Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Guest xGlowingAngelx

Yes.....

It's THATTTT time of year again. :D

Strictly Come Dancing is BACK!

Series 11 returns, once again, with a Red Carpet/Launch Show, which will air on BBC1 on Saturday 7th September at 6:50pm.

For the first time ever, this year will see 15 celebrities battle it out for the Glitterball Trophy.

The celebrity line up will be announced every day between now and Monday, when the entire line up will be announced on The One Show.

The Line Up (As it's confirmed):

Vanessa Feltz, 51. (TV Personality, Broadcaster and Journalist)

Rachel Riley, 27. (TV Presenter)

Abbey Clancy, 27. (Model & TV Presenter)

Deborah Meaden, 54. (Star of Dragon's Den)

Fiona Fullerton, 56. (Bond Girl & Author)

Natalie Gumede, 29. (Actress)

Sophie Ellis-Bextor, 34. (Pop Star)

Susanna Reid, 42. (Breakfast TV Presenter)

Tony Jacklin, 69. (Retired English Golfer)

Ashley Taylor Dawson, 31. (Actor)

Ben Cohen, 34. (Activist, former Rugby Player)

Dave Myers, 55. (TV Chef and Hairy Biker)

Julien Macdonald, 42. (Fashion Designer)

Mark Benton, 47. (Stage & Screen Actor)

Patrick Robinson, 49. (Actor)

...(I will update this list throughout the week).

With only 9 days until the Launch Show...... Am I the only one excited?! :D <3

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are definitely not the only excited one :D I love Strictly & can't wait for it to start again.

Not sure how I feel about Vanessa Feltz doing it as i'm really not a fan of the woman but I will reserve judgement until I see her dance that first night. Bet poor Anton gets dumped with her though :P

YAY! Love this time of year!

Haha. I'm not a fan of Vanessa at all, but she could end up being great. I just hope they don't pull the obvious "She's the shorter, larger, older contestant we can watch for comedic purposes" they pulled with Pamela and Lisa, especially not when we know by now that it doesn't matter what shape or size you are, you CAN be a genuine contender.

As for her pro partner..... I'm not sure who I want her with. At first I immediately thought of James, but I think it's just because Vanessa reminds me of Pamela. Pasha's probably due an older contestant most out of the male pros. After Chelsee & Kimberley, he needs a bit more of a challenge!. It's difficult to try pairing them up, with so many new pros this series.

Ahhh, I just can't wait for them all to be confirmed and for it to all kick in and start already.

The One Show confirmed tonight they'll reveal the first MALE celeb tomorrow night, so it's worth checking that out. (Not sure I can sit through another half hour of it. The things I have to do for SCD! :lol:)

Golfer Tony Jacklin has been confirmed.

BBC Breakfast presenter Susanna Reid has also been confirmed.

Tony's been added. :D When was Susanna confirmed? I know there's a picture of her in what appears to be a Strictly dress going around, but I haven't seen any official confirmation yet. Ohhhh! Exciting!

Golfer Tony Jacklin has been confirmed.

BBC Breakfast presenter Susanna Reid has also been confirmed.

Tony's been added. :D When was Susanna confirmed? I know there's a picture of her in what appears to be a Strictly dress going around, but I haven't seen any official confirmation yet. Ohhhh! Exciting!

I read it on Digital Spy on the Strictly news :)

Natalie Lowe is out of the competition after fracturing her foot, Aliona Vilani is back to replace her. This I don't mind as I always preferred Aliona to Natalie anyway :)

I'm really gutted, because Natalie's my favourite female pro. Whilst Aliona certainly grew on me over time, I can't say I'd have missed her too much. Quite surprised that A) she was invited back as the replacement and B) she agreed, given that she didn't exactly hold back when they let her go. It'll be interesting to see how far she gets and whether they plan to leave her on the pro list. Whatever happens, I hope Natalie makes a speedy, healthy recovery and can return next year.

Archived