Watching on RTE in Northern Ireland

Guest Martin

I have watched Home & Away on RTE since the pilot episode was shown - until last week. I prefer to watch it there even though I live in Belfast (and can get Channel 5) as they show the complete titles and I like to read the credits which are often shrunk on Channel 5. I also find their onscreen logo less intrusive.

Now that the digital changeover has taken place the analogue signal has been switched off so I bought a Freeview box to continue to receive RTE and was merrily taping Home & away at lunchtime every day and then when I looked back at my recordings I was shocked to see that Home & Away is blanked out on RTE (probably because of insistance from Channel 5?). The strange thing is that they transmit Neighbours normally straight after so I don't know why they don't have to stop it from being shown in Northern Ireland as well.

So my question is does anyone know if I can receive Home & Away on RTE in any other way in Belfast? Can I buy a Saorview box but if I do will Home & Away be able to be received?

Watching Home & Away has been uncomplicated for the last 25 years and its amazing that in these days of more choice I can't see it in the manner in which I want to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have watched Home & Away on RTE since the pilot episode was shown - until last week. I prefer to watch it there even though I live in Belfast (and can get Channel 5) as they show the complete titles and I like to read the credits which are often shrunk on Channel 5. I also find their onscreen logo less intrusive.

Now that the digital changeover has taken place the analogue signal has been switched off so I bought a Freeview box to continue to receive RTE and was merrily taping Home & away at lunchtime every day and then when I looked back at my recordings I was shocked to see that Home & Away is blanked out on RTE (probably because of insistance from Channel 5?). The strange thing is that they transmit Neighbours normally straight after so I don't know why they don't have to stop it from being shown in Northern Ireland as well.

So my question is does anyone know if I can receive Home & Away on RTE in any other way in Belfast? Can I buy a Saorview box but if I do will Home & Away be able to be received?

Watching Home & Away has been uncomplicated for the last 25 years and its amazing that in these days of more choice I can't see it in the manner in which I want to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry no idea but that sounds very annoying.

Archived