Leah and Irene

Guest tessa305

I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions i have about these two.

I remember reading (or something) somewhere, that leah arrived in the bay after a failed wedding-although i could have made that up-but why did she come to the bay and in what circumstances? Did she know anyone living there?

Also Irene, did she have any reasons for settling in the bay?

thanks for any help, tess.

Irene came to the bay to look for her children Finlay and Damien who had been taken in by the Pippa. When she first arrived she was struggling with an alcohol addiction and was a million miles away from the Irene we know and love today.

Irene came to the bay to look for her children Finlay and Damien who had been taken in by the Pippa. When she first arrived she was struggling with an alcohol addiction and was a million miles away from the Irene we know and love today.

i want the old irene back. blonde mullet, blue eyeliner and everything. did the old irene smoke? because NOBODY smokes in summer bay, but i have a feeling the old irene did. geez, i'm talkin like it's a different actress or something, but there's just very little that connects that irene and the one we know today.

Leah arrived in the Bay in 2000, she had run away from her wedding and was hitchhiking and picked up by Vinnie. On the ride she chattered away non-stop and Vinnie got really fed up with her. She asked him to suggest somewere she could stay and he suggested the caravan park but there were no vans available. Tom Nash saw Leah and fancied her so he invited her to stay, much to Vinnie's disgust but eventually he grew to love her and they got together.

I think it's good that no one smokes in the bay, it sets a good example. *Prepares to be shouted at*. I like all the Irene's anyway, she's a great character.

xx

i think it's illegal to do it on TV in australia. i see what you're saying, but it ads some kind of unrealism. to me, irene smokes off camera. she's just the type. home and away features murders, rapes, sex, theft ... stuff that i would consider heavier content than smoking .. and swearing for that matter. i just think there's an element of sillyness to nobody smoking.

Archived