Walker Family Interviews on Channel 5

Guest izzyhoyland

I hope it's ok to post these here and if anyone knows of a youtube link that'd be really appreciated.

Just found these awesome Walker interviews with Charles, Rob, Samara and Demi on the channel 5 website. These 4 are glorious. And the interview is ALL about the Walkers. I hope everyone can watch this and someone can get it on youtube.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/home-and-awa...d-samara-part-1

http://www.channel5.com/shows/home-and-awa...d-samara-part-2

For those who can't see it Rob says an especially sweet thing about how he met Charles's dad in real life randomly on the street and he promised Mr Cottier that he would look after his son on the show as if he was his own and that he finds it easy to care about Charles because he is a terrific young man. Awwwww. I welled up a bit, i'll admit it i'm a massive emo chick.

Also when asked about whether he has to warn his family of future storyline's beforehand, Charles tells a hilarious story about how his grandpa apparently called him up after he was getting bullied by the riverboys on the show and said 'are you ok? I know someone who can get on to them.' Hahaha. Love it.

Interesting. Looks like it's been up there for a couple of weeks, seeing as they're still being coy about the crash storyline.

My favourite moment is at about 9:25 in part two when Rob calls Charles a "terrific young man", and Charles just groans, like 'Oh please, you're too kind'!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for pointing this out, I'd probably have missed it otherwise. They are indeed glorious, and there are so many highlights through the interview. ("demandfive" have put it onto YouTube - but maybe still only available to the UK?).

It's great to see how relaxed, fun and close they all are, and quite thoughtful about their characters. "Walkers. We walk. Don't run!" - I love how goofy they are too, and also when Demi wishes for Sasha to have a storyline where she doesn't have any lines - but then realises she wouldn't want her run over! Somehow Rob's accent is even nicer than Sid's...?

It must have been quite a shock to first read that this was going to happen to your character/your character's son/brother. As a mere viewer, it's hit me more than usual, perhaps cementing still further how much I really like this family. Seeing the crash again in the middle of the interview is very affecting, it has almost as much impact (sorry) as the first time. I actually just tracked down the Temper Trap "Rabbit hole" song which plays over it. As the story is progressing, it keeps giving my two favourites Sid and Dex some extremely emotional moments, which are so good to watch.

I'm very glad Charles mentioned Twitter at the end as he's woken me up to the fact that Rob is on there as well - I think I'll enjoy reading them from time to time. As they say themselves (possibly not entiiirely seriously!), they're just too charming. :)

Thank you very much for pointing this out, I'd probably have missed it otherwise. They are indeed glorious, and there are so many highlights through the interview. ("demandfive" have put it onto YouTube - but maybe still only available to the UK?).

It's great to see how relaxed, fun and close they all are, and quite thoughtful about their characters. "Walkers. We walk. Don't run!" - I love how goofy they are too, and also when Demi wishes for Sasha to have a storyline where she doesn't have any lines - but then realises she wouldn't want her run over! Somehow Rob's accent is even nicer than Sid's...?

It must have been quite a shock to first read that this was going to happen to your character/your character's son/brother. As a mere viewer, it's hit me more than usual, perhaps cementing still further how much I really like this family. Seeing the crash again in the middle of the interview is very affecting, it has almost as much impact (sorry) as the first time. I actually just tracked down the Temper Trap "Rabbit hole" song which plays over it. As the story is progressing, it keeps giving my two favourites Sid and Dex some extremely emotional moments, which are so good to watch.

I'm very glad Charles mentioned Twitter at the end as he's woken me up to the fact that Rob is on there as well - I think I'll enjoy reading them from time to time. As they say themselves (possibly not entiiirely seriously!), they're just too charming. :)

You totally sound like my kind of person CJ as Sid and Dex are my faves too. I will also point you in the direction of this site which has vids available in our country of UK where they introduce the Walker Family.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/video...-walker-family/

Charles has me cracking up with his wanting to 'protect' Robert. They seem truly bonded in real life and they are my favourite thing about this show. Long live the Walkers. May they always walk and never run.

You totally sound like my kind of person CJ as Sid and Dex are my faves too.

Heh, thanks izzyh, that's nice of you!

I will also point you in the direction of this site which has vids available in our country of UK where they introduce the Walker Family.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/video...-walker-family/

Charles has me cracking up with his wanting to 'protect' Robert. They seem truly bonded in real life and they are my favourite thing about this show. Long live the Walkers. May they always walk and never run.

Yes, I really hate the thought of them leaving (especially as currently there's rather a lot of the cast I wouldn't miss much). While Sid joining the Flying Doctors would be a fitting story, I wasn't sure for a while whether he was going, and I hope that doesn't happen any year soon.

Unfortunately this site is telling me the video is not available to the UK! It's a shame it's so complicated, H&A has fans from many countries, and everyone should be able to see any cast interviews they like. Thanks so much for the thought, anyway. :)

Archived