Tutorials and Icon help

Guest Nim

I'm a little stuck on this whole 'duplicating' thing, and as it's in most tuts, mine seem to turn out differently. If anyone would be able to give me a quick, easy intruction than that would be great! I don't want to be too much trouble though....sorry, but I'm still getting used to all of this!

PS. Thanks to everyone for these fantastic tutorials....they've helped me get so much better!

And Spidy....those are great!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little stuck on this whole 'duplicating' thing, and as it's in most tuts, mine seem to turn out differently. If anyone would be able to give me a quick, easy intruction than that would be great! I don't want to be too much trouble though....sorry, but I'm still getting used to all of this!

PS. Thanks to everyone for these fantastic tutorials....they've helped me get so much better!

And Spidy....those are great!

To duplicate something right-click the layer in your layers pallette and click "Duplicate" :)

Ummm....okay....

THanks Amy....but, as a still-thick person, Sarah is confuzzled.

What's the 'base', the 'layers pallot' and the actual 'layer'?

I know what you're thinking:

Oh dear, this girl honestly has to get a brain! :P:P

Ummm....okay....

THanks Amy....but, as a still-thick person, Sarah is confuzzled.

What's the 'base', the 'layers pallot' and the actual 'layer'?

I know what you're thinking:

Oh dear, this girl honestly has to get a brain! :P:P

I was like that aswell 'There's a layers pallette?!' I can printscreen it for you now :)

No problem... dunno if this helps:

cappy.png

So to duplicate your base layer right cluick "Base layer" in your layers palette and click "duplicate". Oh and it might look different as I'm using imageready and kinda forget what PS looks like :P

Slight problem.

Sorry to be such a pain. But it's easier if I printscreen it instead of eplaining it, sooo....

Here's my page:

printscreen.jpg

THe little white box with options is because I was right clicking the base on the layers pallot. All my options are blanked out, and duplicating isn;t even an option.

Have I misunderstood?

I am so annoying, aren;t I? :P:P

Archived