Chris Hemsworth to become a father for the first time

Guest Barbara

Actor Chris Hemsworth is to become a father for the first time

* January 19, 2012 11:00AM

The 'Thor' actor Chris Hemsworth's wife Elsa Pataky is pregnant with the couple's first child and the Spanish actress says they are "delighted and very excited".

She added to ¡Hola! magazine: "Having the person that you love by your side and starting a family with them is the best thing that can happen to you in this life. You can't ask for more."

The baby is due in the spring.

Elsa, 35, says the couple - who married in December 2010 - are keen to have a large family and want their unborn tot to have a sibling in the future.

She said: "I want to have a big family, and so does Chris. My dream is to have more than one child."

Chris, 28, has already got experience with children as his older brother has a little girl and he recently revealed his niece has a toy doll of him as superhero Thor.

The Australian hunk revealed: "I was talking with my older brother the other day and his daughter was running around the house with a Thor action figure; he wanted to pull the batteries out of it because she keeps pressing the button and making it speak, 'I am Thor!' or, 'The mighty Mjolnir!' It does nothing but make me laugh, it's great."

Source

---------------------------------

Chris Hemsworth & Elsa Pataky: Expecting a Baby!

Wed, 18 January 2012 at 11:50 am

Chris Hemsworth and his wife, Elsa Pataky, are expecting a baby!

The couple shared the happy news with ¡Hola!, saying they were “delighted and very excited” about the new addition to their family.

“Having the person that you love by your side and starting a family with them is the best thing that can happen to you in this life. You can't ask for more,” Elsa added.

The baby is due in the spring.

Congratulations to the happy couple!!

Source

Congratulations to both of them! :D

• 3 months later...

Avengers' star Chris Hemsworth and wife welcome baby girl

NewsCore, The Daily Telegraph

May 13, 2012 8:54AM

JUST in time for Mother's Day, Hollywood action hero Chris Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky became parents, welcoming a baby daughter.

The first child for The Avengers heartthrob, 28, and the Spanish actress, 35 - who eloped in 2010 just three months after confirming their relationship - was born in London on Friday night.

They have called her India Rose.

Confidential understands that Hemsworth's parents Craig and Leonie - who hail from Phillip Island in Victoria - flew to the UK last week to be by their eldest son's side for the birth for their first grandchild.

Pataky, who is best known for her role as Vin Diesel's love interest in Fast And The Furious Five, has been very vocal about her love for the Aussie actor since confirming her pregnancy in January.

"Having the person that you love by your side, and starting a family with them, is the best thing that can happen to you in this life," she said.

"You can't ask for more."

Hemsworth - who will next appear alongside Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron in the hotly anticipated Snow White And The Huntsman - is riding high following the runaway success of The Avengers, which became the biggest US box office opening of all time when it was released last weekend.

The former Home And Away stud has just been confirmed for another hands-on role in Shadow Runners, in which he will play a former Navy SEAL who tries to repair a rift with an old comrade-in-arms as he leads a team of elite international operatives on a mission against a mysterious enemy, according to website deadline.

Source

----

Congrats to the happy couple! :D

Thanks Barbara for posting the articles.

It's a shame that their facts are wrong when it comes to "Hemsworth's parents Craig and Leonie - who hail from Phillip Island in Victoria - flew to the UK last week to be by their eldest son's side for the birth for their first grandchild."

I guess that someone forgot about the oldest sibling named Luke and that he already has two girls with a third one on the way and that Chris is the middle child. So now there are three grandchildren in the Hemsworth Family so far and all of them girls. :)

Archived