Pregnant Bec sick on set

Guest jessica_r

Pregnant Bec sick on set

May 9, 2005

Daily Telgraph

EXPECTANT mum Bec Cartwright is suffering from severe morning sickness and has been ill on the set of Home and Away.

"I've been suffering not just morning sickness but all day sickness which isn't fun when you have to go to work and be as perky as Hayley," she tells New Idea.

"Also, to keep it a secret for the first three months I've tried to be as normal as possible so no one catches on," she says.

She initially thought it was a stomach bug, caught from her sister when the sickness came on.

"But then I started getting suspicious and I found out that this bug was going to stick around a little longer."

Cartwright said she and fiance Lleyton Hewitt were awaiting furniture to be delivered to their new $4.5million Palm Beach palace and would now have to order more to fit out a nursery for the child, due in October.

"When we walked through the house our parents were joking around and said: 'Oh this room could be the nursery,' but we didn't even know then," she said.

She also gone off her favourite food -- chocolate -- and is craving garlic bread, garlic pizza and apples.

"And I can't stand the smell of coffee," she says.

She said she expected people to think "they do things quickly" but the couple were taking parenthood very seriously.

According to Lleyton, family comes before tennis but we won't be losing him from the spotlight.

"I'll be playing as many tournaments as I can next year and trying to keep my ranking in the top couple in the world," he told the magazine.

Bec reveals pregnancy is causing all-day sickness

The Advertiser

9 May 2005

BEC Cartwright and Lleyton Hewitt sure have been busy.

They are still waiting for furniture to be delivered to their new $4.5 million beachside home in Sydney and now they have to make more orders to fit out the nursery.

In an interview in the latest edition of New Idea magazine, Home and Away star Bec reveals more details on her pregnancy, divulged by The Advertiser on Saturday.

In the magazine interview, she admits some of the side effects of pregnancy are that she's gone off her favourite food - chocolate.

Riveting stuff.

Bec also says she expects people to jump on the "they do things quickly" bandwagon after the announcement.

Of course, she's in the middle of the morning sickness period but for Bec it's all-day sickness.

She initially thought it was a stomach bug when the sickness came on.

It's this vague, pregnant feeling she blames for her tongue-tied moment during an interview with Eddie McGuire at the Logies a week ago.

Due in October, the baby will arrive around the same time Bec's contract will be up on Home and Away, so some sort of hiatus from the show seems likely.

According to Lleyton, family comes before tennis but we won't be losing him from the spotlight. "I'll be playing as many tournaments as I can next year and trying to keep my ranking in the top couple in the world," he told the magazine.

Oh dear, I now have visions of Bec throwing up all over the Diner!  :confused:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Si I think were getting :puke: of hearing her Now :offtopic: , I wish them all the luck in the world but Iv'e had enough.But thing's are gonna get worse when they've had the baby. :unsure:

Archived