DRAHNRAE

Guest JosieTash

Story Title: DRAHNRAE

Type Of Story: Long Fic

Main Characters: Ruby, Gypsy, Rachel, Joey, Charlie, Bella, Cleo, Emma & Rikki.

BTTB Rating: T/A

Genre: Mystery, Action, Fantasy

Does story incl spoilers: No

Any warnings: sexual references [i.e. same sex ‘ships]

Summary:

Ruby, Gypsy, Rachel, Joey and their friends are on VERY foreign soil. The fate of MANY is in their hands !!!!!!!

“DRAHNRAE” [which takes place in late 2010] is the sequel to “Another You, Another Me, Another Now” [AYAMAN] ……. so here’s a brief recap of that fic …….

A plane [with Annie & Jai aboard] crashed in ocean near the Bay. The crash landing was made less severe by Bella, Cleo & Rikki [the mermaids form “h2o – just add water!”] using their water powers. Miles captured the rescue on film and the 4 mermaids [incl Emma] moved to the Bay – after EVERYONE Bayside agreed to keep their mer-secret. The secret though was almost exposed – when Martha [who couldn’t afford to pay the mortgage on her farm] tried to hack into the computer with the crash footage. In the end, Cleo brokered a deal with Martha - and the mermaids & Martha now co-own and work at an adult shop in Yabby Creek called Sexy Tales.

Also, Jarlie [Charlie/Joey] got MARRIED!!! …. and after the ceremony, Emma gave Joey a special wedding present – cryptic clues of how to become a mermaid !!!!

AYAMAN link ……………….. http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38860

EPISODE 1 !!!!!!!

RUBY BUCKTON lies in bed with her eyes closed. Its morning and she’s awake – but she’s not keen to face the day. Ruby has a BIG exam at school today – and she’s soooooo not ready for it. Although her eyes are closed, Ruby notes that it seems a LOT lighter in her room than it should be, especially since there’s talk of it raining today.

Ruby decides she’s stalled enough. She better get up and face the day. Ruby opens her eyes and is SHOCKED ….. as above her is NOT her room’s ceiling, but a clear blue sky!!!!!!! Ruby blinks a few times – no, it doesn’t appear to be a dream. She tentatively sits up in bed – and can now see all the way to the HORIZON !!! …. and if that isn’t enough, the ground tween her and the horizon isn’t like anything she’s seen before. It kinda looks like soil, but its mauve in colour. Ruby pinches herself. It hurts - so again, she’s not dreaming. Ruby wonders what on earth is going on???

Ruby realises that the bed she is in is merely a mattress that’s on the ground. She’s also in her underwear, i.e. just a bra & briefs. Ruby is sure she was fully clothed when she went to bed last night. She is trying to stay calm – as freaking out won’t help her sitch. After all, even IF she’s been kidnapped, why isn’t she bound & gagged?, what's with the mauve soil? AND with seeing all the way to the horizon?

Ruby tentatively looks to her right. There's another mattress on the ground – and there's at least 1 person under a VERY familiar blanket on the bed. Come to think of it, Ruby’s currently partly covered by the blanket form her OWN bed. Ruby gets out of bed and goes over to other one. There’s just 1 person in it. That’s kinda really weird, Ruby thinks. The blanket is from her mother’s bed but the only person under the covers is Ruby’s stepmom.

Ruby [LOUDLY] “Joey, wake up !!!!!”

Within a ½ a minute, JOEY COLLINS starts to stir - so Ruby says “Stepmom, I REALLY hope you’re wearing ruby slippers right now.”

Joey sits up and stretches her arms. After she yawns, Joey opens her eyes – and sees the same things as Ruby. Having Rubes there is some comfort, but Joey immediately thinks bout Charlie. Where is she? Joey refocusses – where are she & Ruby?!?

The 2 of them see another mattress – with 2 females in it. Again, the blanket looks familiar. The dark hair that one of the girls has can only mean 1 thing – its Ruby & Joey’s easy going, science minded good friend CLEO SERTORI, but which of Cleo’s 3 blonde g/f’s is beside her??? Rubes & Joey tentatively wake the teen duo – its feisty, sceptical RIKKI CHADWICK who’s cuddled up with Cleo.

When Cleo & Rikki are wide awake, all 4 girls are [in their minds] FREAKING out bout the weirdness of the sitsh – and that includes Joey, Rikki & Cleo realising that they, like Ruby, are in their underwear. However, that’s strange for the trio as they all, as usual, went to bed naked last night. Of all this makes Joey thinks of her beloved Charlie, whilst Rikki is REALLY worried that, somehow, this is ALL an illusion – and that they’ve actually been captured by marine biologist Dr Linda Denman. Rikki knows that Martha is on the run with Hugo – maybe they’ve hit BIG trouble, and Martha has “sold out” Rikki and her friends.

Ruby realises there’s a backpack for each of the 4 girls near their beds. As Rubes touches the 'pack next to where she slept, there’s a surge of energy through her body - like an electric shock, but not hurtful in any way. There’s also a thought in her mind now – a thought NOT of her own volition. She holds off saying anything bout that thought for now though.

Ruby [as she opens her ‘pack] “Guys, take a look in your backpacks.”

Joey [after she, Rikki & Cleo unzip their ‘packs] “There’s food in here … I think. It looks kinda like fruit, but no fruit I’ve ever seen before.”

Cleo [holding a clear plastic-like bottle] “And whatever this red liquid is.”

Rikki “This is strange. There’s body wash in here.”

Ruby “And the weirdness continues. In my ‘pack, there’s all the things I need to keep my diabetes in check.”

Cleo “Sounds like whoever/whatever dumped us here REALLY knows us – what we need to survive. Although, it would have been GREAT if there were clothes in these ‘packs too.”

Rikki “I “second” that.”

Ruby “Hey, from what the three of you said earlier, they GAVE you all clothes …. and took them from me. Oh, and stepmom, I don’t know if I really WANT to ask this, but I will. Whilst Rikki, Cleo & I are wearing conventional, CONSERVATIVE, covering-ALL-of-the-essentials bra & briefs, what ARE you almost wearing???”

Joey [in a skimpy, UBER sexy all-but-see-though black bra & g-string] “It’s just the BEST, isn’t it!!! Your mum bought it for me yesterday afternoon at Sexy Tales, so you can blame her. I sooooooo LOVE it !!!Rikki, I can imagine you’re thinking of Em when you see my bare backside.”

Rikki responds with a BIG smile – as she thinks of the MANY times she AND her g/f Emma have enjoyed it when Rikki sensually spanked Emma’s awesome arse.

Ruby “Getting back to what Cleo said …. bout whoever providing for us. When I touched my backpack, I got this foreign thought in my head. We HAVE to go …….. THAT way [as Ruby points north east, at an angle which is the equivalent of 2 o’clock on an analogue watch.]”

Joey “Let’s go then, as that sounds like the BEST way for me to be back in Charlie’s arms.”

Ruby “O M G !!! Does everyone realise how BIG this is??? Our families, our friends. Charlie’s going to be having kittens – with Joey & I having literally dropped of the face of the planet …. and Rikki & Cleo, your families and g/f’s”

Joey “That’s WHY we should get moving.”

Rikki “No offence Ruby, but I’m not so sure bout just following your lead. Cleo, this place DOES look all weird & foreign, but what’s your “reading” on it?”

Cleo crouches, and runs her hand over the ground near her, before picking up a small sample form the surface.

Cleo “Feels like we’re on a dry lake bed. [she tastes a small sample of the “soil”] Yeah, tastes kinda like salt, but this is a mineral I’ve NEVER seen or heard of before. I think we should go with Ruby’s suggestion.”

Rikki “I’m not entirely “sold” on this, but I want to get home – to Em & Bella & my dad.”

Cleo “It’s settled then – but before we go, I wonder if this red liquid is what I think it is.”

Joey [after opening one of the several clear bottles in her pack] “Cleo, mind if i?”

Cleo “Not at all.”

Joey raises her right arm and slowly manipulated her fingers. The red liquid began to rises in a column out of the bottle. Joey’s plan is a SUCCESS, so she also uses her mermaid powers to undo what she done.

Joey “It’s water alright. It’s red!!!!, but it’s water.”

Rikki “AND you just proved that our powers work here.”

Ruby [after taking a sip of the liquid] “Tastes mostly like water too.”

Cleo “Makes sense. MAUVE salt lake bed, RED water. Now, where’s Toto when you need him.”

After the 4 friends laugh, they all roll up their thin-ish mattresses [each of whish has a built in pillow] before they eat some of the tasty alien food for breakfast. As the group eat, Cleo & Rikki kiss several times AND they all determine they’ve each got enough supplies [food, water etc] for a week. It encourages Ruby & her friends– as hopefully, that’s all the time there is tween them and civilisation [or at least some more food] on this foreign world. When the girls finish their meal, they pick up their bedding & backpacks, and as they head off in the direction Ruby suggested, Joey VERY enthusiastically says, “Let’s set a course … for HOME.”

+++

Elsewhere on that same alien planet, GYPSY NASH wakes suddenly !!!!!! – and falls out of bed onto the ground.

A strange noise startled Gypsy – and that’s not the ONLY thing that’s startling. After she stands up, Gypsy dusts the dirt of her arms and legs AND from other places – like her stomach. Gypsy tries to keep clam but it’s not easy. She’s unexpectedly in a forest, was sleeping in hammock AND is in her underwear!!! Gypsy can hear what sounds like a stream nearby – and although the many many trees around her look like normal tress, Gypsy sooooooo ISN'T on a camping trip – she went to sleep last night in her own bed in her own house, with husband Will Smith beside her.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHO are the other humans in that forest ???

WHY does Gypsy say “I bet that old duck “DIED” when she 1st saw you?” ???

“h2o – just add water!” info/character profiles

Joey, Emma, Cleo , Rikki & Bella are ordinary humans most of the time, but ten seconds after contact with water, they transform into mermaids. Oh, and Joey has the ability to freeze, heat and manipulate water

Emma Gilbert [played by Claire Holt] has a confident and responsible, if somewhat controlling, personality. She is also quite athletic. Emma has the ability to freeze water, and later develops the ability to manipulate clouds, ice and snow. Her water power is activated when her arm is pointed, with her hand like a stop sign, towards what she is going to freeze etc.

Cleo Sertori [portrayed by Phoebe Tonkin – who played pet shop girl Adrian recently in H&A] was at first shy and a little awkward, but has become outgoing and personable. She also has a keen interest in science. Cleo is able to manipulate and mould the form of water, as well as increase or decrease the amount of water present. She is later able to control the wind. Her power is activated when her arm is pointed towards what she is going to mould etc - with her fingers being minorly manipulated [like she’s turning on a tap].

Rikki Chadwick [played by Cariba Heine] tends to be aloof, sceptical, quick witted and rebellious. Her power is the ability to manipulate heat in water, ranging from warming to boiling, which eventually grows to allow control over fire and lightning. Her water power is activated when her arm is pointed towards what she is going to boil etc with her fingers splayed when she trying to minorly heat water and her fingers balled to form a fist if she REALLY REALLY trying to heat water.

Isabella "Bella" Hartley [portrayed by Indiana Evans] is a bubbly, infectious ball of energy who’s easy to talk to. She is well travelled [her parents have managed hotels all around the world] and is VERY mature for her age. Bella became a mermaid in the sea caves of Ireland when she was nine, and has the power to change water into gelatine and a crystalline substance. Her power is activated when her arm is pointed, with a twisting Spiderman like motion, towards what she is trying to jelly etc

Emma, Cleo, Rikki & Bella

PO4.jpg

the underwear & backpack look

DRAHNRAE-esque.jpg

the sought of terrain the Ruby group are in

20081218-dry-lake.jpg

Rikki, Cleo & Bella swimming

A2swim.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOOOOO glad that you’re enjoying my latest fic – which has been a while in the planning/drafting [to the point where, when I started this, Angelo was still a cop in onscreen H&A].

Belsghep, although I’m glad I went with the mysterious fic title that I did, I could have called this “Home and Far, Far Away”

Red Ranger 1, its soooooooooo coooool have ppl from 2 of my fave shows interact like this…. although it’s probably a good thing [maybe] that feisty Gypsy & Rikki aren’t in the same group.

Hope you continue to enjoy !!!!

TWO

Gypsy is encouraged when she sees another 2 hammocks, with what appear to be human females on them, nearby. There are 2 people on one of them, and 1 person on the other. Gypsy walks over to the hammock with that lone [dark haired] female, and ….

Gypsy [tentatively] “Wake up ........ Hello, wake up.”

No response. Several thoughts run though Gypsy’s mind - this woman’s obviously a deep sleeper AND could this day GET any worse??? Gypsy shakes the woman’s shoulder and RACHEL ARMSTRONG slowly begins to stir.

Gypsy “Don’t move too fast. You’re in a hammock”.

Rachel doesn’t recognise the voice, so she moves rather suddenly. The hammock starts to sway rapidly, but Gypsy is able to stop Rachel from falling out.

Gypsy “Hi. I’m Gypsy, and I say AGAIN, you’re in a HAMMOCK”

Rachel slowly sits up – before she gets out of “bed” and stands close, but not to close, to the blood nut who woke her.

Rachel [said in quick fire succession] “Hi, WHO are you? WHERE are we? WHY are you in your underwear?”

Gypsy “The name’s Gypsy and I have NO idea where we are. Oh, and …. I’m NOT the only one just in bra & briefs.”

Rachel [realising its true] “Wish I’d WORN better undies”

Rachel also realises something else ….

Rachel “I’m Rachel, btw and .....I’ve seen you before. We didn’t meet, but I was at your “wedding”. The photo shoot for the Bay Babes calendar in late 2006.” [see KMA link below]

Gypsy “You’re from Summer Bay?”

Rachel “I lived there for a number of years. I only left the Bay about 6 months ago. So, what do you think is going on? Has someone kidnapped us and then dumped us in the middle of a forest?”

Gypsy “Your guess is as good as mine, but there’s another 2 girls sleeping in the hammock over there” [as Gypsy point to her left].

Rachel & Gypsy walk over to the other hammock and ….

Rachel “I recognise that blanket - but which two blondes are we dealing with? [she takes a closer look at the faces of the women in question]. Emma, Bella. It’s Rachel. Wake up.”

It’s studious, athletic EMMA GILBERT who wakes 1st, and as the blonde’s eyes open …

Rachel “Em, you’re in a hammock - but I’m here and Bella’s here.”

Emma wonders to herself – a hammock??? WHAT!!!!! and it’s strange that Rachel’s waking me, but Rach wouldn’t lie. Assured by her last thought, Emma urges the VERY mature for her age BELLA HARTLEY to wake – warning her g/f of their sitch as she does. Bella quickly stirs, and as Emma & Bella get out of the hammock, all 4 women hear a strange animal-like noise. Sounds like its pretty far away though, so the 2 teens concentrate on other things. In Emma’s case, that means looking above - to all the many tall trees surrounding her, whilst Bella realises the clothing sitch.

Bella “Why have I got underwear on??? I ALWAYS go to bed naked.”

Gypsy “I don’t know you, but I’m guessing you don’t often sleep in a hammock either”.

Rachel “Good point … about not knowing people. Gypsy, meet Emma Gilbert & Bella Hartley.”

Emma [tentatively] “Hi”

Bella [to Gypsy] “Hello. [Turns to Rachel] You know this woman?”

Rachel “She used to live in the Bay.”

Bella “Strange that we’ll all been Bayside at some point in our lives.”

Emma “But not AS strange as being … wherever we are. Oh, and I don’t know bout the rest of you, but I’m soooo NOT keen on traipsing to safety through a forest in just my undies. I think we should use some of the bigger tree leaves – to make skirts and the like.”

Bella “Good to know some things HAVEN”T changed. Em’s still logical & practical …… AND prudish when she’s not in bed. Em, you DO realise that it’s easier to uncover and SPANK that divine backside of yours this way.”

Emma [gleefully] “You are SO right.”

Emma kisses Bella, who eagerly reciprocates. The full on PASH confirms Gypsy’s suspicions bout the blonde duo, and when the kiss ends ….

Gypsy “Nice and kinky - with the spanking AND the kissing. I WAS about to ask if you 2 are togther, but no need for that now.”

Bella [proudly] “And that’s not all. There’s 2 more of us. Em & I are in a 4some – with awesome babes Cleo & Rikki.

Rachel “I can imagine that Colleen STILL has words to say to the 4 of you?’

Gypsy “Colleen …. Smart ??? [bella nods] An all girl 4some in Summer Bay!!! I bet that old duck “DIED” when she 1st saw you?”

Emma “Yeah. We publicity outed ourselves at the diner I SOOOO hope it’s not too long before we are back in civilisation. Rikki & Bella & Cleo are the BEST g/f’s a girl could EVER have!!!!”

Gypsy “I can imagine that my hubby Will is having “fun” right now with our daughters Lilly, Shannon & Rachel.”

Rachel “And my man Tony with our bub Harry”

The 4 girls begin to seriously look at their surroundings, and notice there are less tress in front of them that there is in the other directions. Also, Gypsy spots a backpack next to one of the trees that she was sleeping between. She alerts the others to the 'packs near their "beds", and its Rachel who is 1st to touch her ‘pack. There’ a surge of energy through her body.

Rachel “Guys, we NEED to find Ruby Buckton. She's somewhere near us. Well, not REALLY near us – but we HAVE to find her before we get home. Oh, and I also got this feeling that we’re in only bra & briefs for a reason. I don’t know why though”

Each of the quartet open their own backpack and discover various items inside – what looks like food [all ‘packs], body wash [Emma & Bella’s backpacks], a 1st aid kit [Rachel’s], a vet’s med kit [in Gypsy’s] and a 4 empty clear bottles each [all ‘packs].

Gypsy “This is weird. We’ve been dropped in the middle of …. wherever, and yet, I’ve been given the most important tools of my trade. I’m a veterinarian, btw.”

Rachel “Well now. That means we’ve got people AND animals covered, doctor wise.”

Emma “That’s PERFECT for Bella & I. [Gypsy looks perplexed.] Now, if my memory is correct, you’re related to Irene Roberts?”

Gypsy “Effectively.”

Bella “So you know our scaly secret?”

Gypsy “OH !!!!!! Yeah, you 2 are … what’s the codeword again?”

Rachel “Angels. [pause, as she listens to her surrounds] Now, I think I can hear a stream or river nearby. We should get some water and have some breckie before he set of to find Ruby. Btw, the stream is in the direction we need top go to find her.”

After the 4 women pack up their hammocks and grab their backpacks, they walk for about 5 minutes before they come across a creek. They are intrigued because of the colour of the water.

Gypsy “I KNOW that looks weird, but I DON’T think it’s the result of a bloodbath.”

Bella “One way to find out.”

Bella uses her powers to create 2 stepping stones in the creek.

Emma “Nice work, Bella. So, it’s got to be water.”

Gypsy “I’d heard what you girls can do, but to actually SEE you in action is amazing”.

Rachel [after tasting some of the liquid from the creek] “Yep. Tastes like water to me. I haven't got anything in my med kit to test it, but my taste test, AND what Bella did, is good enough for me.”

The group is eager to taste some of the food that they’ve been provided with. They each have about ½ of what looks kinda like an apple but it’s a LOTS more filling than an [Earth] apple, before Gypsy and her new friends fill up all the empty bottles in the ‘packs with water from te creek. As they do this …..

Emma “There must be more water in this forest. I don’t think, given what Rachel has said AND what we've been provided with, that whoever’s dumped us here would want us to perish.”

The quartet truly begins their journey to find Ruby by crossing the creek, with Emma & Bella using the stepping stones Bella created earlier. Its’ not long after that the forested ground they are travelling on starts to incline, but there’s seems like nowhere else they can go, so up they start to climb.

+++

Halfway tween the 2 groups, with Ruby et al to the right and the Gypsy group to the left, is an ancient Rome style settlement that is home to around 1000 humanoids from a species called the Liagiba.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY does Ruby say “Oh GOD !!!!! I feel like I’m going to be sick.” ???

WHO are the Liagiba ???

WHAT happens at night that brings unexpected joy to the Ruby group ???

“Kiss My Arse (And Other Poses)” …… Summary: Roo Stewart organises a risqué calendar - featuring most current & former SB females (former baysiders all rtn to the bay for the photo shoots) - as a unique way to REALLY get to know the daughter that she had adopted out all those years ago (Martha).

KMA link ………… http://www.backtothebay.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21138

Pics of the terrain the Gypsy group are in AND what Gypsy looks like now [from a magazine article earlier this year] – although she’s still a blood nut in my fic

Rachelgroup.jpg

scan0023-4.jpg

Red Ranger 1, hope the latest adventure below at least starts to answer your who/why questions. Oh, and whilst there’s specific reasons why some of the 8 have been abducted; for others, it’s case of changes occuring in their lives because of what happens on the foreign world.

Belgshep, sooooooooooooo glad you are enjoying, and yeah, those comments are soooooo Em & Gypsy. Glad you like the pics .... more of which are in this latest "episode “below.

THREE

IRARREF, an adult female, is her species’ best scientist. She is, in terms of appearance, a typical Liagiba, i.e. Irarref has an upside-down face and a multi colour floral type patterned skin – it’s [face & skin] been that way ever since Irarref’s body started to take form in her mother’s womb and will be that way until she dies. Every Liagiba is only dressed at all times in what humans call underwear and they are DOUBLE THE HEIGHT of a human the same age, e.g. Irarref is twice as tall as Rachel Armstrong. [see pics below]

The scientist is quite excited as she approaches her species’ leader, a male named KCIVRAH …….

Irarref “Sir, the 8 humans we teleported here are awake and have activated the motion sensors we placed on their backpacks. They are on their way towards us.”

Kcivrah “Good work. Let’s hope they are friendly AND can help us. What about the clones?”

Irarref “There were no problems with the procedure. The family & friends of the 8 we bought here WON”T be able to tell the difference tween the real thing and the clones that are now amongst them.”

Kcivrah “Good. I didn’t want to worry any of the people who are the friends of those we teleported here. GREAT work, Irarref. Keep me informed of the 2 groups’ progress.”

Irarref “Will do, Sir.”

+++

Many MANY galaxies away [in Summer Bay on Earth], married couple Jarlie are having breakfast with Ruby – at the “Hunter House” where they all live - when CHARLIE BUCKTON notes that her wife is yawning more often than usual.

Charlie “Joey, what’s up? We’ve been WAAAAAY more frisky in the past than we were last night and you’ve not been THIS tired the next day.”

Ruby [stressed] “Oh GOD !!!!! I feel like I’m going to be sick.”

Charlie [after being taken aback by her daughter’s comment] “Come on, Rubes. Joey & I ALWAYS talk to each other this way. What happened to that “you’re not my mum” mantra of yours?”

Ruby "Sorry. Wasn't commenting bout YOUR sitch. It’s the exam I’ve got at school today. I’ve studied all I can, but I’m still worried.”

Charlie “I just KNOW you’ll ace it”

Joey [after another yawn] “Me too. You’ll do GREAT, Rubes.”

Ruby [enthusiastically] “MANY thanks for the votes of confidence. [Pause] Stepmom, I agree with Charles. What’s the deal with all the yawning?”

Joey “Don’t know. I feel the way I would if I’ve got a headache, but my head’s not sore at all – if that makes sense. I’m hoping a swim will wake me up.”

Rikki [as she, Emma, Cleo & Bella enter the main part of the house – from their bedroom in the annexe] “Same here.”

Cleo “For ALL four of us too.”

Bella [after she yawns] “Yeah, sounds like Joey’s been as off kilter as my g/f’s & I this morning.”

Joey “That makes me feel a little better. Misery loves company and all that.”

Emma “I hope at least one of us “picks up” enough to work at our shop this morn.”

Charlie “We should all head out and have that swim. My Joey’s WAY too awesome to be unwell like this.”

Jarlie hug Ruby, wishing her the best once more for her exam, before Charlie and the 5 “Angels” exit the house.

Soon after, Joey & the others arrive at the secluded spot where they always begin their daily morning swim to Stewart’s Point and back – the rocks just beyond the surf beach’s rock pool. Charlie strips down to her bikini, and the 6 women dive into the water. As soon as they do, Joey, Emma, Rikki, Bella & Cleo [as always] transform into mermaids – and although Joey’s been this way for approaching a year now, Charlie is still AWESTRUCK every time she sees her beautiful wife’s golden tail. It’s not that long after the group begins its daily swim that things get even more intriguing for the 5 mer-girls – when Ronnie [a dolphin whose besotted with Cleo] approaches the group. Cleo is especially surprised the Ronnie ISN”T behaving the way he usually does. Indeed, the only one of the 6 he DOES act normally around [i.e. playfully but calm] is Charlie – but even with Ronnie behaving erratically, its still a GREAT morning swim, i.e. the 5 mermaids all feel more “with it” now. However, because things still aren’t 100% in the mer-verse, Charlie urges each of the 5 - especially her beloved Joey - to be cautious today.

+++

Meanwhile at SBH, Ruby [who is totally UNAFFECTED by the cloning process] chats to her bestie, Nicole. The blonde teen is surprised that Ruby is sounding a LOT more confident bout the exam today than she was when they were studying for it last night.

+++

Far FAR away, Joey, Cleo, Rikki & Ruby continue their journey across the oh-so-foreign dry lake bed. They are all intrigued that although it’s a very bright sunny day here, it doesn’t seem as hot as comparable day weather wise on Earth. The group realise there’s other distinct differences tween their home world and this alien planet. Its like, on this foreign world, the sun starts to set much earlier than they expect. Indeed, Joey comments that wherever they are must be closer to its sun that Earth is to its solar star. About ½ as close to be more precise – as the girls realise that this planet seem to around 6 hours of daylight, which should mean a complete day here is 12 hours.

The girls set up camp before the sun fully sets – and when it has, they discover further differences tween here & Earth. Although there are many many stars in the cloudless sky, none of them form the familiar constellations above their home world – like the Southern Cross. This planet also has THREE moons – and one of them is a FULL MOON. Thankfully, unlike on Earth, Rikki, Joey & Cleo aren’t affected by this full moon in any way. This isn’t only GREAT news for the 3 mermaids, but to Ruby as well – as having to deal with 3 moonstruck mer-girls on an alien planet would be “hilarious”.

Rikki suggests that the group should have sentries – 2 ppl guarding the camp whilst the others sleep. Ruby & Joey volunteer to be on duty 1st and neither of them is surprised when they see Cleo & Rikki get naked before the duo gets all kissy and cuddly under the covers. Whilst Rikki & Cleo sleep, Ruby & Joey, as well as watching the camp, talk bout various things - including how, although they are attired the way they are [bra & briefs], they aren’t cold at all. Joey & her stepdaughter also hope that this planet doesn’t have any carnivorous nocturnal … anything [animals, humanoids etc].

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY is there tension tween Rachel & Gypsy ???

WHO says “Looks like we’re on a prudish planet” ???

The Liagiba have faces & skin similar to the pics below

sw0501pablo-jillhead.jpg

102_5588.jpg

Red Ranger 1, before this fic is over, the clones are going to cause Charlie a number of woes.

Oh, and the whole clone thing wasn’t my 1st idea for this fic – initially, Ruby, Gypsy & the others were missing [sB police launched an investigation, Alf and the SES searching nearby bushland etc]. There are a “few” pages of my handwritten draft to do with the whole missing idea, before I changed to the clone storyline. I did this when I saw/heard that Rachel was going to Boston upon leaving the Bay - as I could no longer just have it as a cover story that she & the others had been on some secret camping trip.

Belgshep, it’s always cool to include Ronnie …. and its not the last time he will be in this fic. Re the sentries, it’s an idea that I most likely wouldn’t have even thought about if I hadn’t encountered & adored the AWESOME novel [and now film] “Tomorrow, When The War Began”.

FOUR

Elsewhere on the alien planet, Rachel, Emma, Gypsy & Bella have had a pretty fruitful day. They’ve climbed the mountain they started on this morn AND have also made it all the way down the other side. It wasn't the biggest of climbs, but it’s a very good warm-up to the bigger ones ahead of them. Indeed, when Gypsy et al reached the summit of this climb, they saw the top of the next one – which is somewhat higher than the ascent today. The quartet all got a few cuts and bruises as they traipsed up & down the wooded mountain. Rachel easily was able to patch everyone up, but whilst Rachel herself and the 2 mermaids were eager to have their wounds treated …..

Gypsy [as Rachel approached with med kit in hand] “Not today, Doc. THESE I’m keeping.”

Rachel “But Gyps ….”

Gypsy [cutting in] “From tomorrow on, you can patch me up BUT since we don’t have a camera, I want to keep these. They’re my 1st battle scars on an alien world and I want to have them as REAL as possible when we get home. Want to be able to show my grandkids. I KNOW my eldest, Lilly, isn’t even 10 yet, but she or Shannon are bound to have kids.”

Rachel “I’m glad that you brought up the subject of children - saves me having to start my argument from scratch. Gypsy, who KNOWS how this alien environment will affect our bodies? or what kind of bacteria there are here. I want to get ALL of us home safe and sound – so you CAN see your daughters again AND meet those grandkids.”

Gypsy [after thinking – Rachel isn’t backing down, let’s try a compromise] “How bout I let you patch these wounds up tomorrow arvo? – so I can savour these a little longer.”

Rachel [deciding to tackle this sitch doctor to doctor] “If I were a puppy, with wounds like yours, you’d want to treat me. Wouldn’t you?”

Gypsy [realising Rachel’s correct] “Well played.”

As Rachel tends to Gypsy’s wounds, they reflect on their 1st day here …. wherever here is. It’s been a weird experience– journeying up & down a mountain in their underwear. The girls initially walked at a rather fast pace – but as the day progressed, Gypsy & Bella especially really began to “soak in” the new surrounds. After all, it’s not every day you get to walk where no human has EVER been before. The quartet all heard what sounded like animal noises. They didn't SEE any animals or the like but Gypsy & her new friends all sensed that the forest is VERY muchly alive [and not just in terms of the countless trees that provided lots of shade during their journey].

When the daylight began to fade, Rachel and the others set up camp near the banks of a stream. With all the tress around them, it’s muchly helpful [when the sun fully sets] that 1 of the planet’s 3 moons is full – so they had some light in all the darkness. Emma & Bella look tentatively at the full moon – and are VERY pleased that they don’t at all fall under its spell. Gypsy & Emma, at the very same moment, suggest that 2 of the group should guard the camp while the others get some rest. Gypsy & Bella are both keen to observe this VERY foreign forest by night, so Emma & Rachel head off to bed. Gypsy is in 2 minds – whilst she’d LOVE to encounter creatures from another world, she isn’t keen on being their midnight snack.

+++

On Earth, Bianca looks at the clock on the wall. It’s almost midday – so she tells the students to put the pens down at the end of the exam Ruby had been soooo stressing about. After they leave the exam room, April & Nicole, who both feel they did well on the test, are keen to see how Ruby went. Nicole is especially pleased to hear that Rubes feels VERY confident that she too went well in the exam.

+++

As they observe their barren surrounds, Ruby & Joey are chatting when they realise it’s time to wake Rikki & Cleo. Although none of the girls has a watch or clock, Joey’s been keeping track on the movements of the planet’s moons - which she uses to determine that it’s around midnight. Moments after they wake the sleeping lovers …..

Rikki “This is TOO weird. How is it that Cleo AND me are in our underwear AGAIN??? You two didn’t see anyone, or anything, approach the camp?’

Ruby [also taken aback that her friends’ privates are covered once more] “Not at all.”

Joey “Looks like we’re on a prudish planet.”

Rikki [cheeky voice] “I’ll HAVE to test it. I was asleep for 3 hours, so I’m going to get naked right now - and whilst Cleo & I are on sentry, I’ll see JUST how prudish this planet is.”

Cleo [emotionally] “Rikki, I don’t want to lose you. [more composed] We’ve been naked twice now – when we went to bed on Earth AND when we went to sleep here. What if its 3 strikes and you’re out?”

Joey [vehemently] “DEFINITELY keep you clothes ON. [pause] NOBODY dies today.”

Rikki [taken aback] “OK. [pause] Cleo, you were sounding a lot like Em when you went all logical then. MANY thanks for that.”

Cleo “Do I deserve a kiss?’”

Rikki lets her actions speak WAY louder than words … by PASHING her tasty g/f !!!

Soon after, Ruby & Joey get into bed. Its feels weird for Joey not to have Charlie to cuddle up to, but she eventually drifts off to sleep.

+++

Day 2 on the alien planet goes mostly well for both groups. Whilst the Rachel group made it to the top of their latest mountain climb AND half way down the other side before they set up camp for the night, Ruby & her friends also made good progress in their quest to discover why they are here on this mauve salt lake bedded world.

Gypsy et al once more heard what sounded like animal noises, but they didn’t actually see any wildlife in the forest. Because they knew their current climb was mush higher than yesterday, the group still have plenty of water in reserve – from the fluid they gathered from the creek they camped by last night.

Like yesterday, the quartet all sustained a few cuts & abrasions. Rachel, having treated her own wounds and those of Emma & Bella, is putting various things back in her med kit when ….

Gypsy [as she hold her arms out to be treated] “Rachel, aren’t you forgetting someone?”

Rachel “I wasn’t keen on another fight, after the one you gave me yesterday. Why the change in attitude?”

Gypsy “What else can I say but, you’re the Doc, Doc ….. and besides that, I want to get BACK to where we belong in 1 piece.”

Whilst Rachel tends to Gypsy’s wounds, there’s been no injuries OR signs of anyone/anything for the Ruby group. There’s also still NOTHING tween them and the horizon BUT mid arvo, Ruby had another thought not of her own volition.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHAT does the Gypsy group discover in the mountainous forest ???

WHO says “But if I DO touch you, you can hit me.” ???

Red Ranger 1, the Liagiba brought Ruby to their world for a very important reason [its not something that i've made up bout her either] …. and she ends up having a 2nd VITAL role in this fic.

Belgshep, one clone especially causes the trouble for Charlie. See below for more Ronnie and Rachel et al sighting an alien creature.

Glad you’re all enjoying this tail !!!!

Because of the foreign thought that entered Ruby’s brain, the group made a course change. Since they started their journey on this alien world yesterday, Cleo et al had been travelling north east, but they adjust course to head north. Joey eagerly showed her support of the change by hugging her stepdaughter as soon as Ruby made the “suggestion“. Rikki, however, is VERY sceptical about all of this – but she held off voicing her concerns for now.

After night falls, Rikki & Cleo are on sentry 1st, but Joey ISN’T able to control her emotions this time, i.e. Ruby, Rikki & Cleo ALL hear Joey cry herself to sleep.

+++

Several hours later, dawn breaks on the alien world. Whilst Joey & Ruby are talking [about the day ahead AND Charlie], Rikki begins to wake. She’s intrigued when she hears the still muchly asleep Cleo calling out Bella’s name several times - in a LUSTFUL tone like when they’re in the throws of passion. Rikki knows how close Cleo is to Bella – AND she also knows that there's NOTHING more that Rikki would personally rather be doing right now than SPANKING Em’s AWESOME backside.

+++

It’s now also the 2nd day that the clones have been on Earth, and, just like yesterday, the 5 “Angels” aren’t firing on all cylinders. Ruby continues to be unaffected – and it’s the same for Gypsy [in Queensland] AND Rachel [in Boston]. Charlie is especially worried about Joey – and it didn’t help that Ronnie behaved erratically once more when the mermaids swam with him today. Just like Rikki on the other side of the universe, Charlie holds off voicing her concerns …… for the time being.

+++

Charlie & the mer-clones weren't the only people to have an animal encounter – because, on their 3rd day in aliens-ville, the Gypsy group FINALLY catch glimpses of the creature that's surely been making the animal noises they’ve been hearing these past few days. None of the quartet able to get a good look at the creature - as it’s always in the distance, or too obscured by tress, so the only see flashes of a LARGE 4 legged animal – with white skin or fur. Rachel and her friends aren’t sure of the details beyond that though. Gypsy IS intrigued about its colour – such a distinctive, easily spotted hew in this forest terrain surely indicates that the creature DOESN'T need camouflage of ANY description. The girls all agree the animal is pretty speedy tough. Gypsy verbally reinforces what they are ALL thinking – they now REALLY have to be on the lookout, especially at night.

Meanwhile, the Ruby group would LOVE to have something like an animal or ANYTHING different to pay attention to …. as they continue to be “entrenched” in THAT dry salt lake bed. The group covers less distance today that their 2 previous days here. The dry lake bed seems endless – within still noting tween them & the horizon in all directions. Joey & the others hope there’s something new to experience tween now and when the supplies they’ve been provided with are totally gone. Kinda speaking of which, Ruby – inadvertently or otherwise - still has a number of the variety of alien fruit like foods that she’s not eaten as yet , so she decides that that …. tasting a different new food each day … will at least give her SOMETHING to look forward to.

+++

It’s approaching dusk, and Gypsy is eager to be on sentry 1st tonight - after their sighting of the alien animal. The group made good progress today – as not only did they make it to the bottom of the climb they started yesterday but the also climbed up and down another mountain [comparable to the one on the 1st day here]. There's not much talking tween Rachel & Gypsy whilst on sentry – as both keep an eager eye & ear on the forest around them. The group are camped near a stream but they are far enough form it – they hope – so the sound of the flowing water doesn’t block their efforts form hearing the alien 4 legged creature. There’s been no sign of the creature by the time that Rachel & Gypsy wake Emma & Bella.

Elsewhere on the foreign world, Joey & Ruby awaken Rikki & Cleo – for the dry lake bed groups’ changing of the guard. Ruby is about to get into bed when Joey approaches ….

Joey “Ruby, would you mind sleeping in my bed with me tonight? I’m so not used to being alone in bed these days. [Joey sees that Ruby doesn’t look that keen] I PROMISE I won’t even THINK that it’s your mum beside me …. but if I DO touch you, you can hit me .…. and not in the way that Em like to be hit either.”

Ruby smiles ….Joey’s comments have mostly quashed her concerns – and she climbs in bed beside her stepmom. The duo sleeps back to back – but Joey REALLY likes having body contact of ANY kind with her beloved Charlie’s flesh & blood. Joey goes to sleep without any tears this night …. and, like she promised, without sensually touching Ruby.

+++

The next day [the 4th the humans have been on the alien planet], Gypsy & her friends have their 1st REALLY good sighting of the creature they saw yesterday. It’s Rachel who gets the best view. All are pleased that the animal was a fair distance away from them – as it looks/sounds menacing.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY is Charlie thinking about volcanoes ???

WHO says “Aren't you two a bit OLD for my brother?” ???

Red Ranger1, you might be right bout Ruby, and see below for what’s taking up much of Emma’s thoughts. Also, most of chapter 6 is my original plan for a sequel to my previous fic, AYAMAN.

belgshep, no Ronnie in the latest “ep” below - the opposite in fact ……. a not so friendly creature. I could imagine Ruby might “loose it” if she had issues with her diabetes in top of being on an alien world.

SIX

Emma & Bella are intrigued when Rachel, aided by Gypsy’s vast knowledge of Earth animals, tells them that the white furred creature is like a panther – but it’s at a LEAST double the size of an Earth panther. Rachel also suggests that there’s something VERY un-panther like about the alien animal’s tail. All 4 are wary that they seem to be moving further & further into the creature’s territory, but Rachel is sure that their current course is the best way to get to civilisation/Ruby. By nightfall, there’s been more glimpses of SEVERAL of the panther-like animals [always in the distance] and the quartet are EXTRA vigilant when they on sentry that night.

+++

Meanwhile, the Ruby group made steady progress this 4th day. Rubes & her friends once more follow the “voice” in Ruby’s head - which directs her to make another course change -to head west - but by day’s end, there’s STILL that relentless nothing tween Rikki et al and the far away horizon. Despite the endlessness of the salt lake bed, it’s been a good day for Joey. Just being in the same bed last night as her wife’s daughter has MUCHLY lifted her spirits. Joey, as she walks on the beautifully coloured mauve ground, reminisces about some of the biggest moments of her life, especially when she became a mermaid!!!!

FLASHBACK …….As Joey drives their car from Summer Bay to the honeymoon destination [Gold Coast], Charlie thinks about the 4 clues that Emma gave to Joey so she can be reborn as a mermaid. The clues are – the moon’s eye, shark, dormant and mool. Joey’s already suggested that the 1st clue is sure to mean the FULL MOON [the latest of which is tomorrow night !!!], but the other 3 cryptic clues aren’t as easy as that to solve. By the time they’ve reached the Gold Coast [which is several hours drive north of the Bay], Charlie has NO idea about mool or shark, but she already has her suspicions about dormant. Charlie quickly realises this so isn’t going to your everyday, run of the mill honeymoon when her theory about dormant leads Jarlie to work out that Mako Island, which is off the coast of where they are honeymooning, must be the place where Cleo et al became mermaids. After all, there’s a dormant VOLCANO on the island AND the waters surrounding it are a breeding ground for MAKO sharks [which is how the island got its name].

The next day, before they head off to Mako Island, Joey & Charlie have breakfast at a local café. The newlyweds are enjoying their meal when a kinda familiar face enters the place…..

Joey “Charlie, look over there. It’s Romeo.”

Sophie [a redhead in her mid 20s working at the counter behind them] “Aren't you two a bit OLD for my brother?”

Charlie [without even looking at the redhead] “And that means that you MUST be Sophie.”

Sophie [taken aback] “How …. How did you know that? You weren't even looking at me?”

Joey “I’m Joey, and this is my AWESOME wife Charlie. She’s a cop AND we’re from the same town as the coooooool woman who this café is named after?”

Sophie “You know Rikki Chadwick?”

Joey “She was my bridesmaid.”

Sophie “OH !!!!!”

Charlie “I’ll add that there’s a boy in out town who’s a dead ringer for your brother Will. His name is Romeo.”

Sophie “This is too weird.”

Joey “Here’s a pic of Romeo with Rikki & Charlie’s daughter Ruby.”

Sophie “That’s DEFINITELY not Will. That sort of shirt just isn’t is style.”

Sophie calls Will over – and the brother & sister talk to Jarlie for a bit about the intriguing Will & Romeo sitch before talk turns to Mako Island. Will offers to help the newlyweds when they head out to the island, but Charlie is adamant that he can’t. Will, who is Bella’s ex and knows the Angels’ secret, TOTALLY understands when Joey whispers to him about her quest to become a mermaid.

After Jarlie arrive [by boat] on Mako Island, they eagerly head towards the volcano at the heart of the isle. Although both are so keen to get through the jungle terrain, Charlie & Joey aren’t forgetting it’s their honeymoon. They every so oft stop their journey and PASH like the oh so

wonderfully in love newlyweds that they now are ……. and because Mako Island [which is a national parks protected area] is so off the beaten track so to speak, Jarlie are often only wearing bikinis.

The girls are near the base of the volcano when they encounter a waterfall. Its only now that Jarlie REALLY begin to wonder what the 4th cryptic clue – mool – is all about, as their time on the island so far has been all about thinking about either how to get through the jungle [with all the snakes & other no doubt deadly critters about] or thinking sexy thoughts about their new wife. From the research they did on the mainland, Jarlie are pretty sure that Emma isn’t referring to a grave site - which is what it says in the dictionary when they looked up mool. Whilst Charlie suggests it COULD mean the end of the now mer-girls old lives, Joey thinks it could be an abbreviation of some kind.

As they search, Joey hopes her love of the sea and mermaids will guide her to the enrance to the heart of the volcano, but its Charlie’s eagle eyed police skills which locate a crevice like tunnel in the rock at the top of waterfall. The duo slides down the sandy floored rock tunnel into a cave. After switching on their torches, Jarlie search the underground cave system until they come across a deep circular pool of water – that’s below the cone of a volcano!!!! Given the clues they received from Emma, surely this is the place they should be.

Jarlie note that it’s beginning to get dark outside – form the bit of the sky that can see though the top of the volcano. Joey is soooo looking forward to when the full moon is overhead – and she’s not disappointed when it does ….. as moments after Joey gets into the water, the liquid starts to froth & bubble when the full moon is COMPLETELY overhead. Joey and Charlie [the latter is beside the pool] are in AWE !!!! as many many water bubbles rise out of the pool and head skyward towards the fill moon. It’s a sublime …. you could say magical …. experience. The water goes back to normal when the full moon is no longer in view. Jarlie are AMAZED by what’s occurred and as they set up camp in the cave beside the water. [see Mako Island pics below]

Charlie “Hey, I worked it out. Mool = moon pool. A body of water that’s been …. affected by the moon.”

Joey “Coool that you at least thought about saying magic’d. [pause] I feel all tingly, but weird. You & me …… are different species now. I can feel it.”

Charlie “I LOVE that you’re SOOO brave.”

Joey “You’ll come swimming with me & Em & the others?”

Charlie “Just try and stop me.”

The next morning, Joey stirs quite early. She wakes Charlie – before diving into the moon pool. Moments later, Joey is OVERJOYED … just like Cleo et al, Joey has a TAIL !!!She IS a mermaid !!!!!! Charlie is soooo happy for her wife – and they seal Joey’s mer-birth with a BIG kiss that seems to last forever!!!!!!!

+++

Night has fallen on the alien planet, and Ruby & Joey are on sentry. Despite not encountering ANY creatures etc, the group isn’t keen on “dropping the ball” in such matters. Rikki is already asleep, but Cleo isn’t as yet – so she hears Rikki lustfully call out Emma’s name. Cleo’s in 2 minds about this – she’s hurt that Rikki is waaaaaaay pining for Emma, but Cleo also knows how much she herself is totally in love with Bella. It goes through Cleo’s mind that whilst the mer-girls were togther in the Bay, the 4some totally worked but now that Cleo’s been separated for days & days from [and not slept with] Bella, its made Cleo realise how much she REALLY misses/wants to ONLY be with her “cougar”.

+++

Cleo isn’t the only one thinking about ‘ships – as before dawn the next day, Emma’s also in that headspace …..except she’s MUCHLY wanting to be in the carnal embrace of her polar opposite Rikki. Although those thoughts are taking up most of her brain, it doesn’t stop Emma from also thinking about the great progress the group has made since they arrived here [they are close to the top of their 4th climb] AND about those white furred UBER panthers.

The usually prissy & uptight Emma is thinking of how oh so enjoyable it is when Rikki SPANKS her when she catches more than a glimpse of one of the menacing animals [which the Liagiba refer to as an ABIRAC]. The area round their camp has barely any trees [for a change] but that’ a BIG worry. The Abirac is about 5 kilometres away, but such is the suspected speed of the animal that it shouldn’t be long before it’s on their doorstep – so to speak. Emma & Bella quickly wake Rachel & Gypsy – and the creature is sooooo heading their way by the time the group have quickly gathered up their gear. The Abirac is now muchly aware of their presence ….. and starts to VERY quickly head in their direction. Gypsy et al aren’t 100% sure that it will attack them – but they don't want to take the risk to NOT flee to safer ground either. The girls should be worried too … as the alien creature IS soooooooooooooo thinking of very literally having them for breakfast!!!!! [see "Abirac" pic below]

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY is Rachel’s life in danger ???

WHAT suggestion by Bella alarms Gypsy ???

Abiracs are similar in size - but not quite as big - to the creature below

white20panther.jpg

Joey became a mermaid the same way that Rikki, Cleo & Emma [in the image below] did. Pic also includes Emma and her oft mentioned SPANKABLE backside !!!!

A2mool.jpg

Red Ranger 1, from traipsing across the island to sliding down the crevice like tunnel near the waterfall, all of that is how Riiki and co found the moon pool … except the h2o girls did it all by accident [when the boat they were in ran out of fuel close to Mako Island.]

See below for Rachel in the firing line [so to speak] and more from the aliens who bout Ruby, Gypsy et al to their world !!!

SEVEN

Gypsy & her friends gained pace as they surged down the mountain to the forested area about a half a kilometre below them – with the Abirac sooooooooo gaining on them with every step. The girls make it to the forest, hoping the creature chasing isn’t as good through the many many trees that now surround them – but its STILL gaining on them. Gypsy notes that, despite its size, it’s as just agile through the forest as it in clear terrain. The quartet splits up … each going in a different direction, hoping the creature will be confused enough not to give chase but the Abirac DOES go after one of them - Rachel. Gypsy peers over her shoulder, and can see that she’s not being chased anymore – with Emma realising the same thing moments later. Rachel’s still waaaaaaaaaaay in scamper mode though - and collects many new batle scars along the way. There are cuts & scrapes on her legs due to shrubs and very small trees that are only in their infancy compared to the many tall trees here who've already lived for hundreds of years. Speaking of those tall trees, both of Rachel’s arms have numerous abrasions as she brushes too closely to them as she runs in a zig zag type pattern though the forest as she tries to evade the voracious beast chasing her. The Abirac has chosen Rachel as she’s the eldest and theoretically weakest of the humans …. it’s using her to develop/perfect its hunting strategy for its new bipedal prey.

Rachel peers behind her – she’s LOSING the running battle with the creature, so she starts climbing one of the tall trees. She’s got enough a gap tween her & the Abirac to get a fair way up the tree before the beast will start to climb – and Rachel can also see that Emma is approaching her position. Emma gets to the tree beside the one Rachel is climbing and she raises her right arm towards the sky. Emma focuses all her energy.....….and the previously clear blue sky is suddenly COVERED with dark clouds. The Abirac is soooo startled by the change [especially when thunder starts to FIERCELY roll across the sky] that it heads out of the forest … and muchly away from Rachel et al.

Almost immediately, Emma’s thinking that she lost a MAJOR weapon against future attacks by the white furred alien creature BUT it was sooooo worth it …. to save the life of her good friend Rachel. Emma stops using her power and, as Rachel descends the tree to the ground, the sky quickly goes back to the way it was before – not a cloud in sight.

The group has a debrief about what’s occurred – and Gypsy backs up what Rachel already thought …. that the alien animal has a VERY un-panther like tail. Rachel & the others decide they’ll go through a slender pass nearby [tween the mountain they are on and the one just beside it] to get to the other side of this climb. Their new plan should be a much safer option than going to the top of the mountain they are currently on, especially given how menacing their new nemesis is.

As the girls chat about the creature, Gypsy “suggests” to her companions that they shouldn’t harm the white furred UBER panthers unless it’s ABSOLUTELY necessary. After all, it’s Gypsy et al who are encroaching into the creature’s turf. Whilst Bella isn’t keen to injure the Abirac, she suggests she can use some of their drinking water to create shields – so they ALL have a defence mechanism of some kind. Rachel, as she - with Emma's help - tends to the wounds she sustained whilst being chased by the creature, REALLY likes the idea of having protection. Gypsy is wary of Bella’s plan – but Bella insists that she can create shields that won’t harm the beast – they’ll be purely for defence, not attack. Bella tips some of the liquid from one of her water bottles onto the ground. She uses her powers to jelly and then set the water into an oblong shaped shield [which is approx a metre in length and 50 cm in width]. Gypsy picks up the lightweight shield – which is approx 5cm thick [complete with a small handle on its back]. The edges of the shield are VERY smooth, and Gypsy is QUITE impressed by Bella’s handiwork – so the blonde mermaid creates another 3 shields. The group know that they have plenty of food so to sacrifice some water [to gain some kind of protection against the alien creature] is an acceptable risk. The group doesn’t encounter any more Abiracs this day. [see Bella using her powers pics below]

+++

Elsewhere on that oh so foreign world, Kcivrah is given the latest update on the progress of the 8 humans bought here to hopefully solve the CRISIS the Liagiba are facing. Kcivrah is a very capable leader – but he’s dealing with something that no other leader of his species [in hundreds of thousands of years] has ever dealt with before. He’s most encouraged by the support he’s received from his people – especially in light of his potentially risky decision to bring the 8 aliens to their world. Although part of Kcivrah would LOVE the 8 humans to be here right now [helping to solve the crisis], he’s kinda pleased they haven’t arrived at the Liagiba settlement as yet – because if they HAD already made it from where they 1st awoke to here, that would surely mean the aliens are physically able, IF its in their nature, to overpower & enslave his people.

+++

It’s now the 3rd day that the clones have been on Earth, and Joey, Rikki, Emma, Cleo & Bella are STILL suffering from that “Clayton’s headache”. It’s become all too much for Charlie – who voices her concerns after her latest morning swim with the mer-girls.

Charlie “I KNOW that you don’t want to, but you’ve ALL got to go and see Sid – before this thing you’ve got spreads to others.”

Emma [after “waking up”] “Charlie’s right.”

Rikki [surprised] “Em, you WANT us to get dissected???”

Emma “No. I mean that Charlie is right when she said it’s ONLY us..…”

Joey [cutting in] “And that means we should be talking to someone like Alf. You ARE saying we have some kind of fishy disease, aren’t you?”

Emma “I certainly am.”

Cleo “Great idea, Joey. Let’s you & I go speak to the local fisherman. See if they’ve noticed anything unusual with the fish population around the Bay.”

+++

Soon after, Joey & Cleo approach Alf - who’s, as always, been fishing every day. He hasn’t detected any differences in the heath, behaviour of the fish he’s encountered. He assures the mer-duo that he’ll keep an eye out for such tings. Joey & Cleo get similar responses from other local fishermen – and they inform Charlie of what they've found out. Charlie is still VERY keen for them to speak to Sid and insists they do consult him IF they’ve not gotten any answers/gotten better in the next few days.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY does Colleen think the “Angels” are unwell ???

WHAT idea does Ruby get after an outburst from Rikki ???

Bella using her mermaid powers [to make a love heart rather than a shield, but the principal is the same]

A2sheild.jpg

Red Ranger 1, whilst the mer-girls using their powers in AYAMAN was mostly to show the Baysiders what they can do, its GREAT to have them use their powers “in the field” so to speak in this fic. You’re on the right track with your thoughts bout why the mer-clones are affected.

Belgshep, although I shouldn’t joke bout this, sounds like Emma has been working overtime in your part of the world [with the snow]. It’s not the last the Gypsy group has “heard” from the Abiracs either. Glad you enjoyed Joey’s mer-birth flashback …. I loved that that “too old for my brother” comment was soooooooooooo Sophie [i.e. bitchy] !!!

EIGHT

Colleen, of course, has her own ideas about ALL of this. Indeed, Charlie is at the diner when she overhears Colleen telling Leah that she thinks the illness is because of the mer-girls’ GODLESSNESS !!!! Charlie eagerly interrupts Coleen & Leah’s chat - as she’s FURIOUS that Colleen could even think such a thing. The logical part of Charlie’s brain kicks in, and she makes Coleen aware of a “slight” flaw in her theory – i.e. if Cleo et al are supposedly unwell because they are gay, then why isn’t Charlie affected as well? Colleen suggest that Charlie will, in time, become ill as well – its just that Charlie’s been gay the least amount of time of the 6. Charlie IS muchly annoyed at Colleen’s suggestions BUT she take comfort form the fact that those comments make Charlie think of her WONDERFUL wedding day – especially her vow to love Joey in sickness and in health.

+++

On the other side of the universe, the Ruby group continues their journey across the seemingly endless dry lake bed. Joey walks as close as she can to Ruby – occasionally putting her hand on Ruby’s arm, as touching her stepdaughter’s skin makes Joey feel closer to her beloved Charlie. Whilst Joey, Ruby & Cleo walk along clear in their belief that they are on this world for a reason, Rikki is muchly losing faith in the idea. Rikki’s uncertainty about being here, along with what she’s heard form Cleo [pining for Bella in her sleep] AND Rikki’s own feelings towards Emma, lead Rikki to decide to confront Ruby about what’s going on.

When Rikki DOES voice her concerns, Ruby adamantly insists that the group IS here for an important purpose – and that civilisation of some kind MUST only be days away now. Joey suggests to Rikki that she should be “drinking in” all of this – as it’s so amazing that they are on a planet where no human has been before. Rikki is more than a little surprised when Cleo sides with Ruby & Joey, i.e. her g/f insists to Rikki that its all about “the climb” - i.e. the journey, not the destination. That comment, from Cleo of all people, prompts …..

Rikki [uBER sarcastically] “Well then. Ruby should write a SONG about all this, shouldn’t she!!!!!!”

Ruby KNOWS that Rikki is just voicing her frustration, BUT rather that letting Rikki [or the planet] “get” to her, Ruby decides to actually take Rikki’s “advice” seriously. Indeed, by the time the sun goes down this day, she’s had several ideas about lyrics for a song about their intriguing alien planet sitch.

+++

The following day, the Gypsy group had made steady progress in the mountains as midday approaches. They are all hoping not to encounter the vicious beast that almost had Rachel for breakfast yesterday – but they AREN’T going to get their wish. The Abirac who chased the group the previous day is stalking them and is VERY keen to dine on one of the human quartet. It’s Emma who 1st sees the creature in the distance. The group is travelling through a forested section of their latest climb and they all have the shields Bella created for them. Gypsy & her friends aren’t keen on getting so up close & personal with the Abirac that they had to use the shields to defend themselves with, but it’s just good to know they had some kind of protection. Rachel is concerned that none of the trees nearby are on par with the trees she climbed to evade the Abirac the day before.

The creature, which had been merely on the prowl, starts to charge towards Rachel et al. The 4 girls scatter and are REALLY hoping that the Abirac is disadvantaged by how very close the trees are togther on this section of forest. Gypsy quickly realises the beast is chasing after her. Gypsy thinks of the hunting styles of the big cats on Earth [the likes of lions, cheetahs, panthers] - knowledge that she’s gained over the years studying and working at an animal reserve and then as vet. Gypsy uses the knowledge to run through the woods in a way that she can hopefully evade being the Abirac’s lunch …but the beast seems to sense her every move.

The Abirac is behind Gypsy and REALLY seems to have missile lock on her. The beast lunges at Gypsy ....... its claw SLICES OPEN the back of her lower right leg !!!!!!!!!!

Gypsy stumbles to the ground – dropping her shield as she falls. The half dazed redhead tumbles to a halt several metres away from where the Abirac clawed her. Gypsy’s leg is THROBBING with pain – and her shield is too far away to get hold of before the Abirac gets near her. There’s nothing else around that Gypsy can use as a weapon or defence mechanism against the creature. Gypsy is pleased AND intrigued that the Abirac hasn’t pounced on her and torn her apart yet. Indeed, she sees that it’s kinda sauntering towards her – like it REALLY wants to savour its 1st human kill.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WILL Gypsy be torn apart by the Abirac ???

WHO says “How much do you love me?” ???

“The Climb” sung by Miley Cyrus …….

MANY thanks for all the cooooooooool comments.

Red Ranger 1, I will say that Rikki’s outburst leads to something truly AMAZING!!!

Belgshep, see below to see if Gypsy survives. Also, in a few chapters’ time, the Ruby group also encounters animals from this alien world.

Oh, and if you’re wondering about where all the alien creature/ppl etc names come from, they’re English words reversed, e.g. Kcivrah = NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick’s surname backwards.

NINE

Gypsy isn’t religious but right now she’s wishing that she has the faith of someone like Robyn Mathers. The Abirac is just steps away form Gypsy when she hears the sound of someone running nearby. It’s Bella, who is heading straight towards the beast. Bella throws her shield at the Abirac as she runs – and as the shield sails through the air, Bella uses her powers to turn the shield back into water. The liquid HITS the uber panther’s face – and as it does, Bella turns the water into jelly. The Abirac can’t see a thing and is TOTALLY disorientated ….. the beast crashes into a nearby tree, knocking it unconscious!!!!

Bella helps the wounded Gypsy to her feet – and supports her friend as they walk a decent distance away from where the attacked occurred. Bella calls out to Rachel & Emma – and both arrive within a minute of Bella’s call. Blood is still muchly coming out of Gypsy’s leg wound – so Rachel starts to treat her immediately. Whilst Emma assists Rachel stem the blood flow from the injury, Bella look out for both the beast that attacked Gypsy and for any other Abiracs that are lurking nearby. Bella, naturally, is VERY pleased when she finds that creature who clawed at Gypsy IS, thankfully, still unconscious.

When Bella returns to where Rachel is tending to Gypsy’s wounds, Gypsy is curious that Bella is looking especially worried – so Bella tells her friends that the panther-like Abirac has a tail like a SCORPION!!! Bella’s surprised that Gypsy is REALLY keen [as soon as Rachel is finished stitching up the sizable wound on her leg] to see the beast that attacked her. Rachel however INSISTS that Gypsy should stay off THAT leg for a while – so the group decide to set up camp and stay the night here, aside from if they see an Abirac heading their way, to give Gypsy’s leg a decent amount of rest before they continue their journey. All are pleased that there are no sightings of the UBER panthers by nightfall - apart from the unconscious one that Emma & Bella take turns in keeping watch on.

+++

Elsewhere on the alien world, Rikki continues to be apprehencious about her group’s sitch AND her feelings towards Emma and her other g/f’s. Rikki, as the group walks along, knows that whilst she is the person who goes where angels fear to tread in MOST scenarios, when it comes to all things emotional, Rikki ISN’T so brave. She IS though keen to have SOMETHING certain in the middle of this mess of uncertainty – so when the quartet stops for lunch, Rikki - heart in mouth - makes her move.

Rikki [inquisitively] “Cleo, how much do you love me?”

Cleo [startled, as that's a qusetion, in that tone, she NEVER expected from Rikki] “What kind of question is that?”

Rikki [vehemently] “A VERY valid one. I’ve heard you pining for Bella.”

Cleo [strongly] “You can talk ….. in your sleep. I’ve heard YOU ….about Em.”

Rikki “Sorry, Cleo, but I really REALLY love her.”

Cleo “I ... know what you mean. You & Em I adore, but being away from Bella this long ….. I REALLY can’t wait to kiss & cuddle and do all kinds of things with her.”

Rikki “Same with me & Em.”

Cleo [worried voice] “We’ll see them again. Won’t we?

Rikki [very assured voice] “DEFINITELY. Rubes will lead us home, and besides, I’m just ACHING to spank Em. It’s been AGES since I have.”

Cleo “Good that you’ve changed your tune about Ruby.”

Rikki “I’ve been taking my frustrations, about loving Em more, out on her.”

Cleo “So ….. What will we do when we go to bed tonight?”

Rikki “We’re still besties, aren’t we?”

Cleo [slightly unsure voice] “I hope so.”

Rikki [enthusiastically] “I KNOW so. [Cleo smiles] Well, if it's OK with you, Joey’s idea - of having someone beside her in bed - is a good one.”

Cleo “Sounds like a good plan to me. We should let Joey & Ruby straight away about our sitch – or tonight, they’ll think we’ve had a MAJOR fall out.”

The rest of the day is quite uneventful for the salt lake bed group. Ruby & Joey are a little surprised by Rikki & Cleo’s announcement but Joey especially gets the “absence make the heart grow fonder” logic – after being away from Charlie for 3 months last year went Jarlie’s 1st attempt at a relationship “went south.” The other part of Rikki & Cleo ending their time as lovers is that it’s weird, but oh so right, that they are “only” best friends once more.

+++

It’s approaching dawn the next day [the 7th the humans have been on the alien planet], and Gypsy is on sentry with Rachel. Gypsy rejected Rachel’s “suggestion” for her to rest the whole night – as Gypsy insisted on wanting to “pull her weight” and not let THAT attack affect her. Gypsy is still keen to get a good, not whilst it’s chasing her, look at the white furred scorpion tailed panther.

Nearby, Bella awakens. It’s about ½ an hour earlier that she’s usually been waking here on this foreign world. Bella’s just had the same dream that she’s had most nights since she got her. Bella half smiles as she thinks about those dreams – of herself getting “hot & heavy“ with her “Toy Boy” Cleo. Bella isn’t ready to talk to Emma about this, and although Rachel left Summer Bay a number of months ago, she still feels like too much of a surrogate mum for Bella to talk to her about such matters – so Bella decides to talk to Gypsy about her sitch.

Bella “Good morning, Gyps.”

Gypsy [startled, as she thought it was Rachel approaching] “OH !!!! Bella.”

Bella “Sorry. Did I frighten you? Didn’t mean to. You must still be FREAKED out about the attack?”

Gypsy [VERY confidently] “I’ve worked at an animal park. Kimba the little white lion ISN’T going to get the better of me. I soooo want to study these big cats at close range … but AS close range as yesterday. [pause] Enough about me. Why ARE you up so early?”

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHY does Gypsy talk about Dani Sutherland ???

WHAT makes Joey say “I’ll start talking about Charlie & I in the bedroom if you don’t.” ???

ROBYN MATHERS [as played by Asleigh Cummings, who guest starred in H&A in 2009] from “Tomorrow, When The War Began”

robyn.jpg

Red Ranger 1, I will say that Gypsy’s injuries turn out to be pretty important. Your suggestion bout Ruby isn’t why the Liagiba brought her here, BUT ….. see the latest action below.

TEN

Bella “You know this 4some I’m in?”

Gypsy “Yeah …. that STILL does my head in that such a kinky ‘ship is mostly accepted in the Bay.”

Bella [tentatively] “I’ve been having dreams since I got here, and you’re the only one that I can talk to bout them – especially since I saved your life.”

Gypsy “Nice attempt to lighten the mood, but what’s your sitch?”

Bella “I really like Em & Rikki but ……”

Gypsy “I’m not the brightest crayon in the box. You’re’ gonna have to spell it out.”

Bella “I’m ALWAYS thinking of Cleo and …..”

Gypsy “Sounds like you want to be ONLY in a 2some with her.”

Bella “I LOVE my “Toy Boy”, but I don't want to hurt Rikki or Em.”

Gypsy “I’m probably the LEAST qualified person to give you this advice … especially since I lied to my now husband and didn't tell him I was preggers with our 1st child Lily. Will worked it out when I was about 6 months pregnant AND he was seeing a girl called Dani at the time. Anyway, despite what I just said, you SHOULD tell the truth. After all, Will & I have been happily married for 8 years now – with 3 adorable daughters. I hope they’ve not been TOO much trouble for my hubby & parents whilst I’ve been here.”

Bella “I don’t know. I think Rikki is far more fierce sometimes than those “friendly” panthers that attacked you.”

Gypsy “Should I “sound out” Em? See how she’s feeling? She seems pretty “connected” to Rikki.”

Bella “I’ve seen you whilst we’ve been …. wherever we are. Subtle ISN’T your game.”

Gypsy ”Never said I was going to be.”

Bella “Can you hold off? I don't think I could deal with the emotional fall out.”

Gypsy “I will, for now, but I’ll keep an eye on things. After all, Lily’s bout half your age. Your sitch is good practise.”

Bella “Let’s talk bout something else. What do you think the people back home are thinking?”

Gypsy “Given that you & Em are in a same sex ‘ship, I CAN”T help but think that the Summer Bay police will want to speak to Colleen. Would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that.”

Bella “Especially since one of the cops is a woman who’s married to another woman.”

Gypsy “If she were dead, Colleen would be spinning in her grave right now … about your 4some AND a girl on girl marriage in the Bay, but let’s NOT talk bout Colleen. This place is just too beautiful to be thinking bout the likes of her. Yeah, I just want to get going today – and get closer to home.

Despite Gypsy’s wounded right leg, the group covers a fair bit of distance in the mountains by the time the sun goes down - catching only glimpses [in the distance] of any Abiracs.

+++

Night has fallen on the alien planet, and Ruby’s been having thoughts all day of lyrics for the song that Rikki “suggested”. Ruby knows the group seems to have had another fruitful day in terms of ground covered, but Rubes wasn’t paying any attention. She’s been on autopilot all day, but the scenery hasn't changed – still traipsing across THAT mauve dry lake bed with nothing tween them and the horizon in ALL directions. Rikki & Cleo are asleep and although there's been no sign of nocturnal life the 1st 6 nights they’ve been here, the group isn’t letting its guard down.

As Ruby prepares to sing what she’s “penned” so far, she knows that Joey will be a GREAT audience – especially since Rubes has included an intriguing suggestion by her stepmom in the lyrics.

Ruby “I don't know why I’m so nervous.”

Joey “Neither do I. You’ve got such a GREAT voice.”

Ruby [trying to sound confident] “OK. Here goes. Oh, and I don't know if this will be the 1st verse or the chorus.”

Joey “I’ll start talking about Charlie & I in the bedroom if you don’t start singing.”

Ruby [cheekily] “Now, THERE’S an ultimatum. OK, here goes [pauses, and then sings] …….

I’m here on this alien planet

Why? I have no idea

It’s a strange beautiful planet

With 12 hour days, 3 moons above me and a mauve dry lake bed at my feet

So glad I’m not alone though

I’ve got good friends Rikki & Cleo & my stepmom with me

And even though it’s weird that we’re all in our underwear

It’s embarrassing that Joey’s wearing the skimpiest all but see through black with aqua trim bra & g-string you’ve ever seen

Which she tells me that my mum bought her the day before we woke up here

On this alien planet”

Joey “I LOVE it !!!!!!! Like nothing I’ve ever heard from you before. Rubes, I know you’re embarrassed but thanks SOOOO much for including what Charlie bought for me in your song. You’re gonna hate me saying this, but every time my bare backside touches the ground, I think sexy thoughts bout your mum.”

+++

Many galaxies away on Earth, Nicole is talking to Ruby - but she notices that Rubes is VERY distracted.

Nicole “Ruby, are you even listening to me?”

Ruby “Something REALLY weird just happened. In my head, I could hear myself singing this weird song that I’ve NEVER heard before … about aliens and things like that that I don’t EVER think about. I know that my stepmom and several of my friends are “Angels”, but …… and the other thing is, I just WOULDN’T sing, or even THINK about a song that has lyrics about some skimpy undies that Joey is wearing. Just ignore I said anything. It’s just too weird. I’ll put it out of my mind. Now, what were you saying, Nicole?”

+++

Soon after, Ruby is in the kitchen of her house … and she can’t get THAT song out of her head. Indeed, Ruby sings the alien planet/underwear song – which attracts Joey to enter the room. She’s VERY intrigued that her stepdaughter, of all people, is singing about THAT bra & g-string. When Ruby stops singing ……

Joey “I LOVE it !!!!!!! Like nothing I’ve ever heard from you before ….. and its weird that you would even …..did Charlie tell you about the lingerie she bought me? I thought that was OUR little secret - just your mum & me.”

Ruby “No. Charlie’s not said a thing – and I’ve not overheard you two talking about that ….... g-string either. This whole song thing is getting weirder every minute.”

Joey “I’d say, let’s talk to Charlie about it when she gets home from work.”

++++

It’s now the day after Bella & Gypsy’s D&M about Bella wanting to ONLY be with Cleo. As the group has breakfast, Gypsy is pleased that her right leg is feeling a LOT better. It’s not perfect, but she’ll be able to move far more quickly than she did yesterday ….. should the group encounter any Abiracs. Gypsy is concerned that although she & Rachel didn’t hear any of the UBER panthers during their time on sentry last night, Emma & Bella heard several [in the far distance] of the white furred alien beasts.

TO BE CONTINUED

PREVIEW

WHO is Kate ???

WHY, in the name of science, does Nicole swim with a dolphin ???

Archived