Tammin Hooked For Bad Girl Role In Fishy Comedy

Guest Andy

Tammin hooked for bad girl role in fishy comedy

The Courier-Mail

21 April 2005

SOAPIE starlet Tammin Sursok will make her US film debut playing a bitchy bad girl in Aquamarine, a romantic comedy currently being filmed on the Gold Coast.

"I always get cast as the bad girl, I don't know why," Sursok said.

"But it's always good to play someone completely different from yourself." The plot follows the story of a mermaid who falls in love with a lifeguard, and enlists the help of two girls to win his heart.

In the film, Sursok plays one of three girls in a "rat pack" who set out to destroy the mermaid's chance of getting her man.

It's the first feature film for the former Home and Away actress, who is also about to release a pop single in the UK. Yesterday the crew filmed on location in sand dunes at The Spit.

Also on the set yesterday was comedian Shaun Micallef, who has been cast as a TV weatherman in Aquamarine -- his fourth big screen production, and his first role in a US film.

His most recent role in an Australian movie was alongside Jimeoin in The Extra, which opens in cinemas today. Micallef said the tedious pace of filming was a change from his preferred medium, small-screen sketch shows.

"It's all sitting around and waiting. I used to be in the legal profession, and that's all sitting around and waiting as well," said Micallef, a former barrister.

After a disappointing stint with Channel 9, Micallef has returned to the ABC, where he originally won fans with his rapid-fire wit and stunningly clever sketches on The Micallef Programme.

He is working on a comedy show alongside former radio host Tony Martin, which he said would have a similar style.

The film role comes after several weeks of stage comedy in Western Australia, where Micallef returned to his roots, stand-up comedy, for a brief season. "Even though most of my stuff has been filmed in front of a live audience, there's something different about a theatre audience who have paid to come and watch you. I found to my surprise that I could still elicit a laugh," he said.

Directors of Aquamarine chose the Gold Coast as the backdrop for the film because it mimics vistas of Miami in Florida, where the story is set.

''I always get cast as the bad girl,I don't know why?'' said Tammin.

When was she cast as a bad girl ...certainly not in Home and Away ...she was cast as a princess weepy role. Don't remember any bad girl stuff!!!

''I always get cast as the bad girl,I don't know why?'' said Tammin.

When was she cast as a bad girl ...certainly not in Home and Away ...she was cast as a princess weepy role. Don't remember any bad girl stuff!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She did play a girl who was very difficult to love and played it very well!!

Archived