Esther & Steve in the hot seat

Guest babooronald

Am i the only one that found Steve a little obnoxious and arrogant in the hot seat interview.

Esther came across so natural and lovely but Steve didn't come across well. He was either trying to hard or not comfortable.

Either Steve has changed a lot since their last interview, when he first started on the show or he's still not feeling 100% comfortable..

I think it might be the last option..

I think Steve is just one of those people who doesn't really like talking about his personal life.

You could see how uncomfortable he was when mentioning his girlfriend...he clearly wants his private life to remain completely private, and I very much respect him for that!

I do, however, think that he has become much more relaxed in recent months. If you compare his composure in this interview compared to previous interviews, he is most definately more relaxed. He laughed a lot, and shared a couple of jokes with Esther, and you can see they are very good friends!

She has been in the business longer so naturally she is more confident and through that is probably able to be so relaxed. This is all familiar territory to her. Steve is still learning, and he is doing very well for a man who I think is naturally quiet and modest. I remember reading a interview where Lisa Gormley spoke about Steve being an incredible kind, quiet and modest guy. I think maybe when he appeared uncomfortable, it was because he is still adjusting to this business, where he is private life is constantly threatened.

I think Steve is just one of those people who doesn't really like talking about his personal life.

You could see how uncomfortable he was when mentioning his girlfriend...he clearly wants his private life to remain completely private, and I very much respect him for that!

I do, however, think that he has become much more relaxed in recent months. If you compare his composure in this interview compared to previous interviews, he is most definately more relaxed. He laughed a lot, and shared a couple of jokes with Esther, and you can see they are very good friends!

She has been in the business longer so naturally she is more confident and through that is probably able to be so relaxed. This is all familiar territory to her. Steve is still learning, and he is doing very well for a man who I think is naturally quiet and modest. I remember reading a interview where Lisa Gormley spoke about Steve being an incredible kind, quiet and modest guy. I think maybe when he appeared uncomfortable, it was because he is still adjusting to this business, where he is private life is constantly threatened.

I completely agree with you on this. And yes.. His personal life is as you point out very personal.

Bridget is one lucky girl though :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't find him obnoxious at all. I thought he seemed nice, genuine and funny. If he was slightly reluctant to answer questions about his personal life, that would be fair enough, but I think he was actually quite honest. The story about being a 12pound baby and riding his own scooter home was hilarious!

• 1 month later...

I don't think it's because he's obnoxious or arrogant, it's more shy. He's still getting used to the fame. This was also obvious during Telethon this weekend as Steve and Lincoln Younes were quiet and shy compared to the more "experienced" cast like Esther and David Jones Roberts who seemed relaxed and confident.

But he was soo funny and the chemistry between the two of them was quite noticeable.:)

Archived