Bec/Ella swap

Guest Bungle

Does anyone know why they have left it so long between Bec Cartwright leaving and Ella starting as Hayley. Leaving it a week isn't going to make us forget that its a different actress playing her so it seems a bit pointless especially as it is a quite important storyline they are in the middle of.

Are they just going to keep saying Hayley is in hospital and we won't see her?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Hayley doesn't actually leave?

Oooh, now I understand. I thought Hayley had left to go somewhere, then return with Ella playing her.

I geddit now.

Looking forward to seeing if Ella's portrayel of Hayley is different from Bec's.

Leaving it a week isn't going to make us forget that its a different actress playing her so it seems a bit pointless especially as it is a quite important storyline they are in the middle of.

Remember that Hayley decided to leave because of the pregnancy at pretty short notice. The casting directors then had to find a suitable replacement, have her learn her lines and integrate with the rest of the cash.

It is noticable that other short term replacements such as Mitch and Ailsa, both which were brought on by medical conditions of a sort did not immediately bring in a replacement.

Flynn it could be argued was another example of this.

Archived