Eurovision Song Contest 2011!

Guest Homeandaway_fan1

I think it was the worst Eurovision song contest in years. Horrible host. weird voting and results, and far too many technical problems.

the technical problems playd havoc on the first semifinal. The five first songs were not heard in all countries, and in other countries the sound was terrible.

And I am not saying this because my country didn't qualify for the final. I actually didn't think it was going too, because the song was poor and the vocals were worse. But Turkey's entry was destroyed by the technical problems, and also Armenia. And Lithuania, shouldn't have gone to the final! And the sound was terrible through the whole semi, it sounded like something from an old casette player.

The second semi was ok.

But the final! Horrible humour from the hosts. And the opening was terrible, comparing to the opening in Russia in 2009 and Oslo 2010 it really looked bad. It looks like a number from a local theatre and not from a big event like Eurovision. The whole thing was like a drunk party and without the style and class Eurovision normally has. It was like the final in 2000 in Sweden.

And the voting??? Totally bizarre.... Good songs from countries like UK and France were forgotten. The countries voted in thousands different directions and never has neighbouring voting been more clear than yesterday! The exception is Italy which got votes from here and there... but I feel it was like a welcome back gesture. And Aserbaijan, well they did recieve points from a lot of different countries, but I feel they won just because they got startposition number 19...If it had swapped startposition with Sweden, Sweden would have won clearly. the duo from Aserbaijan didn't hit many notes and it sounded awfully out of tune and the song was boring and too produced and not charming at all. Italy also came third because of the start position.

I wasn't suprised at all that Jedward didn't win... They don't appeal to people over 25. Their show was terrible childish. The song from Blue was good, but their performance was bad and out of tune. But still they were better than Aserbaijan. But Blues startposition was difficult and they had no chance from that. I think its sad when the start position is deciding the result.

Well, I've haven't exactly liked Sweden, but Eric's performance was very good in the final!! The song from Denmark is plagiarism of Andreas Johnsons song "sing for me" from the 2006 national final in Sweden! And I didn't like the runaway thing down the catwalk from the lead singer. Finland deserved a better place. so did France, Uk, Hungary - but again the start position destroyed their chances.

All in all it was a bizarre evening watching this. And I am a ESC fan... Well I'm looking forward to next year.. It will be weird watching something from Aserbaijan... Because it so different, and a part of Europe I don't know much about.. But is actually it in Europe??? The boundaries between Europe and Asia are undefined... But earlier the Ural montains was the border, and aserbaijan is south of those mountains and should therefore be considered as an Asian country. The same with Armenia. But they are members of EBU so that's the reason they are contestant in this contest... Well, I don't have anything against Aserbaijan or Armenia but I don't think Aserbaijan deserved the win this year... Their song in 2010 was actually far better (Drip Drop) and was among my favourites last year.

I feel France, Germany & Denmark (and a few others) were seriously robbed. I thought the song that won it was good but very generic compared to some of the others. I wouldn't mind buying the album because I don't think any of the songs were bad (apart from Ireland & UK :lol: )

P.S Bonus points for the sexy Germany singer.

When the voting lines open before the first country has even performed you know you're going to get an unfair competition. The UK did have the best song that we've had in years - quite surprised Ireland didn't return the voting to the UK! Not saying we should have won but I think we deserved to do better. And I've never thought that before about our entry.

I thought the UK's votes were quite reflective of a lot of people's attitude though. Voting Ireland highest in 'neighbour' voting to play Eurovision at it's own game and voting for Moldova.....enough said.

Archived