Uk breaks

Guest Jessica

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The aussie bumper isnt that put on there by home and away or does seven do that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Aussie break-bumpers are 'hard-copied' onto the tapes. Five take less breaks than Oz and usually at a different point in the show. They also like to use 'Five'- branded bumpers using their own font rather than the font used in the show's titles and graphics.

The aussie bumper isnt that put on there by home and away or does seven do that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Aussie break-bumpers are 'hard-copied' onto the tapes. Five take less breaks than Oz and usually at a different point in the show. They also like to use 'Five'- branded bumpers using their own font rather than the font used in the show's titles and graphics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that answers his question :P

I quite like the Five bumbers. The thing I don't like about the H&A bumpers being "hard copied" is that when they are inevitably cut out by Five, we lose the ends of underscores/songs which specifically placed to end/fade out over the bumpers. :angry: They could at least replace them with blackouts or even stock shots of the next location. Maybe that's too much work though.

I quite like the Five bumbers. The thing I don't like about the H&A bumpers being "hard copied" is that when they are inevitably cut out by Five, we lose the ends of underscores/songs which specifically placed to end/fade out over the bumpers.  :angry: They could at least replace them with blackouts or even stock shots of the next location. Maybe that's too much work though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never actually thought that Five cut out the Aussie bumpers. I thought that they were only hard copied in for Seven, and that Five got a different copy without the bumpers. Something like what Grundy do with Neighbours for the BBC. They get a different copy that doesn't contain the Neighbours logo, that appears before the fade outs. I'm pretty sure that this is what happens, as there was an episode a couple of weeks back, that contained all the fade outs, meaning that Five don't get the same copy as Seven.

^^ Don't think so Ben Fan. The fade-outs were NOT natural ones on that episode; Five just chose to fade out of those scenes before the break-bumper would have appeared, rather than using a straight cut or cross-fade to the next scene. Looked better in my opinion.

Ah, okay Si. One more question: if that's true, then why did Five choose to fade out on those scenes when they don't normally? And I agree, the fade outs looked better than just sharply jumping to the next scene.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At a guess, it was because the action both sides of the 'break' involved the same characters and/or locations, but some time had passed (so a normal 'jump cut' would have looked odd or confusing). Or maybe it was just down to whoever edited that episode (ie. at Five) deciding to try something different.

Archived