Gone & Forgotten?

Guest H&Alover

It seems to be a thing about soap characters that once they leave they are soon forgotten about as if they had never existed.

I'm not going too far back, that would be too many to recall, but some that spring to mind from H&A are:

Nic & Angelo

Ric & Mattie

Tony & Rachel

Lucas

Brendan

Colleen

Xavier

The last two have only been gone a couple of months!!

Nic & Angelo - Nic doesn't have any family in Summer Bay anymore. Angelo's only connection to the bay now is his restaurant which he started.

Ric & Mattie - Ric has a strong connection with Alf and therefore he could return. Mattie doesn't have any real connection to the Bay now. I think since Tony left, that was the end for Mattie when it came to having any real connection.

Tony & Rachel - Tony is connected to Gina and therefore could easily return. Rachel doesn't have any major connections now.

Lucas - Apart from being Gina's nephew, he doesn't have any connection to the Bay anymore.

Colleen - Colleen's connected with Alf, Irene and Leah and could easily return into her role if the actress ever wanted to comeback.

Xavier - He's connected to Gina and John, so he could easily comeback as well.

I hold out hope that the writers will remember that it's Irene's 60th Birthday next year and they bring back characters for her birthday and Alf turns 70 in 2015, so I hope he does a big 70th birthday, just like he did when he turned 60. Maybe he could pay tribute to Chloe who had died 10 years earlier and she acknowledged in her birthday card to Alf when he turned 60 that she couldn't wait for his 70th birthday celebration. It could pave the way for many returnees such as Duncan, Ric, Lance, Pippa, Colleen and Sally.

It seems to be a thing about soap characters that once they leave they are soon forgotten about as if they had never existed.

I'm not going too far back, that would be too many to recall, but some that spring to mind from H&A are:

Nic & Angelo

Ric & Mattie

Tony & Rachel

Lucas

Brendan

Colleen

Xavier

The last two have only been gone a couple of months!!

Nic & Angelo - Nic doesn't have any family in Summer Bay anymore. Angelo's only connection to the bay now is his restaurant which he started.

Ric & Mattie - Ric has a strong connection with Alf and therefore he could return. Mattie doesn't have any real connection to the Bay now. I think since Tony left, that was the end for Mattie when it came to having any real connection.

Tony & Rachel - Tony is connected to Gina and therefore could easily return. Rachel doesn't have any major connections now.

Lucas - Apart from being Gina's nephew, he doesn't have any connection to the Bay anymore.

Colleen - Colleen's connected with Alf, Irene and Leah and could easily return into her role if the actress ever wanted to comeback.

Xavier - He's connected to Gina and John, so he could easily comeback as well.

I hold out hope that the writers will remember that it's Irene's 60th Birthday next year and they bring back characters for her birthday and Alf turns 70 in 2015, so I hope he does a big 70th birthday, just like he did when he turned 60. Maybe he could pay tribute to Chloe who had died 10 years earlier and she acknowledged in her birthday card to Alf when he turned 60 that she couldn't wait for his 70th birthday celebration. It could pave the way for many returnees such as Duncan, Ric, Lance, Pippa, Colleen and Sally.

I dont see Colleen returning as the actress would be getting on a bit by 2015.

• 1 month later...

Archived