Repercussions

Guest adellejefferiesxox

Short & Crappy chapter ahead... Thanks to the same people have commented you give me the strength to keep on writing. I've been very busy lately and I'll continue to be busy with my life, I am very tired today but I thought I'd better update anyway to prove that I'm not going to neglect this fic, although I am struggling to keep writing as I lack the motivation to write fics at this present time in my life. I really love reading reviews about my work because it allows me to improve and see what I'm doing wrong, that's why I really appreicate the comments. They are very helpful and meaningful. So I hope you get something out of this chapter...

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.” Unknown

“Are you serious, the baby kicked you yesterday? That’s incredible, come on, kick for daddy...” Geoff touched Belle’s stomach. “Ahh no, thank you, do you even realise that it does hurt when they kick me”

Geoff eyes lit up as he admired the beauty of Belle and the notion of parenthood. Still with his hand on Belle’s stomach, he gently rubbed it slowly in circles, Belle felt slightly uncomfortable with people touching her stomach all the time. Then her mind thought back to the moment Aden had felt the babies kick for the first time, not Geoff. Poor Aden, this wasn’t easy for him and Belle knew it, she didn’t want to lose Aden in her life as he was a very important person to her. But she hated knowing she was the cause of his pain. Belle swallowed as the guilt began to eat at her, her stomach churned while her palms turned sweaty, “Geoff.....there’s something I need to tell you”

“Yeah sure” Geoff was oblivious to Belle’s coming revelation. “Um....I wasn’t alone when it happened”

“Oh, so Irene felt it too?” Geoff watched as Belle transmitted a negative vibe, he could almost feel her energy. “No Geoff, it was Aden. Aden felt the first kick....” Geoff was stunned, he was lost for words. Sure, it took some time for him to accept he wasn’t there when the baby had kicked but knowing that Aden was with Belle when it had happened trigger a spark of jealously and anger inside of him. “Aden....Aden was with you yesterday? Why was he here?” He tried to remain calm, giving Belle a confident, expressionless face. “He.....he just dropped by that’s all.....you have nothing to worry about”

“Right....so I shouldn’t care that he was the one to feel it before me, I should be okay with that” Geoff temper was fuming, as if he were a kettle which was close to boiling point. “Y-Yes....it will happen again, you won’t miss out” Belle smiled rubbing he right hand for reassurance. “I may not miss out next time, but I missed the first time....why did you let me in, why was he here in the first place, he should stay away from you”

“NO!” Belle cried in despair. “I can’t lose Aden; you know what he means to me”

“Yeah that’s just the problem, do you love him like a friend or something more? Do you want your relationship with him to be something more?” Geoff raised his tone; anger was evident in his voice.

“I love you, you know that. I just want Aden to be my friend, that’s all. You are the one I want to be with, I don’t think I can ever go back to what I had with Aden, I’m all yours Geoff” Belle stroked his upper body. “Okay’ He shrugged still finding it hard to believe Belle’s words, she knew the deep and profound love Aden and Belle shared, if Belle was serious then Geoff knew it would take some time to get over Aden. Geoff was willing to wait; after all he was madly in love with Belle. He had been for many years. Once Aden was on the scene, Geoff knew his chances were out number, he was always second best, but now Belle was within reach and he wasn’t about to give her up without a fight.

Outside the diner Geoff sat on the grass staring out to the ocean, it was so big, wide and open – so much freedom. Geoff knew once he was a father of two, his freedom would minimize dramatically. “Hey” A manly voice emerged. His voice had ignited the emotion of anger. “What do you want” He didn’t even bother to turn around and acknowledged he was standing behind him. “I...I just wanted to say hi that’s all...” Aden had a bad feeling Belle had told Geoff about yesterday. “Bye” All he wanted was Aden gone, Geoff never knew what a baby’s kick had felt like, and he had been waiting weeks and weeks to find out.

Aden sighed as he walked in front of him blocking his view of “freedom”. “Get lost” He looked at his feet. “No, first I want to apologise, I had no idea the baby would kick Belle. It was out of my control”

“Yeah but you didn’t have to feel it did you” Geoff stood up now eyeing Aden. “No” he said quietly feeling remorseful. “Mate, I’m sorry”

“I.am.not.your.mate” Geoff spat his words at Aden as his panting, clutching his fist so tightly. Aden looked down at his fist, “If you want to do it, don’t hold back...I deserve it....after all I’ve done to Belle, I deserve this”

“I’m better than that” Geoff released his tight grip and started to walk away from him. “You know you want to do it, just get it over with, Belle doesn’t need to know. If it will make you feel better, please....just do it Campbell”

“No....now leave me alone” He said in a soft and sad tone, walking away at a snail's pace, staring at the grass. It was like he was a zombie. Geoff didn’t have a clear picture of the future, so many unexpected things were happening beyond his control.

“Hey, where have you been? I’m been so worried” Belle hurried to Geoff’s side. “Out” Geoff looked as if someone had died. “Babe, are you okay” Belle caressed his cheek. “I.....I just wanted to be the one.....I should have been there.....it’s so unfair....” His eyes blinked several times before they filled with water, as the salty water stung his eyes he began to blink even more. “Heey...” Belle pulled him into a hug, “I am so sorry, I should have called you....or better yet I shouldn’t have let Aden feel my stomach. I am so in the wrong”

“No.....I’ll be okay, its okay, and everything is fine Belle. Don’t worry about me, just focus on yourself and our little miracles of god. I’ll get over it in time....excuse me” Geoff dragged himself into his room closing the door behind him.

Belle tiptoed to his door, she was unsure if she should disturb him, “Geoff...” Belle tapped the door. “Mm” Geoff replied. “I was thinking may we could go baby shopping tomorrow if you like”

There was a pause for a little while, Belle began to have doubts that Geoff had heard her or that he was getting angrier by the minute at her suggestion, “Yeah, sounds good” Belle exhaled smiling, “It will be fun....I’ll see you tomorrow then” It was likely that Geoff wouldn’t come back out of his room until tomorrow.

“Geoff...look at this one, awwww....it’s so tiny” Belle held up a pair of socks. What on earth is that” Geoff’s eyes nearly fell out of his head, “They’re socks silly”

“For what a midget” Belle’s hand swung hitting him on the arm, “Aww....how adorable is this, mummy’s little angel”

“Hey look, daddy’s little princess, this one is better” Geoff teased. “Our little angels will be mummy’s little darlings, not daddies. Get your facts right bible boy”

“Look at all these outfits, they are so small. Are you sure they’ll be able to fit in them?” Belle rolled her eyes - men were hopeless. “Geoff, of course they’ll fit into them, if they are get any bigger the poor things won’t be able to fit in them”

“So the babies, they’ll be pretty tiny, yeah....wow.....that’s .....Smaller than I expected”

“Oh geez....you need to start reading more parenting books”

“I am....” Geoff lied. The books were sitting on his drawers, untouched. “Geoff you have to start reading them otherwise...” Belle was about to lecture him, before he cut her off, “I know...I will....” Eventually, he thought to himself.

Thank you to those same people who continued to read and post comments, it truly means the world to me. :P So thank you again. Sadly this is the last chapter as I won't be able to write as often as I would like to due to life commitments. I'm not too sure about this chapter, but I hope it's decent enough. Hope it makes some sense...

Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.

Marsha Petrie Sue

The Ultrasound: Belle’s perspective

Today was the day, to see my babies for the first time. I am nervous. I try to remain focused and calm. “Okay, this might feel a little cool” A lady rubs gel on my stomach, a bit unpleasant I will admit. Then the screen turns on, two little heart beats are first recognisable. “Oh.....Geoff....wow.....” I am emotionally in an instant, tears fall Geoff gives my hand a little squeeze. “Un...believable...” Geoff is left for words. “So that’s one baby’s heart beat, their little fingers and feet..”

“Oh, awww, that’s just too cute” I sighed smiling. “Yeah...”

“Would either or you like to know the sex of the babies?”

“Yes!” Geoff answers before me. “No!” I smack him. “Why can’t she tell me and I’ll keep it a secret”

“No bible boy, because you can’t keep a secret, plus it will drive me crazy knowing that you know”

“But I want too know” Geoff moans. “No” I smack him again, not too hard of course. “Fine...you win”

“As always” I smile.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- -

Belle’s water breaks: Geoff’s perspective

Oh Jesus, what do I do? “Geoff, the baby is coming! Don’t just stand there!” My heart races as Belle is on the ground screaming in pain, my breath becomes faster and faster. Oh god, why me? What should I do? “Geoff, help me!” Belle holds onto my leg, I stare at he shocked my eyes wide open with fear. “I....I....” I struggle to even speak. “Geoff...please... call the ambulance....I’m in labour......go....” Belle’s face is flushed; sweat is dripping down the side of her face. “Ok....Okay...” I agree knowing it’s the right thing to do, the correct procedure to follow once a girl goes into labour, but I stand still with Belle still holding onto my side. “GEOFF!!!!!!!!” Belle screams my name. “Call 000, Call 000, quick!!!!”

I snap out of my state of shock and pick up the phone, Belle is alone on the floor. I dial quickly, although the number I dial doesn’t consist of three numbers, it consists of eight. “Belle...baby.....Belle....” I gasp for breath, almost suffocating. “Geoff, is that you?” The male voice questions on the other side of the phone. “Baby.....coming.....now” Aden tries to make sense of my words. Then the message hits him, “Oh my god, Belle’s in labour?” Aden quickly asks waiting for my reply, but my lips are sealed together, I can’t move my lips to convey a reply. “Geoff, Geoff, is Belle okay? Speak to me, Geoff!” Aden yelled through the phone, this wakes me up slightly, shaking my head to regain focus. “Oh yeah....Belle’s in labour and I need your help, please I don’t know what to do!”

“Have you called 000 yet?” Aden’s panic is evident. “Ahhh....” I begin to say, “Geoff, have you called them or not???” Aden snaps at me. “N....No....”

“Okay, I need you to call the ambulance, do it now!” Aden orders, “I’m coming over”.

Belle moans in pain, I have no idea what to do, “How are you doing” I causally ask her as if she’s not about to have two babies. “Oh I’m fabulous that’s for asking; NOW GET OVER HERE, I NEED TO START PUSHING!!”

“But the ambulance isn’t even here yet, I think you have to wait” I say. “GEOFF, WHEN I SAY I NEED TO START PUSHING, I MEAN I NEED TO START PUSHING!!!!”

“Oh....okay....” Belle reaches for my hand; she holds it tightly and squeezes it. Ahhhh, “Um Belle....could you not squeeze so tightly?”

Belle gives me a death stare, “OH YOU’RE IN PAIN ARE YOU? WELL SO I AM!!!!” Belle deafens me, Okay I whisper, allowing her to cut off my circulation.

“Belle...” Aden jogs through the door.

Belle’s perspective

“Aden” I say relived he is here; at least I could count on Aden to get a grip. “It hurts.....it hurts so much” I moan in agony. “Shh....it’s going to be alright...” Aden holds me while I continue to squeeze the life out of Geoff. “The ambulance shouldn’t be too far away, just hang on Belle” Aden brushes a heap of hair that has fallen in my face. “I’m so glad you’re here...” I manage to give him a smile, then my facial expression shows flickers of fear, pain and exhaustion. “I wouldn’t be anywhere else babe”

“OW, oh god....” Another sensation of pain weakens my body. “Geoff, I need to push, I really need to....OW!”

“Okay, you’re ready, okay...push Belle” Aden sides with me. “I really think she’s supposed to wait...”

“Geoff, if she says she’s ready then she needs to push” Aden yells at him. I am grateful for his support. “Okay....on the count of three, hold my hand...” I squeeze Aden’s hand, just what I needed something else to hold onto in order to release some of my pain. “One....two.....three” Geoff and Aden count together.

I push... “ARGHH! OW, oh god.......oh.....make it stop....!” I take a deep breath in, sucking in as much air as I can possibility attain. “Ready....one....two.....three........PUSH!”

“I CAN’T.....DO......THIS.......” I give up; I have no energy left to push. “Come on Belle, you need to keep pushing” Aden tries to give me confidence. “I can’t.....I can’t do this....I’m scared” I begin to cry. “Babe it’s going to be alright....I’m here.....Geoff’s here.....I know you can do this...” I am resistant at first, but then I nod. “Okay”

‘Ready....and.....PUSH!” I push as hard as I can, taking deep breaths, sweat pours down my face, I definitely don’t look one bit attractive at this point in time. I take a few more deep breaths before I give a long forceful push. Then I hear the sound of my first baby, crying and squirming in Aden’s arms. I look at the first bloody baby, she’s so beautiful. Aden wraps her in a cosy towel. “Okay are you ready to start pushing again” I shake my head. “On the count of three....I can’t hold your hand this time Belle, you need to rely on Geoff this time, ready!”

I scream at the top of my lungs, why the hell isn’t the ambulance here yet? I need drugs; I need them to end this pain. “Okay, one more push should do it” Geoff says this time he sounds much more confident. I push using my remaining energy left. ‘ARGH!”

The second baby cries, covered in icky fluids, but I still find him perfect. “Congratulations guys, you have two healthy babies, a baby boy and a baby girl” Aden smiles at me, I know everything is okay now. “Thank you Aden....Thank you’ I whisper as I touch his face as a mark of my appreciation for his help.

The room is filled with the sound of cries, including me, although I am less noticeable. “Wow, this is incredible”

I hold the baby boy in my arms as Aden still holds my baby girl in his arms, I don’t mind and it seems as though neither does Aden or Geoff, which is a good thing. “You know we need to name them” Geoff smiles stupidly. “Right now?” This wasn’t the best time to be naming our little angels, I am exhausted and I am waiting for the damn ambulance to arrive. “Actually...I had a suggestion, if we ever had a girl..” Geoff says shyly. “Okay...” I go with it, who was I to tell him not to at least articulate his idea of a good name. “It has great significance, well I think so.....if you hate it I understand..”

“Geoff, just tell me: I say getting frustrated. “Adelle” Geoff says then goes into silence awaiting my reaction. “And how is Adelle hold great significance...?”

“Adelle.....is your name combined with Aden...” Aden looks at Geoff in shock, as I do the same. “I don’t understand?”

“In honour of your past history, Aden lost his chance to be with the one he truly adores and I know how hard it is to let go out something you love dearly....”

“Geoff...” I am touched that he would agree to something like this. “Thanks Geoff” Aden speaks up and smiles at him. “Adelle it is...” I giggle; the pain slowly disappears, thankfully. “What about this little guy here” Geoff rocks our son in his arms, “Oh...yes we better not forget about you” I giggle. We all go silent including the babies, they begin to settle down. We are all thinking of names, then I remember one name that stood out for me.

“Tyler?” I say, as I wait to see if they like or dislike the name. “Tyler’s perfect Belle” Geoff leans over and kisses me.

Aden’s perspective

It kills me to let go of the girl I love, it hurts to Geoff holding Tyler in his arms, knowing that Belle and Geoff were the creators of such a little being. It should have been me, I never expected the serious repercussions of sleeping with Nicole and now I am facing the end of result of all this angst. I watch this perfect family unfolding in front of my eyes; I can’t believe this is happening. Just when I think nothing else unexpected could happen, it does. “Geoff, what’s happening?” Belle’s goes into panic.

“I don’t know...” I look to see Geoff freaking out. Why must Geoff always go into panic, he’s the man in their relationship for goodness sakes, then reality hits me and I must also be by Belle’s side and gain control of the situation. “He’s not breathing...” Belle says looking at me for reassurance and answers, I have none. “God damn it when is the f**kin ambulance going to be here!!” Belle shouts out loud. “Hello...Belle Taylor....” Two man rush into the room, well it’s about time, I roll my eyes.

I wait outside the room while Rachel, Geoff and Belle are inside. Hours later, the verdict is delivered. Tyler has left this world forever.

Five years later

“Mummy....” A little girl calls to her mother who is inside their house, she runs through the thick sand, “Adelle!” Aden calls out to her; Adelle gets closer to Aden and jumps into his arms. “Hello sweetie” Aden kisses her head. “How are you?”

“Goooood.....mummy, uncle Aden’s here” Adelle calls back to her mother. Belle is standing at the door, Aden waves. Aden greets Belle with a kiss on the cheek. “Hi...” Belle smiles happily. “Please come in”

Aden enters the house; Geoff is sitting on the couch with a baby in his arms. “Aden” Geoff smiles. “Mate” Aden replies, as he sits next to Aden. “WOW, who’s this little one”

“Bruce” Belle answers, Aden looks back at Geoff. “Yeah” Geoff smiles back at Aden. “Hello.....Bruce” Aden greets the little one, giving a small kiss on his forehead. “Oh...” Belle adds quietly, remembering something. “Adelle, didn’t you say a little while ago you were going to put away your toys”. “Go on Adelle, you promised you would tidy your room”

“Okay mummy” Adelle doesn’t hesitate. “Thank you for coming” Belle thanks Aden. “Of course”

“We are going to hold a special memorial tonight....which is why we brought you here....”

“Yeah sounds perfect, but first how about we go for a walk to witness the glorious sunset” Aden suggests. Belle weighs up her options, Adelle cleaning her room or Adelle joining us to witness a stunning view of earth’s beauties. “Adelle....sweetie, we going to go for a walk...” Belle calls out loud. “Coming”, she calls back. They all stroll along the beach, Belle and Geoff hand in hand; Aden piggy backs Adelle as Geoff carries Bruce. The sun slowly disappears.

Comments

Archived