Mia Rebecca Hewett

Guest ILuvRobbie

I do like the name but think it's a bit strange she made her name the baby's middle name.

Thats actually quite a common thing to do. My brother and I both have our parents names as our middles names, as do a lot of my friends. It's a nice way to carry a family name down through generations.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, my middle name is Jane, but nobody in my family is called Jane.

It's funny though, Jane seems to be a really common middle name here, but not a very common first name. I've only ever met 2 Janes, but when I was at school I knew at least 4 other people with Jane as their middle name. Most people I knew with Jane as their middle name had first names ending in 'a', like Laura Jane, Emma Jane, Sarah Jane (I'll count Sarah because the 'h' is silent) and Nicola Jane (that's me).

My mam's name wouldn't have worked, nor would my grandma's name, Nicola Julie and Nicola Mary just sound silly! :lol:

Thats actually quite a common thing to do. My brother and I both have our parents names as our middles names, as do a lot of my friends. It's a nice way to carry a family name down through generations.

Thats like me...well sort of. My middle name is Grandfathers name, and my brothers is our uncles. My first name was my fathers mothers family name before she married, and my brothers first name was my mothers mums surname before she married.

I hope I didn't confuse you all then. :P

Archived