Guest returns that you would have preferred to not happen

j.laur5

There's so many characters whose return in a guest role has seemed pointless or has ruined the character.

1991 - Frank Morgan- I didn't like his return to try and win Bobby back as it seemed to cheapen his character.

1999 - Adam Cameron - I thought his return seemed pointless. 

2007 - Donald Fisher - I didn' like how they made him in his 2007 guest appearance.

2009 - Pippa Ross - it felt like Debra Lawrence was only brought in to finish off Lynne McGranger's scenes as all Pippa did was Irene's housework, shift work at the diner, and looked after Irene's foster children. Also some of her scenes were cut.

2010 /2011 - Will and Gypsy - Ruined their characters and their happy ending.

2016/2017 - Heath and Bianca - I know it was to tie in with the Revenge and All or Nothing specials but it seemed pointless. If they wanted a Braxton to return it should have been Kyle to fix his negative exit. 

2019 - Jett - Was it really necessary to bring him back as it just seemed a plot device to give John and Marilyn a storyline. 

Chloe's 2005 return is the big one for me - bringing her back just to kill her off was the final straw for me giving up watching the show for many years. My interest had been waning for a few years by that point, but this was unforgivable. I initially thought that the purpose of her death would be to give Sally and Flynn another foster child (a younger one at that too!), but Olivia was just whisked away and Jesse went to prison and it was never mentioned again. I was never a Jesse fan, but even he deserved better than that. I also wonder if perhaps Kristy Wright may have been open to a more permanent return down the line too (she'd have made a great Sally replacement in 2008!). 

Others: 

Fisher's 2007 return - I tuned in especially to see him, since he is one of my all-time faves, and was disappointed by it. 

Sally in 2013. I know officially Kate Ritchie was back for the 25th anniversary, but the storyline was random and I don't know why the writers gave little Pippa that incurable disease? Hasn't Sally been through enough? 

Celia's most recent return was pretty awful too. 

On 29/09/2019 at 02:44, adam436 said:

Chloe's 2005 return is the big one for me - bringing her back just to kill her off was the final straw for me giving up watching the show for many years. My interest had been waning for a few years by that point, but this was unforgivable. I initially thought that the purpose of her death would be to give Sally and Flynn another foster child (a younger one at that too!), but Olivia was just whisked away and Jesse went to prison and it was never mentioned again. I was never a Jesse fan, but even he deserved better than that. I also wonder if perhaps Kristy Wright may have been open to a more permanent return down the line too (she'd have made a great Sally replacement in 2008!). 

Others: 

Fisher's 2007 return - I tuned in especially to see him, since he is one of my all-time faves, and was disappointed by it. 

Sally in 2013. I know officially Kate Ritchie was back for the 25th anniversary, but the storyline was random and I don't know why the writers gave little Pippa that incurable disease? Hasn't Sally been through enough? 

Celia's most recent return was pretty awful too. 

I was tempted to include Sally but I enjoyed her return and the tension between Sally and Ruth. 

It was interesting to see Celia as a changed person and Celia being a lot more nasty, with Morag being on the opposite side and putting Celia's rudeness in line. 

I love that quote when Morag said to Celia that was rude Celia even for you, and Celia snaps saying you can be rude too and Morag said maybe I did once but I learn to keep my opinions to myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived