Prison Break

Guest TelephotoMarigold

From the files of Voiceover Man:

Welcome back for those viewers that haven’t been here for a while. The story so far. The tunnellers including Sam and Dean, the doctors from Grey’s are now busy digging at both ends of the tunnel, lets hope that they don’t miss meeting in the middle.

Sam and Dean are still not talking to each other over the Impala incident. It hasn’t been helped by Dean’s new tattoo “I heart the Impala” and his insistence that the car should be covered with a blanket every night in case it gets cold. He usually used Sam’s blanket…..

Meanwhile Geoff is busy inside his cell constructing the perfect outfit to escape in. He is using rhinestones on a cream chiffon with a ribbon sash in pale tan colour. Really it is it good. He’s now been commissioned to work on a couple of outfits for the next Oscars. Ahem

Roman is wondering just how many more showers he can take before his reputation with women is totally ruined and then they had been the incident with Butcher Mcgraw during the tango lesson last week that shill sent shivers down his spine.

Belle is steadily defrosting and it can only be a matter of time before they need Aden to be with his wife….

Tune in for the next exciting instalment of ….Prison Break

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geoff and Aden sat at a table in the cafeteria. They waited for Wentworth and Roman to join them. Neither of them spoke to the other.

“Look ok.” Aden began playing nervously with his wedding ring. “I called you Belle. But it was a honest mistake when I saw you take that paracetomol tablet.”

“I told you I had a headache.” Geoff said pouting.

“I know and that was the other reason I had a flashback, Belle always had headaches.” Aden muttered.

“You mean..” Geoff began to ask and then stopped as Roman joined them.

“Morning Boys.” He said sitting carefully at the table.

“Still injured?” Aden asked.

“Yes.” Roman bit out.

“I didn’t realise the tango was such a dangerous dance.” Geoff said innocently.

“Shut up dude.” Aden hissed warningly.

“Where exactly does it hurt?” Geoff asked his eyes wide.

“Geoff if you don’t want me to hurt you then you will never mention this injury or the Tango again.” Roman bit out tautly.

“I warned you.” Aden muttered out the side of his mouth to Geoff.

“Yeah but I really want to know what happened during the tango and why Roman is walking like that!” Geoff said forgetting to lower his voice and earning Roman a few looks from the other prisoners scattered at tables around them.

Wentworth walked over to the table and sat down at it. He avoided eye contact with everyone.

“Tonight.” He said and watched the others nod. “Take your things to the showers.” He added in a slightly too loud voice.

Roman noticed the ones who had been listening earlier were now moving away and pretended they hadn’t heard the word ‘Shower’. He paled as he thought about the reputation that they seemed to have. Maybe it would help if Geoff and Aden stopped holding hands or at least if Geoff stopped wearing women’s clothes. He had to admit he was kind of used to the make-up now.

“You really think we are getting out of here tonight?” Roman asked quietly.

Wentworth nodded.

“Great.” Roman muttered. “Because they just transferred Butcher Mcgraw into being my cell mate.” He added with a shudder.

Across the room they saw Butcher blow Roman a kiss and wink at him.

Nic looked at her watch and blew the whistle loud. The others came out of the tunnel and looked over at her. Sam and Dean still weren’t talking to each other over the whole Impala tattoo thing and Izzy had made a play for Derek, which resulted in a catfight with Meredith. Dean had the bright idea to hose the two girls down with water, which only made it all muddy and then claimed that they couldn’t be separated. He had no idea where the seats came from that they all sat in when they watched and it was almost close to knocking off time which explained the beers all four men were drinking as they watched the fight. She supposed all of that was credible.

“You’ve done a great job.” She told them softly.

Izzy gave a little excited jump and lifted her hand up for someone to high five her but everyone was so tired from the digging they ignored her and trailed outside dragging their feet.

“Well yey me.” She said sounding perky and disappointed at the same time.

Nic looked over at the other blonde and felt a strange need to slap her. Strange because she had no idea that the other girl had done anything wrong it was the whole upbeat thing that seemed to drive her nuts. She restrained herself and looked at them.

“Gee said that you need to go over and help her with Belle it seems that someone left her unplugged last night and she’s defrosting faster.” Nic told the team from Greys. They looked at each other and raced to their car arguing over who was driving and climbing in the car. It took them a moment to figure out that none of them had actually climbed behind the wheel and they each got out to try again. Nic watched for a moment before her boredom threshold was reached and she turned back to Sam and Dean.

“Now that the tunnel is finished are you staying around?” she asked them.

Dean nodded as Sammy shook his head.

“Face it dude we did nothing in this town.” Sammy pointed out.

Dean pouted and looked at his brother.

“We played poker with a Demon, got to give half the girls a ride…” Dean paused and waited.

“Carry on I think he’s on strike.” Nic told them.

“In the Impala.” Dean continued. “And helped Martha move some pianos.”

“Well actually that is quite a lot.” Sammy said in agreement.

Nic nodded and pulled out a large document from her cavernous handbag. She flicked through the pages and read some.

“Sorry, with you in a moment.” She told them. “I’m just checking next weeks script to see what happens and yeah, you two may want to avoid the diner on Thursday.”

“Why Dean asked and read over her shoulder. He looked pale and starred at his brother. “Dud we are so walking on Thursday.” He stated.

“Not the Impala? Again?” Sammy asked as they turned and started walking away. They forgot about Nic as they began talking about the car and she gave a little smile watching them go. Tearing out the page of dialogue she’d typed up the night before she read the real script for Thursday and grinned. It was an old ruse but it worked and they were talking to each other again.

• 3 weeks later...

Roman, Aden, Geoff and Wentworth walked slowly to the shower block. Each of them carried their soap bags, which had their change of clothes in for the outside with the exception of Geoff who was wheeling a small blue sequin suitcase. Roman rolled his eyes again at the obvious signal Geoff was sending out to the guards that they were escaping.

“Ready?” Wentworth asked for the 10th time.

“Yes.” Roman said. “More than. I just want to get out of here. Tonight. Before I have to share a bunk with Butcher Mcgraw.”

“You mean a cell.” Geoff said innocently as Aden sniggered.

“Yeah something like that.” Roman said as they entered the showers. They saw the occupants give them a look and slowly ease out.

Wentworth shook his head and muttered about only taking baths from now on. They stripped off the bathrobes and made out they were taking a shower watching as the guards did a slow patrol and then left the block.

“now.” Roman told them and they grabbed the washbags and moved into the tunnel.

“I’m going to miss Colleen’s cakes.” Geoff said mournfully.

“You idiot. We’ll be back in the Bay you can go to the diner and get one of her cakes.” Aden said after slapping Geoff round the back of the head.

“Oh yeah.” Geoff muttered. “I hadn’t thought of that.”

“And you’ll be back to dating Nicole.” Aden said sounding just a little bit jealous.

“I don’t know about that. I mean it was bad enough when her father was a touch SAS killer now he’s spent time in prison too.” Geoff said forgetting Roman was just behind him. “And well she has been seeing a lot of other people maybe she’s moved on.”

“Surely not.” Aden told him with a snigger. “I mean you gave her a twig and everything.”

“Hey!” Geoff said after a few minutes. “That was an expensive twig.”

“Wasn’t that supposed to be from the tree your parents got married under.” Roman said after a moment.

“Yes. But Martha charged me a fortune to take a cutting.” He mourned.

Aden and Roman shared a look before moving through the tunnel.

“I think I can see daylight.” Wentworth said after a time.

“Hey guys wait up my suitcase is stuck.” Geoff called. “Hey guys.” He said again the words echoing around the dark tunnel. “Don’t leave me.”

He looked around the tunnel and heard a strange clicking sound followed by the sound of flapping wings. Aden had told him that vampire bats lived in dark tunnels. He looked around worriedly.

“Aden pack it in.” Roman said. “Geoff we are right here.”

He lit up the torch and shined it around the tunnel seeing Geoff look even more pale and whiter than normal. Maybe he should try a different foundation.

Aden rubbed the back of his head where Roman had hit him twice and gave Geoff a quick smile before going over and helping him with the suitcase. Between them both they managed to free it and pull it along the dark tunnel.

“You know Geoff I heard that there were possums bigger than cows in these tunnels and they feed on people.” Aden said in a spooky voice. He walked forward a bit before turning sharply around and peering behind Geoff. “What was that?” he asked quickly.

Geoff spun around and screamed like a girl before jumping up and landing in Roman’s arms.

“Geoff.” Roman said. “Aden is teasing you. There are no vampire bats and no possums.”

“Really? You wouldn’t lie about that to make me feel better?” Geoff asked quickly glaring at Aden his arms around Roman’s neck.

“Of course I wouldn’t.” he told Geoff calmly. “I’m going to put you down now.”

In response Geoff arms tightened and he wriggled in Roman’s arms.

“Geoff Careful.” Roman said wobbling under the weight of the other man He dropped him to his feet and made him move ahead.

“Aden.” Roman muttered warningly.

“Hey, there could be possums here.” Aden defended himself.

“no mate, there are no possums and no bats but there are spiders.” Roman told him. “Big fat black spiders.”

Aden looked at him and then slowly around the tunnel.

“Spiders?” he asked in a small voice.

“Yeah like that one on your shoulder.” Roman told him.

Aden screamed and brushed at his shoulders before running past them all.

“Not spiders.” He shouted in a girlie voice. “Not spiders.”

Wentworth looked at Roman and grinned.

• 1 month later...

“Gee are you sure you know what you are doing?” Meredith asked her.

“Of course I’m not sure.” Gee began with a dramatic roll of her eyes. “But if we don’t defrost Belle now we’ll lose her.”

Izzy smirked and looked over at Alex. He smiled back and then caught Derek glaring at him.

“We still don’t have Aden Jefferies here.” Derek murmured softly. “I don’t know if her memory synapses will fire without him present.” He added standing up straighter and trying to sound doctorish.

Alex nodded looking over at the cryogenic chamber where Belle was still laying inside.

“She’s reached REM sleep pattern indicating that she is coming out of the cold induced sleep state.” Gee said tugging on her white doctor coat before folding her arms across herself.

“Then we don’t have a choice.” Alex said nodding. “She needs to be woken up before we lose her. I think we should prepare the room.”

Meredith sighed.

“I’ll get the heating pads.” She said quietly. “Derek how about you give me a hand?” she turned and spoke to McDreamy nodding her head towards the elevator.

“I’ll help you.” Izzy offered and paled when Meredith glared at her.

“It’s alright Derek can.” She muttered at the blonde. “Can’t you Derek?”

“What?” he gasped out the question before picking up on her meaning and following her to the elevator. They stepped inside and began kissing before the doors even closed.

Gee watched them go before looking at Alex and Izzy.

“Don’t even think about going anywhere until you’ve helped me lift Belle onto the bed.” She warned them.

Alex grinned at the ‘caught out’ expression on Izzy’s face before moving over to the chamber.

“Izzy.” He said quietly and pretended he didn’t see her stamp her feet before she sighed and moved over to help them. They lifted Belle Taylor Jefferies from the cryogenic chamber and carried her to the bed mindful of the wires connected to the many machines that were monitoring and keeping her alive. Gee put new sensors on her and it sounded eerily like two heartbeats were coming from the still and pale woman before she removed the old ones connected to the heart monitor that was part of the chambers machinery.

Izzy looked down at her and sighed.

“I think we should do something about her hair.” She declared before reaching for a hair brush and pulling it gently through the dark strands. “There that is better.” She murmured.

She looked up and saw Gee and Alex looking at her and smiled at them.

“Well a girl likes to look her best.” She explained simply.

Alex leaned over and whispered in Izzy’s ear smiling as she blushed and giggled.

“Anyway.” Gee said with a dramatic cough bringing their focus back to her. “Alex pass me that thermal blanket, I’ve got a feeling we are going to have to wait ages for the heat pads.” She muttered with a glance at the elevator. She noticed that the display above the elevator indicated that the elevator had been stopped between the two floors again.

Alex grinned as he too noticed the display before walking over to the shelf unit at the end of the room and collecting the ‘Hello Kitty’ patterned fleece blanket. Izzy stepped out of the way while Alex and Gee spread the pink blanket over Belle before walking over to medical supplies and picking out a fresh bag of saline. She walked it over to the bed and attached it to the metal stand and uncoiling the long tubing. With dextrous fingers she attached it to Belle’s arm .

“She’s warming up.” Izzy commented.

Gee nodded and looked at her watch.

“It’s only a matter of time before she wakes up.” Gee murmured hearing her voice echo around the room.

• 2 weeks later...

“Guys.” Aden called looking around the group.

“Yup?” Wentworth murmured.

“Well we’ve been out of the tunnel for the last hour and we are still walking together.” He pointed out.

Roman looked over at Aden and then Geoff before catching Wentworth’s gaze.

“I can understand that but why are you and Geoff holding hands?” Roman asked him.

Aden blushed scarlet and hastily let go of Geoff’s hand.

“It shouldn’t be too much longer until we get to the main road and from there we can hitch a lift.” Roman said to them after a moment.

“Can I make a suggestion?” Wentworth said to them.

Roman looked at the other man and nodded.

“How about we don’t let Geoff do the hitching. I know that in normal circumstances they say showing a little leg helps but well he’s got hairy legs and that mini skirt isn’t doing him any favours.”

“You saying we won’t get picked up?” Aden asked.

“Well the odds are that they prefer girls to be showing a little leg.” Wentworth commented.

“Hey it’s not my fault I would have shaved my legs but I didn’t have time.” Geoff said in a whiny voice.

“No time?” Aden queried smirking. “We took 5 hour showers!” he pointed out.

Geoff pouted and folded his arms across his chest forgetting for a moment that he was wheeling his suitcase. It whirled around in a large circle and knocked over Aden who bumped into Wentworth. He pushed forward and landed on Roman, who had stopped to tie his shoelace. Momentum pushed them forward and they landed in a heap of twisted limbs.

“Oh my god.” Roman ground out.

“Not again.” Wentworth muttered closing his eyes.

“I’m so sorry.” Geoff told them. “Let me help you up.” He offered holding out his hand to Aden.

“Stay away from me Bible boy.” Aden muttered easing up on all fours before standing up and rubbing his leg where the suitcase hit it.

Roman and Wentworth eased up too before Roman walked to the other side of the road away from them and continued walking. Before too long they hit the main road and began hitching.

“Not sure they will stop for 4 of us.” Wentworth pointed out standing next to him.

“Why don’t you Aden and Geoff wait in the ..” Roman trailed off and looked at the car pulling up next to them.

“Are you Roman?” Dean asked.

Roman nodded.

“Nic sent us to come get you.” Sammy said climbing out of the car.

Roman grinned.

“How is Nic?” he asked quickly.

“She’s hot.” Dean said before he remembered he was talking to Nic’s dad.

Roman gave him a fierce glare before ushering the others in the car. He slid into the front next to Dean with Sammy sitting next to him.

Dean gulped and stalled the car before setting off. He put his foot down and headed towards Summer Bay as fast as he could.

“Gee I think Belle is waking up.” Izzy said.

“Check her blood pressure.” Gee burst out with running over to where Belle was lying. She leaned over and put her fingers on the girls’ wrist checking her blood pressure.

Izzy read out the blood pressure reading.

“I think we need to prepare a sedative.” Gee murmured. “If Aden doesn’t get here in time we will need to keep her sedated.”

Izzy nodded looking over at Alex. He walked to the side of the room and prepared a hypodermic needle.

Dean pulled up outside the diner and sighed with relief before remembering how close Roman was to him and that he could easily hear him.

“Sir.” He stammered.

“Thanks for the ride.” Roman told him once they had got out of the car. He extended his hand to shake hands with Dean and grinned when the other man paled before gamely holding out his hand. Roman took Dean’s hand within his own and shook his hand squeezing it only slightly, hard enough to make the man wince but not enough to do any damage.

“I’m dying for a cup of coffee.” Geoff said.

“I’m sure you are but don’t you think you should change first?” Aden muttered.

“Are we breaking up?” Geoff asked him pouting tears springing into his eyes.

Aden blushed and looked over to Roman and Wentworth who seemed to be pretending not to be near them.

“Geoff.” He said softly leaning closer to him. “It was fun but well we want different things.”

“Liked what?” Geoff asked.

Aden sighed.

“Do you need me to tell you? I like girls.” Aden shouted exasperated.

Roman walked over to him and put his hand on Aden’s shoulder.

“But Aden, Geoff is dressed like a girl, he’s halfway there!” he told him.

Aden looked at him and groaned.

“Geoff its just that I’m married ok.” he murmured daring Roman to say anything else.

“Belle is dead.” Geoff told him.

“Belle isn’t dead she’s in the freezer.” Aden shouted out. “I put her in the freezer.”

Alf walked past at that moment and looked round the four men suddenly clutched his chest.

“Strike me …” he began to say one of his catch-phrases when he choked and fell to the ground.

“Quick.” Roman said rushing over to the fallen man and beginning CPR. “Where is the nearest doctor?”

Dean sprinted over to them still massaging the hand that Roman had shook earlier.

“There is a house down the road where some Doctors hang out.” he said quickly.

All of them came over and helped Roman pick up the fallen Alf and carry him down the road. Dean knocked using his good hand and after a pause Gee opened the door.

“Quick help.” Roman told her. “I think he’s had a heart attack.”

“Bring him in here.” She said brusquely.

Roman moved with Alf and lay him on the spare examination bed standing back and letting Gee get to work. A precious few minutes passed before she said.

“I’ve got a pulse.”

“Thank god.” Roman cried out.

He turned looking round the others and did a double take when he saw Geoff now dressed in a Nun’s habit.

“Er Geoff.” He said.

“I’m joining the priest hood if Aden doesn’t want me.” He declared.

“Aden?” Gee asked.

“Yes?” Aden said from the back of the group.

“Come with me.” Gee cried. “Quickly.”

Aden smirked and reached into his pocket to apply cherry chap-stick to his lips before stepping forward.

He followed the cute doctor continuing to smirk before seeing the dark haired woman lying on the bed.

“Belle.” He cried out running past Gee to reach for his wife’s hand.

Belle heard her name said by her true love and felt as though she stepping out of a dark pit.

“Aden.” She gasped out in a hoarse whisper.

“Belle babe it’s me.” He said kissing her.

“Aden.” Belle said again her voice stronger.

She opened her eyes and moaned.

“Strike me Blind.” Alf gasped out hearing Belle’s voice before he clutched at his chest and collapsed again.

“Oh not again.” Gee cried rushing over to him.

“Belle talk to me.” Aden said stroking the hair back from her face.

Geoff gave a sob and ran out crying.

“I think this is my cue to go.” Wentworth murmured and turned to Dean. “Not going to Sydney are you?” he asked.

Dean looked over at Sammy seeing his brother shrug.

“Can do.” He said and then three of them moved out.

Roman sighed and decided to follow Geoff and check up on him. He saw the man running down the street his ruby red stilettos clicking on the pavement. Roman thought them a strange choice to go with the Nun’s habit.

“Geoff.” He called out.

Geoff didn’t bother to turn around rushing headlong to the beach. Roman quickened his pace before he saw a blonde girl step seemingly out of nowhere and place her hand on Geoff’s arm.

“It’s ok Dad, I’ve got this one. Why don’t you go home and I’ll see you there in about 30 minutes.” Nic called to him.

Roman nodded and turned towards his former home. He stepped inside and walked up the stairs and into the bathroom. With a sigh he ran a hot bath and climbed into it fully clothed.

“Nope.” he told himself. ”I’m never showering again.

The End......

Comments

Archived