DRAHNRAE

Guest JosieTash

Red Ranger 1, cooooooooool that you are so intrigued. The chapter below provides the answer to one of your earlier queries bout this fic.

Belgshep, I really like the bond that’s developed tween Gypsy & Bella because the teen mermaid saved the bloodnut vet.

ELEVEN

It’s not long after Gypsy & her friends set off for the day that they spot 2 of THOSE “panthers” in the far distance. The quartet is glad that they are in a heavily forested area, but Gypsy is keen to test if she can now run on her injurrd leg. Rachel urges her NOT to push too much, so Gypsy jogs for a bit. Her leg seems to take the strain, but she can tell that it won’t handle a pace much quicker that the jog she’s just done. Bella, upon hearing that, stays very close to Gypsy as they travel.

As the day continues, the group notices there’s no sign of the Abiracs they saw this morn AND that it’s MUCH hotter today than any previous day that they’ve been here on this alien world. Emma knows that using her mermaid powers to make it snow could be VERY troublesome for the group. The alien beasts could easily attack seemingly out of nowhere – being camouflaged and all. Emma puts her suggestion to the group. They all agree that it’s worth the risk - but only for a pretty short amount of time – for Emma to use her powers.

Emma raises her hand towards the sky and, moments later, the quartet all feel the wonderful sensation of snow lightly falling on them. Emma can feel her body temperature decreasing – so she halts using her powers less than 5 minutes after she started. Gypsy especially thanks Emma, commenting she’s GOT to take her family on a holiday to the snowfields when the group gets home. The quartet all wish they had a camera to capture EVERYTHING that’s occurred here on the alien world, but most of all these moments – being in only their bra & briefs in the snow. Rachel et al are also VERY pleased that no Abiracs launched an attack whilst Emma was doing her thing – and that they encountered none of the alien panther creatures by day’s end.

+++

On Earth, Charlie arrives home from work to a hive of discussion – between Ruby, Joey, Nicole & Cleo – about THAT song. Charlie, like her wife Joey, is VERY surprised that Ruby not only knows about THAT bra & g-string but that her description of the lingerie is so detailed & accurate. The group all notice that the science minded Cleo is VERY deep in thought, and when they enquire as to why …..

Cleo [cautiously] “I’ve ….. got a theory”

Ruby [sings] “It could be bunnies [pauses, then speaks in a cheeky voice] Sorry, just HAD to do that.”

Charlie “Ruby, this is serious.”

Ruby “Charles, you’re married to an “Angel”. We live with another 4 of them. Since when is our sitch ever REALLY serious these days?”

Charlie [sternly] “RUBY!!!!!!!!!! [Charlie sees that Ruby thinks about responding, but her mum’s tone changes Ruby’s mind] Now Cleo, what’s your theory?”

Cleo “Let’s look at the facts. Ruby’s been singing about being on an alien planet with Rikki & I AND about some supposedly secret underwear. Also, Joey, myself & my g/f’s hav been off kilter for days. Nicole, are you keen on a swim with my “boyfriend” Ronnie? [Nicole looks intrigued] I want to test my theory.”

Nicole “It would be soooo “awful” to swim with a dolphin. Count me in.”

Cleo “Ruby, hope you’re keen on a swim too.”

Ruby “This is all too curious – so I’m DEFINITELY in.”

+++

Soon after, Jarlie, Ruby, Nicole & Cleo arrive at the start point of the mermaids’ daily swim. Cleo is very keen to test her theory so Charlie, upon Cleo’s request, dives into the water alone and swims with Ronnie. The dolphin reacts around Charlie the way he always does - playful but calm. Ronnie also behaves the same way he has been recently when Joey alone swims with him – i.e. erratically. Cleo now has benchmarks for her theory – and Ronnie behaving playfully but calmly when Nicole swims with him further enhances her views.

Now to the clincher – how will Ronnie react when Ruby alone swims with him? Charlie & the others are surprised when Ronnie behaves ERRACTICALY, just like he has been around the mer-girls of late. Charlie can see that Cleo looks both triumphant [that her theory is correct] and worried [for exactly the same reason].

Charlie “Cleo, what’s the deal? What’s this all been about?”

Cleo [cautiously] “Ronnie’s reaction to Ruby, along with the illness we Angels have AND the song that Ruby heard, leads me to the conclusion that ……. Ruby, Joey, Bella, Em, Rikki ……AND myself …… are ALL …… clones.”

Ruby “WHAT !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Cleo “I think the REAL Ruby is the one you heard singing. It all ads up. We Angels have been feeling off kilter for days – and that’s because we’re part fish. We’re more sensitive to change than humans ..... AND that’s why Ronnie’s been reacting the way he has been as well. He can sense it’s not the REAL us. Add to all of this that Ruby knew about those sexy undies of Joey’s that there’s NO WAY she could, or would WANT to know about.”

Although her head is soooo spinning, Charlie realises that Cleo’s logic DOES makes sense – and although her facial expressions/body language don’t show it, Charlie is VERY worried. Its like, how could Charlie, a police officer, NOT know that this Ruby and especially Joey AREN’T really REALLY her daughter & wife? Charlie WAAAY has to control her feelings as she’s HORRIFIED that she’s been, for the past few days, sleeping with a woman whose not TRULY her wife !!!!! Indeed, in Charlie’s mind, she’s already STOPPED thinking of the clone as Joey – and is instead thinking of her as Kate, Joey’s [non existent] indentical twin sister.

Charlie realises that she could DROWN in a sea of emotions IF she lets everything in right now, so she decides to take action.

Charlie “I KNOW that we’re all feeling weirded out right now, but there’s 3 things we NEED to do. 1. Contact Em, Rikki & Bella here in the Bay and tell them what’s occurred. 2. Agree that this “identical twin” thing stays tween the 8 of us. No one else can know. Not family, not friends, just us. 3. We’ve GOT to find a way to contact the real Ruby, the REAL Joey and the others.”

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHO says “Rubes, I don’t think that’s such a good idea.” ???

WHY does Ruby say “You know me too well.” ???

Emma using her powers to make it snow

snowEm.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Ranger 1, I really liked using the whole animals’ sense MUCH more than humans do thing. See below for more Charlie and “Kate”.

belgshep, re Em using her powers like that, keep an eye out for Joey [a few chapter from now] using her powers on a pretty GRAND scale.

TWELVE

It takes a little while for the whole clone sitch to even kinda sink in, before ….

Ruby “I guess its going to be me singing – to try and contact that other me.”

Charlie “It makes the most sense, given that it’s the REAL you made us realise what’s happened.”

Nicole “But what will you sing to, like, make that other you listen?”

Joey “Something sciency. You did say that Cleo is there, didn’t you?”

Cleo [after Ruby nods] “Yeah. Sing all about what’s happened with Ronnie AND the off kilter-ness. The other me should “get” all that.”

Whilst Ruby thinks of lyrics/melody for the weirdest/most important song of her life, the others phone Emma, Rikki & Bella. The trio ARE as shocked as Charlie et al, but all 8 agree to keep this “identical twin” thing in the vault – as public knowledge of the clones would most likely make the world outside of Summer Bay aware that there are 5 mermaids in this small seaside town.

Ruby “This is gonna feel weird. Singing to myself, and then conversing with myself, my other self, in song IF this works.”

Charlie “Weird but GOOD. It should give us a much better picture on what’s going on – especially WHY my wife’s been abducted AND cloned.”

Ruby [sings] ……..

“Hello Ruby. This is your clone here on Earth

I heard you singing that alien planet/Joey’s underwear song

Cleo figures that whoever’s put you on the alien planet

Has also put clone of all on you here on Earth

She’s told me to tell you that her boyfriend Ronnie has been acting strangely

Around all 6 of us who’ve been cloned – myself & the 5 “Angels”

Speaking of whom, the mer-clones have ALL been slightly unwell

But I’ve not been affected by what’s occurred

Get back to me soon, if you understand this message.”

On the other side of the universe, its approx 5 hours after Ruby 1st sang THAT song to Joey. The group finished breakfast ½ an hour ago and are, once more, journeying across the seemingly endless dry lake bed when Ruby is stopped DEAD in her tracks when she hears, in her head, her clone’s song. Ruby tells her friends what she's just heard. They’re all surprised – but Cleo DOES get the logic in the science of what’s occurred. Its’ weird to know that Emma & Bella on Earth are clones as well, which SHOULD mean that the real Emma & Bella are here on this alien world.

Joey “Ruby, you should respond to the message. I want to hear ALL about what Charlie’s been up to – with the other me. I don’t mean that in a bad way. Its just GREAT to know that 1 of me has been having some “action” with Charlie.”

Ruby [said quickly, as Ruby is quite embarrassed] “You’re not my stepmom. You’re not my stepmom. You’re not my stepmom. [tentatively] OK, here goes [pauses, and the sings] Hello clone Ruby, this is ….. Ruby. I understood your message. Can you hear me?”

On Earth, Ruby [who is chatting to Nicole, Cleo and Jarlie about the whole clone thing] almost can't believe it when she hears the real Ruby singing to her AGAIN.

Ruby “Guys. The other me has just responded to my song.”

Charlie “Well. Sing back – and keep the “chat” going. We can work out what’s going on from what you sing.”

Ruby clone [sings] “Hello, Ruby. How’s everything there? Tell me all about it.”

Ruby [to Rikki, Joey & Cleo] “My clone’s responded. This is going to be soooo weird. Here goes. [pauses, then sings] Hi, RC. Things are starting to make more sense now.”

Ruby clone [sings] “I take it RC is short for Ruby clone?’”

Ruby [sings] “You know me too well. I can't call you Ruby. THAT would be weird.”

Ruby clone [sings] “What’s your sitch there?”

Ruby [sings] “We should come across something in a few days – as we’ve only been provided with enough food & water til then. How’s Charlie & everyone?”

Ruby clone [sings] “We’re all weirded out by the clone sitch, but glad that we kinda know why now. You didn't mention Em & Bella. What's the deal there?”

Ruby [sings] “They’re not with us. Must be elsewhere on this planet. Don’t know why we are here, but must be for a purpose – especially since we've been cloned. Who’s there with you right now?’

Ruby clone [sings] “Charlie, Joey, Nicole, Cleo …. and Ronnie.”

Ruby [sings] “Coooooool that you are near the water. That reminds me, the Angels’ powers work here. [pause] We should see if it’s just the 2 of us who can “chat”. I’ll get …. Rikki to sing with me.”

Ruby clone [sings] “Will tell you if I hear her.”

Ruby [sings] “OK.”

Cleo “Rubes, I don’t think that’s such a good idea. Rikki’s not got the best voice in town. Mind you, I can’t “talk” either. I couldn’t sing well to safe my life.” [see link below for Rikki & Cleo karaoke]

Rikki “Cleo, you were AWESOME when you had that siren song voice when you were moonstruck.”

Joey “I’m soooooo glad that I’ve NEVER been full moonstruck, thanks to all the great advice you girls have given me.”

Ruby “What will we sing togther?’

Rikki [cheeky voice] “I’ve got an idea.”

Ruby [after Rikki whispers the idea to her] “We CAN’T sing that.”

Rikki “Why not? It’s perfect. Think about it. I’m a mermaid and you’ve been able to contact someone who’s most lilkely on the other side of the universe.”

Ruby “Actually, you DO have a point. We should sing now – or my clone will think she's just imagined ALL of this.”

Ruby & Rikki [singing – with Rikki louder than Ruby] “I’m no ordinary girl.”

Ruby [sings] “RC, did you hear us?”

Ruby clone [sings] “I only heard YOU, Rubes.”

Ruby [delighted voice] “I AM no ordinary girl. [pauses, then sings] We could sing forever but I think its best to end this chat soon – so we can get moving, and get closer to home. [Joey whispers something in Ruby’s ear] Before I go, stepmom wants to know if her clone and Charlie have been …. you know?”

Ruby clone [speaks in slightly shocked voice] “That’s the LAST thing I expected to hear. [tentatively] Charlie & Joey, the real Joey wants to know bout your …….[almost whispered] sex life.”

Joey [gleefully] “Tell her I’ve … enjoyed Charlie enough for the BOTH of us – the real Joey & me, I mean.”

Ruby clone “This is SOOO the most embarrassing thing ….… having to talk about my mum’s ……. I can't say it. [steadies herself] Better get this over with. [pauses, then sings] Ruby, they’re as embarrassing as always.”

Ruby [sings] “I’ll tell Joey. Going to bail now, but will keep in touch. Later, RC.”

Ruby clone [sings] “Look forward to hearing from you soon. Bye.”

+++

Soon after, the Ruby group - armed with this new knowledge from Ruby’s clone - all speculate about what’s on.

Cleo “Guys, with Em & Bella no doubt on this planet too, this MUST the reason Rikki & I are here … to sort out our love life’s.”

Joey “Why do you think I'm here, Cleo?

Cleo “Don’t know, but there's got to be a specific reason – with Rubes being our nav AND comms expert and all. Oh, and given that we have NO idea what we’ll encounter here, we’re sure to need your skills.”

Ruby “Joey, don’t you get it? You've ALREADY been WAAAAY of help. It kinda pains me to say this, but without THAT underwear of yours, the other Cleo probably wouldn’t have been able to work out what’s occurred.”

Joey [gleefully] “You’re right … and I’M right. This bra & g-string of mine is THE most AWESOME underwear EVER.”

+++

On Earth, it’s late at night [several hours after Ruby & her clone “chatted”] and Charlie is deep in thought. She’s thinking that although “Kate” looks, sounds, behaves and is EVERYTHING like Joey, the clone is technically a different person, so Charlie has it in her mind that she’s been unfaithful to the real Joey. It’s soooooo the emotional side of her brain has won the battle over it’s logical side. Charlie gets into bed and moments later Joey enters the room. It doesn’t help Charlie’s already confused, worried brain that “Kate” is dressed alluringly for bed. Joey gets under the covers and immediately goes to kiss Charlie – who backs away before their lips lock ....

Charlie ”I can’t. I can’t DO this. You’re ..... You’re NOT my wife.”

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHAT do the Ruby group discover ???

WHO says “That’s a “bit” invasion of privacy, isn’t it?” ???

Rikki’s “so bad, it’s good” karaoke ……..

Cleo’s BAD karaoke …… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcz2UCFpRH0...feature=related

“No Ordinary Girl” [h2o theme song] sung by Indiana Evans ……… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRXxhaucyRk...feature=related

Ruby singing "Kisses Hurt So Much" .........

Red Ranger 1, I’m soooo glad that Rachel & Tony went to Boston now, because in that original idea of this story [Ruby and co missing] it was Ruby & Liam who sang to each across the universe. I love how embarrassed Rubes gets when THAT topic comes up.. … and how wonderfully humanly illogical Charlie is being about “Kate” !!!

belgshep, keep an eye out for the chapter after the one below for the thing with Joey & her powers.

THIRTEEN

Joey is taken aback – but is still keen to “be with“ Charlie, so she applies some logic to the sitch .....

Joey “Charlie, I “get” where you are coming from. I TRULY do. You think that I’m like that redhead who was cloned on “Black Hole High”, but this is WAY different. Her BODY was all that was cloned, but with me, they got EVERYTHING – body AND soul. Actually, honestly, have I behaved or said or done ANYTHING in the last few days, aside from all the yawning, that Joey wouldn’t have?”

Charlie [cautiously] “No, but ….”

Charlie still looks VERY concerned, so Joey does what the real Joey would do. She backs off – as Joey would NEVER pressure Charlie into doing ANYTHING she didn’t want to do, ESPECIALLY sex.

Joey “ÖK. I’m totally cooool with your “call”, but just letting you know. As soon as I go to sleep, I’m going to be dreaming of you & me doing ALL things awesomely sexy.”

That comment “melts” Charlie ..... and she joyously says, “You ARE my Joey. Only SHE is THAT much of a goofball.”

Charlie kisses her wife, or the clone of her wife, or whatever – it’s still Joey she’s kissing. They PASH for seemingly ages before steadily getting more amorous as the night goes on.

+++

The day after Ruby & her clone had their LONG distance “conversation”, the Ruby group had only been walking for about 45 minutes when ….

Cleo [spiritedly] “Do you see what I see?”

Cleo starts running … the 1st time that ANY of this group has run on this alien planet. Ruby, Joey & Rikki set off after Cleo – calling out to her several times. 10 minute later, Cleo [and those chasing her] come to a halt. Rubes wonders why Cleo just took off like that, but Joey urges her stepdaughter to REALLY look in the distance in front of them. Ruby realises what Joey means – as she sees, not far before the horizon, a darker coloured ground – or a darker something – than the mauve of the dry lake bed. Cleo insist that its water … her body AND those of Joey & Rikki are kinda tingly, as they sense they are close to a large amount of water that they can swim in.

+++

As the Ruby group head towards the water in the distance, Charlie & Ruby in Summer Bay are setting up a system where Charlie, no matter where she is, can hear when the 2 Ruby’s communicate with each other. Charlie & the Ruby that’s here on Earth are in the process of “doing up” a baby monitor like transceiver when ….

Ruby “I’m not sure bout this. Are you REALLY keen on hearing EVERYTHING I say and do, like even when I ….. go to the bathroom? That’s a “bit” invasion of privacy, isn’t it?”

Charlie “GOD No !!!! I don’t want to do THAT. I didn’t explain myself well there, did I? I mean, we’ll set it at an octave range so I can ONLY hear you when you SING.”

Ruby “That’s better.”

Charlie “And just like you’re 1st “chat” with the other you, sing enough so I can get the gist of what’s going on .. what the real you & Joey are up to”.

Ruby “Sound like a plan. I know a bit bout things like this, but it’s best if we speak to Liam bout it”.

Soon after, Charlie & Ruby visit Liam, and, after a number of false starts, they get the transceivers to work ONLY when Ruby sings.

+++

On the alien planet, the Ruby group has reached the shores of what seems to be a VAST lake. The water is mostly still and only small waves lap at its shores. The body of water stretches, of course, all the way to the horizon but that’s not a problem at all - as Ruby has 3 “warp speed” capable mermaids by her side.

The group agree for Rikki & Cleo to swim and find more land. The duo is just steps away from the litterally red sea when a creature partially surfaces not far off shore. Cleo immediately loves that what they CAN see looks like the dorsal fin of a dolphin. Indeed, the creature seems to have grey skin like a dolphin too. Alarm bells are ALREADY ringing for Rikki - and she urges Cleo to step back from the water’s edge. Moments later, the creature heads for the shore. Ruby, Joey & Cleo DO take several steps back – but they ARE keen on their 1st encounter with a creature form this alien word. Rikki however is LOT more cautious – she’s preparing to use her powers if the creature is less than friendly. Rikki is especially concerned when the animal comes onto the shore – as although it has the skin & dorsal fin of dolphin, the creature has a body similar to that of a CROCODILE. [see pic below]

Joey, Ruby & Cleo back up many steps, whilst Rikki readies herself to protect her friends. Rikki is the closest to the creature [which the Liagiba call a REBBEWKRAM] when the others realise the animal stopped as soon as all its body was out of the water. Cleo is the 1st to approach the Rebbewkram. She is encouraged that it’s not snapping its no doubt big teeth at her. Rikki is REALLY concerned when Cleo crouches beside the left side of the creature. Rikki continues to be worried when Cleo runs her hand down the side of the Rebbewkaram [tween its legs]. Joey, encouraged by Cleo’s actions, does the same thing to the right side of the creature. Even when Ruby crouches beside her stepmom and pats the dorsal fin of the aquatic animal, Rikki's STILL on red alert.

Joey “Come on, Rikki. The creature seems to REALLY like the 3 of us patting it.”

Rikki “I don’t know about this.”

Ruby “I pinkie swear that you WON’T get eaten.”

Rikki can see that the Rebbewkram DOES seem to enjoy the underwear clad women patting it, so she moves to stand in front of the creature. Still no snapping of jaws. Rikki crouches in front of the dolphin-skinned animal - and pats its snout.

Cleo “See, Rikki. The creature is just like you. Looks all fierce, but its adorable.”

The quartet all pat the Rebbewkram for a while, before Ruby [as the others continue to pat the animal] stands up and sings to her clone. The Ruby on Earth, like the quartet, is amazed as Ruby describes what has occurred [and is occurring] as she sings. Charlie, as she listens in via the transceiver, LOVES it when Ruby comments that Joey has discovered the alien creature likes it most when they pat its tail.

Rikki is keen to swim, so she is the 1st of the mermaids to stop patting the Rebbewkram – and Joey & Cleo follow her lead.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHAT does Joey nervously suggest ???

WHY is Nicole being so stealthy ???

Links to info about “Black Hole High”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Days_...ake_Holsey_High

http://www.tv.com/strange-days-at-blake-ho...y;trivia#quotes

A late night JARLIE kiss

JK2.jpg

A Rebbewkram

Dolphin-Crocodile--34051.jpg

Many thanks for the coooooooooool comments

Red Ranger 1, I can say that both groups are closing in on where the Liagiba live …. and, now that finally finished the draft of this story, it will have 21 chapters in total !!!

belgshep, the chapter below isn’t the last time we’ll “see” the Rebbewkrams in this fic.

FOURTEEN

Although Joey isn’t going on the big swim with Rikki & Cleo [in keeping with the group’s 2+2 policy], Joey does also enter the water. Rikki, Joey & Cleo feel soooooooooooooo GREAT when they actually transform into mermaids for the 1st time since they arrived on this alien world. The Rebbewkram follows the trio of mermaids into the water – as does Ruby. It feels weird for her to be sitting in the water in her bra & briefs [rather than a bikini] but its cooooooooooool to all but side by side with her golden tailed stepmom.

Rikki & Cleo venture out under the surface of the water. They steadily get use to the conditions [light levels etc] under the sea – and they swim [in a motion similar to that of a dolphin, with their hands “torpedoed” out in font of them] for about 5 kilometres at “impulse” before they go to “warp”. As the 2 mermaids swim across the lake, Joey & Ruby have some fun with not only the Rebbewkram that they 1st encountered, but with several more creatures from this species. The Rebbewkrams seem to have the same curious, friendly nature as a dolphin, so Joey & Ruby have a playful time with a trio of the alien creatures.

Meanwhile, Rikki & Cleo have made in to the other side of the lake. They guestimate they’ve swam about 25 kilometres. There’s a steep-ish tall brown soil type hill not far form the edge of the lake. Cleo is pleased that there are more Rebbewkrams on this side of the lake. She wishes Bella was here sharing this moment – and Rikki is having similar thoughts about her beloved Emma. Indeed, since her break up with Cleo, thoughts of Em have taken over most of Rikki’s brain. She’s just LOVE to be in bed right now with her fellow blonde mermaid ...or SPANKING Emma’s divine backside.

Cleo & Rikki swim at warp speed back across the lake and as soon as they arrive at the other side, they tell Ruby & Joey that the journey across the lake should be able to quite easily be taken care of today – so they can camp on the other side of the lake before nightfall. The quartet all know it would be a mighty swim for a human to do with the amount of daylight they have left today, but Joey [who has the ability to manoeuvre, heat AND freeze water] nervously suggests that she might be able to use her powers to create an ice bridge that spans the ENTIRE lake. It’s the biggest thing that Joey will have EVER done with her powers, but she’s VERY encouraged when her fellow mermaids AND Ruby eagerly voice their support. Indeed, she’s more than a little surprised when Ruby, in a less embarrassed voice than usual when talking about things like this, comments that THIS will get Joey back into Charlie’s embrace MUCH faster.

Joey concentrates as she raises right arm, with her hand like a stop sign, at the water in front of her …. and she gladly sees a 1 metre wide ice bridge steadily stretch out as far as she can see. Joey just knows that the bridge she’s created now stretches all the way to the shore on the other side of the lake, so she halts using her powers. Ruby gives her stepmom a BIG hug – before Joey & Ruby start to walk across the bridge, as they do so, Joey is constantly on the lookout for weak points. Rikki & Cleo do swim part of the way to the other side [at “impulse”] but most of the time they too go across the lake on the ice bridge – so Ruby & Joey don’t have to carry all 4 backpacks to the other side of the lake.

The quartet are bout ¾ across the ice bridge when they hear a LOUD noise – there’s a CRACK starting to form in the the bridge ahead of them. Joey is REALLY worried – this is HER ice bridge and things aren’t looking so good. The water below them is quite deep, and although that's not any trouble for a mermaid, Joey doesn’t want ANY harm to come to her stepdaughter. It’s Ruby though that gets Joey through this – she’s TOTALLY in support of her stepmom, insisting to Joey to her bridge has been ACE so far and that she can use her powers to sure up the structure. Joey REALLY takes heart in all the support she’s gotten form Ruby. Joey knows she had a pretty close bond with Rubes before they were bought to this foreign world, but their stepmother/stepdaughter ‘ship seems to have been strengthened ever further whilst they’ve been here …. wherever here is.

Joey refocuses – and thinks of her beloved Charlie - as she raises her arm & uses her powers to mend the crack forming in the bridge …. and the group is able to get to the other side without further trouble. Ruby & her friends then quickly set up camp so they can frollick with several of the Rebbewkrams for a while before nightfall. The alien creatures remind Cleo of her “boyfriend” Ronnie but she’s glad that none of the Rebbewkrams has "the hots” for her like THAT dolphin does.

After the sun sets, Ruby & Joey are on sentry but Rikki is keen, before she heads off to bed, to see if their new friends hunt by night. 20 minutes pass and there’s no sign of any nocturnal carnivorous activity form any Rebbewkrams, so Rikki heads off to bed. Later than night, after Ruby & Joey wake Rikki & Cleo, Ruby kisses her stepmom on the cheek before they climb into the same bed and sleep back to back like they have most nights on this beautiful alien world. The group are VERY pleased that the Rebbewkrams don't go near their camp during the night.

+++

Back on Earth, Nicole is especially keen on know to how Ruby is going on the alien world. She spends more time with Rubes than usual OR stealthily tries to be at the diner or surf club or beach or wherever in a public place that Charlie is. Nicole thinks her actions have been inconspicuous, but when she arrives home, Ruby, Charlie, Miles & Alf are there waiting for her. They are all keen to know why Nicole’s gone a bit stalker-ish. Miles and the others are surprised they didn't realise that this is ALL about knowing exactly what the real Ruby, Nicole’s bestie, is up to the moment she "phones home" – so they, with Liam’s help, arrange for her to transceiver [like the one Charlie has].

+++

Meanwhile, on the foreign planet [on the same day that the Ruby group crossed the big lake], the Rachel group’s progress is rather sluggish. The seemingly endless mountainous terrain has really gotten to the group. Despite her wounded leg, its Gypsy who is the one most motivating her newfound friends Bella, Rachel & Emma to forge on. The terrain isn’t the only problem, as they have to constantly “tippy toe“ through the forest – as they’ve spotted several Abiracs in their vicinity.

This has been the group’s least most successful day in terms of distance travelled, and whilst Gypsy can sense the loss of connection tween Emma & Bella, she doesn’t want to break her teenaged companion’s trust. Rachel can also sense the tension tween the 2 blonde mermaids, and decides, with Bella & Gypsy not in an earshot, to talk to Emma bout it after the group sets up camp as dusk approaches.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY do Gypsy AND Ruby wake suddenly ???

WHAT makes Rachel think about Reverend Hall ???

Red Ranger 1, there are a few ripples [for want of a better term] in this fic based on the Nicole/transceiver scene. Although, are you inferring you think I’ll have Ruby/Nicole ???

I’ll add that Nicole stalking Liam [rather than Ruby & Charlie] in the original version of this story is probably a more intriguing idea, but I just LOVE the clones [especially the 2 Ruby’s singing to each other].

belgshep, because the Abiracs are so fierce, I balanced things by having a nice animal species as well. Speaking of Abiracs, see below …..and just also letting you know that when Gypsy et al awake in the chapter below, it’s the beginning of their final day on the alien world.

FIFTEEN

Rachel “Em, you & Bella hardly talk any more. What’s up?”

Emma “I’d ….. rather not say.”

Rachel “Surely things can’t be THAT bad.”

Emma “I ...... no, I can’t say it.”

Rachel [tentatively] “What is it?”

Emma “I ..... I love Rikki more than I do Cleo & Bella .... but I don’t want to hurt them.”

Rachel “I know I've not seen the 4 of you for a while, but .......”

Emma “You can say it ..... Bella is closer to Cleo.”

Rachel “Well, I KNOW it will be hard ... talking to her even with that knowledge, but won’t it be good to break the ice and just be fiends again?”

Emma [worried voice] “What if I’m NEVER reunited with Rikki? “

Rachel [sternly] “Don’t let Gypsy hear you talk like that. She’s hell-bent on getting us home. [more tenderly] I’d say be as brave as you were when you saved me from that panther.”

Emma doesn’t get the chance to think things over, as Bella sits next to her – wanting to talk. After Rachel gives them some space ....

Emma “You wanted to talk?”

Bella “Yeah, but now…. I’m not sure.”

Emma “Any hints? “

Bella “Maybe I shouldn’t have asked if we could chat. “

Bella steadies herself – as visions of herself saving Gypsy from the Abirac AND being in the throes of passion with Cleo quickly run through Bella’s brain.

Bella [on the verge of tears] “This tension tween us is going to KILL me. I’ve just GOT to say it. I’m in love with CLEO. I ONLY want to be with her.“

Emma starts to cry, but Bella rapidly realises that its happy tears that Emma is crying.

Bella [tenderly] ”Em, I just KNOW you’re going to see AND get SPANKED by Rikki again.”

Emma hugs Bella – and Rachel & Gypsy are pleased to see that the 2 blonde mermaids are friends once more.

+++

It’s ½ an hour before dawn the next day, and Ruby & Gypsy wake suddenly. Gypsy is woken by the harrowing cries of what sounds like a wounded animal, whilst it’s a dream that caused Ruby to wake. Both are keen to get going as soon as the sun rises, so they [with Rikki & Cleo and Emma & Bella on sentry] wake Joey& Rachel – so they can all be finished breakfast before the sun comes up.

Minutes after sunrise, the 2 groups set off. The Ruby group has approx a 5 kilometre steep-ish hill climb, whilst the Gypsy group can hear what sounds like a wounded Abirac not far from where they camped last night. Rachel, Emma, Gypsy & Bella quickly arrive at where the injured panther like creature is. The purple blood on its snow white fur is quite a sight. The Abirac is lying on its side - its right front leg is wounded & bleeding. Rachel is especially wary, but Gypsy is keen to help the creature if she can. Gypsy can see the look of skeptism on Rachel’s face, so she puts things in a way that her fellow doctor will “get” – i.e. Rachel would be no doubt be willing to help an injured person who'd attacked her, and Rachel all but immediately thinks of when Reverend Hall had her as his hostage.

Emma & Bella are supportive of Gypsy, but they both prepare to use their powers on the creature if its gets aggressive towads Gypsy. Rachel is prep’d too – her med kit is at the ready. Gypsy crouches beside the Abirac. She hopes, in many ways, that the creature is just recovering after a scuffle with another Abirac – probably a battle for territory. Bella, Emma & especially Rachel are on edge when Gypsy goes to touch the creature’s leg – to clean away the fresh blood and see the heart of the problem. The Abirac does move the injured leg a bit when Gypsy touches it, but in no way is it a violent reaction. The creature also moves its head – to see what Gypsy is doing. There’s not much fresh blood to mop up before Gypsy is able to see the tear in the Abirac’s skin. Gypsy REALLY likes it when Bella, without Gypsy having said a word, starts patting the creature. Emma & Rachel join in whilst Gypsy mends & stitches up the wound. When Gypsy is finished, she looks at the back of her own leg – the one that Rachel stitched up after Gypsy was attacked by an Abirac days ago.

Gypsy stands up and her fellow travellers follow her lead. The creature slowly gets to feet minutes later. Gypsy can see it tentatively using its injured leg as it starts to walk away from the 4 humans. The Abirac gets about 10 metres away, before it turns around and casually heads towards Gypsy & her friends. When the creature gets to within 5 metres, although Gypsy is still quite serene, the others are worried. It’s like ….

Rachel “I’ve got a BAD feeling about this.”

Bella [as she protects herself] “Shields UP !!!”

The Abirac stops 3 metres away from the group. Gypsy & the others are SHOCKED when ……

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY does Emma say “Bella, we should be totally honest.” ???

WHO says “There’s MUCH work for you to do, Rachel.”

Emma crying

h2o-e11tearfulEm.jpg

Red Ranger 1, I will say that Ruby does have her eye on someone by the end of this fic. I’ll add that if I only had, for example, Jarlie together [without the h2o mermaids being gay as well], I might have gone there with Nicole & Rubes. As for the Abirac Gypsy helped, see below.

Belgshep, re Gypsy & co meeting the Liagiba, see below.

SIXTEEN

The Abirac starts to change shape …….and morphs into an adult male Liagiba.

“Thank you, Gypsy. My name is Anaidni and I welcome you all to the planet Drahnrae.” says the alien humanoid.

There’s a STUNNED silence form Gypsy & her friends.

Anaidni “I KNOW you can ALL talk. I’ve heard you AND I know you can understand me - as when we brought you here, we implanted a translator for our language in your brains.”

It’s another ½ a minute or so before ….

Gypsy “Just when I thought this couldn’t GET any more FREAKY, they do. [pauses as she realises something]. Hey, how you know my name?’

Anaidni “I know ALL your names. Hello, Emma, Rachel & Bella.”

There’s suddenly an OCEAN of overlapping questions from the human quartet, so the Liagiba male does his best to answer their queries …

Anaidni ”This planet is several galaxies way from your home world. Our village is just over the other side of this mountian we are on now. Once we arrive at our settlement, ALL will be revealed as to why you are here. I CAN tell you that we mean you NO harm.”

Now that Rachel & her friends have chatted to Anaidni for a bit, other thoughts/queries come to mind ….

Rachel “I just realised. You’re in your underwear too”.

Anaidni “What’s underwear?”

Rachel [as she points to her bra & briefs] “We on Earth wear these under other clothes. The other clothes cover MUCH more of our bodies.”

Anaidni [as he points to the human underwear like garment over his groin] “This is all the males of my species wear all the time, but our females also have similar coverings to yours on the top half on their bodies.”

Emma “At least THAT sorts out why we woke up here in just a bra & briefs.”

Bella “Can all of your people morph like you did?’

Anaidni “No. There are only a handful of us that can.”

Emma “Just like us. “

Anaidni “What do you mean?”

Emma [after seeing the cautious look on Bella’s face] “Bella, we should be totally honest. Myself & Bella can change too, but before I get to that, can you change into other creatures?’

Anaidni instantly morphs into a Rebbewkram, before changing back into humanoid form.

Rachel “Anaidni, what is your species called?”

Gypsy “And what are the animals you changed into?”

Anaidni “My species is called the Liagiba. The wounded creature I was before is an Abirac, whilst the other animal is known as a Rebbewkram.“

Bella “Those Rebbewkram look like an aquatic species.”

Anaidni “They are. They live in a lake not that far away from here.”

Gypsy “Are they are bloodthirsty as the Abiracs?”

Anaidni “No. In ALL of my species’ history on this planet, there’s never been an attack by a Rebbewkram on a Liagiba.”

Emma “Cleo would ADORE them.”

Rachel “That reminds me. Anaidni, do you know where Ruby Buckton is? I know she’s here on this world.”

Anaidni “She is here – as of another 3 of your species, but I’ve not been told who they are.”

Rachel “Do you know why we are here?”

Anaidni “I can’t tell you that, but I WILL say that you’ve proven yourselves to be a very resourceful AND more importantly a KIND species, especially you Gypsy. The way you didn’t hesitate to mend my wounded leg – despite the fact that you were almost killed by an Abirac.”

Rachel “So, is THAT why we weren’t just “dropped “straight into your community?”

Anaidni “Yes, AND we didn’t have a true indication of your species’ size & characteristics before we bought you here. We didn’t even know about the ability to change that Emma spoke of. Actually, what DID you mean by that?”

Emma “Before I say anything else, you’re quite friendly Anaidni, so you can call me Em. I take it you’ve seen mine & Bella’s powers over water and weather?”

Anaidni “Em, I did observe the quick changes in weather AND the face of the unconscious Abirac.”

Emma “We can also change … into mermaids. Half woman, half fish. It’s not a quick process to change back to our human form though. Well, without Rikki or Joey and the powers they have anyway. Can it wait til we get to where you live before Bella & I show you what we look like as mermaids?”

Anaidni “No problems at all, especially since its best if we get moving. There’s MUCH work for you to do, Rachel.”

Rachel “Can I ask what all this is about?”

Anaidni “That’s all the info I can give you.”

Anaidni morphs into an Abirac and Rachel & her friends eagerly keep pace with the speedy creature as they head for the summit of the mountain.

+++

Whilst the Rachel group had their close encounter of the friendly alien kind, Ruby [spooked by her dream] is CHARGING up the 5 kilometre hill. Joey, Rikki & Cleo are going at a more leisurely pace – assuming that Ruby is just UBER keen to get to the top. Ruby isn’t exactly sure what her dream meant, but she is VERY keen to get answers.

As Ruby approaches the top of the climb, she is about 2 kilometres higher up the hill than the others – and when she does reach the summit, she is IMMEDIATELY ashen faced.

Ruby [cries out] “This is all my fault !!!!!!!”

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY does Ruby say “I’ve never told you or Charlie or Nicole or anyone this.” ???

WHO says “Turn around, young lady.” ???

Red Ranger 1, I LOVED coming up with the idea of that test of Gypsy’s humanity …. to show what kind of species we humans are. Its funny that in a previous fic of mine Gypsy commented to fellow bloodnut Shannon Reed that she was now working at an animal park [rather than as a social worker like she was in real H&A] …. and that’s all led wonderfully to her healing the Abirac moment.

belgshep, although I contemplated having Liagiba words for things that we have on Earth, it’s only the words that the 2 species don't have in common that "throw" the universal translator they have – e.g. we don’t have Rebbewkrams here on Earth and because the Liagiba don't have underwear, Anaidni had NO idea what Rachel was talking about.

SEVENTEEN

Ruby instantly recalls what she THOUGHT were just fantastic dreams of an alien world but, right now, before her VERY eyes in the far distance, is a town that looks the same as the one in her dreams. Ruby has a brief flashback of the dreams – she sees at close range the buildings that are in reality in the distance. They are all structures like you’d find in ancient Rome and there’s a mountain range just behind the village.

Rikki, Joey & Cleo make it to the top of the hill. They too are shocked at the site of a civilisation, but to them, it’s a chance for the group to get HOME. Joey notices that Ruby isn’t looking as happy as the rest of the group ……

Joey “What’s up?”

Ruby [steadily getting more emotional as she speaks] “Stepmom, I’ve never told you or Charlie or Nicole or anyone this, but I’ve been having dreams of this place for a while. Pre abduction, I mean. I’ve only just remembered the dreams – so must have been DEEP in my subconscious …. awoken by seeing the village. I can tell you, in my dreams, or maybe they weren't just dreams. I don’t know. Anyway, I was THERE – in the heart of that city, talking to a woman. She’s a humanoid – but she was more than double my height, and she had an upside down face, and cool markings on her skin. Oh, and THAT’S why we’re in our underwear. That’s ALL these people wear … and their males & females look mostly anatomically like humans do - women having breasts like us and the like. Oh, and Dr Rachel Armstrong is here on this planet too, and although I don’t know the full details …… [VERY emotionally] this has got something to do with my DIABETES ….. [all but crying] and THAT means this all MY fault that we're here.”

Joey [soothing voice, as she hugs Ruby] “It’s not your fault. Sounds like these people need help ...... so it’s a GOOD thing we are here. Actually, I’d say ALL of this makes you the best stepdaughter a girl could ever have.”

Ruby [seeking reassurance] “Really?”

Joey [very positively] “DEFINTELY”

Rikki [after Joey & Ruby stop hugging] “Anything else you remember?”

Ruby [as she wipes away her tears] “No, that’s all right now.”

Cleo “Well, let's get going towards that town then.”

Cleo almost immediately starts to jog – with the others following her lead. It’s about a 20 kilometre journey, starting off with brown soiled ground they are on now but it looks like there’s a green grassy type covering on the ground closer to the village.

+++

Meanwhile, the Rachel group and their new friend Anaidni have made it to the top of the mountain, and are looking down on the Liagiba settlement. After Anaidni changes back into his humanoid form ….

Rachel “There’s quite a few buildings down there. How many people live here?”

Anaidni “About 1000 people.”

Gypsy “Are there other towns like this on your world?”

Anaidni “No. This is all of us. Explorers from my species have mapped the rest of this planet, and there are no other humanoids who live here. In the past, my people have inhabited other parts of this planet – but we’ve lived in this current settlement for hundreds of years now. We best get going, as there are MANY people relying on me to bring you safely to our village, and no, I can't elaborate on that.”

After Anaidni morphs into an Abirac, the group sets off down the mountain, whilst the Ruby group is making good time as it too heads towards where the Liagiba live. As they do, Rikki is rather concerned. She’s heard what Ruby said – about them being here fore a purpose – but, of course, Rikki, Cleo & Joey aren’t only human – i.e. what if the aliens who live here are as keen to dissect the mermaids as “Dr Baywatch Babe.”

The Rachel group reaches the bottom of the mountain, and Anaidni changes, once more, into his humanoid form. He leads Gypsy et al through the farmland that is beside the Liagiba settlement. There are all kinds of tress and plants from which the Liagiba get all their food from. After seeing all the plant life, Rachel is curious, as is Emma. They are pretty intrigued when Anaidni tells them that the Liagiba are what humans would call vegetarians – gaining all the minerals etc that their bodies need by eating fruit & veges and no meat of any kind.

Gypsy, Anaidni and the others make it to the front of the Liagiba settlement and are told that it shouldn’t be too long before Ruby is here as well. Rachel & her friends look at the ancient Rome style buildings behind them. The human quartet are ALL curious bout this civilisation, this species, but they also respect the wishes of Anaidni when he tells them that they must wait in front of the village [and not got into it] til Ruby et al arrive. Even though she’s a mum of 3, Gypsy’s still a feisty as ever and is the MOST keen for Ruby & co to arrive – and it’s not long before Gypsy gets her wish, as Ruby & her friends are steadily getting closer & closer to the alien settlement. They mostly ran or jogged all the way from the top of the hill near the lake to the buildings ahead of them.

In front of the Liagiba settlement, Emma realises something …..

Emma “Anaidni, are any of your people at the lake today?”

Anaidni “No. All have been told to stay within our village whilst you humans are here.”

Emma IMMEDIATELY starts running…. and Rachel, Gypsy & Bella see what Emma has noticed. There are humans in the distance.

Toned, athletic Emma barely raises a sweat as she runs FULL THROTTLE for at least 20 minutes before she steadily slows her pace and come to a halt. Gypsy, Rachel & Bella EVENTUALLY catch up to where Emma stopped – and ALL are OVERJOYED at what they are seeing. Rikki, as her group runs, sees Emma & the others. Rikki picks up her running pace. The grassy ground still seems quite firm, so crash tackling her beloved Emma with a hug isn’t the best idea …. even for the usually quite “in the moment” Rikki.

Rikki steadily slows herself down and comes to a stop virtually inch prefect in front of Emma. The 2 blonde mermaids eagerly hug each other …. before they start PASHING like there’s no tomorrow, caressing each other’s bodies as they do. Feels SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beyond GREAT to be seeing, sensually touching each other for the 1st time after 10 day here on Drahnrae. Rikki though IS a tad surprised when, after a number of minutes, Emma starts to pull way from their UBER kiss.

Rikki “Em, what did you do THAT for? I could have kissed you for another few HOURS …. at least.”

Emma [sexy voice] “Yeah. That was sooooooo naughty of me, wasn’t it?”

Rikki [after “waking up”] “OH !!! Yes it was. [VERY stern voice] Turn around, young lady.”

Emma [gleefully] “Gladly.”

After Emma turns around, Rikki [with QUITE a backswing] SPANKS her g/f’s briefs clad backside !!!!!!!!!

Emma [looking over her shoulder] “That felt SOOOOOO good. NO ONE spanks me like you do, Rikki.”

Rikki [cheeky voice] “And DON”T you forget it.”

Emma [after turning around to face her lover] “Want to kiss more?”

Rikki “Thought you’d NEVER ask.”

As the blonde duo launch into another game of tonsil hockey, Cleo & Bella also waaaaaaaaaaaay kiss and caress each other. All 4 mermaids just “know” that their kinky 4some is over, but it’s oh so good that it’s now just 2 UBER loving couples. Whilst Rikki & Emma and Cleo & Bella are lip locked, Rachel introduces Gypsy to Ruby & Joey – and Ruby tells Rach about thinking that this has something to do with her diabetes.

Ruby surprises Rachel, Emma, Gypsy & Bella when she bursts into song ……

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHO says “Traipsing across a dry lake bed gets EVERYTHING nice & sweaty.“ ???

WHY is Ruby thinking about being home schooled ???

Red Ranger 1, in the action below, we get even closer to discover what’s going on … why Ruby & co are here.

belgshep, I LOVE that, for all the TALK of Emma loving to be spanked, when Rikki did so in ep 17, it’s the 1st time in this story that Emma actually got spanked.

Btw, from now to the end of this fic [the "movie legth" episode 21], I’ll be posting DAILY !!!!! ……so the finale will be uploaded on Wednesday, 22/12/10 !!!!

EIGHTEEN

Ruby [sings] Hello, RC. This is Ruby, can you hear me?”

Ruby clone [near the surf club, sings] “Loud & clear, Rubes. How are you?”

Ruby [sings] “BIG news !!!! Tell everyone that Em & Bella AND Rachel Armstrong & Gypsy Nash are here. Rikki & Em and Bella & Cleo are PASHING as we speak. What’s going on there?”

Ruby clone [sings] “Aside form the greatness & weirdness of knowing that there are EIGHT of you there and that you are all safe, I can tell you that Nicole’s listening in to this “chat” via a transceiver like Charlie has.”

Ruby [sings] “Cooool that my bestie cares bout me soooooo much. We’re in sight of a civilisation – so hopefully we'll be home soon. Will tell you more when I have more news. Send my love to everyone. Later, RC.”

Ruby clone [sings] “Likewise, Rubes.”

+++

Gypsy, Ruby and the others quickly make their way to the front of the settlement. There is now another Liagiba male standing beside Anaidni. Cleo is especially taken aback by the sight of the humanoids …..

Cleo “GOSH !!! You're aliens … like REAL aliens.”

Anaidni “Greetings, Cleo.”

Cleo “You know my name?!?”

Anaidni “Bella’s “slightly” been raving bout you. [much more official tone] Dr Rachel & friends, this is my species leader. His name is Kcivrah.”

Kcivrah “Welcome to our planet. It’s VERY good that you've made it here MOSTLY in 1 piece. My apologies Gypsy, but thank you for showing us that your species is compassionate – when you helped the injured Abirac.”

Gypsy “You’re welcome. [pause] Do you have an official title, like Prime Minister or the like?”

Kcivrah “No. We don't have ANYTHING as formal as that here.”

Gypsy ”I can SEE that. I can’t imagine, or maybe I don’t EVER want to see, one of our leaders back home as undressed as this. Thinking bout it, actually I HAVE … [dire look on her face] Tony Abbott.” [see below]

Rikki “That reminds me. What's the deal with this planet? I went to bed naked and I wake up 3 hours later with my clothes back ON. Like, why??? ….AND what’s the boundary? It’s like, we’ve all been briefly naked here - whilst washing our clothes. Traipsing across a dry lake bed gets EVERYTHING nice & sweaty. Yeah so, what’s the deal?”

Kcivrah “The longest ANY of my species has been sans clothing is 2 hours. We’ve been dressed like this for as long as we’ve kept historical records here. Records which go back over MANY centuries. We suspect that we are so “at one” with this planet, it can sense when things are different - like when we are naked for long periods of time.”

Joey [kinda tentatively] “Speaking of which, apologies for being underdressed compared to the rest of you. We’ve not seen any of your females, but am I showing too much skin?”

Kcivrah [diplomatically] “You weren’t to know that we would bring you to our world when you went to sleep the night before we did. Actually, you MIGHT start a new trend of dressing. Our records how that, centuries ago, my species dressed as scantily as you are now. [pause] Any more questions, before we get to the heart to why you are here?”

Ruby “Just one. Well, it’s more of a thank you actually … for allowing me to contact, through singing, my clone on our home world.”

Kcivrah [after both he & Anaidni look intrigued] “We DON'T have interstellar communications like that. Whatever you did Ruby, YOU did it.”

Joey “Looks like we mermaids aren’t the only magical people on this planet.”

Joey hugs her stepdaughter and kisses her on the cheek, whilst Rikki looks relieved - Joey said the M word and the Liagiba don’t even a little bit look like they want to dissect us.

Rachel [slightly tentatively] “Kcivrah, why ARE we here?”

Kcivrah “To best explain that, I’ll introduce you to our top scientist. [calls out] Irarref, would you join us?”

An adult female Liagiba exits the building closest to the front of the village. Like Ruby told Joey, Rikki & Cleo earlier, the Liagiba woman has breasts [with a bra like top covering them]. Emma & the others note that Irarref is slightly shorter that both Kcivrah & Anaidni, but she’s still double the height of the 2 adult humans.

Irarref “Dr Rachel, Ruby, friends. Welcome to our world. Now, if you’d all like to come with me, I’ll show you WHY you are here.”

Rachel, Ruby & the other humans walk - with Irarref, Kcivrah and Anaidni – down what seems to be the main street of the Liagiba settlement. Joey & her friends see many of the alien humanoids [men, women AND children] sneaking a look out of the buildings at the 8 humans. Rachel is in 2 minds about this – peering occasionally at the Liagiba who are sneaking a look at her & her friends, but she’s mostly pondering WHY she is on this oh so foreign world called Drahnrae. Rachel is also VERY keen to keep being side by side with Kcivrah et al - as it would feel sooo weird to look, at eye level, at the backside of an alien leader or scientist.

Ruby’s mind is elsewhere. The Liagiba [especially their leader] being in what we call underwear makes Ruby even more “at home” in hers. Ruby is thinking, as she continues to walk down the main street of the alien village, that when she returns to Earth, maybe she’ll have to sign up to school by correspondence OR be home schooled – so she can ALWAYS be only in a bikini or her underwear.

The group reaches a big building at the far end of the settlement. After Anaidni opens the door, they all go inside and ........

It’s quite a sight to see HUNDREDS of what Irarref refers to as cryostasis pods !!!!!!!

Rachel [kinda tentatively] “What’s in those pods?”

Irarref “Walk with me.”

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY does Ruby say “But that’s impossible.” ???

WHO says “We should be able to help speed up the process.” ???

Tony Abbott is the Federal government opposition leader in Australia. He’s quite into exercise and has been seen countless times in just his swimmers ….

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...sa=N&tab=iw

Red Ranger 1, that line by Cleo is a bit of homage to another character that Phoebe Tonkin [who plays Cleo] has portrayed, Fiona Maxwell from "Tomorrow, When Te War Began”, i.e. Fi's friend Ellie Linton comments that “Fi is the only person under 60 I know that says gosh”. As for why Rachel & co are on the alien world, see below.

Belgshep, Ruby & her clone being able to communicate with each other is loosely based on when Alex in “Elephant Princess” found just the right frequency to get back to Manjipoor when Anala wasn’t on Earth, i.e. “Referring to the runes and Kuru's parchments she recognises the magic that Manjipoor's founders used to protect the kingdom, may be the key to allowing her to connect with Anala and break the barrier between the worlds. With the help of Amanda, J.B. some serious amplifiers, and all of her magic, Alex does the impossible — she uses magic to transport herself and Kuru back to Manjipoor!”

NINETEEN

Rachel & Irarref take several steps forward – til they are right beside 1 of the pods. Irarref touches a button on its top – which demists the pod’s clear glass-like cover. Rachel sees an adult female Liagiba inside.

Rachel “Is there people in ALL of these pods?”

Irarref “Yes. There is a man, woman or child in each of the 248 pods. That’s a QUARTER of our population.”

Ruby “What’s happened to them all? Actually, maybe I don’t want to know.”

Irarref “They are all in cryostasis. They’re all alive, but are in what your species refers to as a diabetic coma.”

Joey “You were right, Ruby. This IS about your diabetes!!!!!”

Irarref “Quick history lesson. We’ve NEVER has any disease here for as long as we’ve kept historical records. People here have always just died of old age – until 2 years ago. A few of our people, all quite young, passed away – after falling into a diabetic coma. When more people died in similar circumstances, we started using – to keep our people alive - a modified version of the freezing technique we use to keep the abundance of food that grows during our warmer mouths fresh. We unforunatlely “lost” a dew more people when we were trying to perfect the cryofreeze process. Myself & all the other scientists on our world COULDN'T discover a cure, so because we’ve not had contact with any species that doesn’t live on our planet, we set about inventing some scanning space technology. We figured there MUST be another species in the universe with this problem too, so we built a satellite and sent it out into the universe – to look for something like this. After a while, the satellite encountered your home world – just days before Ruby went into her diabetic coma. It’s taken a while since them for us to develop and perfect the teleportation and cloning technology to get you all here.”

Gypsy “That is SOOOOO heavy.”

Rachel “What can we do to help?”

Irarref “The key MUST be in Ruby’s blood work.”

Ruby “But you gave me all the tools for me to keep my diabetes in check.”

Irarref “We observed all 8 of you through the scanner on the satellite – and then, for your time here, supplied you with the essentials that you rely on. We had NO idea what those essentials are for though.”

Cleo “Just out of curiosity, what’s the power source for the pods?’

Kcivrah “Thermal power – straight from the planet’s core.”

Joey “VERY eco friendly.”

Rachel “Indeed. Now, I take it that Ruby’s blood work will be compared to one of the people in the pods AND a member of your species who’s not in the pods – to compare all 3 and then get all your people back in the land of really living?”

Irarref “Correct.”

Rachel “Let’s get started then. Ruby, I’d say roll up your sleeve ..…”

Ruby [cutting in, with a smiley voice] “But that’s impossible.”

After Rachel takes a sample of Ruby’s blood, Rachel, Irarref & Adlitam [irarref’s male assistant] set about taking a sample form a healthy Liagiba and a human – and whilst Anaidni eagerly offers to have a sample of his blood taken, Rachel wonders whom of her species will volunteer ….

Gypsy [kinda cheeky voice, thinking of when she was attacked here on Drahnrae] “I’ll do it. It’s not like this planet hasn’t ALREADY taken enough of my blood.”

Irarref [who’s concerned about getting a viable blood sample of one of the diseased Liagiba] “This won’t be a very quick process. We figure that it will take several hours to get ANY of the people in the pods into a condition where their blood is flowing enough to get an accurate sample for the comparison.”

Rikki “We should be able to help speed up the process. Do you have any water nearby?”

Adlitam “I’ll get some.”

After Adlitam collects a full clear jug of water [from the purified bore water drinking fountain close by], Irarref is curious about what Rikki could mean. The pigtailed blonde raises her right arm. The palm of her hand, with the fingers all splayed, is directly above the jug of water that Adlitam got for her. Rikki uses her powers to evaporate ¾ of the water in the jug.

Rikki “Cleo, it’s your turn now.”

Cleo raises her arm so it’s directly in line with the jug. She uses her powers to turn the water that remained [after Rikki used her powers] back into a FULL jug of water.

Kcivrah “Most impressive !!!”

Irarref ”How ….. is that even possible?”

Emma “Myself, Rikki, Cleo, Bella & Joey are mermaids …. with powers over the h2o.”

Bella “We’re just like Anaidni. A rarity on our world. Actually, I never did ask. How many of your species can shape shift like you?”

Anaidni “There are only 13 of us – mostly members of just 3 families. It seems to be a rare genetic glitch.”

Kcivrah “My son Llahnairda is one of them. Neither myself or my beloved Isela can shape shift, but several of Isela’s ancestors – including her grandfather - had the ability to do so.”

Irarref “Ruby, this must by why your group got her more quickly than we thought you would.”

Ruby “Yeah. Rikki & Cleo swam across the lake and then Joey created an ice bridge using her mermaid powers – so we could all, especially me, travel across the lake pretty quickly. Joey can also heat water like Rikki can – and maneuver it like Cleo.”

Irarref “Although two of you have this … amazing ability to heat water, I recommend only one of you do so to test if your theory will work.”

Rikki “Cleo, remember what we did when my oh so SPANAKBLE Em froze Miriam that time by accident?”

Emma “I’m NEVER going to live that down, am I?”

Cleo “Just proves you’re human.”

Rachel “Before you two start, I’m wondering how all of this happened?”

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY does Irarref say “Rachel, are you saying what I think you’re saying?” ???

WHO says “She’s in VERY safe hands, Kcivrah.” ???

Miriam …when Emma froze her AND Rikki & Cleo using their powers to get her back to the land of the living !!!!

miriam.jpg

M2.jpg

M3.jpg

Red Ranger 1, see below for when everything falls into place.

Also, re the mermaids & their powers, I’ve got a few ideas for another fic with Rikki et al in Summer Bay. IF everything comes together, I should start to post it here in late 2011.

TWENTY

Iraffef “It seems that everything has been caused by a new hybrid food that we created. We’ve been eating a variety of the same foods for ages – so it was quite an occasion to have a new taste sensation. A food we call a H'trowyah. We THINK it’s the issue here, as although everyone ate the new food, there’s only part of our population have become ill – some of them fatally.”

Ruby “I take it that you didn’t include those …. H'trowyah amongst the rations you gave us. I say that because I’ve not have any real troubles with my sugar levels whilst I’ve been here.”

Irarref “We DID include the new food – in case it’s not the thing causing all of this.”

Rachel “Thanks for the heads up about your med sitch. I’d say we should get going getting the other blood samples – whilst Rikki & Cleo are getting at least one of the infected people up to a sufficient tempearture to get an accurate sample of their blood.”

Cleo “Before we start doing this, it will soooo help me to know WHO is the pod that I'm standing beside. Like, what’s their name? Their background?”

Kcivrah [trying to control his emotions] “The woman in the pod is ...... my beloved Isela.”

Emma “She’s in VERY safe hands, Kcivrah. Rikki & Cleo were SUBLIME when they unfroze Miriam.”

Kcivrah “That’s MOST reassuring to know.”

Nearby, Irarref takes a sample of Anaidni’s blood, and Rachel is about to get a sample from Gypsy when …..

Rachel "I keep wanting to say “Roll up your sleeve”. [pause] Actually, I just thought of something. Kcivrah, this could ALL be about what you said bout the planet knowing that humanoids should be a certain way. Its like, when my friends & I 1st awoke here, we were surprised that we were in our underwear – but then we got used to it. I’m wondering if it’s your PLANET that is doing this.”

Kcivrah “How do you mean?’

Rachel “I suspect the people in the pods are in a diabetic coma as they’ve got blood sugar levels much less that those of you who aren’t. 2 questions. How sweet is the new food? AND do you personally like it?”

Kcivrah “It’s sweeter than anything we’re grown here before but after what Ruby said earlier, I realise that can’t be the problem. Re your 2nd question, I DO enjoy it. Why?”

Rachel “Did Isela … or anyone else in the pods?”

Kcivrah “Actually, no. She wasn't that keen.”

Irarref “Rachel, are you saying what I think you’re saying?”

Rachel “I think I am. Irarref, I take it you like the new food. Do you have family, friends in the pods who don’t?’

Irarref “I DO …. to BOTH questions. [pause] We should have thought of this sooner”

Kcivrah “WE did this?”

Rachel “Kind of. From what I’m hearing AND the fact that, aside form the initial shock, I’ve felt “at home” in my just underwear here, THIS is why everything’s happened. Your planet has sensed the increased sugar levels in most people’s blood stream because of the new food – and because the people in the pods didn’t like the new food, their levels are mush less. Your planet, which is used to equilibrium, hasn’t handled it. There’s SUCH a disparity now that it can’t cope with. It’s like, your planet changed the clothing, or LACK of clothing in especially Rikki’s case – when it wouldn’t let her be as naked for as long as she would have liked - of the 8 of us that you brought here as 8 people compared to over 1000 isn’t that much, but when a QUARTER of your population is different to the rest of you, that’s a BIG amount … and THAT’S why your people in stasis are the way they are. Now, if I’m right, we need to get the blood sugar levels of these people up the levels of those of you who aren’t in stasis …. and THEN your people have to make a choice to make”.

Irarref “You’re saying we need to keep ALL our sugar levels about the same?”

Rachel “YES. By either the people who like the new food eating much much less of it, or compromise of some kind - like the people who like the food eating less and those that don’t eating more – to get … I guess you’d call it consensus. [pause] Before all that though, we need to get an average of the healthy people’s blood sugar levels. A sample size of 50 will hopefully give us a good baseline average – and we’ll test, say, 30 adults & 20 children. Half form each sex – with a variety of ages. Do you have any equipment that we could measure the levels with?”

Irarref “No, that kind of equip have never been needed.”

Rachel “Ruby, could we use the machine you us to test your levels?”

Ruby “Sure. So this IS truly about my diabetes.”

Rachel “In many respects, yes.”

Kcivrah calls upon volunteers for the tests and a sample group is quickly chosen amongst the MANY Liagiba who are keen to have their loved ones healthy again. For Rachel, its intriguing that most if not all the alien children are the same height as her [especially the teens]. Rachel, Irarref & the other Liagiba scientists quickly ascertain that most of the 50 test results have fallen within a very close range, but because they know that getting samples from EACH of the many MANY people in the pods will take a while [even with Rikki & Cleo assisting the stasis pods re-heating process], Rachel is keen to get a bigger sample range from the healthy people. Another 100 are tested – and the blood sugar levels of all 150 [include Kcivrah & Llahnairda] all still fall within a very close range, which is a great thing as now Rachel, Irarref et all REALLY has a solid baseline average to bring the people in the pods’ blood sugar level up to.

Rachel, Irarref & the others begin the more difficult task – getting the sugar levels of all the people on the pods up to the same levels as those not in the pods. They know this won’t be so easy, as the pod people have a much bigger variation in their blood sugar levels than those who feasted on the sweet new taste sensation.

There’s a tense level of anticipation for everyone in the cryostasis building [including a member of the family of each of those in the pods] as the final phase of this process to bring the pod people back to life begins. The cryo pods steady deactivation sequence has began. Rachel & the Liagiba scientists are sure they’ve got EVERYONE in the pods on the same [sugar level] "page” as everyone else, but until the pods are completely deactivated, no one is 100% sure what will occur.

TO BE CONCLUDED !!!!!

PREVIEW

In the MASSIVE finale …..

WHO says “I ESPECIALLY remember the AWESOME make up sex we had after that !!!!!” ???

WHAT makes Cleo “over the moon” ???

WHERE does the BIG celebration takes place ???

WHY does Charlie say “You can do just about ANYTHING you want to right now.” ???

Archived