Kate Ritchie hosting 2009 ARIA Awards

Guest Jen

ARIA Awards co-host Kate Ritchie starstruck

NEW ARIA Awards co-host Kate Ritchie is jumping out of her skin that her new role allows her to work alongside a man whose work she greatly admires.

Unfortunately for her fellow emcee, actor Gyton Grantley, the object of Ritchie's affections is less "home" and more "away". "I should say I'm excited to be working opposite Gyton, but it's the chance to meet Robbie Williams that I'm really looking forward to," Ritchie told The Sunday Mail.

Ritchie, a breakfast radio presenter with Nova in Sydney and long-time actor on soap Home And Away, accepted that she and Grantley were obscure choices to front the Australian music industry's gala awards night.

"It was an unexpected request, and one that did come out of left field, sure," she said.

"But it's a great opportunity, and one that when I sat down and thought about I didn't want to pass up."

The pair will "top and tail" the night, with a slew of well-known musicians, Williams among them, to also present.

The British pop star will also perform at the event, alongside local acts and nominees Jessica Mauboy, Empire of the Sun, Sarah Blasko, Lisa Mitchell and Kate Miller-Heidke, among others.

Channel 9 will broadcast the ARIAs this year, and Rove McManus's Roving Enterprises is no longer involved.

The 23rd annual ARIA Awards will be held at Sydney's Acer Arena on Thursday, November 26.

Link

Pics:

294373-2009_aria_awards.jpg

351421-aria-awards-best-dressed.jpg

Overall results and review of show

On Kate's look

Archived