Home And Away on RTE

Guest alicepearlpilot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that RTE are doing a fine job with the show. I mean we don't get any edits and I am delighted about that.

The one thing I don't agree with is the fact that they always take it off the air when something else is being broadcasted. They don't seem to do it with other shows.

Yeah! Up the Irish! :)

I'm very happy that Home and Away is being shown on RTE aswell. They do a great job, although they should have promos for it!

I also thin that TV3 would do a great job with it if they had it! They always promote all there shows.

Well hope all my Irish BTTB'er's are well.

~Irish Fan (Ben) :wink:

It was great that they got back to it so soon. They even showed Neighbours too. Uusally we wouldn't get it back on screen till maybe the second week in January.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slightly OT, but:

Am I right in thinking RTE are at the same stage in the storyline (with Neighbours) as the BBC? Do they always drop episodes on the same days as the BBC does?

Since 1989 RTE has been at least a few months ahead of UK screenings of the show. In fact at one point they were even ahead of Australia by one day for a few weeks!

When ITV stopped showing H&A the gap increased still further and RTE developed the habit of taking the show off regularly at Easter, Christmas, for sport and for the entire month of August.

Due to C5's relentless transmission 5 times a week 52 weeks a year, the gap started to close again and about 2 months ago, for the first time ever, the UK received an edition of H&A 2 days before Ireland.

This remains the situation at the moment thought I prefer to stick with RTE screenings to ensure no edits etc.

I doubt RTE will ever be in front again and as sporting events occur throughout 2006 I expect the gap to widen in C5's favour. I would expect that as they get further behind the audience will fall accordingly as many Irish can get C5 and could switch to C% transmissions.

Maybe its time for a few 1hr specials to put RTE ahead again?

RTE has a special agreeemnt with the BBC that they show Neighbours on the same day therefore if BBC takes a break, RTE are compelled to take the same break. This also applies to Corrie, Eastenders and Emmerdale screenings on RTE/TV3.

Hope this all makes sense and was of interest!

i like the rte i watch home and away on both channel 5 and rte

last week i was looking at the rating for home and away on RTE and h&a was in the top 10 about 4 times (in 1 week)

RTE and TV3 are brillent i don't now what i would do without them i wouldn't get any of my favourite shows. i love the fact that they do all the aus shows.

oh and about channel 5 taking over from RTE i think that is why we got it all over christmas as they did not want to get to far behind channel 5

Archived