Undercover Cop 2!

Guest Nicom

Chapter 35

“I can’t believe you jumped in front of me!” Martha exclaimed. “You really did, as stupid as this sounds, save my life.” Jack smiled. “Why? Why risk your life for me? I had been horrible to you, yet you still did that, for me.” Martha asked confused. Jack fidgeted.

“We may not have been getting on, we may not have been together, but I still loved you, and didn’t want you to die.” Jack explained. “The only way I could save you was to take the bullet myself, risking death, but I knew that at least if I died, I wouldn’t have to live without you.” Jack looked into Martha’s eyes. Every moment they shared gazing into one another’s eyes made the happy memories flood back into his mind, but after a short while, the painful betrayal made its return, and awoke him from his gaze. Even though Martha could tell that Jack didn’t want to talk about it, she persisted in the conversation, and decided it was her turn to discuss her feelings.

“When you got shot… when I was on the floor with you.. I…” Martha filled up, reminiscing the awful feelings that she had experienced on the cliff. She opened her mouth to start again, but no sound came out, just a hiccup as she tried to stop herself from crying. She swallowed hard, wiped away her tears and began again, this time actually succeeding in speaking. “…I thought I’d lost you. I couldn’t believe that when I’d finally told you how I felt, you were leaving me.” She said. “I walked over to Jenny when I thought you’d died.” She sniffed. “I thought… that shouting at her would help me. But it only made things worse… I knew it wasn’t going to bring you back, I knew nothing would. That’s what got at me the most.” Jack stared at her; she was getting so upset at even the thought of him dying. She was sat there staring into the sea, trembling as she tried so hard not to cry. Jack put his hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her, but she wriggled away.

“I need to talk to you about this. I need you to know how I felt.” Martha explained. Jack smiled.

“I think I know how you felt.” He said, Martha looked at him perplexed.

“You felt so angry inside, that someone had been taken away from you and there was nothing you could do to get them back. There was nothing anyone could say or do to make you feel better, and when people wanted to talk about it, it just made you more aggravated, even though you knew that it would probably help. You’d pray for the night to come, so you could eventually go to sleep and stop your thinking, but when the night drew closer, and you finally drifted off to sleep, the thoughts were joined with images.” Jack took a deep breath. “Horrible images. Images that you wanted to forget, images that you hated to relive, and when you woke up, for a brief second you thought it had been just a nightmare. But that happy thought faded away, and you were left with the reality, and you just had to live with it.” Martha smiled.

“Yea.” She nodded. Jack and Martha shared a moment of understanding as they realised they’d both been through extremely similar events the past couple of months, this shouldn’t be breaking them apart, it should be making them bond and drawing them together. Jack continued the conversation.

“Looks like you had some pretty nasty nightmares.” Jack pointed out. Martha nodded.

“Yea, they weren’t very pleasant.” She sighed. “It was just reliving the cliff incident. Every night in my head, and I kept shouting the same things out, but I could do nothing to help you, just as I couldn’t on the cliff.” Martha said.

“I had the same sort of nightmares.” Jack said. “You must have fallen off that cliff like 50 times!” He chuckled. “I know it sounds stupid and childish, but they really do affect you don’t they?” He asked.

“Yea, it’s daft when you say it aloud.” She giggled. “But it’s not when you have them.” She sighed. “But they’re over now.” Martha and Jack smiled.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 36

Jack stared at her as she looked out onto the sea. He admired her beauty and her bravery for sitting so close to the edge, just to be with him. He eventually noticed that he was looking at her, and no feeling the hatred, not seeing the image of Callum and Martha, he was just feeling his love for Martha. It felt just like last time he was up on this cliff, when Martha sat down near the edge, trying to delay the jump. There was nothing but good memories and thoughts in his head. ‘Maybe I can forgive her?’ He thought to himself. She looked away from her gaze at the sea, and to Jack. As soon as they both noticed that they were looking at one another, they threw their heads in the other direction almost immediately. They both stared in the opposite direction for a minute, thinking about the person sitting beside them. Martha really loved Jack, and was willing to try and put the drug thing behind them, if it meant that they could be together. Sure, she was upset that he’d put her behind his job, but she didn’t want to see their relationship be ruined because of it. They’d have to talk it through of course, but she was sure that she could forgive him and move on. However, it wasn’t just as easy as this, and she knew it. Because of Callum. She could see at the bar the previous night the pain in Jack’s eyes as he talked and as he thought about them two kissing. She already knew that he couldn’t forget about it, and that he couldn’t move on, but that still didn’t change the way she felt. She was determined to get him back.

Jack stared out to the rocky cliffs. Why was he forgetting about Callum and Martha? He could barely imagine their kiss now, and his anger had seemed to fade away. He couldn’t just forgive her, could he? Maybe talking it all through would help him, maybe he could actually forgive her and they could become boyfriend and girlfriend once more. He still loved Martha and wanted to be with her so much, but as his dad had said, maybe love wasn’t enough.

“Martha.” Jack began, turning his face towards her.

“Yea.” She replied.

“I didn’t put you before the job. I drugged you, for you.” He said. Martha gave an annoyed sigh, as she tried hard to keep her anger in.

“Jack, I don’t care anymore, you love your job and I have to respect that-” She began, but Jack cut her off by grabbing her hand.

“No, just listen Mac.” He ordered. “If I hadn’t of drugged you, then Trevor would have known there was something up, and would have kicked me out of his house. He would still have hurt you, probably would have drugged you, with the full dosage he planned. I knew that if I was the one who drugged you, then I’d be able to empty most of it out, only leaving a bit in to make it believable, but if he did it, he’d give you the full dose, which would have killed you Mac. As much as I hated injecting the drugs into you, I knew that it was better than him doing it, I was trying to protect you.” Jack explained. Martha sat still for a moment registering what he had just said. It all did make perfect sense. How had she been so stupid? It was clear that he was doing it for her benefit, not hers. His reasons were fully acceptable, and didn’t seem selfish at all. A smile grew on her face.

“You are the best cop ever, you know that!” She laughed, staring into his eyes. At first Jack smiled at the compliment, but then looked down at his hands, ashamed at what he’d done. “What?” Martha asked, a confused look appeared on her face.

“I’ve been suspended.” Jack admitted, Martha sat in shock.

“What? Why?” She asked. Jack looked away, he didn’t know how she was going to take this, he just feared that she would be very angry and storm off.

“Well, after I heard that you were pregnant, I kinda put two and two together and came up with 85.” He said, Martha still looked as bewildered as before. “I figured that it must have been Dave, and I knew that you didn’t want to sleep with him, so I thought that he’d…” His voice trailed off as he felt embarrassed with stupidity. “I was furious and went to see him in prison. I know it was a stupid idea, especially because I was in such a bad mood. Dave of course denied it.” Jack said.

“Yea! Because he didn’t do it!” Martha added. Jack nodded.

“Well I didn’t know that then did I? I’d got it in my head that he had, and everytime he denied it I grew angrier, and I eventually lost it with him.” Jack said, ashamed of what he had done.

“What do you mean, lost it with him?” Martha asked.

“I pulled him off the chair and pushed him against the wall, threatening him.” Jack declared. “I couldn’t help it! I was just so mad that he’d done something to you so horrible, I wanted to hurt him.”

“But you never act like that..” Martha muttered.

“I know.” Jack said, watching Martha as she faced the floor. Jack didn’t want Martha to be disappointed with him, he was already angry at himself for it, he didn’t want Martha thinking any less of him because of it. However, to his surprise, she didn’t think anything less of him, she felt a great deal more. She sat up straight and hugged him, resting her head on his shoulder.

“You’re so sweet you know that!” She exclaimed. “I can’t believe you did that for me, put your job on the line, for me!” She said, drifting back to her spot. Jack smiled.

“Of course I would.” Jack commented. “I don’t know what’s got into your head that I’d ever pick my job above you.” They both smiled to one another.

Next chapter is the last. However, unfortunately I've wrote a sequel... Lol. I'm sorry.. I couldn't help myself :P I'll tell you a bit more about it after the last chapter.

Here it is, my last undercover cop-ness fic! *wipes tear* not that he actually did alot of undercover cop work.. lol

Chapter 37

“I saw the video.” Martha said. “Of my ceremony.” She explained. Jack went pink with embarrassment.

“Oh.” He said, rethinking about his speech, and how stupid he now felt.

“Your speech was lovely.” Martha thanked. “And so were the show of your emotions.” She smiled.

“Yea, sorry about that.” Jack laughed.

“What? It was sweet. I’ve never had a guy that upset over me before.” Martha said. Jack smiled to their hands that were still together. He gently let go as he thought about what they were doing. Sure, he wanted to forgive her, but there was still something going on with her and Callum, and he wasn’t sure if he could get past that. Martha looked disappointed when he took his hands away from hers, she knew why he’d done it, and what he was now thinking. She looked at the frown on his face as he sat silently. She had to try and explain, even though she knew Jack was trying so hard not to think about it.

“At the hospital, Callum and I-” She began, but Jack quickly looked up.

“No, we don’t need to talk about it.” Jack said.

“Yes we do.” Martha replied. Jack sat up straight, preparing himself for a very awkward and painful conversation. “He lied to me. He said that you had called Alice back, and made out you two had been having a sort of relationship. Now I think back, he was quite creepy and horrible about it all, he could see how much it upset me, and he just carried on. He knew exactly what to say, and he said it all. He even said that he doubted you ever loved me.” Martha said. Jack grew angrier as Martha explained the things Callum had said, the way he’d stirred it up. “He just mixed all my emotions up, made me believe that there was no chance of a relationship between me and you ever again, and then he acted so nice towards me, and before I knew it, he leant in for a kiss. He knew what he was doing, he set me up for it Jack. He made me feel like you were the worst man in the world, and him the most perfect. I was so confused.” Martha explained. She looked up at Jack’s face. She could see that he was angry, due to a frown plastered on his face. She was right, he was angry. She felt it was best not to mention the fact that Callum had told her he loved her, just in case Jack imploded with anger.

“So do you feel anything towards him?” Jack asked. Martha sighed with laughter as she shook her head.

“No. I love you, not him.” She smiled. Jack looked into her eyes.

“I love you too.” He smiled, his anger faded away along with his thoughts of Callum. He wasn’t important anymore, Martha had shown that Callum had just had a crazy crush on her, not a genuine relationship between them both. The kiss wasn’t REAL, it was fake, caused by lies and a sick mind. Jack could forget about it, as Callum held no threat to their relationship, nothing between them romantically ever existed, much to Callum’s disappointment. Jack leant on his arm behind him, fully facing towards Martha, a smile on his face. She returned the grin, and too placed herself so that she was facing Jack.

“So..” She smiled, “what are we going to do?” She asked, still beaming with happiness. Jack looked at her, she looked so beautiful up on the cliff as the wind gently lifted her long, brown hair and swept it behind her.

“I’ve got an idea…” He said, leaning in slightly.

“What would that be?” She laughed, clearly understanding what he meant, and leaning in further towards his face. They were now mere centimetres apart.

“Let’s get a sandwich!” Jack joked, sitting back laughing. She smiled.

“I’ve got a better idea.” She said, pulling him in for a kiss by his collar, uniting their lips for the first time in over a year.

Down on the beach, Tasha and Robbie were having one of their friendly disagreements as they walked along, hand in hand. However, Tasha stopped suddenly so she could concentrate on something up on the cliff.

“Robbie, who does that look like to you?” She asked him, tugging at their hands. He looked up at the cliff, squinting at the two silhouette shapes which were being created by the light coming from the picturesque sunset. Robbie chuckled as he figured out who the two lovers were, sitting on the edge of the cliff passionately kissing.

“That would be our dear Mac and Jack.” He smiled, confirming Tasha’s thoughts.

“Awww” Tasha smiled. “I guess that means they’re back together..” She said.

“For now!” He laughed. “You know what they’re like.” Tasha agreed.

“Yea, but I think them two are made for one another.” Tasha said. Robbie nodded.

“Me too.” He smiled. They both began to walk, swaying their arms gently as they made their way along the sandy beach, looking up at their two friends, together once more.

Jack looked at down Martha in admiration as she leant on his shoulder, looking out to sea. He had his arm tightly around her back, ensuring not to let her go again. They’d now retired from kissing to look at the beautiful sunset that Summer Bay was honoured with every evening, but he just couldn’t take his gaze off Martha. Martha was far more beautiful in his eyes, she was a vision of perfection to him, and now she was his. He watched as she gently breathed in the calm air and stared out into the beautiful sunset. Nothing could compare to this moment. He was filled with happiness; happiness that was brought on by the simple kiss that he’d just experienced with Martha. He knew that him and Martha would be together forever, he just did. He couldn’t explain how strongly he felt towards her, he just knew it was far stronger than love. He thought back to all the troubles they’d had during day one when they met each other at the housewarming party. He’d now known Martha for about a year and a half, but they had as many memories together as a couple would have on the night of their golden anniversary. Sure, some moments he wished to forget, but there were also some brilliant moments between them, fantastic moments like the one they were sharing now. He kissed her on the forehead and rested his head on hers, then looked out onto the horizon, so he could think about just how happy he was once more. Martha felt the kiss on her forehead and shivers tingled down her spine. The warmth radiating off him was what she’d longed for; the tight embrace that he always offered was a dream come true, and now they were available to her any time she was in need of them. She sighed with joy as she snuggled her head in further and gazed out to the waves, with the man she loved holding her tight; she knew now that she would never let him let go.

The End!

---------

I hope you enjoyed reading both of the fics as much as I enjoyed writing them! =P Now, about the sequel.

Well, as I was updating loads of chapters onto fan fiction.net, i realised that I'd made quite a big error on the new fic, so I've got to resolve that before I post the chapters. *sighs* However, I don't think that they will affect the first few chapters tht I've wrote, so I will probably post them soon! =) Oh and it also depends when jackandmartha!!! writes me another one of her lovely summaries! =) But she is very busy at the moment with her fic, and coursework *shudders* (I've grown to hate that word! Lol) so I'm not putting any pressure on her. *angelic face*

The fic isn't going to be named Undercover Cop 3, even though I personally think that is a rocking title! Lol. I've thought of a name, but am not 100% sure with it, so you'll see when I post the fic! =) It's nothing to do with any Undercover Missions, and hopefully won't be as long as the last two fics! *crosses fingers* as these two seem to be slightly immortal.. lol. Did you know that they've lasted 96 A4 pages, Times New Roman font at size 12!! :o As you can tell I'm amazed! Lol. So well done if you've read both of the fics! It means you've put yourself through 96 pages of my writing! Lol. Maybe I should award medals.. hummm... :P

ANYWAY, I decided to continue from this fic because it ends in such a nice place, open for anything to happen really, and I also want to bring a character back! I'm disturbed by bay_girl's guess... lol. Maybe she's psychic! Lol! Anyway, y'all see when I post it! Please read, as I'll get lonely on my own thread if no-one replies. =( Lol.

comments

Archived