Hyde's Secret

Guest *Rachel*

I was going to post a reply sooner, but I couldn't quite get my head in the door.

When Robbie came to the bay it looked like the character Coral wanted to create was sort of geeky in a fun way, he had that creative side as well.

I think Coral had the first strike upon Robbie's character when she had him blow up Matilda. That took away the inventive side of him.

Then the next episodes were quite dark, what with Tasha's secrets and Sarah's gun and that toomk away the fun part.

I think Dan Bennett had tried to transplant some of this back in, with stuff like the Donut's and the upcoming nudist camp storyline, but rather than looking like the original Robbie, who would have grown old by now, but that's a different thing, he's made him look like a dull character who is obsessed by Tasha getting himself into comic set-pieces.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose the old, geeky Robbie had to grow up sometime, as the stupid stuff he did was bound to get old eventually (cue Donut adverts and bad fashion mistakes). But they could have handled it so much better. Giving him heavy storylines and making him shout his way through them was not the best way to go about it, nor was the continual breaking up and making up with Tasha.

I was going to post a reply sooner, but I couldn't quite get my head in the door.

When Robbie came to the bay it looked like the character Coral wanted to create was sort of geeky in a fun way, he had that creative side as well.

I think Coral had the first strike upon Robbie's character when she had him blow up Matilda. That took away the inventive side of him.

Then the next episodes were quite dark, what with Tasha's secrets and Sarah's gun and that toomk away the fun part.

I think Dan Bennett had tried to transplant some of this back in, with stuff like the Donut's and the upcoming nudist camp storyline, but rather than looking like the original Robbie, who would have grown old by now, but that's a different thing, he's made him look like a dull character who is obsessed by Tasha getting himself into comic set-pieces.

Ryan, i know this is chessey thing to say you, but i totally agree with you, I liked the geeky side of Robbie.

Robbie's inventuraurs side was something new and fresh, but that all dissappeared at some point.

Archived