No Job Wait for Thwaites

Guest Bellzi

a_310811todaaabrendonthwait_176aq79-176aq7a.jpg

Anyone in their first year out of university could share a horror story or 12 about the endless search for that "dream job".

But for Home and Away's newest hottie, 22-year-old Cairns native Brenton Thwaites, landing his first professional gig took just days.

Fresh from his studies at Queensland University of Technology, Thwaites has begun his ascent to fame as River Boy Stu on the iconic soap and Luke in FOX8's new teen drama SLiDE which wrapped up filming in June.

"I've had the best first year out of uni so far," he tells Access All Areas.

"I graduated the day before I auditioned for SLiDE and pretty much the next day I got the gig."

And from a small cast of relatively unknown young actors including Perth's Gracie Gilbert in SLiDE, Thwaites quickly graduated to a colossal cast of veteran actors including Georgie Parker and Ray Meagher on the 24th season of Home and Away.

"SLiDE and Home and Away are very different but then they're the same in a way because filming for them both is quite fast paced and you don't really have time to dwell on a scene," he says.

"I'm impulsive and spontaneous and I like that way of working, it's good for young actors to get into that speedy environment."

While fans of the show haven't seen a lot of the easy-going larrikin Stu yet, Thwaites says his character will develop over the next few months.

"He's just come into the bay and his back story is slowly coming out," he explains.

Off screen, Thwaites is currently working on his own TV show with a friend.

"At the moment we've got all this butcher's paper all over my walls with scribbles on it," he says.

"We're trying to shoot a teaser and get things off the ground."

And in his personal life, things are going equally as well for the new TV hunk.

"There's about 10 girls on the go," he jokes. "No, I'm kidding, there's one standing right next to me laughing at me right now."

Home and Away airs Monday to Friday at 7pm on Seven/GWN7.

While fans of the show haven't seen a lot of the easy-going larrikin Stu yet, Thwaites says his character will develop over the next few months.

"He's just come into the bay and his back story is slowly coming out," he explains.

Okay, I totally read that bit as, "He's just come into the bay and [he] is slowly coming out." :wink: Wishful thinking.

Thanks for the article.

"There's about 10 girls on the go," he jokes. "No, I'm kidding, there's one standing right next to me laughing at me right now."

Damn.

From what I've seen of him so far he seems like a very competent actor, and drop dead gorgeous too :wub: I predict he has a bright future ahead of him!

Archived