Tomorrow, the war was cancelled

Guest Barbara

Tomorrow, the war was cancelled - no sequel to Aussie film Tomorrow, When The War Began

The Daily Telegraph

November 19, 2011 12:00AM

DESPITE talk to the contrary, it looks like there will be no follow-up to the big Aussie action flick Tomorrow, When The War Began.

With the working title of Tomorrow 2, the film was slated to begin production in September though one of its stars, Lincoln Lewis, admitted the cast were yet to be informed the sequel would be going ahead.

The original was 2010's biggest Australian movie, taking in $13.5 million.

"At this stage it doesn't look like it's going to go ahead," said Lewis, who played Kevin Holmes in the original film, which was written and directed by Stuart Beattie.

"From what we have been told, the first one probably didn't make enough (money) to justify doing a second and the investors and producers feel they don't have the support to make a sequel.

"Which is a shame because it was great fun making the first."

Source

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

WOOHOO! I LOVED that movie..... and I love the books so I seriously hope they continue to make movies from the books.... the cast they chose suited perfectly.... I hope they keep the same actors for the sequel and if they continue the movies the rest of them! :)

Archived