The Bateman's Arrive In Summer Bay

Homeandawayfan.

• 2 weeks later...

CONTINUED...

EXT, SUMMER BAY BEACH, NIGHT TIME.

It is dusk and the moonlight is out. The diner has just shut but the security lights of the diner, pier and surf club light up the beach a bit. Alf and Jimmy are chatting and walking along.

JIMMY I may invite my son to Summer Bay tomorrow, show him around. As my PTSD flares up from time to time, he helps look after me.

ALF Has he not ever been into a relationship?

JIMMY He has had a few but is happy being single. Since Elizabeth left me he has helped. I even have ended up in a psychiatric ward. The events of 50 years ago will never go away completely. I am on medication.

ALF Meds help but never get rid of the thoughts completely. Our whole body is controlled by the brain. Although Summer Bay itself can be enough to drive people to the brink, the Braxton, Barrett and Ashford lot were a river gang. They still have connections to Summer Bay.

Suddenly there is an almighty smash of a window coming from the diner. A silhouette of 2 lads can be seen running off into the night. Alf and Jimmy give chase. Jimmy is fitter than Alf and manages to run quicker. At 70 he still is quite a sprinter. The lads run towards the surf club. Jimmy manages to catch up with one of them. He pulls the balaclava off and it is Brett Hubbard, the lad who was annoying Irene earlier.

JIMMY You are in big trouble matey.

Brett's friend runs off into the darkness. Jimmy pins Brett down to the floor on his back, Brett tries to fight him off by then Brett's mate is long gone.

BRETT Get off me you stupid, demented old man.

Jimmy punches Brett a few times. Alf comes along and pulls Jimmy off Brett. Brett is writhing in pain, he has blood coming from his nose. Conveniently Katrina Chapman is nearby and had heard the smash.

KAT What is going on here?

ALF I just caught this drongo and his mate smashing up the diner.

KAT Why is his nose bleeding?

JIMMY I hit him.

KAT You can pin them down but you cannot hit him. That is assault sir.

To be continued........

5 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Good stuff.

I can see Bruce Kilpatrick reprising some of Bob Landers in that scene.

I have a vision of Bruce's role in H&A as Jimmy Bateman as both Bob Landers and Gavin McKinley, his first Neighbours role. Gavin was tall and sinister looking, same as Jimmy but Jimmy is not villainous like Gavin, as Gav tried to kidnap his real son Bradley Townsend, who was staying with Des Clarke.

13 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I have a vision of Bruce's role in H&A as Jimmy Bateman as both Bob Landers and Gavin McKinley, his first Neighbours role. Gavin was tall and sinister looking, same as Jimmy but Jimmy is not villainous like Gavin, as Gav tried to kidnap his real son Bradley Townsend, who was staying with Des Clarke.

One thing he has in common with Bob is at some point, they've both shot someone!

• 4 weeks later...

That's the trouble when writing a fanfic set in the future as Kat has recently resigned from the police force. I like the fanfic to feel like a proper H&A episode. Oh well, use a bit of poetic licence.

continued.....

JIMMY I did not mean to go that far.

ALF He was apprehending a robber who was trashing the Diner.

KAT (To Brett) What is your name sir?

BRETT Brett Hubbard.

KAT Brett Hubbard I am arresting you for criminal damage. You do not have to say anything unless you wish to do so but whatever you do say may be given in evidence, something you later rely on in court.

She handcuffs him.

JIMMY Will you arrest me?

KAT No, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt but do not ever hit anyone when making a citizens arrest. Just hold them but never violence. But thanks for apprehending him. You will be asked for a statement but you can do that in the morning.

Kate takes a handcuffed Brett away.

JIMMY Sorry I never meant to hit him, just my PTSD gets to me a lot.

ALF Good on yer though. Some of these flamin galahs need a slap. You cannot reason with some people. Lets go to Summer Bay House for a beer.

JIMMY Thanks.

INT, YABBIE CREEK POLICE STATION. NIGHT TIME.

Brett is being interviewed by Kat.

KAT So why did you smash up the Diner?

BRETT Well we were having a laugh the other day and were told off. By the old auburn haired crow behind the counter and a crazy pensioner ex squaddie.

KAT Diners are for relaxing meals and drinks, not playgrounds. Customers have a right to eat and drink in peace and quiet. You have a bit of a reputation round her don't you Mr Hubbard? Even links to the Braxtons and Andy Barrett, a man who is on the run and wanted.

BRETT Yeah but I am not as bad as them, they have been into drug wars and all such.

To be continued......