Fans

Guest RomeoPrincess

Hi,

I need your help and wondering if you can answer these questions for me? My name is Laura and I need replies ASAP so please help me. This is due in in two weeks time!

1, If your a fan of something, say IL Divo or a book, why are you a fan? What makes you want to buy everything assorted with it? Like merchadising? Have you been pulled into the hype of something?

2, If not and you only go and see like a movie like for entrainment why don't you then go and find out everything you can on the matter?? Or not buy their merchadising.

Thanks and please help me,

Laura

I'm a fan of "The Secret life of us" because of the true to life characters and storylimes and since I liked the music from the show I bought the soundtracks and also I bought the dvd's in order to rewatch the show as no channel in Israel has aired it again ever since they pulled it off in 2005.

I am fan of many things but being in uni myself I have kind of grown out of it. There are different reasons for me but I invest my time in something that I like but I dont get in the hype of things mainly because I dont like doing that,

Anyone else?

Reprised the question: If you are a fan of something? Why?

Please don't put the products in!

I am a fan of certain things (particular books, bands, tv shows) mainly because they interest me. There has to be something I connect with on a certain level. For example, music that is enjoyable to listen to, books with a good message, or some form of escapism. Shows on tv are a lot more interesting than my 'real life'. I think being a fan means that you belong to some sort of community. I think this board is a testiment to that. People come online from all over the world to discuss something we all have in common. We may not all agree and all come from different backgrounds but this show is the commonality that underlies all our discussion.

Being a fan requires a lot of investment. Financial and personal. you put money into particular things because you want them to succeed, I also think to an extent it is about wanting to share what you are interested in with other people. It takes a lot of time to be fan, because you have to watch all the episodes or read all the books in a series, to be recognised. But once you are 'in' (for want of a better word) you belong to something pretty awesome and connect with other people you may not otherwise know.

I find this thing sort of fascinating, so good luck with the project and I hope this is what you were after.

I am a fan of the WWE, I grown up with it an watched it since I was 2... I think there storylines ar very gripping and they make you want to watch it. Its for allages and there is something or a Superstar that everyone can relate too.... There is awful so much more going on outside of the WWE itself... Movies starring the superstars & divas or music tracks andguest roles.

All in all it is something I am a huge fan of and im sure many other people are too :)

I am a fan of the WWE, I grown up with it an watched it since I was 2... I think there storylines ar very gripping and they make you want to watch it. Its for allages and there is something or a Superstar that everyone can relate too.... There is awful so much more going on outside of the WWE itself... Movies starring the superstars & divas or music tracks andguest roles.

All in all it is something I am a huge fan of and im sure many other people are too :)

Wow thank you for all your answers and yes it certainly does.

Laura x

Archived