Laurie Foell in TVQuick

Guest claire_louise

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fusion Feast

Home and Away's Laurie Foell, 37, who plays Josie Russell, loves an exotic blend of French and Oriental foods.

What's your favourite food?

For pigging out, I love cheese - anything creamy, or a good cheddar. I've eaten a whole cheese by myself before! They make great cheeses in Australia.

Did you eat well as a child?

I was a bit picky, like all kids, but Mum and Dad made us eat everything on our plate. Now I love all the stuff I hated as a kid.

Did you have school dinners?

We don't really have school dinners in Australia. We had a tuck shop where you could buy doughnuts and salad rolls, but mostly you took your own lunch. Mum's were hopeless, but my best friend had the best lunches at school - I was so jealous.

Do you come from a family of good cooks?

My mum is a good cook, but she's not very adventurous. My dad is French, so Mum does a lot of French provincial cooking. She knew how to snare her man!

Who cooks in your house now?

Richard, my fiance, cooks more than me, because he does it so well. I'm a very boring cook - I do the same things all the time.

Do you have a speciality?

My beed bourguignon, which I do in my electric wok, on a low heat for about four hours. If you do it the day before, it's even better, but I'm never that organised.

Do you like international cuisine?

I love French-Vietnamese food. One of my favourite restaurants in Sydney serves veal casserole - that's the French bit - with lemon grass and Vietnamese vegetables. I also tried Nepalese food recently, which was beautiful - like a cross between Indian and Chinese.

What's the most unusual thing you've ever tasted?

Probably tripe, as a kid, which I hated. It's popular in France, so my dad used to cook it.

What's the worst meal you've ever had?

A horrible barbecue a while back, where everything was burnt. But it was at a friend of mine's house, so I had to pretend it was ok!

What's your favourite restaurant?

A Thai fusion restaurant in Sydney called Longrain. They serve you these amazing cocktails while you're waiting for your table. We always have vodka limes. They also have lovely appetisers, like caviar and betel leaf, and they're famous for their caramelised pork.

What's the most romantic meal you've ever had?

It was when Richard took me away for a weekend for my birthday. We rented a little cottage, and these girls who ran a catering company cooked us a great meal. They delivered it to us and we ate outside on our balcony, with some lovely wine.

What's your idea of a perfect dinner in front of the TV?

Preferably one that I don't have to cook myself! We've got a great Thai takeaway near to where we live. Otherwise, I do love a good pizza.

Having met her, I would say she totally *is* a fantastic person. I know it's terribly pre-teen to publicly gush about an actress, but she was *lovely*, warm and genuine and really down to earth... and also funny. She's even more beautiful in real life too. I could tell she really puts her heart into the work she does, and I have nothing but admiration for her. :D

And now I'll stop. :P

Having met her, I would say she totally *is* a fantastic person. I know it's terribly pre-teen to publicly gush about an actress, but she was *lovely*, warm and genuine and really down to earth... and also funny. She's even more beautiful in real life too. I could tell she really puts her heart into the work she does, and I have nothing but admiration for her.  :D

And now I'll stop.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: No need to stop, you have to give the Peter groupies some competition in the gushing stakes. :P:lol:

PS, If any one starts a thread on Paris I will gush and gush and gush, LOL, sigh, LOL.

Archived