Undercover Cop 2!

Guest Nicom

Chapter 24.

“No” Martha said, pulling away from Callum’s grip. “No I can’t do this. I love Jack. I’m not ready to move on.” She said, standing up. “Sorry, but no.” Callum looked confused and hurt.

“So you’re going to go back to Jack?” Callum asked angrily.

“No. I can’t go back to him after what he’s done, but it’s still too soon to move on. If we were together it’d probably only be rebound or something, I’d be using you to get over Jack.”

“What’s to get over?” Callum argued. “He drugged you Martha. He doesn’t really care about you! He’d only thought you were dead for about 2 weeks before eye-ing up another girl, you obviously don’t mean that much to him. I doubt he really loves you. Not like I love you.” He stood up and went to kiss her again, but she pushed him back.

“I said no Callum. Now get out!” She screamed, pointing at the door. Just then Christie appeared at the door.

“What’s going on?” She demanded.

“Callum was just leaving.” Martha stated, staring at Callum. He stood up and left the room. Martha collapsed on the bed, covering her face with her hands. ‘What have I done?’ she thought to herself.

“What the hell happened?” Christie said concerned. Martha sat up and looked at her friend.

“A big damn mistake that’s what.” Martha told Christie about the events that had just occurred. She didn’t say anything about Alice, because she didn’t want to sound jealous, even though she clearly was.

“I knew he liked you..” Christie said. “I just can’t believe you hadn’t noticed! It was so blatantly obvious!” Martha sighed.

“I wish I had, I may have foreseen this mess and could have done something to prevent it!”

“Are you mad because you’ve lost such a great friend?” Christie guessed.

“No.” Christie looked shocked.

“I mean, he turned out to be not such a great friend after all.” Martha said. Christie gave a look of confusion. “He got quite mad, and was saying that Jack didn’t care for me, and that he thought he didn’t love me.”

“Jerk!” said Christie. “Anyway, are you ready to go?” Christie asked, standing up.

“Yea, my bag is over there.” She said, pointing towards the sports bag in the corner. Christie picked it up and started to head out the door.

“Come on girly! You’re going home! You should be excited!” Christie laughed. Martha was excited about seeing Alf, Ric, Tasha and Robbie, but she wasn’t looking forward to seeing Jack.

Meanwhile, Jack was walking around Sydney Police Station, searching for Peter.

“Finally.” He sighed, looking up at the metal plaque that clearly stated Peter’s office.

“Hello?” Jack said, knocking on the door.

“Hey Jack, come in!” Peter welcomed, looking up from his work. “Take a seat, have a drink.” Peter offered, taking out two glasses and going through his second draw.

“Nah, I’m fine mate. Just popped in to say goodbye that’s all.” Jack explained. Peter shut the draw.

“Ok. Well, as long as you know that I was about to get some water out my draw, not a bottle of whisky that’s fine...” They laughed. “You’re going back to Summer Bay then?” Peter asked.

“Yea.”

“When do you have to be at the airport?” Peter asked.

“I don’t. I’m driving.” Jack said.

“Why? It takes loads less time on the plane? And you’re only renting the car anyway.”

“Well, the company I’m currently renting off is a kind of major company, with branches all over, including the airport where my car is parked currently. They were transferring a few cars over anyway, so they’re letting me drop this one off at the airport.”

“Oh, right. Well, I’m thinking of going back to Summer Bay for a while anyway. Claire and I are due a holiday, and it’d be nice to see Dan, Leah and Ryan. So we might see you there in a couple of days.” Peter smiled.

“Oh, cool.” Jack replied. “Better go then. Got a long journey ahead! See you soon.” Jack said, and left the office.

“I’ll miss you so much!” Christie cried, fighting through the tears.

“Oh my god you wuss, we’ll see her soon!” Ryan laughed. “Won’t we?”

“Yes of course! You’re going to have to come down to Summer Bay and see me! I know Granddad will love to meet you.” She smiled. The PA system rang out, calling Martha’s flight. “Well that’s me.” She smiled, reaching out to hug Christie again.

“Bye! I’ll..miss..you” she snivelled.

“Me…..too…Ahhh” Ryan mocked, putting his arms around both of them. “See you Mac.” He smiled, hugging her.

“Bye!” She waved walking away.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 25

Martha gazed out the window as she passed the “Welcome to Summer Bay” sign. She was so excited about seeing all her old friends and family, but she was also worried that they’d moved on and forgotten about her.

“Here please.” She said, reaching in her purse and paying the Taxi driver the fair. “Thanks.” She said, hopping out in front of the Diner, and excitedly strolling through the door.

“Oh my gawd!” Colleen screamed.

“What now Colleen-” Irene said, coming out of the kitchen. “MARTHA!” She exclaimed, clapping her hands to her mouth. All the eyes in the Diner were now looking at Martha, everyone’s faces were as white as sheets.

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” She joked, trying to break the silence. Sadly, no one laughed, but an extremely happy Tasha did run up and hug her, nearly knocking her off her feet.

“Mac!” She shouted. “Oh my god you’re alive!” Martha laughed.

“Looks that way don’t it!? Hey Rob.” She said, hugging Robbie.

“But young Jack said you were dead.” Colleen said. Angry thoughts of Jack returned to Martha’s mind.

“Well, he was wrong.” She smiled. “If that’s okay?” She joked.

“It’s great darl, we’re so happy! You’re granddad will be over the moon!” Irene cheered.

“Do you know where he is?” Martha asked. She was so excited about seeing her granddad after so long.

“He’s at Noah’s.” Irene said.

“Thanks Irene.” Martha replied, briskly walking out of the diner with her bag on her hip, shortly followed by Robbie and Tasha.

On the way to Noah’s, Martha filled them both up on what had happened.

“So you and Jack are back together then?” Tash asked.

“No. Tash, I’d rather not talk about it now, I’d rather listen to what you’ve been up to!” Martha said, changing the subject. Robbie and Tasha looked at one another, they knew something wasn’t right, but they left the subject alone.

Martha strolled into Noah’s, she didn’t know why but she was nervous as well as excited. She knew that her granddad would be overjoyed, but she still had the butterflies in her stomach. Maybe it was because she hadn’t seen him in so long, or maybe it was because she feared of giving the old man a heart attack. She took a deep breath before walking through the double doors of her old work place. Everyone was busy working, or drinking to notice her. She took a second to look around at the people that she’d missed for so long, and the most important person of all, her granddad.

“Granddad!” She shouted, dropping her bag to the floor. Alf spun around in response to the familiar voice he heard.

“Strike me flamin’ handsome!” He exclaimed. “Martha!” Martha ran up and hugged her granddad tight, tears of joy running down her cheek.

“I’ve missed you so much!” She said. “I love you granddad!” Alf broke away from their hug and looked at her in disbelief.

“How?” He asked. But Martha was distracted by the crowd of people she’d attracted, each one had a more bemused look as the previous. It was obvious what everyone was asking themselves, ‘how Martha could be stood there?’ Of course, Martha had to answer all of their questions, but she only gave a brief explanation, ensuring that she didn’t mention Jack’s name. She couldn’t deal with the questions about him right now, as she didn’t have the answers. So she stood there, laughing, joking and generally catching up with her old friends. She couldn’t have been happier.

“Jack will be thrilled when he sees you Martha.” Tony smiled, he could just imagine his sons reaction. “Shocked, of course, but thrilled none the less.”

“Oh, he will!” Alf added. “He really cares for you Martha, when he came back to tell us the news, he was the one that suffered the most. Sure, the young lad tried to act cool about it, but I think we can all safely say he was heartbroken.”

“Yes, his speech was marvelous at the ceremony. It came from the heart.” Beth said.

“What ceremony?” Martha asked perplexed.

“Oh, well, we had a ceremony for you. We couldn’t have a funeral as we didn’t have your body, but the people of the bay paid their respects on the beach.” Alf explained.

“It was gorgeous. Jack’s idea.” Beth added.

“Yes, he organized most of it. He also chose the plaque and the bench.” Alf said. “Great lad.” Alf smiled.

“Plaque, bench?” Martha was getting seriously confused.

“We’ll show you later.” Tasha said, nudging Martha.

“Oh, ok.” Martha nodded.

“So when’s Jack back?” Alf asked Tony.

“He’s not back?” Martha asked surprised. “I thought he’d have been back by now…” Martha mumbled.

“You mean, you knew he was gone?” Alf enquired.

“Yea, he was the cop who was undercover. The one that got me out...” She mumbled.

“The one that saved you?” Tony asked proudly. Martha sighed.

“Yep.” She didn’t mention that he was also the one that put her life on the line, even though she hated him right now, she didn’t want to ruin his reputation.

“So he knows you’re alive!” Tony exclaimed. “Why isn’t he with you?” Tony said, starting to become suspicious. He knew that Jack’s investigation was over, so he could have told him about Martha on the phone earlier, but he didn’t. Something was definitely wrong.

“I don’t know where he is.” Martha stated, shocking everyone. “Can I stay over at the flat granddad?” Martha asked, both breaking the silence and changing the subject.

“Yea sure.” Alf managed to spit out, still bemused at the Jack situation.

“Thanks, I’ll go drop off my stuff and I’ll see you later.” Martha said, picking up her bag and leaving the bar with Tasha and Robbie.

“I wonder what’s gone off there.” Tony muttered to Beth, who was clearly thinking the same thing.

Chapter 26

“Here it is.” Tasha pointed at the bench, parked up facing the beautiful sandy beach.

“In loving memory of Martha McKenzie.” Martha read. “This is just too weird.” She laughed, sitting on the bench. “So where’s the plaque?” Martha asked.

“I don’t know..” Tasha admitted. “No one does. Jack kept it all very secretive, he was going to tell us but then he had to rush off to the investigation, so he delayed the unveiling until he got back. We’ve looked everywhere for it haven’t we Rob?” Robbie nodded.

“He obviously didn’t want it to be found.” He laughed. “You know he was really upset when he came back. He tried to act strong, but everyone could see through it, and he knew it. He was really heartbroken Mac. I’d see him in the Diner, and he’d be too busy off in la-la land to notice me. He actually called me ‘Mac’ once when I approached him mid-daydream.”

“I don’t look like you do I?!” Martha joked, trying to prevent the questions that were obviously coming.

“What happened between you two?” Tasha asked. Martha knew she would have to say something sooner or later, and she guessed that Tasha and Robbie would be the easiest to talk to about it. They sat on the bench for an hour, coaxing every detail out of her. Finally they got the full story, well, up to their argument. Martha didn’t really want to discuss anything about Alice or Callum, she didn’t feel it was necessary, and she didn’t like thinking about either of them, let alone talking about them.

“Oh my god! He drugged you!?” Tasha said, putting a comforting arm around Martha. Robbie said nothing. Sure he felt sorry for his friend, after all she was drugged and nearly died as a result, but he knew that Jack wouldn’t have done it for anything else but a good reason. He wasn’t going to pass judgement before talking the events through with Jack.

It had now been hours since Martha arrived, all the town knew, thanks to Colleen, and had experienced both shocked and pleased emotions. Now all they awaited was the arrival of Jack, which wasn’t going to be as far off as they thought.

Jack walked into Noah’s.

“Hey Dad! How did I know you’d be here?” He laughed.

“Careful mate, you’ll make me sound like a drunk!” Tony joked as Jack sat down next to his dad. He soon noticed the stares that he was receiving.

“What have you told them?” He whispered to his dad. Tony laughed.

“Nothing! I don’t think I’ve got anything to do with why they’re staring Jack.” Tony replied innocently.

“I’ve got something on my back haven’t I?” Jack said paranoid, jumping up and tugging his top at the back, spinning his head around attempting to look on the back of his top. Tony and Beth both laughed.

“Mate you look like a fool. Sit down.” Tony chuckled. “Nothings on your back.” Jack sighed and sat down, still confused and uncomfortable about the 18 eyes that were watching him. It was only until Tony and Beth started to ask how he was, when he suddenly realised. ‘Martha’s been here.’ He hadn’t thought that she’d return here, after all she had a life in Sydney now, that was her home, not here.

“What’s happened with Martha then?” Alf said, interrupting Jack’s thinking.

“You mean she hasn’t told you? Nothing happened! She’s alive!” Jack joked, acting dumb to avoid giving a real answer. “I’m going to go catch some surf, see you later dad.” He said, patting Tony on the back and practically running to his car.

Jack sat in his car, what was he going to do? He was bound to walk into Martha sooner or later, and he couldn’t get the image of her and Callum kissing out of his head. He rested his head back on the headrest and closed his eyes, trying to come up with some sort of plan to avoid Martha. But instead of coming up with an amazing, clever plan, he fell asleep, exhausted from his long drive.

A few hours later, Robbie was walking back from Martha’s flat, where he’d left Tasha and Martha to have girly chats and generally catch up. And as he was strolling through the car park, in the direction of Noah’s, he’d spotted the familiar green car in the car park. And as he walked closer, he noticed that Jack was still in the car, asleep at the wheel. He tapped on the window, waking Jack up with a jump.

“God you scared me!” Jack exclaimed. Robbie laughed.

“Hey mate. Where you going?” Robbie said, through the window.

“Well, I guess home, unless there’s a raving party that I’m just about to be invited to?” Jack asked, hopefully. Robbie chuckled.

“Come on, I’m coming with. We need to talk anyway.”

“If it’s about Martha then-”

“Then what? You’re going to tell me Jack. I’ll get it out of you sooner or later, and it might aswell be sooner.” Jack sighed.

“Fine. What do you want to know?” He said, driving from the car park and in direction of his home.

“Are you sure?” Tasha asked, gob-smacked. “I’d seen him hours before he left, and it appeared that he definitely wasn’t going to be getting over you anytime soon.” Tasha said.

“Obviously not.” Martha sighed.

“Callum could just be making it up, after all he does sound like he really liked you. Sometimes strong feelings can shadow your better judgement, so maybe he lied to ensure you and Jack wouldn’t get back together, giving you and him a chance of a relationship.” Tasha suggested. Martha shook her head.

“Nope, he’s not like that…” Martha mumbled.

“Well, he did kiss you didn’t he? Then say that Jack didn’t love you. Doesn’t sound that nice of a guy to me..” Tasha started, but Martha ignored her.

“Have you found it yet?” Asked an impatient Martha.

“Yes, here.” Tasha said, pulling a book out of the bookcase and passing it to Martha.

“This is both funny and freaky.” Martha giggled to herself as she flicked through the pages of the album. Out of the album slid a disc labelled “Martha’s Ceremony.” She carefully put it on the side and then shut the book.

“Come on, lets go out!” She smiled.

“Okay then.” Tasha said. “Shall I call Robbie?” Tasha asked.

“Yea sure.” Martha said, getting up and walking towards her room.

“Let me just get changed first.” She said, opening her wardrobe. “Oh my god where are my clothes?” Martha nearly shouted, walking out of her room.

“Oh yea, Jack must have them.” Tasha said.

“Why would he have them?” Martha enquired.

“Well, he was supposed to give them to charity, but I overheard Tony saying that he found them just before he left for the undercover investigation. Jack hadn’t been able to give them away.” Tasha explained.

“Right.” Martha said, grabbing her bag. “Lets go and get them before Jack gets back.” She smiled, dragging Tasha by the arm.

Chapter 27

Martha and Tasha were walking up the drive when Tony pulled up in his car.

“Hey Tony!” Martha shouted in friendly voice. “Is it okay if I get my clothes? Apparently Jack has them.” Martha asked.

“Yea sure, he’s not home yet so you can just go straight into his room.” Tony said, unlocking the door and gesturing for the two girls to enter. “You can show yourselves out right? Sorry I’m just going to have a quick nap.” Tony explained.

“Sure. Oh and thanks.” Martha smiled, walking through the corridor and into Jack’s room. It’d been so long since she’d been in there, but it all seemed very much the same. Tasha and Martha looked around his room, through the draws and in his wardrobe, but with no luck. Martha came across a familiar photo frame on the desk. She curiously picked it up and looked at the picture. Tasha saw her doing so, and went to see what the photo was.

“Me and Jack. When I first got my digital camera, and we took it down to the beach to try it out and stuff.” Martha laughed as she thought of the fun day. “It was great.” Martha sighed, backing up and sitting on the edge of the bed. Tasha joined her.

“You can still fix this you know. You can be together.” Tasha advised.

“No, we can’t.” Martha said, falling back onto the bed. “It’s over between us. Would you be able to forgive Robbie for drugging you, or picking his schoolwork over you?” Tasha sighed.

“Good point.” She answered. Martha took one last look at the photo in her hand and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep. It took Tasha a few minutes to realise, and she chuckled as she swung Martha’s legs around onto the bed, and left her to sleep. “It’s been a long day.” Tasha smiled. “Bless.” Tasha then continued rummaging around draws and cupboards looking for Martha’s clothes.

Robbie and Jack started to walk through the door. Jack held his finger to his lips.

“Shh. Dad will be asleep. He normally has a nap at this time on his day off.” Jack explained. Robbie signalled the OK sign, and they both headed in the direction of Jack’s room. “I’ll just get changed then we’ll go to Noah’s.” Jack told him as he approached the door. However, he was stopped dead in his tracks when he heard the draws in his room open and close. Again, he told Robbie to be quiet as he slowly crept the door open. Revealing Martha asleep on the bed, and Tasha going through his draws.

“What the hell is going on here?” Jack whispered, not to immediately wake Martha up. “Is Martha asleep?” Jack pointed out, trying not to laugh.

“Well she has been up to a lot lately, you know, talking about you drugging her..” Tasha began.

“What? She told everyone?” Jack asked worriedly.

“No. Just me and Tash.” Rob explained. Jack gave a sigh of relief and then looked over at Martha, lying on the bed.

“What are you doing here?” Jack enquired.

“Looking for Martha’s clothes.” Tasha answered, still rummaging around the draws. “Where the hell are they?” She said, impatiently. Jack chuckled.

“Here.” He said, kneeling on the floor and reaching under the bed to bring out a pile of Martha’s clothes, and dropped it on Martha. To his surprise she didn’t flinch. He watched her laying there, peacefully sleeping. But the smile on his face faded as it changed to worry, remembering about when she never woke up. Flashbacks of the event appeared rapidly before his eyes. The images looked so similar to what was currently before his eyes. Martha was so still, so quiet, so unlike her usual self. He sat next to her on the bed, shaking her.

“Martha!? Martha?!” He panicked.

Sorry it's quite short!

Chapter 28

Martha woke up slowly, her eyes focused on Jack. She smiled.

“Jack..” She exclaimed, her voice full of happiness. Even though it had only been a week since they had last seen each other, she had still missed him so much, and was really pleased to be looking up at him at that moment. She smiled as she watched him give a huge sigh of relief and smile back at Martha. But that didn’t last long as thoughts of Alice and the drugs came sweeping back to her mind, and her anger returned. “..What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” Martha shouted, sitting up. Jack sighed.

“I was worried that you hadn’t woken up. I thought that maybe, it’d happened again..” Jack’s voice trailed off. “Anyway, I could ask the same question to you! Why are you asleep on my bed with my..” He looked down at the object in her hand. The picture of them. “Why do you have that? Have you been looking at it?” Martha and Tasha looked at one another. Martha felt embarrassed at Jack’s discovery.

“Tasha asked where the picture was taken, so I tried to tell her, but I’ve forgotten. I must have fallen asleep with it in my hands.” Martha lied. She knew exactly where it had been taken, every time she gazed upon the photo she remembered the fun day that they shared. Jack looked down at the photo.

“Oh, right.” He was shocked that Martha could forget something like that, he’d loved that day, it was one of the happiest he’d shared with Martha. Then again, most of the days he shared with her he saw them as happy, and he wasn’t going to forget them anytime soon, at least not as fast as Martha had. Jack stood up and made his way to the wardrobe, pulling out a shirt and jeans and throwing them on the bed.

“Sorry ladies, but you’re going to have to leave.” Jack smiled. “And Robbie.” He added. Tasha looked confused.

“Why? What are you doing?” Tasha asked.

“Going to Noah’s. Want to come?” Robbie asked Tasha.

“Well, me and Martha were going to go…”

“Great! We can all go together!” Robbie exclaimed, clapping his eyes. Martha and Jack both keyed into the conversation and started to make ‘um’ noises, as they thought of an excuse. “Unless either of you want to be mardy and unsociable because of the other?” Robbie smiled. He always had a way of wording things so they were almost impossible to refuse.

“No.” They both sighed. Robbie and Tasha smiled at one another.

“Well, you may aswell get dressed here!” Tasha suggested. “Your clothes are here, and then we can get a lift in Jack’s car.” Tasha said. Martha put up a fake smile.

“Sure. This is going to be great!” She said sarcastically, searching through her clothes to find a nice top and jeans. Robbie and Tasha left the room.

“I guess I’ll get changed in the bathroom.” Jack sighed, walking past Martha, not making eye contact.

Jack put the note for his dad and Lucas on the kitchen worktop, and then went to join the others in the car. He hopped in the driving seat, next to Robbie. They drove in silence, only to be disturbed by Martha’s phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey Martha, it’s Callum.” Callum said. Martha looked towards Jack. She didn’t know why, but she felt like she’d cheated on Jack when she kissed Callum, even though they weren’t together.

“Erm, now’s not a good time.” She mumbled, trying to make up an excuse.

“Please, Martha, where are you? I love you! Please give us a chance?” He pleaded down the phone.

“Callum-” She tried to say, placing her hand to her forehead, but his plea continued. Everyone in the car had heard the mention of Callum’s name, and Tash looked towards Martha, trying to imagine what Callum was saying, as she could see Martha was clearly stressing.

“Can you just pull over Jack? Let Martha talk on the phone in privacy?” Tasha suggested. Jack sighed. ‘Sure, that’s what I want to give them..’ he thought.

“Yea.” He agreed, pulling over at the edge of the road, where Martha popped out and walked a few metres back. Tasha and Robbie both tried to keep the conversation away from Callum and Martha, but Jack wasn’t paying attention, he was too busy thinking of what Callum could be saying. ‘Maybe they’re girlfriend and boyfriend. They must be. They’re pretty close, he likes her, she obviously feels the same way. They’re on the phone to one another right now!’ Jack thought. He looked through his wing mirror at the reflection of Martha. She was now walking back, with a fake smile plastered on her face.

“Hey.” She said, hopping into the car. Jack drove off, unable to take Callum and Martha off his mind.

Chapter 29

“We’ll get the drinks.” Robbie said to Tasha and Martha as him and Jack walked to the bar. Jack stood at the bar in a trance as Robbie ordered the first round.

“Wow, it really did affect you.” Robbie continued. Jack awoke, looking to Robbie.

“Sorry, what did you say mate? What affected me?” Jack asked.

“Callum’s phone call to Martha. Ever since she got it you’ve been on a different planet.” Robbie said. Jack couldn’t be bothered to argue, even if he did, he knew that he wouldn’t be convincing. “So now you’ve just got to tell her.” Robbie said, patting him on the back. Jack nearly choked on his beer.

“What!?” He spluttered. Tasha and Martha spun around to see what was happening, they’d both assumed that the person coughing and choking on their beer would be Robbie, but to their surprise they saw it was Jack. Martha looked at him stood at the bar, making a big scene with his coughing fit. She felt a small smile appear from the corner of her mouth, as she found it quite funny watching him splutter and get embarrassed.

“Tell him.” Tasha whispered. Martha took her gaze from Jack and looked towards Tasha.

“What?” Martha asked.

“Tell him that you love him and that you so desperately want him back!” Tasha giggled.

“No! I don’t! I’m fine without him, he’s a jerk.” Martha said angrily.

“Why the hell would I tell her? She’s happy with Callum now anyway.” Jack argued, now having his breathing and coughing under control.

“How do you know she’s happy with him?” Robbie asked.

“You should have seen them there. She wasn’t thinking about me. She knows how much I like her, and that I am really sorry for what I did, so it was up to her, and she chose Callum.” Jack mumbled, looking past Robbie’s shoulder and to Martha. ‘He has a point. I’ll drop it for now’ Robbie thought.

“Come on, help me out here.” Robbie said, gesturing for Jack to pick up two of the drinks.

“Tasha darling.” Robbie smiled, passing her a drink and leaning over the table to kiss her cheek.

“Thanks.” She smiled sweetly, taking a sip. All eyes were now on Jack, holding the two beers in his hands. He heavily put Martha’s drink down on the table, not making eye contact. She reached over and took a drink.

“Service with a smile.” She mumbled sarcastically. Jack looked up at her and gave her a short over-the-top smile.

“Better for you?” He snapped.

“Much.” She said, Tasha and Robbie laughed, trying to make a joke out of it all, but Jack and Martha just sat quietly drinking.

The four of them sat in awkward silence for about 10 minutes before Robbie finally brought up conversation.

“So Mac, what’s dying like? You did it twice, you should be an expert.” Robbie joked. “Ow!” He shouted, Tasha had kicked him under the table for bringing up the whole drugs incident. Jack and Martha looked towards him confused.

“What’s up mate?” Jack asked, puzzled.

“Pins and Needles.” Robbie muttered, giving Tasha deadeye. The four sat quiet for a moment, before Martha decided to continue with the conversation.

“Well, I can’t really remember it. Maybe if we get Jack to drug me again then I could write notes!” She said. “He wouldn’t take a lot of convincing, especially if we got his boss to ask.” Martha commented, giving an evil glare at Jack. Robbie and Tasha looked at one another, and then looked towards Jack who just sat fiddling with the sticker on his beer, trying to ignore what Martha was saying.

“Footy’s on tomorrow isn’t it?” Jack asked Robbie, ignoring Martha. This made her more infuriated.

“Tasha. Robbie.” Martha interrupted. “You two love each other, right?” She asked. Tasha and Robbie gave a sigh of relief, she had stopped making digs at Jack, maybe now they could all have a peaceful drink together.

“Yes.” Robbie said, holding Tasha’s hand on top of the table.

“Aww aren’t that cute?” Martha asked Jack, with a sweet smile. “Anyway..” She continued, looking back at Robbie and Tasha.

“Say if one of you died, how long would it take you to move on, you know, go on a date?” She asked. Tasha realised where she was leading, and tried to think of an answer that would stop her in her tracks, before she started on Jack again.

“I’d never get over her.” Robbie smiled at Tasha. “It’d take me a while before I even thought about dating someone else.” Robbie answered.

“Mac I think-” Tasha began, but was interrupted by Martha.

“A year perhaps?” Martha asked. Jack wondered what point she was trying to prove, but Robbie suspected nothing and carried on the conversation.

“Oh more than that! 5, 6 maybe.” Robbie answered. Tasha leant her head on her arm, now there was nothing she could do to prevent what was going to come out of Martha’s mouth.

“Oh, that’s funny, it only took Jack a matter of weeks.” Martha snapped, looking towards Jack.

“What?” Jack asked, puzzled.

“You know, Alice?” Martha said. She didn’t know why she was doing this, but she just couldn’t seem to stop. All the sadness inside of her had changed to anger, and she was letting it out on Jack. Jack didn’t know how she’d found out about Alice, but he couldn’t believe the cheek of Martha having a go at him because of it. After all, he’d done nothing with Alice, and Martha and Callum had kissed!

“Yes, I know Alice.” Jack answered sharply.

“Alice? Who the heck is Alice?” Robbie interrupted.

“Well,” Jack answered, not looking away from Martha, “she was the stewardess on the plane ride to Sydney, she gave me her number.” Robbie looked shocked.

“You called her? It’d only been a couple of weeks since Mac-” Robbie began.

“No I didn’t call her. I never made contact with her again after that flight.” Jack answered, his gaze still remaining on Martha. “So what point were you trying to prove then Martha?” Jack asked. She was so confused.

“But Callum said-” She began, but Jack was too furious to let her speak.

“Oh! Callum! How is your lover-boy Callum by the way?” Jack snapped. Martha and Tasha looked equally as confused.

“What?” Martha enquired. “He’s not my lover-boy. He’s just a friend.”

“Really? You see I have a hard time believing that Martha!” He said, his voice growing with anger.

“Why is that?” Martha snapped in reply. Jack stood up.

“Because you two were kissing at the hospital!” Jack shouted. Martha spun around to Tasha.

“I didn’t say anything.” Tasha promised, holding her hands up innocently.

“She’s right, she didn’t. I was at the door.” Jack explained. Martha could see the hurt in his eyes as he stood there looking at her in disappointment and disgust.

“I..I didn’t see you…” Martha said guiltily.

“Obviously not. You were too busy with Callum.” Jack replied harshly. He stood there, staring at Martha. He’d tried to forget about it, but he couldn’t, and every time he thought about it, it made him angry. The anger had built up inside him, and was slowly overpowering his love for Martha. He could look at her now, and not feel the love he knew that existed somewhere deep inside of him, he could just feel hatred and betrayal.

“Jack I..” Martha tried to think of something she could say to make it better, but she couldn’t think of anything.

“Save it. I don’t really care anymore. You can throw your tantrums if you like, and hold a grudge against me for the drugs, because I’m not going to be around you to know about it.” Jack said before storming out of the bar.

Chapter 30

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Tasha asked. “We totally understand if you want to be alone, or if you want to talk about it?” She suggested. Martha shook her head.

“I’m fine!” Martha insisted, rummaging through the draws for the bottle opener. Her, Tasha and Robbie were now all in Martha and Alf’s apartment. She finally opened the beers and sat down on the sofa in-between Tasha and Robbie, handing them a beer each. Martha was trying to keep her mind off Jack, if they left then she knew that she wouldn’t be able to stop thinking about him, she needed as many distractions as possible.

“Oh! Let’s watch this!” Martha grinned, picking up a DVD and inserting it into the DVD player. She sat back down and pressed play on the remote. The words ‘Martha’s Ceremony’ faded in onto the screen.

“You sure you want to watch this?” Robbie asked. “It’s like practically your funeral.” Robbie laughed.

“I know! Won’t it be funny…” She said, turning up the volume and taking a drink of her beer. But it wasn’t as funny as she thought it’d be. All her friends and family were either crying or looking very upset. She watched through the service, as her friends and family each said their little bit about her, shared a few tears, and sat down. She was just about to turn off when the next person stood up. Jack. He walked over to the microphone and took a few deep breaths.

“He looks so nervous.” Martha said to Tasha and Robbie, who both looked at her, awaiting her reaction. He talked for about 10 minutes, but not once did the speech sound boring, as he kept everyone involved by slipping in the occasional joke, or funny memory that made people smile. Martha watched in admiration as Jack talked about her.

“She.. She had a way of making you smile, even if you didn’t think it was possible that you could. That talent of hers made it practically impossible to hold a grudge, well I know I found it hard.”

She paused the DVD after that comment, and looked down at her hands.

“I don’t think that’s going to fix things now.” Martha muttered. “I’ve ruined it completely.” Tasha put an arm around her, embracing her in a friendly hug. During this hug, the DVD began to play again, and Jack’s speech continued. It was nearing the end of his speech, and it was clearly visible that he was trying not to cry. Martha stared at his brown eyes welling up with tears, and listened to his shaky voice, trying not to collapse with the sadness he was feeling. She paused it, again.

“I’ve never seen him cry.” Martha said to Robbie and Tasha. “He didn’t even cry when he got shot and thought he was going to die. Yet, he was fighting back the tears when he thought I was dead.”

“He loved you a lot.” Robbie said. “More than you can imagine.”

“Exactly.” Martha said, a tear rolling down her cheek.

“What?” Robbie and Tasha asked in unison.

“Loved.”

Jack slammed the door behind him. He walked into the lounge and angrily threw his jacket onto the sofa, making a loud bang as the two leather’s collided.

“What the flamin’ hell is going off here?” Alf asked, walking away from Tony who was standing in the kitchen, just as bemused as he was.

“I could ask the same question mate?” Tony said, following Alf’s steps towards Jack. Jack hadn’t seen either of them when he entered, as his mind was too busy on Martha.

“Sorry Alf, Dad. I’m going to bed.” Jack apologized, walking to the door.

“Hang on. What’s wrong?” Tony asked. Jack looked at Alf. He couldn’t tell his dad when Alf was stood there, and anyway, he didn’t want to think about Martha, let alone talk about her. He hadn’t realised how long he’d been stood there, shooting blank looks at both Alf and Tony.

“It hasn’t got anything to do with Martha has it?” Alf enquired. Jack sighed and put his hands in his pockets as he thought of what to say. “That girl!!” Alf said, grabbing his jacket.

“No, it’s not. It’s something to do with…work.” Jack lied, he didn’t want Alf going home telling Martha off, because then she’d know that he was affected by their argument.

“Oh, ok. Well I best be going.” Alf said, he waved goodbye and went, leaving Jack and Tony stood in the living room.

“It’s not work, is it?” Tony asked. Jack ignored him.

“I’m going to bed.” Jack answered walking off into his room.

“Jack!” Tony called back, but the only response he got was the sound of Jack’s door being shut. Tony decided to leave it until the morning, and headed off to bed himself.

Thanks for the commentss! Seen as though there have been quite a few replies I decided to post the next one now!

Chapter 31

Tony and Lucas sat at the breakfast table the next morning, both chomping through their cereal.

“Where’s Jack? I haven’t even seen him yet!” Lucas said. Tony sighed as he put down the newspaper.

“I guess he’ll have gone for a morning run or something, to clear his head. You know what he’s like.” Tony replied, looking back to his paper.

“Why would he need to clear his head?” Lucas asked. Tony lowered his paper, again.

“I don’t know. Something’s up with him, but I’ll find out.” Tony said, resuming with reading the article. Lucas shrugged as he eat his last spoon-full of corn flakes, and took his bowl to the sink, where he started to wash the few pots that were already sat there. Someone knocked at the door. Tony folded his paper and threw it on the table next to his bowl, giving a sigh of frustration as he was once more interrupted from reading the article that he’d been attempting to finish all morning.

“Beth.” He smiled.

“Hi Tony.” She smiled back.

“Come in.” He said. She walked in a few paces and turned around to face Tony again.

“How’s Jack? I was in Noah’s last night and overheard the argument with Martha. Well, it would be hard not to hear the shouting.” She laughed. Tony and Lucas both looked puzzled.

“He was shouting?” Lucas said, surprised. “At Martha!?”

“I knew there was something wrong with him! Do you know what it was about?” Tony asked.

“Well, I’d noticed that him and Martha weren’t really getting along that well. They often made little digs at one another, not pleasant comments.” Beth thought back to last night. “Martha had obviously said something bad to Jack, because he shouted out something about seeing her kissing someone else at the hospital. He ended up practically saying he didn’t care about her anymore, and didn’t want to be around her.” Beth said. Tony and Lucas looked at one another, this wasn’t the Jack they knew. “Should I have said this?” Beth asked, worried that she’d gone and got Jack in trouble.

“Yes, you should. Thanks Beth.” Tony smiled, resting his hand on her shoulder. Jack then burst in, his bright and bubbly smile soon drifted away as he adapted to the mood of the room. He quickly realised what had happened when he saw Beth. She was working last night at the bar, she’d seen his argument with Martha, and she’d now told Tony and Lucas.

“Well, I’ll leave you boys to it then.” Beth said, Tony kissed her on the cheek goodbye, and turned around to Jack.

“Come on. Talk.” He said, pointing to the sofa. Jack reluctantly sat onto the designated seat, and began to tell his dad everything that had happened. Everything from his first undercover mission, to the night before at Noah’s. He’d never got chance to talk to his dad much about what happened in Sydney the first time, he was too busy grieving for Martha for the few weeks that he was in the bay, so this time he could really explain, and Tony would get the whole picture. Lucas had invited himself in the conversation, and sat next to Jack on the sofa, listening to his story.

Martha decided to eat her breakfast in the diner with her granddad the next morning. It wasn’t because she longed for the wonderful English breakfast that was cooked so well by Leah, it was because she knew the diner would be busy, and she hoped this would keep Jack off her mind. Everything was going well until her granddad brought up Jack’s name.

“You and young Jack had an argument last night, didn’t you?” Alf asked. Martha carried on eating, she hoped that he’d get the hint, but of course he didn’t. “Last night I went over to Tony’s, to talk about the football team, and Jack came storming in, he was in a state Martha. He denied it having anything to do with you, but according to some of the customers at Noah’s, you two had a bit of an argument last night.” Alf said.

“And?” Martha said, tearing her toast up and dipping it into her egg. “Your point?” Alf sighed.

“I know how stubborn you are, how tough you try to look. But I also know how delicate you are, and how much you like Jack.” Martha looked up at her granddad, listening to his wise words. “If you like him, tell him, make sure you get him back.” Alf advised. Martha put her hand to her forehead.

“But I can’t, I’ve really messed it up granddad, he won’t forgive me.” Martha said, her voice started to waver as her eyes began to fill with tears. She looked away, trying to swallow her sadness. Alf chuckled.

“I’m sure you can find a way.” He smiled. “Go on.” He insisted. Martha smiled as she wiped away the tear that had escaped.

“Thanks granddad.” She said, standing up and practically running out of the diner.

OKay, this chapter is like one of my favourites, because I had so much fun making the Lucas part! Lol. It was just like the old days with Jenny... Jenny the nutter. Wasn't she great? Lol. Anyway, here it is! I hope all my Italicized writing works.

Chapter 32

“How can your life be so complicated?” Lucas asked in astonishment. Jack turned around to his younger brother.

“I sometimes wonder.” He chuckled. Tony was too deep in thought to say anything. He was concentrating; trying to come up with some sort of advice that he could see his son was desperately seeking. “So…?” Jack asked. At first he didn’t want to tell Tony, but as he was explaining everything through, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders, and he knew that his dad could help him now. Well, he thought he could.

“Sorry mate.” Tony sighed.

“What? What do you mean, ‘sorry’?” Jack asked.

“I don’t know what to say. It does seem like Martha likes this guy Callum. After all, you said they were close in Sydney, then they kissed, and they’re still talking, so it can’t be bad can it?” Tony reasoned. Jack nodded gently.

“I suppose it can’t.” Jack said, disappointed. He didn’t know why he was disappointed, he hated Martha for doing that to him, but he hated more the reality that they weren’t going to be together again.

“Are you sure she doesn’t like you?” Tony asked.

“Yup. She won’t forgive me for the drugging, even though I had to do it, for her sake! I didn’t do it for my job dad, I can’t believe she’d think I’d do something like that..” Tony put his arm around his eldest son.

“Jack. If Martha did like you, then what would you do?” He asked him. Jack looked confused.

“But she doesn’t.”

“Yes, but what if she came barging through this door right now and said ‘Jack will you take me back? I’m sorry, I love you.’ What would you say? Would you take her back?” Tony asked. Jack looked down at his hands, as if they’d have the answer. Lucas stood up.

“I can do a bit of role play if you like?” Lucas laughed. He ran and opened the door, standing just outside. He knocked. “Hi!” Lucas said, in a strange high-pitched voice. “Jack! I love you so much! You’re my Romeo.” He let out a girly sigh. “Take me back? I don’t like that idiot Callum, it’s you I want!! My cuddly bear!” Lucas said, laughing. Jack threw a pillow at him playfully.

“When does Martha EVER sound like that?” Jack laughed. Lucas walked over in front of Jack.

“Well?” Lucas said, tilting his head to the side and clasping his hands just below his chin.

“You know how camp you sound? Wait until I tell Maddie..” Jack teased. “I wonder how she’ll take the news of her boyfriend pretending to be a girl for fun?” Lucas threw the pillow back at Jack.

“Just tell us what you’d say!” He said, sitting back down on his chair. Jack thought for a moment. He thought back to how he felt when he walked into that hospital room. Every time he’d thought of, talked about, or saw Martha, he thought of that kiss, and it sent pains down his spine. ‘How can I have a relationship with that going off in my head?’ he thought. And as that question ran through his mind, he knew what his answer would be.

“It’d be no.” Jack sighed, resting his head back onto the soft, cushiony leather back of the sofa. “I can’t stop thinking about it, I can’t stop imagining it, so how would I be able to forgive her?” Jack asked his dad.

“I don’t think you could.” Tony answered.

“But I know that somewhere inside of me loves her, but this anger is just… drowning it out. That shouldn’t happen. If I love her we should be fine, right?” Jack pleaded.

“Sometimes love just isn’t enough Jack.” Tony explained wisely. Jack knew his dad was right, even though on this occasion he desperately didn’t want him to be. He closed his eyes, trying to gather his thoughts and organise what he was going to do. Lucas watched as his brother sat coming to terms with his break up. He knew it was so wrong, Jack and Martha were made for each other, or so he thought. How could it be over? Jack’s eyes sprung back open.

“Why are we even discussing this like it’s an option?” Jack asked. “As we said before, there’s no reason for her not to like Callum. The evidence is all there, the friendliness, the kiss, the call… the decisions not even up to me.” Jack continued. “I’ll get over her. It’s obviously not meant to be. I’ll be fine. I was for a year wasn’t I? I got over her before!” Jack said, trying to convince himself.

“No you didn’t Jack. You pretended you did. We found the photo of you two in your draw.” Lucas admitted. Jack’s face fell.

“Well, I’ll do it properly this time.” He said, getting up and walking towards his room. Lucas and Tony looked at each other in bemusement.

“What are you doing?” Tony shouted, as Jack was now in his room.

“Well,” he said, reappearing with a sports bag full of stuff. “I’m going to take all our stuff to her apartment.” Jack explained. “Then I won’t have anything to remind me of her here.” He said happily, as he exited the house through the open door. “Thanks for the help!” He shouted back as he shut the door behind him. Jack threw the bag on the passenger seat of his car, driving off fast before he had chance to actually think through what he was doing and stop himself from putting a seal on their break up. He’d been in that much of a rush he hadn’t noticed Martha on the bench just outside of the Holden’s house, tears streaming down her face. She’d heard everything since Lucas’ impersonation, as he’d left the door wide open. It wasn’t like she was spying or anything, she’d just walked up to the door as Lucas was acting all girly, she didn’t want to interrupt, as she was intrigued into what he was doing. When she listened to what he was saying she soon realised who he was pretending to be, and what that person was going to ask. She kept quiet, listening for an answer, but she wished she hadn’t, because it wasn’t the answer she wanted. As she listened to Jack talk about how he was going to get over her, she felt her knees start to tremble and grow weak, so she took a seat on the bench, still listening to everything that was going on. She was now watching Jack’s car drive off into the distance, thinking about how foolish she’d been. She knew that she should head to the apartment, accept the things off Jack, perhaps even talk to him, but she couldn’t pluck up the courage, so she just strolled off aimlessly, letting her legs guide her absent mind for once.

Chapter 33

She found herself walking up a sandy path, heading for the familiar cliff that she used to spend much of her time on. It was the cliff where her and Jack had shared their first kiss, and for her it had the best scenery in the whole of Australia. Not just because of the view of the gorgeous sandy beach, and the clear, beautiful blue sea crashing into the rocky cliffs, it was because of the memories that came flooding back as soon as she stepped onto the hard rock. She carried on walking up the path, across the bumpy ground, when something shiny blinded her as she reached the top. She made her way towards it and sat beside it, trying to figure out what it was. The gold, glowing object was red hot as she touched it, causing her to whip away her hand almost instantly. She moved a little away, blocking the suns light and stopping the glow, allowing her to see the actual object. It was a plaque. Her plaque; and engraved was her favourite poem. ‘So this is where he put it’ she thought, smiling at his choice of location. But the smile soon turned into a frown as she thought of him dropping off her things at her apartment, right now. She sat staring at the plaque, instead of the beautiful scenery behind her. Whenever she saw the edge of that cliff, she reminisced the good time she shared with Jack, when he forgave her. She didn’t want to think about that now, so she chose not to suffer the pain and didn’t look.

Jack sat, his legs dangling over the edge of the cliff. His navy sports bag was sat beside him, and Martha’s journal on his lap. He hadn’t been able to take Martha’s possessions back to her apartment, not without having a last look anyway. He’d been searching through the bag, briefly looking at the memorabilia’s that it contained, when he came across the journal. He had toyed with the idea of reading the remaining pages, but wasn’t completely sure if he should, seen as though he knew that she was alive. After a little while of staring at the tattered front cover of the journal, he flicked through the pages, looking for the point he’d left the reading at, when Martha left the bay. His reading was interrupted by a short cry from behind him. He spun around, to find Martha facing the opposite way.

“Martha?” Jack asked. She turned around to the familiar voice, quickly wiping away her tears.

“Jack.” She smiled. They sat there for a moment, staring at one another. Jack didn’t like to see her crying, it made himself feel sad watching the tears roll down her cheek. He wanted to comfort her, make her feel better, but the feeling of betrayal kept him from doing so.

“We need to talk.” He said. Martha nodded slowly and walked up near the edge of the cliff. “You sure? We don’t have to stay near the edge.” Jack asked, surprised at how far Martha had actually come.

“I’m…fine..” She said, her voice trembling with the fear. She put her hand on his shoulder as she slowly lowered herself and sat down on the edge, also dangling her feet over the waves. Jack let out a light chuckle, as he watched Martha stare below them, she was clearly petrified. She looked up. “What are you laughing at?” She asked. Jack shook his head.

“Nothing..” He lied. They both sat in silence, waiting for the other to start to speak. “Why were you crying?” Jack asked, concerned. Martha looked up at him, she’d stopped crying now, but her eyes will still red and sore from her sobs.

“Stubbed my toe…” They laughed, he knew that it wasn’t the truth, but he wasn’t going to push it. Martha’s eyes drifted to the journal on Jack’s lap, he saw her look at it.

“Erm, I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t-” He began.

“It’s okay.” She smiled. “I don’t mind.” Jack was taken aback by Martha’s calm mood, he thought that she’d kill him for reading it. “What point did you get up to?” She enquired.

“Well, the night before your ceremony I read up to… when you left to go to Sydney.” Jack answered. Martha nodded.

“Hmm, well, that’s a good topic actually.” She said. Jack looked confused. She wasn’t going to start arguing with him again, was she? She took the diary from his hands and opened to the page, then returned it and gently patted the page. “Go on.” She smiled. Jack hesitated at first, but he really wanted to read it, so he did as he was told. It only took him a few lines until he stopped.

“I heard you say this, when we were in Sydney. You said it to Callum, Ryan and Christie.” Jack said. “I didn’t know you were leaving the bay!” Jack protested. “I ignored the text because I was trying to get over you, not that I didn’t care you were leaving. I’d avoided the Diner because I was trying to forget about you, so I never heard about you going to the city, well that was until that night at Noah’s.” Jack’s voice trailed off. “I couldn’t believe you’d left without saying goodbye. I thought we meant more than that.”

“So you cared?” Martha asked, hopeful. Jack smiled.

“Yes, I did.”

Chapter 34

“I missed you when you left, you know.” Jack mumbled.

“I missed you too.” Martha smiled. “I couldn’t stop thinking about you for months, that’s why Claire set me up with dates.” Martha explained.

“Yes, same here. Tasha and Robbie did it to try and help me. I wish they hadn’t now, because of Jenny.” He laughed.

“Yea, I wish I’d never met Dave. I wish I’d never left the bay.” Martha sighed.

“Me too.” Jack smiled. The only sound that could be heard was the gentle lapping of the waves beneath them, and the sound of the pages of Martha’s journal turning over. Jack started to chuckle.

“What?” She asked.

“I was just thinking about when we first saw each other on the first undercover mission. Your face..” He laughed.

“It was a shock!” Martha giggled. “I could say the same thing about you actually, I could tell you were pretty surprised too!”

“At least I didn’t cover up with a headache!” Jack teased. Martha playfully punched him.

“Well, it was better than your gorm of an expression.” She joked. Her laugh slowly faded away as she collected a more serious tone and expression. “I know I never said it, but I was so pleased it was you.” Martha admitted. Jack’s puzzled expression forced her to explain. “You have this way of making me feel safe, and that’s what I needed when Dave was around. You could see how edgy I was around him when I used that self defence move on him, when he crept behind me.” Jack laughed.

“Yea. It’s nice to know you still use it, so that session wasn’t a complete failure.” Jack smiled. “Why didn’t you tell someone about Dave?” Jack asked, he’d clearly tormented himself with this question for quite a while. “You could have told me, I would have helped you.” Jack said. “You didn’t have to suffer for so long, I thought you knew that I was always here for you.”

“But I thought you hated me. And I was also angry with you for not saying goodbye. I was close to ringing you once though, when Dave started lashing out. I had the phone dialled in my mobile and everything, but I just couldn’t go through with it. I wanted to talk to you so badly. I knew that you’d be able to make everything better, but I couldn’t get our argument out of my head, I didn’t think you’d want to hear from me.” Martha explained. Jack looked down at his hands, his heart full of guilt. If he hadn’t of been so mean to her before she left the bay, she would have had more confidence to ring him for help, it would have spared her all the beating, all the bruises, all the pain. Jack suddenly felt something soft and warm on his hand, he refocused to see that Martha was resting her hand on his. He looked up at her and their eyes locked. “Don’t feel guilty Jack, it wasn’t your fault we fell out.” Martha smiled. Jack, who had been in a trance ever since she touched his hand, snapped out of it and brought his hand away from hers. He wasn’t ready for this, he couldn’t just get over her and Callum. Martha casually drifted her arm back to her side, disappointed that Jack clearly couldn’t forgive her. Jack started to flick through the pages of the journal, trying to create as much noise to break the awkward silence. A word suddenly shone out from the pages, reminding him of what Martha had said to Callum, Ryan and Christie.

“You thought I’d slept with Jenny, didn’t you?” Jack laughed. Martha looked up at him confused.

“Yea. You were out all night Jack, where else would you have been?”

“In the back garden, trying to sleep.” Jack smiled.

“What?” Martha enquired.

“I left my key inside before I left, then when I returned later I couldn’t get in. I tried knocking but you mustn’t have heard-”

“Because I had my Ipod on loud..” Martha laughed. “So you didn’t sleep with her then?” Martha asked excitedly. Jack shook his head.

“Nope.” They both laughed.

“Wow. That was a big misunderstanding with a hell of alotta consequences, hey? I got engaged because of that!” She giggled. Jack thought for a moment.

“What did Dave do when you told him the wedding was off?” Jack asked.

“Shouted, lashed out, everything you’d expect from a man like him.” Martha explained. “Hey, the bruises and scratches have all gone.” Martha bragged. Jack laughed.

“Yea, but look at this beauty.” Jack said, slowly pulling up his top to reveal the bullet hole scar in his stomach.

“Nice.” She smiled. Jack gleamed.

“Isn’t it just.” He said, not looking away from the scar. Martha sighed as she stared at the circle imprinted on his skin.

“Thanks for saving me.” She smiled. Jack looked up at her, lowering his shirt.

“Anytime.” Jack grinned.

That's one biiiiiig post! =P

Archived