Joel and Judith

adam436

What was the point of Joel and Judith? 

Was it simply just to give the characters something to fill the time until the actors' contracts expired? They never shared any/many scenes prior to that and had no real chemistry, then randomly they just started dating. Then Natalie returned after the landslide to visit Joel and he just ditched Judith to move away with her. Then Judith left herself a few weeks later. 

I never understood what the point of splitting Joel and Natalie up either. Surely the producers knew David Woodley would have been leaving quite early on (presumably the Nashes and a few others were axed in favour of the Sutherlands), that they could have simply written Natalie out with Joel to follow her a few months later. Or even let Joel go early and have him and Natalie leave together?

Was Judith Axed as well?. 

I wad under inperrsion that PTB were choseing beetween Colleen and Judith and since Colleen had more history connection she won out and with Edward gone and Judith having no more children and Donald could return as principal it made Judith with not much purpose left. 

21 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Was Judith Axed as well?. I wad under inperrsion that PTB were choseing beetween Colleen and Judith and since Colleen had more history connection she won out and with Edward gone and Judith having no more children and Donald could return as principal it made Judith with not much purpose left. 

Pretty much sums up why I assumed Judith was axed - apart from choosing between Colleen and Judith. They served completely different purposes. I wasn't a big fan of Colleen's either, but she gave us frequent cameos from Lance for a number of years. 

If anything, I think Judy Nunn quitting would have "saved" Colleen.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived