At home all on his own

Guest Andy

At home all on his own

The Advertiser

25 July 2006

CHRIS Hemsworth has had a taste of the nastier side of fame.

The Home and Away star, who was in town on the weekend as a guest speaker at an acting workshop, had his private life put under the microscope recently when his then-sweetheart and co-star Isabel Lucas, inset, was snapped by a women's mag getting cosy with a mystery man.

Chris and Isabel have since split.

"We're still really good friends and I'll leave it at that," a pleasant, but rather tight-lipped, Chris says. He reckons he prefers to keep his private life private where possible.

"I think the more you give out versions of yourself, the more people make up their own versions," Chris says.

"Though (the attention) we receive is nowhere near that on the scale of Hollywood stars."

Chris may have to get used to the flipside of fame, however, as he plans to head to U.S. in the future and has some film projects in the pipeline (which he also can't talk about yet).

One scenario you won't see him in is behind a microphone.

"I won't be recording any music anytime soon - I'll just stick to my acting," Chris grins.

The spunky actor was in Adelaide to talk to aspiring actors - aged 13 to 17 years - at a workshop hosted by Scene to Screen Studios at the SA Film Corporation.

Chris has just lobbed back from holidaying in Thailand with a few crew members during the Channel 7 soapie's two-week production break, but is now back at work.

He is set to appear on an episode of The Great Outdoors next month, in which he will give a tour of his home town - Phillip Island.

The Home and Away star, who was in town on the weekend as a guest speaker at an acting workshop, had his private life put under the microscope recently when his then-sweetheart and co-star Isabel Lucas, inset, was snapped by a women's mag getting cosy with a mystery man.

Hmmm...sounds a bit like Tasha don't you reckon :P

The poor guy. Thanks for the article though.

Archived