Nicodemou out of step with rhythm

Guest Andy

Nicodemou out of step with rhythm

14 August 2005

Herald Sun

HOME and Away's Ada Nicodemou is wondering what she has got herself into.

Nicodemou, who plays Leah on the long running soap, has signed on for the third series of Channel 7's ratings winner Dancing With The Stars.

But things aren't going quite as she planned.

"I loved dancing growing up," Nicodemou said.

"I danced when I was young, so I did not think I would be this bad.

"I am coming to the realisation that I am uncoordinated.

"I honestly did not think it would be this hard. It turns out you need rhythm.

"I am just going to have to throw out everything I have ever learned and start again. It is all about technique."

The uncoordinated soapie star joins Ian "Dicko" Dickson as a celebrity dancer on the hit show.

While Seven refuses to comment on the identity of other dancers, it is believed swimming legend Dawn Fraser, Collingwood's Brodie Holland, ironman Ky Hurst, Bollywood actor Tania Zaetta, singer David Campbell and former Sale of the Century co-host Nicky Buckley have been practising their moves.

Nicodemou revealed she originally declined to join the show when asked in May.

"But people just kept dropping hints and asking me about it around the station," she said.

"Then I was overseas in London and I got a call. You know when you are on holidays, sometimes you do things you would not normally do?"

Nicodemou said she was going to turn to close friend and DWTS series one winner Bec Cartwright, for whom she was a bridesmaid, for some tips.

Archived