Two Sides To Every Story

Guest matticus01

sorry its taking so long.... But finally thank you everyone for all your amazing comments

:)

Sorry its so short

Chapter Thirty One ~ She’ll just hurt you again...

“Ruby...’ Geoff stumbled as Ruby stood in front of him, tears stinging her eyes as she looked at Belle who quickly walked back inside and shut the door. Ruby's tears overflowed as the slamming door confirmed the thought that had been plaguing her mind all the way over.

Nicole was back.

“I know, she’s back right.’ Ruby whispered as Geoff nodded and went to take a step toward her, but she stopped him by stepping away from him like he was some sort of disease. ‘Don’t... Geoff,’

“Ruby I...’

‘... She’ll just hurt you again Geoff, she cheated on you once and she’ll do it again. She lost interest in you once and she will do it again but I... I love you and I would never cheat on you...’

“...But I don’t... love you,’ Geoff’s voice trailed off as Ruby choked back a gasp of horror, her heart breaking into a thousand tiny little pieces.

“You... don’t love... me?’

‘... No... I’m sorry Rubes...’

“Dont...’ Ruby spat, quickly wiping the tears away from her cheeks and started backing up. “Just... don’t...’ and with that she turned and ran down the drive way until Geoff could no longer see her.

Sighing, Geoff ran his fingers through his hair before turning and making his way back inside to see Nicole and Belle sitting on the couch smiling at each other, Nicole had her hand on Belle’s stomach and Geoff knew the baby must have been kicking.

“Belle, that is so amazing... your so lucky,’ Nicole told her as Belle nodded in agreement, leaning up against the door frame Geoff smiled as he watched both girls smiling and grinning before both craned and looked at him.

“How’d it go?’ Belle asked as Geoff nodded and made his way over to them, leaning on the arm piece next to Nicole.

“It’s over...’

One Week Later

Belle was sitting on the beach looking out at the ocean, it was a calm day and out in the distance Belle could see the tips of dolphin’s fins swimming back out into the big, wide ocean. She smiled at the thought of being that free, wishing she could share the dolphin's luxury

She heard a ‘Hey Belle,’ and looked up to see Ruby heading toward her. Belle smiled as Ruby closed the distance between them and stopped in front of her. “Can I sit?’

“Sure...’ Belle replied as Ruby smiled and sat down next to her, dropping her sandals down between her legs. “How are you?’

“Ok I guess, Everyone’s heard that Geoff and Nicole are back together, it’s all over the papers too but no matter how much I try to hate Geoff, I cant,’

Belle nodded sympathetically, reaching over and taking Ruby’s hand in hers. “I’m sorry, I never would have thought she’d come back,’

“No it’s... it’s ok I... I don’t really mind that Xav hates me and Annie won’t even talk to me and Charlie’s calling me stupid for ever breaking up with Xavier but... I’ll survive... I think,’ Ruby half smiled but Belle could tell that she was heart broken.

“I know it hurts right now, and trust me I know because I miss Aden so much but... it will get better it will just take time that’s all,’ Belle spoke softly as Ruby nodded before looking up and as her smile disappeared.

Belle followed her gaze and saw Nicole and Geoff walking along the beach holding hands and every now and again placing kisses upon one another. “Don’t let them see that your hurt,’

Ruby nodded before looking back down. “That’s harder then it looks,’

“I know, but if you ever need to talk I’m here, even if I am knocked up and look like a balloon,’ Belle grinned as Ruby giggled. “That’s better, do you know it takes fewer muscles to smile then it does to frown?’

“No I didn’t know that, thanks Belle... for everything,’

Belle nodded with a delicate smile gracing her features before squeezing Ruby’s hand. “You’re very welcome,’

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks so much for all your wonderful comments.... not logn to go now

Chapter Thirty Two ~ One Month Later...

Things had slowly calmed down, life was beginning to get back to normal, the only problem was Irene; who wasn’t too happy about Nicole being back in Geoff’s life again after the first disaster that had been caused.

Nicole and Geoff were going good, but Nicole felt as though Geoff wasn’t really with her when they were together, she felt as though his mind was somewhere else every time and she had a feeling that Belle had something to do with it.

Belle had spent quite a lot of time with Ruby, helping her deal, even going as far to get Ruby and Annie back on speaking terms again. It had taken some talking and plotting but finally, they were speaking.

But Belle wasn’t as happy as she was a month ago, since that day she had told Ruby about Aden she hadn’t felt like she actually missed him, but was more disappointed in him for ditching her. But it wasn’t that either, it was like she was disappointed that Geoff and Nicole were back together, as if she liked Geoff.

But she didn’t like Geoff in that way; did she?

Every day was becoming a struggle, and now five and a half months pregnant, and craving all kinds of strange and whacked out food and constant sore feet, she couldn’t wait to give birth so she didn’t look so much like a fat whale.

“Morning,’ Annie chirped as she skipped down the stairs and past Belle who was sitting at the table eating scrambled eggs on toast with tomato sauce.

“Mor’ing,’ Belle replied with a mouth full of food as Annie giggled, grabbing a bowel from the strainer and walking back to the table and sitting on the seat next to Belle, watching as she shoveled food into her mouth like she had been starving for a week.

“Geez Belle slow down you’ll end up choking... or something,’ Annie implied as Belle stopped, mouth a gape with bits of egg falling back onto her plate. Quickly chewing down the food that was in her mouth, Belle then smiled.

“Sorry, I’m just starving... you try eating for two here!’

Annie chuckled whilst gently shaking her head before grabbing the cereal and pouring some into her bowl, followed by the milk and her spoon. “Well my nephew sounds like he has Geoff’s appetite,’

Belle nodded in agreement. “Bloody hell coz this lil one does not get it from me,’

Annie laughed again before seeing Nicole coming out of Geoff’s room, slowly followed by Geoff. Belle also turned and looked, the smile quickly disappearing from her features.

“Nicole...’

‘... Hey Belle, Annie,’

“Nic... hi,’ Annie replied with a stunned expression before quickly looking down and spooning some cereal into her mouth in silence.

“Did... you stay... the night?’ Belle asked as Nicole looked at Geoff and slowly nodded. Belle made an ‘O’ shape with her mouth before returning back to her eggs and also continuing to eat in silence.

“Um... I’d better...’ Nicole looked back at Geoff and lowered her head as Geoff half smiled. ‘...Go’ she finally finished as Geoff nodded in agreement. Turning to look back at Belle and Annie, Nicole waved.

“Bye Belle... Annie,’

“Bye...’ They both spoke in union of the other, sound a bit like an echo but still neither looked back up at Nicole.

Belle waited before she heard the door close and Geoff sit down opposite Annie and on the other side of Belle before she spoke. “You let her stay?’

Her voice was hurt, and a little hurt and Geoff could hear the emotion seeping through. “Yeah I did Belle,’

“Jeez Geoff, you could’ve waited a while I mean you’ve already broken Ruby’s heart and lets not forget were having a baby together too,’

“I know that Belle...’

‘... Do you?’ Belle cut him off as she snapped her head up to look at him. Annie took this as her sign to vacate before things got hectic and quickly got to her feet, grabbing her bowl of cereal and her spoon and heading back upstairs to eat in peace.

Geoff looked at her, frustrated. “How can I forget I mean your not exactly skinny are you Belle?’ Instantly regretting what he had said he bit his bottom lip before looking at Belle and seeing tears forming in her eyes.

“Belle...’

‘... Just... don’t” Belle cut him off, choking back a sob before pushing herself off her chair and bumping the table with her stomach, clenching her teeth before taking off out the back door.

“Belle” Geoff called after her before sighing and slapping his hand on his forehead. The sound of footsteps coming back downstairs made Geoff look around to see Irene walking toward him.

“Fight with Belle again?” she asked as Geoff nodded and slumped back down in the seat and lowering his head down onto the table. “Well love, pregnancy hormones will do that to a person,’ Irene replied with a small sympathetic smile before making her way into the kitchen.

She sat on the beach, tears rolling delicately down her cheeks as she hastily wiped them away and looked out at the sea. She could smell the salty air and see the dolphins swimming again.

“Hey” A small voice spoke behind her, Belle didn’t turn around because she already knew who it was.

“Hey yourself” she replied as more tears stung her eyes.

“Are you ok?”

Belle turned and looked at the brown haired girl and nodded. “I guess I... I don’t... know”

“Pregnancy hormones or... Geoff hormones?”

“I think I might... like... Geoff,’

“Ahhh,’ Ruby nodded before taking Belle’s hand into hers as both girls looked at one another. “I’d be happier with you and Geoff then Nicole with Geoff but Belle... if you, really like Geoff then you need to fight for him because for far too long Nicole has; stepped over people and not thought about the consequences and now it’s time that...’ Ruby stopped as Belle creased her brows and saw a smile cross her face.

“It’s time Nicole got a taste of her own medicine!’

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for such a long delay in updates... I had a bit of writers block

Am back now though

Chapter Thirty Three ~ End of an Era

For two weeks Ruby and Belle had plotted their revenge against Nicole and with only three months left in Belle’s pregnancy she was beginning to think that maybe fate had dealt her hand.

Ruby on the other hand was enjoying every second of planning to give Nicole what she deserved, much to Belle’s “ums” and “ahhs”

But today Ruby had to plan by herself as Belle, Geoff, Irene, Annie and Nicole (even as much as Belle did try to protest against Nicole coming) were going off the Belle’s next ultrasound.

Geoff and Nicole walked hand in hand behind Irene and Annie with Belle in between them. Geoff heard Belle talking to the receptionist and looked at Nicole with a smile; Nicole smiled back and squeezed Geoff’s hand tightly.

After waiting the receptionist showed Belle over to the waiting area as the others followed and all took their respective seats. It didn’t take long before Belle was called into the room, surprised once again to see Alyce was doing her scan again, just like the other times.

“Hello again Belle, we have to stop meeting like this and... who is the blonde piece?’ Alyce asked as Belle nodded and looked over at Nicole.

“Thats Geoff’s new ex girlfriend,’ Belle replied jumping on the bed as she let her flats flop onto the floor.

“The guy your pregnant to bought... his new... ex girlfriend to your... ultrasound?’ Alyce was totally confused as to what Geoff was thinking and shook her head in dis-belief. “weird”

“Tell me about it,’ Belle replied.

Ruby was sitting in the Diner sipping on a chocolate milkshake and writing down ideas on how to get back at Nicole when Jai walked in and surprisingly took a seat across from her.

“Hey”

Ruby looked up, gathered her thoughts and nodded. “Hey yourself,’

Jai looked... nervous. “How are you?’

“Oh great!” Ruby replied. “Geoff dumped me for skanky Nicole and Annie barely talks to me anymore. The only person who gives me the time of day is Belle, not even Charlie wants much to do with me,’

“Why?’ Jai asked as Ruby sighed and pushed away her glass half full shake.

“Charlie thinks I made a big mistake dumping Xav for Geoff, because I ended up getting dumped anyway,’

“Well if it means anything, Annie isn’t happy that Geoff took her back so easily. In fact, she’d prefer Geoff to be with you, apparently he even snapped at Belle the other day,’

“Really?’ Ruby’s eyes lit up as soon as Jai had finished speaking.

Jai nodded and grabbed Ruby’s half finished milk shake before sipping quietly on the straw.

Nicole watched as the woman pressed the x-ray machine against Belle’s stomach and saw the picture flicker onto the screen followed by a strong, rhythmic heart beat.

Nicole dropped her head and closed her eyes, fighting back the tears that were threatening to spill before pulling her hand out of Geoff’s and slipping back out the door, making sure it was closed behind her.

-------------------------------------------

Belle’s face lit up as she saw the picture on the screen, the gel was cool on her stomach and as she turned to look at Geoff who was also beaming, she saw Nicole slip back out the door, so quietly the only people who noticed were Belle and Geoff.

She couldn’t help it as a smile crept onto her lips before she turned and resumed her gaze back toward the growing baby on the screen in front of her.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... thanks guys... I'm glad I still have readers :)

next chappie... a few more left :D and things will start to make sense from the next chapter onwards :)

Chapter Thirty Four ~ Revenge

Lying in bed later that night, Belle had a smile on her features as she looked at the ultrasound scan she was holding. She heard screaming coming from Geoff’s room and knew him and Nicole were having a fight, probably about earlier.

Taking one last glance at the scan she then sat it on her bedside table along with the others she had collected throughout her pregnancy and switched off the lamp.

Not even ten minutes after she had turned out the light, was there a tap on the window before it was gently pushed open. Belle rolled over to her other side and switched on her other bedside lamp, staring straight at Aden.

“Get out!’ she threatened coldly. “I don’t want you here, you left without a word and I haven’t heard a thing from you in months,’

“Belle, whenever you want me I’m here... you just haven’t needed me until now,’ Aden replied softly as Belle creased her brows and just kept looking at him.

“What’d you mean by that?’

“Whatever you want it to mean Belle,’

Geoff was sitting at the kitchen table when Belle emerged from her room the next morning, Nicole was sitting next to Geoff, and both of them were shooting daggers at each other.

Geoff looked at Belle and saw she was looking a little more pale than usual in the face, he kept watching her as she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and spoon before coming back in and taking a seat on the other side of Geoff before pouring some cornflakes into her bowl.

She didn’t even realize that Nicole was now shooting her daggers and as she looked up she stopped in her tracks, looking from Geoff to Nicole. “What?’

“Are you ok, you look pale?’ Geoff asked a little too quickly for Belle to believe.

“I’m... fine Geoff,’ quickly glancing at Nicole Belle was fuming. “And what’s your problem?’

“Me...nothing!’ Nicole replied coldly shoving her spoon with force back into her bowl.

“Yeah... right’ Belle slammed her spoon back into her bowl, not even taking one bite before she got to her feet and stormed out the kitchen door, spitefully calling Nicole a ‘skank’ on her way out.

“Ex... well look at you bitch... your no saint,’ Nicole screamed back as Geoff just sat there, dumb-founded.

Ruby was sitting in the Diner flipping through a magazine when Belle stormed in clutching her stomach and wincing. Quickly Ruby slammed the magazine shut and raced over to Belle, quickly grabbing the attention of Irene and Leah. “Belle are you ok?’

Belle nodded before almost collapsing in a heap.

“Oh god girlie... have you eaten today you know what Rachel told you after the last visit, have you eaten?’

“No... Nic...’ was all Belle got out as Irene slammed her hands up into the air before helping Ruby sit Belle down and asking Leah to fix her up something to eat. Leah rushed off as Irene quickly raced back over to the coffee machine and making Belle a decaf latte.

“Just, take deep breaths Belle... your ok now,’ Ruby replied rubbing Belle’s back as she struggled to breathe.

“So this is your plan to get back at Nic?’ Belle asked as Ruby nodded. “Tell Geoff the truth, Rubes that’ll break his heart?’

“Oh...’ Ruby said lowering her head. “I didn’t think of that...’

A smile suddenly crossed Belle’s lips. “No... I’ve got a better idea.’

Ooooooooooooooo this is exciting :D .... coz your about to find out.... something ^_^

Be prepared peeps!

One clue down.... one to go!

hehehehe :D

Chapter Thirty Five ~ I know...

It had taken two weeks for Belle and Ruby, with the help of Annie and Jai to put the plan in motion, but finally, things were ready, but for Belle, her huge stomach made her a little slower than usual.

She was just walking through the kitchen door Nicole came racing around the kitchen bench and got right in her face. “You called him?’ she screamed as Belle just rolled her eyes and pushed past the erratic blonde.

“Called who?’

Nicole scoffed and grabbed Belle’s arm, spinning her back around as Belle slapped her hard across the face. “Get your freaking hands off me,’

“You... you called LIAM” she screamed as she quickly grabbed the newspaper and shoved it at Belle who looked at Nicole and grinned before turning and walking straight into her bedroom, closing and flicking the lock as a droning banging began pounding on the door.

Belle smiled before taking a seat on her bed and opening up the folded newspaper before seeing the headline.

Nicole Franklin’s Sex Tape with Rocker Boyfriend

A small giggle escaped Belle’s lips as she finally realized that Nicole had finished trying to punch holes in her door. But more screaming was coming from the lounge room, a males voice and it was echoing through her bedroom walls.

It was Geoff...

...and Nicole...

...Fighting!

Belle shook her head, ever since Geoff and Nicole had gotten back together they had done nothing but fight over the some of the smallest things, but mostly it had been about Belle or the baby, or because Nicole was jealous.

Pulling her phone out from the side of her bra, which was where she usually kept it these days she found a message from Ruby and read it before replying back, her fingers moving quite fast across the keypad of the phone.

She pressed send.

A gentle tap on Belle’s window later that night woke her from her dream, which she had instantly forgotten, getting dozily off the bed she unlatched the window and was surprised to see Ruby standing on the other side, hair blowing to one side. “Can I come in?’

“Sure” Belle replied with a yawn before standing back and allowing Ruby to climb through the bedroom window, something Belle had been too used to watching Aden do.

“How was it, was her expression priceless?’ Ruby asked once she was inside and sitting on the edge of Belle’s bed.

“It was better than priceless Rubes...’ Belle chuckled.

--------------------------------------------------

They were laughing, having a good time as they walked along the path on the side of the road.

They were walking to the Diner to meet Annie and Irene for lunch, and after Geoff’s tough ordeal it was good to see him laughing again.

Making a comment, Belle gasped in tears of laughter before pushing Geoff as he stumbled out onto the road.

Brakes on a car screeching and Belle screamed as she clutched her hair and watched on in horror as Geoff was lifted up onto the bonnet, hitting the window as the smashing sound reverberated loudly.

Geoff was soon over the roof and hit the road so hard Belle thought she heard bones breaking. She didn’t even stop to look as she ran towards him, screaming out his name as she heard a car door and a pair of running feet behind her followed by ‘Ambulance please’

They were on the corner of the windy road when Bell had just reached an unconscious Geoff as a horn was sounded.

Belle looked up and spun around as she saw the red car screeching before her legs were lifted out from under her and she hit the bonnet with a thud.

She tossed and turned, thrashing against the sheets, scrunching her fists into a ball so hard that her nails dug through her skin and small drops of blood began to seep into the crimson blue sheets.

“Geoff Campbell, 16 years old, hit by a car, possible broken back and ribs and possible head injury’

“Belle Taylor, 17 years old, also hit by a car, stopped breath but was resuscitated by ambulance, confirmed brain injury, possible brain damage’

“Belle... love can you hear me, please come back to us...’

‘... Belle, it’s Annie, Geoff’s awake, please you have to wake up to...’

‘... Irene you have to understand, it’s possible that Belle may never wake up...’

(Crying) “Please wake up...’

(Distant Voices) “Irene we have to consider turning off her machines, I mean she has a machine breathing for her...’

‘...No!’

“Love please come back, its been two months, please, please come back...’

“Belle... it’s Geoff... Can she hear me?’

“We don’t know, but we have to try...’

‘...She’s breathing by herself, but there’s still no brain movement’

‘...Aden’

‘...Who said that... oh my god Belle spoke!’

She awoke in a pool of sweat, tears streaming down her cheeks, duvet on the floor and sheets clinging to every inch of her. Her heart was racing at a million miles an hour as she quickly maneuvered herself and switched on the bedside lamp and finally took notice of the one photo of her and Geoff sitting on the bedside table, both with bandages around their heads.

“Oh my god... we were hit by a car!’

• 2 weeks later...

Writers block is annoying. But I love you all. Because your all patient.

Only a short one I'm afraid, more explaining.

Chapter Thirty Six ~ He’s Not Real!

“So who’s this Aden?’ Irene asked as she sat in Rachel’s office with Geoff by her side.

“Let me first say, the part of Belle’s brain that was damaged is the part that separates fantasy from reality, so real from fake and because of the accident Belle’s brain has created someone that isn’t real, and Belle may never remember what happened, she may remember bits and pieces but that may come with consequences and we won’t know what they are until that happens. So as far as Belle is concerned, This Aden character is as real as you and me, but she won’t know that he’s not.’

Irene made an ‘O’ shape with her mouth and slowly nodded her head as Geoff just sat there, staring into nothing. “What about...?’ Irene pointed to Geoff and Rachel nodded.

“He has all his short term memories right up until the accident, anything from the accident onwards he cant remember so he’ll be repeating the few months of his life for the rest of his life,’

Belle didn’t realize that sunrise was coming until her bedroom started to lighten, she pulled herself out of her trance, realizing she had been awake for at least a couple of hours now, remembering every little details.

Aden wasn’t real. She’d been in an accident. Geoff had been in an accident. But Aden, he wasn’t real.

She looked over at the big red numbers on her clock and saw that it was almost half past five in the morning, her frustration finally boiling over as she shoved back her duvet and shuffled off the bed and racing as fast as she could out of her room and toward the stairs, already screaming out Irene’s name fiercely.

She stopped at the bottom of the stairs and waiting, tapping her foot impatiently as she continued to scream out to Irene, soon hearing footsteps racing toward the stairs. Irene soon raced down them, followed closely by Annie who looked worried before seeing Belle completely fine but angry, sighed and turned before trudging back to bed.

“What in gods name girlie...’

“...We were in an accident, Aden’s not real... we were in an accident Irene,’

“Oh... oh my god love you remember?’ Irene was astounded as she raced down the remainder of the stairs and stopped in front of Belle, covering her mouth with her hands in complete shock.

“I remember... everything,’

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“So they suggested I send both you and Geoff into full time professional care, but I wouldn’t hear a word of it Belle. I love you, Geoff and Annie as if I gave birth to you myself and I don’t care if you were born with deformities or what, I would never send you away just because it got too tough,’ Irene finished as both women sat on the couch, Belle with a hot cup of herbal tea and Irene with her usual black coffee.

“So... will I remember that we were in an accident?’ Belle asked. She had so many questions running through her mind that she wanted to know that she didn’t even know where to start.

“Maybe, Rachel said one day you may make a full recovery, but who knows,’ Irene replied as Belle lowered her head, feeling like she was an invalid.

“What about Geoff?’

“Well he’s made a lot of progress since the accident, and especially since you two are having a baby. Before he was reliving the break up with Nicole over and over again, but now they are back together and he remembers the fact that you two slept together and are having a baby,’

Belle nodded, looking down at her growing bump before rubbing her stomach protectively.

“So Aden’s not real, my brains all mushy and Geoff’s brain is a little mushy but I might not even remember this conversation,’ Belle spoke more to herself then to Irene before nodding again.

“I guess... I guess I’m going to have to live with it, well... I really have no choice in the matter,’

Irene smiled sympathetically at Belle before rubbing her arm gently. “I heard about the Nicole thing Belle,’

“Yeah...’ Belle replied with a low sigh. “I’d better go find her and apologize, talk later Irene,’ Belle replied as Irene smiled proudly at Belle and watched her sit her cup down and push herself up from the couch before leaving the house.

Irene then let her smile drop and sighed herself. “Poor kid,’

Ok. Seriously. You guys are amazing.

3 Chapters left.

And this is dedicated to.... carina.vanessa.adellefan, Red Ranger 1 & Barbara for reading this right throughout! you guys have what kept me going.

Chapter Thirty Seven ~ The Fight!

After walking around for almost an hour, Belle was tired, sore and out of breath, and still hadn’t found Nicole anywhere, finally deciding to head home.

She had taken her time walking back to the house, and when she walked through the kitchen door she heard yelling from upstairs. Speeding up her pace she tore through the kitchen and lounge and started up the stairs, reaching the top she heard Annie screaming and then Nicole’s voice but in over the top, also yelling.

She had just reached the top of the stairs when she heard Annie yell out something to Nicole she never thought she’d hear Annie say, ever. “Skank”

“Excuse me,’ Nicole bellowed back as the screaming was getting closer and closer toward the stairs. “How dare you call me a...’

“What skank, well you are and everyone knows it,’ Annie suddenly came stumbling out of her bedroom and hit the wall as Nicole came screaming out after her.

“Why you little bitch!’

“HEY...’ Belle screamed as she grabbed Nicole’s arm as she exited Annie’s bedroom and spun her around. “Don’t you dare... talk to her like that...’

“Oh and what are you going to do, go running to Liam and the newspaper about me, don’t think that just because your pregnant to my boyfriend, it gives you the right to tell me what to do,’ Nicole spat back before shoving Belle.

She didn’t realize what was happening until it was too late as she tumbled down the stairs, rolling, hitting her stomach as she crashed through the barrister, landing with a ‘thud’ on her stomach in front of Geoff’s door, finally blacking out.

“BELLE...’ Annie screamed, racing down the stairs to reach Belle, leaning down beside her and gently shaking her. “NIC...’ she screamed in complete horror. “Don’t just stand there, call an ambulance... NOW...’

Annie turned to Belle, rolling her over onto her back and gasping. “Oh no... NIC SHE’S BLEEDING!’

Mouth open in shock, Nicole just stood at the top of the stairs, watching, unable to move until Finally Annie jumped to her feet and raced over to the phone and dialled ‘000’

“I... I need an ambulance my... Belle my sister is pregnant and was... was pushed down the stairs... she’s... she’s bleeding... ummm it’s... its 12 Pacific Road um yeah... yeah that’s the one... please hurry,’

----------------------------------------------------------

“Belle Taylor, 19 years old, 6 and a half months pregnant and has been pushed down the stairs of her home, she was also unconscious and bleeding from the vaginal entrance but bleeding has ceased,’ the ambulance driver spoke as they rushed Belle through emergency with Rachel listening intently.

“Ok triage one and I want an immediate ultrasound, blood work done and a C T scan a sap, we’ll have to work fast if we’re going to save both her and this baby,’ she yelled as she turned to Julie.

“Get onto Irene now, tell her what’s happened and to get in here,’ at that Julie nodded and quickly exited the room as Rachel went ahead to try and save both Belle and the baby.

2 hours later

Rachel exited the room and was bombarded with questions from both Irene and Geoff, quickly raising her hands as both stopped talking. “She’s awake, but we cant stop the bleeding which means she’s gone into premature labour. Now what this means is that is that were going to have to be very quick when Belle gives birth because the baby is going to be very small and cannot suck, swallow and breathe at the same time, so the baby will be taken straight to the neonatal ward.

At the moment the baby is very distressed so we have to act fast otherwise we could lose both of them so Irene or Geoff, which one of you would like to help Belle see this through?’

Irene turned to Geoff and nodded. “You go love, tell her I love her too,’

Geoff gulped before nodding and quickly followed Rachel who was already racing back into the room, stopping at the door he turned to Irene who nodded and with a smile at him and watched him close the door behind him.

“IRENE,’ Annie bellowed as she tore around the corner and ran straight into her foster mother. “How’s Belle? How’s the baby? Are they ok? Oh god please tell me...’

“She’s in labour now,’ Irene cut her off as Annie’s mouth dropped open in shock.

“But it’s too early, it’s... oh god it’s too early...’ Annie’s eyes began to tear up at the thought of losing her first ever niece or nephew so close to the due date. “It’s... it’s too...’ she couldn’t finish the last sentence before she burst into tears, being pulled into a tight hug by Irene who let her sob into her chest.

“They... h-have to b-be o-o-okay,’

“Ssshhh love it’s ok, they’re in good hands,’ Irene shushed the sobbing girl, rubbing the top of her hair and placing a kiss on the top of it.

He had held her tightly as sobs racked her body, he held her hands as he lay on the bed with her, tears trickling down his face but he couldn’t let her know he was too crying, he had to be strong for her, he had to.

Choking back sobs Belle’s head was throbbing, her pelvis was throbbing, she was in some major pain but Geoff whispered softly in her ear, telling her that is was ok to sleep, that she deserved to sleep and finally, after what seemed like forever, her sobs became small sniffles before shallow breathing filled the room as she finally gave into the darkness which was sleep.

Geoff listened to her soft breathing and could feel her chest rising and falling delicately as he finally let his tears fall freely. He couldn’t believe that this was happening, no sooner had Belle given birth to the baby had they whisked him out of the room... not breathing.

It had almost been an hour and still, they hadn’t been told anything, was their baby boy alive or dead, he didn’t know, Belle didn’t know.

He needed to know, gently pulling his hands out of hers, he lifted himself off the bed and gently exited the room, making sure the blanket was over Belle’s shoulders before closing the door behind him and wiping his now red and puffy eyes.

He turned around and saw Annie crash into him, wrapping her arms tightly around him, sobbing and dig her head into the crook of her brothers neck. He hugged her tightly before being joined by Irene, but then he saw Rachel, pulling out of Annie’s grip and quickly heading over to her.

“Rachel, how is he? I need to know, is my baby alive?’

Awww. Two Chapters left. I dont want it to end. *Sigh*

Chapter Thirty Eight ~ Memories...

Rachel led Geoff over to the seat close by and sat down next to him. “Your baby is alive and for now doing well, he’s going to have to stay in for quite a while and there are a number of things that could go wrong. He has a tube that is feeding him and he is quite small, pink and wrinkly but we have high hopes that he’s going to be fine,’

Geoff sighed with happiness, letting his tears fall freely once again as he quickly thanked Rachel before asking if he could see the baby.

“Of course,’ Rachel replied.

Irene and Annie stood outside the neonatal window of the room all the premature babies were bought to, staring at Geoff in the far corner of the room. He had his hand through the hold in the humidity crib and was stroking the babies hand gently.

Annie looked at Irene, tears were brimming her eyes. “She just stood there, she just stood at the top of the stairs and did nothing, but as soon as I called the ambulance she took off, not even staying to see if Belle was going to be ok. How can anyone do that Irene?’

“I don’t know love, but by god that girl is not welcome back into my house and when Belle wakes up I’ll be pressing her to make charges,’

“Is Belle going to be ok?’ Annie asked as Irene turned to her and saw tears trickling down the teens cheeks.

“Oh girlie, she’ll be fine, we’ll help her through this, all of us, as a family,’ Irene wrapped her arms around the girl as Annie wrapped her arms around Irene’s waist and hugged her tightly.

“I love you Irene,’

“Oh girlie. I love you too, all of you!’

One Week

Belle had been kept heavily sedated since having to endure premature labour, and with a concussion it had been decided to keep in a sleep like state until they knew she could handle it all.

Finally they had taken her off the drugs, all they had to do was wait for her to wake up on her own and find out if she remembered anything.

Geoff had spent most of his time at the hospital, either with the baby or with Belle; he had barely slept and had big bags under his eyes. But still he refused to leave Belle or the baby, which they had taken to calling baby as Belle hadn’t been awake so they could choose a name for him.

Two Weeks

She stirred every now and again but never fully gained consciousness, she was still bleeding from the birth but the doctors had told Geoff it was normal and would keep bleeding for up to four weeks after the birth.

The baby still had a tube feeding it, but the top of the humidity crib was now allowed to come off so Geoff could stick his thumb in the baby’s mouth to try and teach it to suckle. It had taken a few long, slow days but finally she baby was gently sucking on the end of his thumb.

Belle was beginning to gain consciousness, but only for a few minutes each time before falling back into the darkness. Not even long enough to be told about the baby.

Nicole hadn’t shown her face at the hospital since pushing Belle down the stairs, And Geoff couldn’t even be bothered to call her or even talk to her because if he did right now, he would lose it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

She sat on the stairs just staring at a photo of herself and Geoff before all the **** happened and she ended up cheating on him with Liam. She missed what they used to have but she knew now that Belle was the most important in his life... Belle and the baby now.

But she didn’t even know if they baby had survived, no one had rang her to let her know of anything, although why would they when she was responsible for all of it, it she hadn’t have gone there to have a go at Annie Belle wouldn’t have been pushed at all and maybe she would still be pregnant, and fine.

She let the tears fall down her cheeks before quickly swiping them away with the palm of her hand and pulling herself up to her feet. She made her way down the stairs and walked into the kitchen to the fridge before pulling out a bottle of vodka from the freezer and a cold glass and chucking some ice in it. Walking back into the lounge room she threw herself on the couch and took the top off the bottle before pouring the clear contents into her glass.

It was a 4 hours later when Nicole fluttered her dreary eyes open, rubbing them before looking around the room, everything was a blur as she pushed herself to her feet and stumbled before falling back down onto the couch, her head beginning to pound so hard it felt like she’d been hit with a baseball bat.

She moaned in agitation before stumbling to her feet again, leaving the now empty vodka bottle on the floor beside the couch and made her way up the stairs, holding tightly onto the barrister on her way up as not to fall back down.

She made it to her bed before passing out again.

Belle was drowsy, but awake... which was a good sign as Rachel checked her chart before doing her obs. “How are you feeling?’

“Like I j-just gave birth,’ Belle replied with a small, hoarse voice, trying to push herself up in the bed but failing, miserably.

“What can you remember Belle?’ Rachel asked cautiously, wanting to know if she remembered the crash and the baby.

“I rem-remember me and Geoff being in an accident, that’s... that’s it...’

Rachel’s eyes narrowed as she lowered her head, hearing Belle ask her ‘What’s going on?’

“Belle, you don’t remember being pregnant, or going into premature labour?’ Belle looked shell shocked before quickly shaking her head.

“No... no I... I cant have... I don’t... no...’ Her breathing became erratic and her chest tightened as she clasped her hands over where her heart was, struggling to breath. Rachel quickly raced over to Belle, grabbing the oxygen mask and slipping it over her face and switching it on.

Belle then grasped the mask, widening her eyes as Rachel watched her chest rise and fall so fast it looked like she was having a heart attack.

At that moment, Geoff happened to walk in with the portable humidity crib being wheeled in with the baby inside as Belle saw the baby and gasped, completely halting all breath as her chest fell silent.

Wow. Almost over. But it's ok. I've started a new fic. Just one chapter left

:(

Chapter Thirty Nine ~ Starting Over

Geoff, Irene, Annie and the baby waited outside Belle’s room whilst Rachel had a good talk with her. Geoff had his pinky finger in the baby’s mouth as it gently suckled the end of his finger.

“Why wont they tell us whats wrong with her?’ He was getting frustrated as Annie took his free hand and held it tightly.

“I think they want to check her out before they talk to us love, just give them a few minutes,’ Irene reassured Geoff as the door opened and Rachel exited the room, closing the door before turning to Belle’s family.

“She needs ten minutes and then you can take the baby in but... just take it easy with her because she’s scared and vulnerable and can’t remember what’s happened the last 7 months since falling pregnant and before that; She can’t even remember Aden and she’s been believing he is real for the last two years of her life,’

Geoff nodded before sighing and turning back to the little boy in the humidity crib who was now sleeping peacefully but still suckling on his thumb.

Annie looked at Irene and then to Geoff. “Shouldn’t you call Nicole and let her know...’

‘...No...’ Geoff replied coldly. “I’m busy now and I really don’t know if I could hold back at the moment,’

“Ok. I’ll go.’ She got to her feet and looked at Irene who gave a simple nod before turning to Geoff. “Do you want me to pass on anything Geoff?’

“Yeah, I’ll come over later, once I’m calmed myself down,’

Annie nodded before turning and walking off down the hall, turning the corner as her family disappeared from her sight.

----------------------------------------------------

She stepped off the bus and took in a deep breath of fresh air as the amount of body odour on the bus was beginning to make her feel nauseous.

She was at the end of the street of Nicole’s house, and began to walk the distance toward the house. She pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to Irene, letting her know she was safe and about to turn up Nicole’s drive way before slipping her phone back into the pocket of her jeans. The sun was beginning to set and a warm, orange tint over the cloudy skies.

She walked up the drive way and saw Nicole’s yellow convertible parked on the lawn. She reached the front door and tapped on it gently, waiting.

He sat beside her bed with the crib next to him as Belle just stared at the sleeping form beside her, she was scared, well more like terrified and she couldn’t get her head around the fact that she had carried that child for almost seven months.

“Belle?’

She looked up at Geoff as he reached over and took her hand in his. “Breathe...’

She slowly let out a breath she had been holding in since Geoff had bought the baby in and lowered her head. “I’m sorry,’ she whispered as Geoff stroked her hand with a small smile.

“It’s ok, I’m just glad your both ok,’

“Why cant I remember my baby?’ She asked in a scared tone, breaking down into small sobs.

“Is Belle ok? Is the baby ok?’ Nicole asked as they stood in the lounge in front of the stair banister. Nicole’s hair was ruffled and sticking out in different places and her eye liner had run, a dead giveaway that she had been crying.

“They’re fine, going to be fine but Belle cant remember even being pregnant so it’s going to be a long journey,’ Annie replied as Nicole sighed and turned, heading into the kitchen to the fridge and pulling out another bottle of vodka.

“It’s all my fault, me and my jealousy,’ Annie watched in shock as Nicole took a huge gulp straight from the bottle, screwing her face up for a couple of seconds before coughing and making her way back into the lounge.

“Yeah it is but... drinking isn’t going to solve anything Nicole, and Geoff said he’d come around later once he’s seen Belle,’

“It might not solve anything, but it numbs everything little Annie... now please leave me alone to wallow in self pity.’

Annie sighed before turning and leaving as Nicole wished and decided to head home instead of going back to the hospital.

“So... I think you should choose a name for the baby, seeing as you cant remember much else,’ Geoff said as Belle looked at him for a moment before slowly nodding.

“Ok... there’s this name stuck in my head, I don’t know where I’ve heard it before but... it sounds nice,’ Belle replied as Geoff looked at her and nodded. “Aden,’

Geoff thought for a second before nodding with a small smile and squeezing Belle’s hand. “I think it’s perfect, now you get some rest as I have to get Aden back to the neonatal ward, I’ll be back later ok,’

Belle nodded and took a quick glance at the baby she had just named before watching Geoff exit the room, pushing the crib before closing the door, leaving Belle to gather her thoughts, or what she could remember.

Once the baby was back on the neonatal ward, Geoff pulled out his phone, searching through the phone book and finding Nicole’s number and pressing the dial button.

It didn’t take long before she answered. “Geoff,” she said quickly, sounding a little upset.

“We need to talk, I’m on my way over,’ he replied quickly, having no desire to talk on the phone he hung up and took one final look at baby Aden before making his way out of the hospital, on his way to Nicole’s.

So..... before I post the final chapter... Yes I'm delaying it as long as I can lol... I wanted to say thanks... so here goes

thank you rocknroll, RR1, adellejefferiesxox, Georgia, ~zoe~, tessalove, heavenforbid, barbara, meant2live, haaxhaa, Taniya_K, jarliefanever, carina.vanessa.adellefan and everyone else who has ever taken a part in reading this fic... I would name you all but my flipping computer is playing up on me! :angry:

anyway... I hope... really hope that you all like the ending, and I really hope... that I have wrapped everything up!

Chapter Forty ~ Moving On

He stood outside her front door and took in a deep breath before lifting his hand and gently knocking on the door, waiting.

It didn’t take long before Nicole opened the door, her hair was wet so she must’ve just had a shower and when she told him to come in her breath smelled like mint, she had brushed.

“Thanks,’ Geoff replied as he walked in and took a seat on the couch, waiting as Nicole shut the front door and joined him seconds later.

“I’m sorry,’ she quickly blurted out as Geoff looked stunned, not expecting her to speak. “I’m so, so sorry about... everything but it’s made me realize something,’

“Look Nic...’

“You should be with Belle, you love Belle and they’re going to need you now,’

Geoff stopped dead in his tracks, mouth wide open in shock as he studied Nicole’s expression to see if she was joking, she wasn’t.

“I... are you insane?’ he quipped as he jumped up from the couch and started packing the floor behind it.

“No... if anything the drinking has made me see sense and... you love Belle more than you love me and she’s going to need you more than me and I cant stand in the way of a family Geoff and you know that,’ she whispered audibly, a sad tone in her voice but the look on her face told Geoff she had made up her mind.

“What about us?’ he asked, he was surprised it had come out of his mouth, but he did love her, that was one thing he did know.

“Maybe one day, but Belle and baby... baby...’

‘...Aden,’

“Baby Aden need you more right now than I do, I can look after myself, they cant. Geoff please don’t fight me on this, I’ve thought a lot about it, even so much I’ve called my dad and asked him to come home but... you need your family and you need Belle, and Geoff you know she needs you too,’

Geoff stopped, leaning against the stair barrier before sighing and slowly nodding his head. “Yeah, I guess your right I should...’

“You should go Geoff, go and be with Belle and your no doubt gorgeous baby boy,’ Nicole chocked back a sob, not realizing how much it actually broke her heart until she was about to say goodbye.

Seeing how much Nicole was actually giving up for him, broke Geoff’s heart, pulling at his heart strings as he pushed himself away from the barrister, walking around the couch and sitting back down next to Nicole, much closer than before. “Come here,’

He pulled Nicole into his embrace and held her there as she began to sob quietly into the crook of his neck, wrapping her arms around his back tightly, not wanting to let go, ever. “I love you Geoffrey,’ she whispered into his hear as she felt Geoff’s body shutter and him sniffle back a sob.

“I love you too Nic,’ he replied in barely a whisper. Neither wanted to move, but both new that they had to, soon... but for now, they just sat there holding each other.

A few hours later Geoff arrived back at the hospital and headed straight towards Belle’s room, only to find her not there, turning he headed toward the nurses station and asked Julie where Belle was.

“She’s up at the neonatal ward, requested to see baby Aden.’

“Thanks,’ he replied before heading straight to the lift and waiting before getting impatient and taking the stairs to the neonatal ward instead. Once he had arrived up there he made his way to the window, only to see Rachel standing at the window.

Walking up beside her, he looked through the window, seeing Belle in the far corner of the room sitting in a wheel chair just staring at the crib. Her hands were sitting on her lap and she wasn’t leaning in to look, she was just staring at the crib.

“She’s analysing things,’ Rachel spoke up, making Geoff jump as he turned to look at her, she was looking at him with a small smile.

“She’s trying to make up her mind whether to smile, cry, run away, put her hand in the crib, she’s frightened but her body is telling her that she has someone she cares about deeply and feels like she needs to bond with,’

“Will she ever remember?’ Geoff asked as Rachel sighed and shook her head.

“The tests we done on her brain diagnoses she cant remember any short term memories so once she goes to sleep tonight, she wont ever remember being near the baby, even having the conversation with any of us,’

Geoff felt a flood of tears spring in his eyes but then Rachel smiled at him sympathetically. “Have you ever seen 50 First Dates?’

“Yeah I have,’

“Well I think you should do something similar that Adam Sandler’s character does for Drew’s... make her a video each night after she goes to bed, so she doesn’t freak out, because she will be released from hospital in the next couple of days and then she will go home,’

“Yeah, I’ll do that,’ Geoff replied more to himself than to Rachel.

A few weeks later, Belle wasn’t getting any better, but had done just as Rachel had told Geoff, after going to bed each night she would wake up the next morning and not remember a thing, the accident being the only fresh thing in her mind every single day. It had been almost two months since the baby was born and he was doing very well, and now being big enough to hold had brought tears to Geoff’s eyes.

But now it was time for Belle to go home. After waking up and watching the video Geoff had made her, she had cried and then just sat there for at least fifteen minutes before gathering herself together and proceeding on to get dressed.

She had only just finished zipping up her jeans when there was a knock on the door, sitting down on the bed Belle called out for them to come in. She waited as Geoff walked in with the bundle of blankets cradled in his arms. “Ready to go home?’ he asked.

Belle hesitated. She was terrified, no doubt she probably felt like this everyday, but she couldn’t remember. “I don’t... I don’t know,’

Geoff half smiled at her before sitting down next to her, still cradling baby Aden in his arms as he watched Belle, who was watching the tiny face wrapped in the blanket. “Have I...?’

She pointed to baby Aden and slowly swirled her finger in circles. “Have I held him?’

“No, you haven’t been ready and I don’t want to force you until you are ready, I love you Belle,’

Belle broke her gaze from the baby and looked up at Geoff before opening and closing her mouth, trying to find the right words to say. “Do I love you?’

“I don’t know Belle, until your ready,’

“I... I think I might... I feel... something, fluttering in my stomach, like butterflies as soon as you walked in,’

Geoff’s heart melted as he heard what she had said and then he didn’t know what had come over him as he leant into her and gently kissed her, ever so lightly on the lips. He felt Belle pull back for a second and gasp before her lips gently touched his.

Slowly, he pulled back and looked at her, she had her eyes closed and she was holding her breath, like she was scared or something, then she opened her eyes and looked at him.

“I..Can I?’ she asked, nodding toward the bundle in Geoff’s arms. He nodded before climbing off the bed and standing in front of her as he passed Aden into Belle’s arms, filling the gaps nicely. She took in a deep breath before looking up at Geoff who nodded at her, slowly pulling his arms out from under the bundle.

She looked down at him, a tiny smile etched across her features and she felt her heart strings pull and begin to race. A single tears escaped her eyes and rolled down her cheeks and she knew, even though she could never remember giving birth to Aden, she somehow knew she did.

As she looked up at Geoff, she saw he also had tears running down his cheeks. She smiled sweetly at him before climbing off the bed, still holding the baby in her arms as Geoff wrapped one arm around her lower back and spoke. “Let’s go home,’

Geoff returned the smile before nodding. “Yes, lets go home,’

P.S Please keep an eye out for my new fic... (It's a love hate kinda thing)

you can also watch the trailer

Comments

Archived