Kip 'can't wait' to meet YOU

Guest Andy

Kip `can't wait' to meet YOU

17 November 2005

Newsquest Media Group Newspapers

An Aussie soap star `can't wait' to get to Halesowen to wow the crowds when the town's Christmas lights are switched on this weekend.

Home and Away hunk Kip Gamblin,pictured above, who plays Scott Hunter, will be the star attraction at a day of festive activities in the town this Saturday (November 19).

Kip, who appeared in Moulin Rouge, will be in Somers Square from 3pm to 4pm and at 4.30pm to meet fans and sign autographs before he switches the lights on at 5.15pm. Other highlights will include fairground rides which will be available throughout the day.

The 30-year-old actor said: "I can't wait to get up there and meet everyone and bring a bit of Summer Bay to the people in Halesowen.

"I've moved over to the UK now and it's very exciting to be here. I would like to appear in the West End, or in films or maybe in an English soap but I will still be in Home and Away until next February.

"I really want to keep working as an actor."

HALESOWEN: Home and Away star to light up town

Birmingham Mail

15 November 2005

HALESOWEN town centre is set to sparkle as exciting festive plans are revealed for this year's big Christmas light switch on.

Halesowen Chamber of Trade will be hosting a full day of festive entertainment for visitors and shoppers on Saturday.

Home and Away TV star Kip Gamblin, who plays Scott in the hit Australian soap, will also be in town to switch on the lights.

BRMB kick-off the fun at noon, providing music and gifts including cookies, mince pies and chocolates donated by retailers. A children's face painter will be at Cornbow Shopping Centre and there will be fairground rides all day.

Kip will be in Somers Square from 3pm to 4pm and at 4.30pm to meet fans and sign autographs before the switch on at 5.15pm, to be accompanied by fireworks.

Councillor Les Jones, cabinet member for economic regeneration, said: "The Christmas lights switch on is always very popular and as usual this year's celebrations offer something for everyone."

This year's display was boosted by a one-off grant of £6,000 from the council's Halesowen area committee in addition to the £5,000 the local authority contributes annually.

For details, contact either Halesowen Chamber of Trade on 0121 585 5495 or town centre management on 01384 815708

So obviously Scott and Hayley leave in the last episiode, not next year like some people have said.  Unless Scott dies in the freak storm Summer Bay has, as they drive out....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, many episode for the 2006 season would of been filmed already I presume.

To give you an idea of how far ahead things are scripted...

This was published in November 2003, 9 months before the Olympic Cliffhanger of 2004.

Sons and Daughters (1982)

Take four of your most popular characters, trap them in a room with a mad gunman ... and hear four shots ring out. Don't reveal what happened until the next season. Result: endless workplace discussion. Bevan Lee, the show's head writer, has just written a similar story in one of Seven's current series. "Good things are worth recycling."

: :) HI TO EVERYONE AT BACKTOTHEBAY.NET GROUP I AM GOING UP TO DUDLEY TO SEE KIP TURN ON THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS THERE THIS SATURDAY, GHOPE TO SEE OTHER FANS THERE. I THOUGHT THE STALKER STORYLINE WAS GREAT AND MADE WATCHING HOME AND AWAY AGAIN WATCHABLE. STILL MISS NORMAN COBURN BUT LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING HIS NEXT APPEARANCE REAL SOON WHICH WILL CONCEDE WITH ALF HAVING HIS 60TH BIRTHDAY.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived