Jennifer Dutton - Brittany Santariga

I like her she's being developed nicely. She's gone from being a bully to being nicer in the teen group, but would not call her Coco and Raffy friend at this stage. Really interested to get into her back story, a few things have been subtly dropped like how she was first to work out Coco's eating disorder and used it to continue to bully and blackmail her. Can't remember clearly now but did she hint at maybe being abused or something at Coco's glow day event? The way she kinda clinged to VJ and Hunter and accused Mason of sexual harassment (all older men too). I think she may have been sexually abused at some point in her life, but would they go there again when we've had Olivia, Irene and Billie all go through sexual assault storylines fairly recently?

I agree with you, I couldn't stand her when she came in as the bully but as you say she's being developed nicely i really like her character now, there does seem to be a certain vulnerability to her character and I think Brittany portrays that quite well when it has been touched on you really get a sense that she's maybe a little lost and vulnerable, quite clearly something has happened to her in the past which Im looking forward to the writers exploring. 

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

I've heard rumours hunter leaves with her?

If so i hope she doesn't return out of the blue n leave with him, she is still living in summer bay it isn't hard to have her involved from a writers point of view, other then the mason thing, i have found her likeable and if she calmed down a bit and sorted stuff with hunter they'd be good as i think she'd need a reliable person to help her vulnerability.  plot twist her dad abused her so she ws scared to say and clinged to hunter and tried to stay to keep away why dad kept away as thought she would have told them. Wanted hunters attention so much to take her mind of it etc. Truth comes out and she can move on n forward 

As I said in my original post I feel there is more to her and her backstory and that maybe she has been abused. I'd like her to come back as a regular, maybe a new foster child for John and Maz. I feel fostering works better when they have 2 or more charges cause the kids bounce off each other and open things up for more storylines like they can cover for each other or fight that kinds stuff. Jennifer and Raffy as foster sisters would be an interesting dynamic though in that teen group needs another male not female.

On 13/03/2018 at 17:42, Gazza said:

I agree with you, I couldn't stand her when she came in as the bully but as you say she's being developed nicely i really like her character now, there does seem to be a certain vulnerability to her character and I think Brittany portrays that quite well when it has been touched on you really get a sense that she's maybe a little lost and vulnerable, quite clearly something has happened to her in the past which Im looking forward to the writers exploring. 

Lol, story of all the bullies turned nice characters :P I wanted to rip of Andy’s eyes when he first appeared because he annoyed me so much but I ended up liking him a lot :)

On 25/05/2018 at 07:45, project90 said:

As I said in my original post I feel there is more to her and her backstory and that maybe she has been abused. I'd like her to come back as a regular, maybe a new foster child for John and Maz. I feel fostering works better when they have 2 or more charges cause the kids bounce off each other and open things up for more storylines like they can cover for each other or fight that kinds stuff. Jennifer and Raffy as foster sisters would be an interesting dynamic though in that teen group needs another male not female.

How would that work seeing as she lives with her father Nick Dutton?