Sons & Daughters Season 4 (1985)

Guest Dibble Investments Inc

Well we're up to Season 4 now and Pat the Rat has been chased by Roger Carlyle's henchmen all over the country.

Then the scheming Dr Ross Newman tried to slice her to death on the operating table but failed miserably. She left her true love David Palmer back at Sunbury as she fled to Rio de Janeiro attempting to avoid Roger's far-reaching influence. Sadly we were then told that she was killed at the hands of thugs in Rio.....or was she???

Meanwhile, Ross Newman has caused trouble for others beside Pat - seducing Katie O'Brien; conning money out of Barbara Hamilton and stealing David & Beryl's newborn son.....

Fiona has had her own problems - first with Mitch, then Barney's war diaries and finally the attempt on her life....

Karen Fox has finally landed Wayne....but how long will she keep him for???

Let's hear from you - what do you like about Sons & Daughters??? What's your fave highlights??? Is Season 4 floating your boat or was it a previous Season???

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been able to get into Sons and Daughters. Every time I try and watch an episode I am bored within the first 5 minutes and I find it to be too melodramatic. I think its strange that I feel that way because I really like Bevan Lee' s work - I just can't get into Sons and Daughters. My parents used to love watching it when I was a kid though.

I've never been able to get into Sons and Daughters. Every time I try and watch an episode I am bored within the first 5 minutes and I find it to be too melodramatic. I think its strange that I feel that way because I really like Bevan Lee' s work - I just can't get into Sons and Daughters. My parents used to love watching it when I was a kid though.

As strange as it might sound, unlike H&A (which develops further than the original story of the Fletcher family), right until the end, Sons & Daughters is really about the powerplays and scheming between two families, the Palmers and the Hamiltons.....unfortunately, most S&D episodes refer right back to the core story in Episode 1 and to get into it you really need to know the backstory and it does requires patience.....

Like you, I find it melodramatic, however, that for me is part of the fun, especially watching the dodgy stunts :D

Admittedly, S&D was written for a much different audience and demographic than H&A too....

• 3 months later...

Archived