had been shot and alot of blood had been dripping out. Jack was still laying in the same place he had been since Brien had shot him. No one had arrived to see. Jack was alone. " I think this my time to go." Jack breathed heavily. "Aaaaaaargh." Jack screamed. He was in so much pain. No one had come. He saw many people walking along the road on the other side but none had seen him. "Aaaaaaagh" Jack screamed again, but louder this time.

Then he saw Rachel. "Rachel." Jack yelled.

Rachel turned to see Jack. "Jack." She screamed rushing over. "Don't worry I'll call an ambulance." She told him getting her phone out.

AT THE HOSPITAL.

"Rachel, how is he?" Tony asked rushing over to her.

"Well." Rachel bagan. "Its very seroius. he was shot in the chest and with the liver transplant it's not looking too well." Rachel told him.

"Rache, what does that mean?" Tony asked puzzeled.

"It means that Jack could die. He may not survive." Rachel told him sympatheticaly.

"No." Tony repeted in disbelief.

Sorry its short. There should be more soon.....xx

^^ Only ones self can realise the possibilities of life and the paths they will choose!

very gd sian....lol

hey every1....

_____

"Tony. Where's Jack?" Martha asked running up to Tony.

"Martha. How did you find out about Jack?" Tony asked suprised.

"Luc told me. Why didn't you tell me?" Martha asked looking hurt.

Just as Tony was about to answer, Rachel came out. "We have great news. Jack survived." She grinned.

Everyone's frown soo turned into a smile. "Oh my god, thats brilliant!" Martha exclaimed.

"Can we see him?" Luv asked eagerly.

"Yeah, sure but I think that only one person at a time. He's still quite restless." Rachel explained.

"Ummm...you can go first." Martha said looking at Tony.

Tony nodded and quietly entered the room. "Hey Jack." he whispered

"Dad." Jack whispered. "Wheres Martha? Is she ok? Brien." Jack started getting worried.

"hey, don't worry mate. Martha's fine. She's outside. Who's this Brien you're talking about?"

Just as Jack was about to speak Luc came in. "Hey Luc." Jack smiled at his younger brother.

"Hey. You know you really scared me." Luc told him. "It remined me of..." But he couldn't finish his sentence.

"Mum." Jack replied softly. Luc nodded. "Um, guys is it alright if I speak to Martha alone please.?"

They both nooded as Martha came in and they headed out.

Right guys im tired now...next chapter.....

-do jack and martha get back together?

-will brien come into it?

I tried lol Wrote this in 15 mins!!

________

When Martha stepped into the room, all the sounds from outside of the room started to fade away into the background. The sound of doctors rushing past stopped and the beeping of patients machines stooped; all she could focus on was the love of her life lying there in unimaginable pain, the same person who had caused her pain attacked the one person who had in a way ‘healed’ her. It was like adding insult to injury.

Martha looked at Jack and could see the pain etched on face and the pale colour of his face that were darkened by the bags under his eyes. Jack lay there trying to hide the pain of where that bullet had entered his already frail body, he thought to himself how much could his body handle?

Martha stood in the bland room studying Jack face to see if there were any signs of anger or hatred but was met with Jacks beautiful brown eyes that showed so much love for her, how could he love her after what has happened? She gathered up the courage to speak to him.

‘I’m so sorry Jack..’ Martha started. She felt as if she was going to cry her eyes out, all she wanted to do was to shut her eyes and hope that when she opened them, everything was ok. Jack wasn’t ill, their was no Brien or the baby (as heartless as it sounds) and Jack wasn’t in hospital. She knew that this would never happen but it couldn’t hurt could it? To have this little bit of hope.

‘Martha this isn’t your fault. Ok?, you didn’t put me here’ he winced in pain and grabbed at the side of his body.

‘But if it wasn’t for me, Brien wouldn’t have come after you Jack…’ she pauses ‘me and this baby need to get far away from you, to protect you and your family’

‘I want you and ‘our’ baby to stay here with me’ Jack pleaded. Martha smiled weakly.

‘Jack this isn’t your baby, its not your problem and I shouldn’t have expected it’

‘Sorry but did you just say Jack isn’t the father??..’ Tony gasped and he and Beth made their way into Jack hospital room.

Martha racked her brain, half of her felt relieved that this was out in the open but the other half of her felt so empty and scared, like she before she had something to protect her. Jack. Jack looked at Martha sadness in his eyes, he knew that no-one would understand that all he wanted to do was look after this amazing (in his eyes anyway) girl that filled his life with hope at the time when he had almost given up.

Tony looked from his eldest son and to the young girl who had thrown her arm around her tummy in a maternal instinct ‘ Are one of you going to tell me what’s going on here?’ he demanded because the silence of the room was deafening.

‘Well…’ Martha started…

(Sorry guys, I know that is crap but I’m ill :P and not good at writing)

- Martha confesses to a shocked Tony and Beth.

- Martha makes a life changing decision that will affect both her and Jack..

(Sorry guys, I know that is crap but I’m ill :P and not good at writing)

- Martha confesses to a shocked Tony and Beth.

- Martha makes a life changing decision that will affect both her and Jack..

• 2 weeks later...

Next chapter :) Sorry for the wait.. I could give excuses and believe me I have a lots but I can't be bothered typing them so yea I was lazy thats why I didn't update :)

Thanks you Amypoo for proofing or this chapter would be shockingly bad :P

Next chapter!

“Are one of you going to tell me what’s going on here?”

“Well…” Martha started…

Beth who was standing next to Tony decided that it was best if she left them to sort this out themselves. She mumbled something about going to get a coffee and hastily left the room before giving Martha a reassuring smile and Tony’s hand a gentle squeeze.

“If Jack isn’t the father, who is?” Tony asked while still trying to let the news sink in. He was in shock and looked at both of their faces, I guess I wasn’t supposed to find out, he thought to himself.

“I’m sorry Tony, I never meant this to happen, I should go... I’m sorry Jack” Martha apologised quickly looking at Jacks pleading eyes, he wanted her to stay, she turned away quickly. She grabbed her jacket and bag and made a way for the door. Telling herself not to turn around or she would cause more pain than good. She didn’t want everyone to know about Brian, they wouldn’t understand.

“Martha, please don’t go. I love you” but his words fell on deaf ears because she was half way out the door, breaking his heart. He winced as the door shut, now unable to see Martha retreating figure. His eyes went blurry but he didn’t care that his father was there he let the salty tears fall down his face.

Tony watched saddened to see the pain painted on his eldest sons face, he couldn’t change that look; no father wants their child to be hurt. All he wanted to do as a father was protect his son, but he knew all to well no one could stop or prevent a loved one getting their heart broken. The one thing that a person can’t avoid in life; a broken heart. He stood their at the end of the bed looking at his son, watching as the tears fell down his cheeks leaving traces of there existence. He had started to feel happy about having a grandchild, yes he had Noah and Ella and he doted on them like they were his own grandchildren but they just weren‘t his flesh and blood.

He was shocked when he found out that Martha was carrying Jacks child, knowing that they hadn’t known each other long but he came around to the idea of having a little baby that would be part of Jack. He saw something in Jack, since Martha had arrived, something he never saw in him before but Tony all too well recognised that look. The same look he had when he met his beautiful wife Kate. Sure he loved Beth but no one could ever replace Kate, the mother of his two beautiful sons and he knew Beth felt the same about her late husband Jack.

Jack lay his head back further into the hard hospital pillows and let the silent tears fall with Tony standing leaning arms stretched out on the corners of the bed. Both silent, Tony didn’t know what to say. Why had they lied to everyone about the baby?

Tony decided that they had to talk about this now.

“I’m sorry son..” he started as he looked above at his son trying to make eye contact, Jack made no attempt to peak at this moment. “I know your upset mate, but we need to talk about this, sooner rather than later..” he tried to reason. However Jack just lay there in silence, not looking at his father.

Beth sat on the chairs in the corridor, holding the now warm coffee in her hands, you have to admit the coffee in this place was terrible, she thought she might head down the little café opposite the hospital at least they serve proper coffee, not the kind of type that has no milk and just tastes like hot water with the colouring. As she was about to stand she saw a young girl with brown wavy hair make her way from Jacks hospital room and towards the door.

“Martha… Martha...Wait its me Beth” She called to no avail, the moving body refused to slow down. So Beth continued her fast pace until the young girl stopped and sat down on a chair on the outsides of the hospital. Beth stared at her first but then slowly moved towards her and took a seat next to her.

Beth wrapped an arm around Martha’s shoulders as the girl began to cry, mumbling a few things and repeating “its all my fault…” it stayed like this for a few minutes, Beth soothing her “Shh it’ll be ok”

“How about we grab a coffee and you can tell me all about it, huh?” Beth suggested. “and I mean a real coffee, not the stuff that hospital claims is coffee. You would think that they have enough to cope with, now they’re trying to poison us” Martha smiled weakly and accepted her offer.

“ Whose the father Jack?” Tony asked, the question echoed in Jack ears. He didn’t want to betray Martha, but he didn’t like lying to his dad.

“Its mine dad” Jack answered simply.

“That’s not what I heard Martha say..”

“Does it really matter about DNA? I will love that child as my own, I love its Mum” Jack started to get agitated.

“You want to bring up another mans child, what happens when that man wants to be her father? Your ill Jack! You could die! You don’t need this hassle in your life” His father raised his voice.

“Hassle? Is that what kids are? Love?” he spoke up “You loved Mum, you know how I feel.”

“ Don’t bring you mother into this Jack”

“Why? Because she’s a hassle? Are me and Lucas a hassle to you too?” Jacks face had turned red and he was seething with anger. His dad didn’t know what he was talking about, he had no clue.

Tony looked shock at jacks outburst, how could he think that? He went to say something but was met with Jacks angry face

“Get out”.

Tony did what was asked of him; Jack needed time to cool down. He looked at Jack once more and saw that he had shifted his body to the left side of the room, wincing in pain but still determined not to face him. Throughout all Tony could hear was the heavy breathing coming from himself and Jack. Tony opened the door and walked out shutting the door. He sat down outside and put his head into his hands and sighed.

Beth sat across from an upset Martha “Did Tony say something to upset you, sweet?” She knew what her hormones were like when she had her first child Scott, Jack only had to say something and she would cry or think she was horrible. Damn hormones.

“No…” she started to cry again “Jack isn’t the baby’s father” she said, forgetting that Beth had heard this because she walked in the room with Tony.

“I heard” she replied, and gave her an encourage smile “So who is the father?” she understood if Martha didn’t want her to know.

Martha sat their re-thinking about that night, think about when Brian had first grabbed her shoulders and pushed her against the wall and put his hands and mouth everywhere… Thinking about it made her feel like she wanted to throw up. She clasped her hand around her mouth and ran towards the sign that said ‘female toilets’. Beth not far behind her.

Beth waited until Martha had come out of the small cubical and handed her a tissue. Martha accepted and went to wash her face and hands. She turned to Beth and “I… I… He… ” and started to cry. Beth enclosed Martha in her arms and waited to hear her story.

“He raped me… I said no, I told him no and …I begged him not to touch me, but he carried on and on… he was so strong… Please don’t hate me” Martha cried into Beth’s shoulder.

Beth stood shocked and almost crying after hearing this poor girl, what she must have gone through, well she was going through and how brave she is for carrying on with the pregnancy.

Next chapter:

*Martha tells Beth what happened.

*Tony confronts Martha.

• 2 weeks later...

Next chapter.

Beth stood in still, her heart going out to Martha but she didn’t know hat to do. She couldn’t say its ok because it wasn’t ok, this beautiful young women had the worst thing committed to her. She reached out a hand to touch Martha shaking arm but the touch of Beth skin on her own, Martha flinched.

Martha cleared her throat and wiped the tears away from her face in a brisk movement and left the stains of her mascara that had smudged from her eyes and outwards. At this moment she didn’t care what she looked like, she needed to tell someone, the only people who knew were the police and Jack.

“When did this happen?” Beth asked as Martha composed herself. Martha looked intensely at the floor, wishing that it would just open up and swallow her whole and make all this pain away. She felt dirty and disgusting and knew that Beth would think the same of her, just like everyone will once they know. “Martha its ok, I wont tell anyone, I’m here for you” Martha looked up and saw Beth’s caring eyes and in one swift movement Martha was crying in Beth’s arms. Crying because of the pain, humiliation and relief.

After crying for a through minutes where Beth just held her as she cried, Martha started to relive that night, where her life changed forever…

Tony stood in the busy corridor, debating whether or not to go and see his son in the room the only thing separating them was the wooden door but he knew on the other side was a angry, hurting son.

After much thought he decided against going into the room and walked off, hoping to find someone who would listen to him, Beth.

Beth stood still completely shocked and dumbfounded.

“I.. Umm..” Bath just didn’t know what to say, to be honest this was the last thing she had expected to here.

“I know” Martha said quietly.

They just stood in the room with about a metre between the older women and Martha. Martha could feel Beth’s eyes on her and knew if they stayed there she would breakdown again. “Hey, we better go drink our coffees before they get cold or worse someone else drinks them” Martha joked, trying to get a laugh from Beth. She just needed to get out of their, she couldn’t handle it.

Tony searched the corridors but couldn’t find Beth anywhere but in the distance he could make out a young women with long brown hair and immediately recognised her, nurse Julie.

“Hi Julie, I don’t know if you would know where Beth might be?”

“Yes in fact I’m sure I saw her go into the café across the street, probably to get a half decent coffee something we don’t supply here” she laughed and excused herself as she went to an incoming ambulance.

Tony walked across the road and opened the door and spotted the two women in the corner. Now was the chance he thought, he wanted to know why Martha ahd tried to deceive him and his family. No matter how angry he was at Martha, nothing could have prepared him for what he heard Beth say “Martha its not your fault he raped you, he had no right… Tony” shocked.

At the mention of his name Martha turned her head round sharply to see the father of the man she loved standing there sharing the same look Beth had earlier.

Short and unproofread. so ignore the mistakes lol

hey guys here it is....

================================

Tony turned around and faced the two women. Did he just hear correctly? Did he just hear that his son’s girlfriend was raped and is now pregnant?

“Tony, say something.” Beth pleaded.

He saw Beth looking at him and then turned to Martha. She was sitting there head facing down. How could he have shouted at her? Not giving either Jack or Martha to explain? He had to apologise. “I…I’m S Sorry.” He stuttered looking at Martha. She looked up with tears in her eyes.

“Its ok. I understand.” She whispered. A couple of seconds later a nurse had appeared telling them that Jack wanted to see them all. Tony looked at Martha who was still sitting in the same place.

Beth stood up and looked at Tony. She then faced Martha. “Aren’t you coming love?” She asked softly.

“No.” She told them.

“Beth do you mind if I speak to Martha alone?” Tony asked. Beth nodded before walking away.

“If your going to try and persuade me to go and see Jack then you can save your breath.” Martha told him looking at her feet.

“Listen Martha, its true I was angry and that’s only because I didn’t know the whole story. I just…Well” Tony stuttered. “When I found out you were pregnant, I felt sad. I felt sad because I knew that Jack wouldn’t be there as a father. Then when I heard about the baby not being Jack’s I got angry because I thought that Jack was going to be under a lot of stress, you know worrying about you and the baby. I mean I know it would have only been natural to worry if the baby was his but….I don’t know.”

Martha looked up. “I don’t know.” She told him unsure.

“I know Jack really wants to see you.” He told her.

Martha nodded. “Ok.”

My first update wow!!!

Next chapter: Martha and jack talk and is staying together the right thing?

Also is Brien caught?

Archived