Neighbours could be in trouble

Skylover

2 hours ago, Luke39 said:

This is for UK distribution right? Does it effect Australian broadcast? Sorry if I come across ignorant. 

Considering that the UK the show biggest market I say i have an impact!

I have mixed feelings about this yet when all you hear is bashing of the current new characters and the plots if I was the show I be worried.

Things need to change quick

3 hours ago, Luke39 said:

This is for UK distribution right? Does it effect Australian broadcast? Sorry if I come across ignorant. 

Basically if no UK channel airs the show, it will end altogether!! So please please everyone sign the petition! It's already at 9,000 signatures.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, Skylover said:

Basically if no UK channel airs the show, it will end altogether!! So please please everyone sign the petition! It's already at 9,000 signatures.

Well if what I hear that we Americans  have a say in the decision I feel sorry for you there!

Do i think the show can improve in the future yes? I do think its value to Melbourne Tourism as H&A is to NSW. will be factored in to any decision.

As for storylines. Its a mix from posts online. some love the show and others are upset.

Let make it clear the old days are not coming back. H&A got a better advantage with PR. I read people wished Neighbours was gone. If they do what will they replace it with! Reality crap! we have enough of that now. Yet as I was told the UK market holds the future of the show as that is its main fan base now.

I do think its got an advantage as its been able to keep older cast that seems devoted and wants to stay until the end which is great. Yet as someone in Sydney once told me "Nothing last forever" I agree with her yet I think this show like H&A does have a feeling among its fans and being a Trek fan I can understand and relate.

That doesn't mean I have no complaints against the show. SPOILER Once my source talked to one of the cast a few years ago when I had access  and No one like when people leave it hurts the show. Yet  some actors move on as they want better things in life like a big name in the USA like Margot Robbie. This story makes me sad and upset at the show as the one actor was told he was going to be wrote out and he BEGGED them to let him stay and they made him pack his bags and leave the street like many others. That I cannot forgive them for. doing him like that.

Plus they ruined many other storylines I rather had them killed off one of favorite characters rather than give them a bad story! Im not happy how they handled some. Libby and Dan was supposed to been the show IT couple at one time yet things sadly happen and they gone. They took a great guest in Dan ex and turned her bad which Is another complaint I never forgive them for. Which leads to another rant which is actors and the show tease about "Oh never say never " we be back one day? Well when you hear "inside"  Information why people leave you dont want to ask them back!

I agree with my ex source that breaking up the Kennedy's was a big mistake Im sure fans would loved to see the old day with Libby and Steph. Dan deserved better. and had things been better which I cant talk about with Carla there, Having both come back would added some drama to the show. I really not into Steph as other fans as I didn't like how she been done over the last few years. I feel she was wrong with the Trial and although I understand why Sam did it both were to blame. There no angels there. bad writers ruined what could been.

I do feel sorry for the People there having NOT only the USA but other aussie shows trying to take your people, SPOLIER when PACKED TO THE RAFTERS started they begged a neighbour to come to Sydney and work full time ( and posting thier name at the time on a forum cost me a freind and source of 6 years, I paid for that as they have went after leaks now)  and they didn't want to relocate which is OK that happens alot in the business here in America actors turn down roles because they do not want to move because  family or where they are at. Which is their right,

90% of the cast have been good to me and friendly yet that was years ago I cant speak for the new people who have joined since 2012. Do I have a favorite now. No I do thank those who been nice. as I heard from H&A some are very open and will treat you like a mate. I did have one bad experiance as I talked to someone online who was in the know with one of the cast and told me to Find another hero which I can not print my response as its not nice. I dislike that person even though my other source claimed she wasn't related to them  yet if she didn't she confirmed alot of inside info I had at the time.

I feel so sorry for the new people being bashed. Some of the girls I doubt resents being called a Hottie which one former neighbours was which is why they no longer around. Yet one person Villain another hero.

My advice to the show would be to take someone like Xanthe and give her a medical career to help Karl at the hospital. That would be a nice plot to work on. Bring former people back like they done with Dee I feel will be a mistake in the long run. As I was told shows now want to cast new talent which the mate in Perth likes yet we do hold devotion to those we miss.

So I guess im in the middle, I know all things must end yet I feel sorry for good people who wants to be there as in fairness they HAVE tried to get good talent yet some think they too good for TV and soaps!

https://www.change.org/p/channel-5-keep-neighbours-on-uk-tv?recruiter=697638380&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

Over 20,000 people have signed the petition to save Neighbours, please sign if you haven't already and share on Facebook/Twitter etc so people are aware of the petition.

Many thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Read on Facebook they signed a 5 year deal which means more work for the neighbours

I have mixed feelings about it I happy for some fans and the cast yet like H&A and others a BLUE HEELERS will happen one day and it end. I think both have a open tours helps,

Archived