Irene UK Episodes

Guest Guevara01

Okay, I know what is going on with Irene, but after today's episode, where Hayley and Barry went looking for her, she's displaying the following symptoms:

Talking to dead people

Slurred speech - or so i thought

Cuts that she either can't remember or won't say how she got

Confused and dazed

Hiding from her own family and friends.

Now, Irene has been on the show for a while now, and if it was me, before i got her checked over by a psychiatrist, i would have questioned whether or not she'd fallen of the wagon.

Her background in this is well know, and being drunk - at this point, not knowing what most of us know - would fit with at least some of her symptoms.

Wouldn't you have asked, or am i reading too much into this?

xxx

I knew what was happening to her before the storyline started.

But you are right,they should of at least mentioned it to each other.

But if she had been drinking that much to have all those side-effects she would of smelt of it aswell.

Maybe thats why they never though of it.

I know this is off topic, but it really mad me laugh when Alf punched Josh in the bar. The bar was right behind them, but the picture they showed in the paper that Leah gave to him to look at, it was a wall behind them with pictures hanging on the wall. :lol::lol:

Irene may have been an alcoholic, but I think you'd need to take a bit more than alcohol to see dead people! (unless you are Hayley, or Ailsa!). :lol:

As far as I know, Irene doesn't have a history of taking LSD or magic mushrooms, so I think everyone can safely assume that she is indeed losing her sanity rather than just being a bit drunk! :blink:

But they don't know that she is "seeing" them in the same way that we do. They just know she is talking to them. I have long conversations with myself when I am drunk, often in German! :ph34r: And I'm not an alcoholic. It's perfectly reasonable that if she were really drunk she might start talking to Chloe, it is not that long after she died, after all, it is probably very raw still for Irene.

I think it is terrible continuity that they haven't even mentioned it.

Yes but no one who lives in Summer Bay has ever seen Irene drunk. They know she is an alcoholic but it has never been an issue while she has been there.

There are a lot of medical holes in this storyline see HERE

but I think it was great and Lynne was brilliant in it.

Archived