Bec Breeds' CBS Pilot "We Are Men" has been picked up

Guest jldraw

Rebecca Breeds has tweeted that her pilot for CBS entitled "We Are Men" has been picked up by by the network. The series focuses on the adventures of a young guy finding camaraderie living among the more experienced guys he meets in a short-term rental complex.

Breeds will co star on the series among featured performers Kal Penn ("House MD") and Tony Shalhoub ("Wings", "Monk").

Sources (Breeds is mentioned by name in the second article):

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cbs-picks-up-crazy-ones-greg-garcia-mom-rob-greenberg-hostages-intelligence/

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/CBS-Orders-Chuck-Lorre-and-Robin-Williams-4506604.php

I wish her luck its been rough her in America on Aussie stars Best example was Neighbours Margot Robbie Pan Am.lasted only a few episodes.

Not everyone can reach the level a Nicole Kidman or Melissa George. Yet i wish the new arrivals good luck as your guest here and if they think the Australian TV market tough theres more actors here so any job is something to be proud of!

I wish her luck its been rough her in America on Aussie stars Best example was Neighbours Margot Robbie Pan Am.lasted only a few episodes.

Not everyone can reach the level a Nicole Kidman or Melissa George. Yet i wish the new arrivals good luck as your guest here and if they think the Australian TV market tough theres more actors here so any job is something to be proud of!

Yes it certainly does seem to be a season of Australian invasion with Phoebe Tonkin, Claire Holt, Luke Mitchell, Rebecca Breeds and Caitlin Stasey all getting green lights on their pilots. Unfortunately as I mentioned in another thread most of these pilots are associated with the CW Network which in the short term is a good deal for Aussie hopefuls as they usually give their series the longest leash out of all five major networks in the US, although perhaps counting the CW as being on the level of the other "fab four" might be a bit dubious.

The problem with the CW is as I mentioned earlier, is that they have had consistent trouble developing young talent. It seems they provide a safe landing spot for the Aussie hopefuls but do little to help elevate their stock. Of the three pilots green-lighted for the 2013-2014 season featuring Aussie talent, I'd expect "The Vampire Diaries" spin-off, "The Originals" (Holt, Tonkin) to be given a longer leash than the reboot of "The Tomorrow People" (Mitchell) or "Reign" (Stasey) although it was only last season where the highly touted "The Secret Circle" which also featured Phoebe Tonkin, lasted only one season before the ax fell. The CW as I mentioned is a bit of a boneyard anyhow.

More interesting (to me at least) is that Rebecca Breeds has been cast in a CBS pilot, a network with far better prospects than the fledgling CW. The flipside is of course, they have a much shorter leash than the CW when it comes to yanking new shows that don't return numbers. I'm hopeful that they at least give "We Are Men" a chance to develop some plotlines before beginning to put serious stock in it's returns.

PS: Margot Robbie seems to have landed on her feet alright. She recently completed a film with Leo DiCaprio and is also cast in Rachel McAdams' new flick "About Time". In addition I think the 2014-2015 season will also be rich with Aussie hopefuls with Ashleigh Cummings, Isabelle Cornish, Charlotte Best and possibly Rhiannon Fish all being part of the next wave of Aussie hopefuls to land in the states. It's a pity for shows like H&A though, as they just keep losing talent each year to Hollywood.

This is sooooooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME !!!!!!

Will be GREAT to see Bec again ....... as i've LOVED her in EVERYTING she;s done so far ......

the film NEWCASTLE, kids seires BLUE WATER HIGH and, of course, her SUBLIME performance as Ruby in a certain show we all know and love !!!!!

Yes it certainly does seem to be a season of Australian invasion with Phoebe Tonkin, Claire Holt, Luke Mitchell, Rebecca Breeds and Caitlin Stasey all getting green lights on their pilots. Unfortunately as I mentioned in another thread most of these pilots are associated with the CW Network which in the short term is a good deal for Aussie hopefuls as they usually give their series the longest leash out of all five major networks in the US, although perhaps counting the CW as being on the level of the other "fab four" might be a bit dubious.

The problem with the CW is as I mentioned earlier, is that they have had consistent trouble developing young talent. It seems they provide a safe landing spot for the Aussie hopefuls but do little to help elevate their stock. Of the three pilots green-lighted for the 2013-2014 season featuring Aussie talent, I'd expect "The Vampire Diaries" spin-off, "The Originals" (Holt, Tonkin) to be given a longer leash than the reboot of "The Tomorrow People" (Mitchell) or "Reign" (Stasey) although it was only last season where the highly touted "The Secret Circle" which also featured Phoebe Tonkin, lasted only one season before the ax fell. The CW as I mentioned is a bit of a boneyard anyhow.

More interesting (to me at least) is that Rebecca Breeds has been cast in a CBS pilot, a network with far better prospects than the fledgling CW. The flipside is of course, they have a much shorter leash than the CW when it comes to yanking new shows that don't return numbers. I'm hopeful that they at least give "We Are Men" a chance to develop some plotlines before beginning to put serious stock in it's returns.

PS: Margot Robbie seems to have landed on her feet alright. She recently completed a film with Leo DiCaprio and is also cast in Rachel McAdams' new flick "About Time". In addition I think the 2014-2015 season will also be rich with Aussie hopefuls with Ashleigh Cummings, Isabelle Cornish, Charlotte Best and possibly Rhiannon Fish all being part of the next wave of Aussie hopefuls to land in the states. It's a pity for shows like H&A though, as they just keep losing talent each year to Hollywood.

This is all really interesting. I was aware that the CW seemed to pilot a lot of shows but they tended to have very short runs, but I didn't know how this compared with the other networks. So hopefully with it being on CBS Bec has more a chance - ie. more than one season. It's also interesting how there are certain "waves", as you called it, of young Aussie actors getting job in US shows. Like Phoebe and Claire being in H2O together here in Australia, and then being cast alongside each other again. It'll be interesting to see if any of the others you've mentioned get cast in things together. With the growing number of Aussie actors in the States, the probability of it happening is going up!

I agree that being on a top network will help rather than a cable channel.

Series like H20 have aired here in the states on Teen channels so some of those fans should come over and support those actors in thier new roles.

I totally agree with you Sheely Pan Am was a great series and is missed. I do wish Margot well in her movie career.

Im not suprise that alot of Aussies are coming to the USA. Its a dream of many of your performers to be the next Kidman or Jackman.

yet still you have alot of Stars who would never leave Down under and keeping the old and new projects going.

Archived