Plain Sailing

Guest bradyell

:) dried my tears and finished this :D

was easier after take that had been on and cheered me up :wub:

Chapter 21

“What!”

Belle prayed that somebody inside had thought to take a picture of Aden as he walked through the door. Shock was written all over his face.

“How did you? Who?” Aden couldn’t seem to find the words he was looking for.

“Don’t just stand there” Nicole shouted “Get your butt in here so we can get this party started”

Belle took his hand and dragged him into the barn. Aden was staring, speechless around the barn drinking it all in.

“Come on guys, let’s get going with the party, I think Aden needs a minute to find his voice” Roman sensed that Aden needed a while to gather himself. The crowd gathered around the door moved off into the barn and the DJ began to play.

Belle was staring at Aden biting her lip a worried look developing on her face.

“Was this a really bad idea?” she asked looking straight into his eyes.

He stared back at her and without speaking took her face in his hand and lent down to place a gentle kiss on her lips.

“Is that a no” she whispered to him as their lips parted.

“It’s definitely a no” he replied “it’s just that I can’t believe you’ve done all this for me. I’ve never had a surprise party before - I’ve never had a party before!”

“you’ve never had a birthday party?” Belle asked shocked

“I’ve told you before, birthdays weren’t really big in our house”

“Well they will be in ours” she told him stretching up to give him another kiss. “and as for doing all this for you, it’s the least I could do Aden. Like I said before I love you so much, you deserve all this and more so enjoy it O.K”

“O.K. thank you”

“You’re welcome, now go and say hi to all your friends, Nicole looks like she’s going to explode!” Aden laughed and kissed her once more before she pushed him away and insisted he go mingle.

“About time! I’ve been waiting here for ages to talk to you and I’ve got a broken leg if you hadn’t noticed!” Nicole was the first person Aden had gone to talk to after leaving Belle

“Hi Aden Happy Birthday, really good to see you” Aden replied sarcastically to Nicole’s less than welcoming greeting

“yeah yeah, happy birthday” she said

“Don’t mind her mate” said roman walking up to them “happy birthday!” He gave Aden a brief hug slapping him on the back “drink?”

“Erm yeah a beer would be good”

“Coming right up”

“And I’ll have…”

“An orange juice” Roman cut Nicole off as he walked towards the bar

“Ah, orange juice! Hence the reason for the grumpiness” Aden laughed

“I’m on pain meds for my leg and dad wont even let me have one drink” Nicole sulked

“poor Nicole” Aden joked “ So, I can’t believe you managed to keep this quiet”

“I didn’t!”

“Well I didn’t find out so….”

“they didn’t tell me till this morning” Nicole was pouting again

Aden threw his head back and laughed “there was me thinking a miracle had occurred and you had managed to actually keep a secret.”

“I don’t know why everyone has this impression of me that I’m like a young colleen or something”

“Did somebody mention my name” Colleen came bustling over “Happy birthday young Aden”

“Thanks Colleen, and thanks for coming”

“Oh you know me, never one to miss a party”

“Well I better go and mingle a bit more but you two enjoy yourselves yeah!” Aden walked away giggling to himself at the look Nicole was throwing him for leaving her at the mercy of Colleen.

Glancing around the room he saw Belle on the dance floor dancing with Martha, Leah and Irene. He stood to watch her for a moment, she looked so beautiful and happy that he struggled to tear his eyes from her as roman handed him his drink

“Belle’s looking pretty good tonight”

“Yeah she is” he smiled “I can’t believe she’s done all this for me Roman”

“She loves you Aden, it’s that simple mate!”

“Hi guys having fun? happy birthday you”

Miles had just joined them and shook Aden’s hand

“Thanks”

“Not heading out on the dance floor?” he asked Aden and roman

“I’ll need a few more of these first” Aden said waving his beer bottle

“Roman?”

You asking me to dance Miles?”

Aden laughed “I’ll leave you two to it” he walked away and headed over to the table where Rachel and Tony where sitting, baby Emme sat on Tony’s lap her eyes fixed on the lights from the DJ as they changed colour and move around the floor. He bent down and took hold of her hand

“Hey pretty girl you having fun huh?”

“She should be it’s way past her bed time” Rachel said

“Thanks for coming” Aden stood up and pulled out a chair to sit down on.

“You where pretty surprised hey mate?” Tony asked

“Totally, I had no idea!”

“I’m amazed that they managed to keep it from you” Tony continued “You know what this town is like”

“I know they kept it from Nicole” Aden told them “That might have helped”

“I heard about that” Rachel said “I bet that went down well”

“Like a lead balloon I think! I left her to mull it over with Colleen”

“Ouch” Tony laughed “You are gonna pay for that mate”

“I guess, I’m lucky she’s got that cast on, she’s easier to run from!”

Tony and Rachel both laughed at him

“I better move on” Aden said “Thanks again for coming and have a great time yeah”

“you too mate, enjoy” Tony said

“There’s my best girl”

Aden picked up Meg from Annie’s lap. The two of them where sitting at a table with Geoff, Ruby, Xavier and to Aden’s surprise Jai.

“Look at you in your party dress hey! Don’t you look beautiful” He kissed her before resting her against his chest.

“Everybody having fun?”

There where various replies and happy birthdays from the teens sitting around the table .

“Geoff, you don’t look too happy” He was the only one at the table who didn’t look as if he were having fun. “Let me guess, Nicole?”

Geoff nodded so Aden sat down on a chair next to him settling Meg into his arms

“wanna talk to uncle Aden about it?”

Geoff shrugged his shoulders

“Listen mate, she’s just grumpy cause of the leg, being on meds, not being able to have a drink, not being able to dance”

“She’s not the only one” said Geoff waving his plaster casted arm at Aden “But we don’t all spend all day moaning about it!”

“come on Geoff, you should know Nic by now, she has to have something to moan about or she’s not happy! Here’s what you need to do - go to the bar, order her a mocktail, make sure they fill it with umbrellas and straws and sparkly things and take it over to her, tell her you are sorry..”

“but I haven’t done..” Geoff tried to interrupt

“Doesn’t matter mate just say it anyway! Give her the drink, apologise and the second that DJ puts on a slow song ask her to dance”

“You think?”

“Go!” Aden insisted

Geoff jumped up and made his way to the bar. Aden moved up into his seat so he was sitting next to Annie.

“You need any help or advice seeing as how I’m on a roll?” He smiled at her as she took hold of Megs hand

“No we’re pretty good but thanks” she smiled at him

“What about things with…” he nodded at jai who was deep in conversation with Xavier

“They are getting better, I think it’s just going to take time”

“As long as he doesn’t take too long” Aden said raising his eyebrows “Don’t wait around for ever for him Annie, you are too good for that and so is this little lady”

He smiled down at Meg who smiled back “Hey smiley, you’re having fun huh?” he tickled her under her chin and gave her another kiss

“Actually Aden” Annie said “I do need to talk to you about something but I need Belle here too”

“Sounds intriguing”

“Give me a second to go and get her” Annie left the table and Aden watched her walk to the dance floor where Leah pulled her into a dance Annie laughed and joined in for a moment before taking hold of Belle and dragging her over to the table

“What’s going on?” she asked Aden

“your guess is as good as mine” he said shrugging his shoulders

“I want to ask you two something” said Annie sitting down and gesturing to Belle to do the same.

“O.K” said Belle pulling a chair as close to Aden’s as she could before sitting down and placing an arm around his shoulders “Ask away”

“Well I’ve been thinking about getting Meg baptised”

“Really, you do surprise me” Aden said with a smile

Belle tapped him on the side of the head “Aden! Go on Annie”

Annie was smiling “I was wondering… well I’d really like it if you two would agree to being her godparents”

“Annie!” Belle exclaimed “Really?” she looked at Aden. He was smiling a huge smile ahuge smile. “We’d be honoured Annie!”

“Are you sure? Annie asked

“absolutely sure” said Aden leaning over to kiss her cheek “Thanks Annie, it means a lot”

“I know, that’s why I asked and I can’t think of anyone else who loves Meg as much as you two do so there was no choice really!”

“We’ll be the best godparents ever wont we babe?” said Belle turning to Aden

“We will” he said looking down at Meg.

“Right” Annie said “You need to get back to your party Aden, hand her over” she reached out for Meg and Aden passed her back and picked up his drink which was nearly empty

“to the bar I think” he said to Belle who took his hand and led him over through the crowd to get another drink.

The night continued with Belle spending most of the time on the dance floor with the girls and Aden chatting to all the friends who had come to celebrate with him. He was stood at the bar chatting to Roman and a couple of the guys from work when the D.J put on a slow song.

“I reckon that’s your cue mate” said Roman pulling the beer bottle from his hand and pushing him towards the dance floor.

Laughing Aden walked to the dance floor and pulled Belle into his arms

“Ah finally decided to join us have you” she smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She moved as close to him as she could and placed her head against his shoulder. His arms where wrapped tightly around her waist and for most of the song they remained liked that dancing slowly Aden whispering the words of the song into her ear. Nearing the end of the song Belle lifted her head so she could look into his eyes

“Have you had a good night? She asked

He smiled at her and nodded. He couldn’t speak because he couldn’t think of any words to explain to her how happy he was or how much he loved her so he did the next best thing and caught her lips with his, she responded with just as much love and tenderness and for that moment for both of them all the other people in the room disappeared and it was just the two of them.

That was until Nicole interrupted

“Would you two ever get a room!”

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully I wont cut the end of this chapter :rolleyes: Hope you all enjoy it :)

Chapter 22

The party was drawing to a close, there were only a handful of people left. Aden and Belle were standing at the bar chatting with Martha when Irene approached them.

“Darl can I borrow the two of yous for a tic” she asked Belle.

“Sure” Belle replied as her and Aden followed Irene to a table where Roman was sitting.

They all pulled out chairs and sat down

“something wrong?” Aden asked a frown crossing his face

“Far from it love” Irene answered “It’s just that Roman and I have something to give you.”

“your birthday present mate” Roman added “and yours Belle”

“But my birthday isn’t for another two months” Belle said looking confused

“We know that luvvie” said Irene “but we got talking and neither of us could decide on what to get Aden and we realised we’d have the same problem when it came to your birthday so…”

“So we decided” Roman cut in “to club together and get you a joint present and it’s off us, Annie, Geoff, Nicole and your mom Belle”

“mom?”

“Yeah, she called the house a few weeks ago looking for you and we ended up chatting”

“You and my mom chatted?” Belle sounded surprised and rightly so - Irene and Amanda were not the best of friends to say the least.

“yes I know - wonders will never cease!” Irene rolled her eyes “anyway I filled her in on the idea and she thought it was great so she chipped in too.”

“O.K” said Belle with a grin looking from Irene to Roman and then Aden who looked as if he were as confused as her. “So where is this present then?”

“Here you go, happy birthday” Irene handed Aden an envelope

“Thanks” he said “I suppose I better let you open it though” he continued handing it to Belle with a smile

“You know her so well darl” Irene laughed

Slowly belle opened the envelope and pulled out the wallet that was inside gasping as she did so.

“No way!” Aden was a second behind in realising what she had pulled out “airline tickets”

Irene and Roman were both smiling at them

“Where are they to?” Aden asked. Belle was just staring at the wallet in front of her

“Why don’t you look” Roman laughed

Aden took the wallet from Belle and pulled out one of the tickets from inside. His eyes roamed the ticket looking for the destination and when they did he too let out a gasp

“What! Where is it” said Belle snatching the ticket back from him “Fiji! Oh my god!! You have bought us tickets to Fiji!!”

“Yep” Roman nodded with a huge smile on his face “ten nights in an all inclusive resort”

“I can’t believe this” said Aden “It’s too much guys

“Yeah” Belle agreed “we can’t accept this, it must have cost a fortune”

“You better accept it darl because we wont be able to get a refund this late in the day”

“late in the day? What….” Belle began

“Didn’t you look at the date?” Roman asked as Belles eyes went straight back to the ticket hunting for the date

“Sunday the…That’s this Sunday! As in the day after tomorrow!”

“What” Aden was as shocked as Belle

“We can’t go on holiday on Sunday” said Belle “we have work and….”

“Belle, stop panicking” said Irene “It’s all been sorted out. Both of your bosses know and were fine about you having the time off.”

“But it’s….”

“Belle” Irene stopped her “I don’t want to hear any more objections! The two of you went through so much last year and Roman and I are both so proud of how you have come through it all. We think you deserve something special so you go and enjoy yourselves.”

“here here” said Roman

“I don’t know what to say” Aden said looking back and forth between Irene and Roman

“You don’t have to say anything” said Roman “Like Irene said just enjoy it”

“We will wont we Belle” Aden looked over at Belle who was looking down at the ticket in her hand “Babe?”

“We will” she said before jumping up and throwing her arms around Irene’s neck

“steady on love” Irene laughed hugging Belle back

Belle was hugging Martha goodbye an hour later

“Are you sure you don’t want us to stay and help clear up?” she asked

“Sure I’m sure” Martha said as she released Belle from the hug and turned to hug Aden

“Thanks for all this Martha” he said “Belle said how you helped her organise it all”

“No problem” Martha replied “Anything for a great party” she added with a laugh

“It really was a great party” he said “Thank you”

“You already said that! Now get this girl of yours home before she fall over” she nodded at Belle who was leaning against the barn door

“I’m not drunk” Belle said defensively “It’s the shoes”

“I believe you babe” he laughed “come on cab’s here” he walked over to Belle and put his arm around her shoulders “Martha, I’ll come and pick up the car tomorrow. Thank you - again!”

“You’re welcome goodnight guys”

“night” Belle shouted as she climbed into the cab followed by Aden.

Aden gave the driver their address then leant his head back on the seat as Belle placed her head on his chest.

“what a night!” he said as he manoeuvred her so he could place his arm back around her shoulders

“Did you really like it?” she asked tilting her head so that she could look up at him

“Babe, it’s the best birthday I’ve ever had I can’t tell you enough how great it was”

“Good” she replied before kissing him rather heatedly considering they were in the back of a cab.

Aden pulled his lips away reluctantly “Hey lets wait until we are at home yeah”

“O.K” Belle replied with a slight pout resting her head back against his chest

“It’ll be worth the wait I promise” he whispered to her causing her to giggle

“Can you believe we are going to Fiji…” Aden looked at his watch and seeing it was way after midnight added “Tomorrow!”

“It’s crazy” Belle said “I can’t believe they have organised it all. We are gonna be flat out getting everything ready”

“we’ll manage” he said “and just think, we’ll be able to chill out on an exotic beach to get over it” He could feel Belle smile against his chest

They barely made it over the threshold of the apartment before they were kissing passionately. Belle’s fingers working on the buttons of his shirt Aden’s trying to find the zip on the back of her dress. When he found it he pulled it down slowly moving back slightly allowing the dress to fall to the floor leaving Belle in just her underwear. He stopped kissing her so that he could lean back and gaze at her whole body

“Yeah,” he whispered seductively “definitely better off”

Belle grabbed the back of his head pulling him back towards her so she could join their lips together once again, her other hand was pushing his shirt open and he pulled his arms out of it dropping it onto the floor along with her dress.

With their lips never parting and the intensity of their kisses growing they made their way to the bedroom where Aden gently lowered her onto the bed following so that his body was hovering just above hers. He moved his lips from hers and placed a trail of kisses along her jaw and down her neck. Belle turned her head slightly enjoying the sensation of his lips on her throat. She pushed against him and forced him to roll over onto his back climbing over to straddle him she lent forward to kiss his again. Aden let out a moan into her lips then suddenly turned his head away from her

“Ouch!”

“What” Belle pulled away as Aden removed his hand from the back of her head and placed it under his own pulling it back out a second later

“what’s this?” he said

Belle giggled.

“Sorry baby, I forgot I put that there! It’s your present.”

“You already gave me presents this morning” he said

“this is the one I wouldn’t let you open remember” she said as she climbed from above him an lay down next to him resting on her elbow so she was still raised higher than he was.

“oh yeah” he said with a smile “why was that again?”

“Because It’s more special than the other presents so I wanted the moment you opened it to be special as well”

“well I’d definitely say this this was special” he grinned kissing her briefly before returning his attention to the small box in his hands “so what is it?”

“You’ll find out when you open it”

He tore the paper off to reveal a small box. He grinned at Belle before lifting up the lid. Inside was a silver ring that judging from it’s size was to be worn on his thumb. Aden lifted it from the box noticing that it had something inscribed on both the outside and the inside. He read the outside inscription first - A & B together forever - he leant over to kiss her quickly before looking at the inscriptions on the inside of the ring. There were a number of dates inscribed and he smiled as he read them, knowing instantly what each one signified - their first kiss, the first time they had made love, and the date they had moved into the apartment.

“I see there’s room for more dates” he smiled at Belle.

“More memories” she said before leaning over to kiss him. Before she could take it further Aden pulled away so he could place the ring on the thumb of his right hand “thank you, I love it”

“and I love you” she said before returning her lips to his.

The next afternoon Belle dropped Aden off at Martha’s to collect his car before returning home to start packing. She had given Aden a list of things they would need and asked him to nip into Yabbie creek to collect them on his way back. That had been nearly three hours ago and he still wasn’t back. She picked up her phone and wrote out a message

Babe, where are you? You’ve been ages! X

Minutes after she sent the message she heard his key in the door

“sorry babe” he called obviously having received her message “had a few things to sort out in Yabbie creek”

“such as?” she asked as she walked out of the bedroom

“nothing interesting” he replied “how’s the packing? I got everything on the list” he handed her a shopping bag

“It’s pretty much done” she said “well it will be when I put these things in” she shook the bag “why don’t you make a start on dinner whilst I finish off”

“Yes sir” he replied with a laugh walking to the kitchen

The two of them where sitting at the table eating dinner. Aden looked up from his to notice that Belle had barely touched hers and was pushing it absentmindedly around her plate.

“Everything O.K?” he asked

“hmm, I guess” Belle answered

“What is it Belle?”

“It’s really stupid” she said pushing her plate away from her and putting her head in her hands, elbows resting on the table.

“Babe, tell me” Aden pressed getting up from his chair and crouching in front of her.

“I’m scared of flying” she mumbled

“What?” Aden hadn’t heard her properly as her face was buried in her hands so he took her hands in his

“I said I’m scared of flying” she said almost defiantly

“I didn’t know” he replied “how scared?”

“Well considering the last aircraft I was in crashed and left me and the people I was with stranded in the bush for days I’d say really really scared!”

“Oh my god Belle, I’d forgotten all about that”

“Lucky you”

“what do you want to do?” he asked

“Well I’m not going to not go” she answered “I’m just going to have to deal with it”

“O.K anything I can do?” he reached up to brush her hair out of her face

“Not really, just bare with me O.K”

“Sure thing babe” he gave her a kiss “and remember I’ll be there the whole time holding your hand.

:) As i've said before, thanks so much for the comments - i really love reading them :)

I've been dying to get to this chapter!it's kind of short but really sweet :D

Chapter 23

Roman dropped Aden and Belle at the airport early the next morning. Aden and Roman had chatted the whole way but Belle had remained silent in the seat behind them. Aden knowing the reason behind her quietness didn’t push her to join in but every now and then reached behind him to squeeze her hand and offer her a reassuring smile.

Once they waved Roman off they headed to the check in desk and checked in their bags before joining the queue for the security checks.

“You o.k. babe?” Aden asked Belle who was clutching tightly to his hand

“I’ve been better” she replied flashing him a small smile

“Nothing is going to happen Belle, it will be fine”

“you can’t know that Aden”

“O.K, I don’t know that for definite but I’m pretty sure we’ll be good baby, besides we’re together so….”

“Passport please sir” Aden was interrupted by a security man at the gate. He handed over his and Belles passports which were checked and handed back.

“All bags in the tray please” said another security woman as they reached the x ray area “any anything from your pockets.”

Aden and Belle placed their bags in the tray provided and Belle emptied out her pockets.

Belle walked through the metal detector first and as it didn’t beep proceeded to the bag machine where she waited for their bags to come through.

Aden was not so lucky and the detector bleeped as he walked through it. “Can you step over here please sir” said a very large security guard and Aden did as he asked. He ran a hand held metal detector over Aden then asked “Do you have anything in your pockets sir”

“Erm No” said Aden

“Are you sure about that sir, you don’t sound sure”

Aden began talking to the security guard

Belle had collected their bags and turned to watch Aden. She had assumed that he would have been finished by now and frowned slightly when she saw him talking with the security guard who looked less than happy.

Her frown turned to a look of worry as Aden was led by the guard into a small room leading off the main security area.

She walked over to the room but was stopped from entering by a guard. She waited outside frantic with worry for five minutes until Aden emerged.

“Aden what’s going on?” she was crying and couldn’t hold back her panic

“nothing babe, it’s fine” Aden was acting as though nothing had happened and gently pushed Belle through the security area into the main departure lounge

“Aden it’s not fine” she knew she was becoming slightly hysterical but couldn’t help it “What happened, why did they take you into that room?”

“Belle it’s nothing, just leave it”

“I wont leave it Aden, You know how I’m feeling already and now this and you wont tell me what the hell is going on…”

“O.K honey please just calm down”

“then tell me!”

“Come here” he said pulling her into a corridor that was empty. He put his arms around her and tried to give her a kiss but she pushed him away

“Aden you can’t kiss this away I want to know what’s going on!”

“I will tell you Belle I promise, just not now”

“Aden! I’m not joking I’m already freaked out and this really is not helping”

“Belle just trust me you don’t want me to tell you now” he tried to kiss her again but again she pushed him away

“Trust me Aden I do!”

He sighed a deep sigh “O.K, I’ll tell you but I warn you, you are going to regret this!” he was trying to keep a smile from his lips and Belle was more confused than ever.

“right before I start I want you to promise you wont interrupt”

“Why would I interrupt?”

“Just promise me”

“O.K I promise” she said

He took a deep breath “Belle, I love you so much…”

“Aden…”

“No interruptions Belle” he said before continuing “I love you so much, more than I could ever tell you because there aren’t words big enough to describe it. You have changed my life completely and totally into something I never ever dreamed it could be. You have been there for me when no one else was, when no one else wanted to be. You have forgiven me and loved me when frankly I didn’t deserve your love and I will be eternally grateful for that. The reason I went into that room Belle is because I was hiding something from you” at that Aden took his arms from around Belle’s waist and pulled a box from his pocket. “I was hiding this” he said before slowly dropping down onto one knee.

Belle gasped in surprise bringing both of her hands up to her mouth, tears brimming her eyes as he slowly opened the box

“Belle Taylor, I want, no forget that, I need to spend the rest of my life with you, making you happy so, will you marry me?”

He looked up at Belle, the tears had now fallen from her eyes and where running down her cheeks but the smile on her face was all Aden needed to see to know they were now happy tears.

“Yes” she whispered down to him lowering her hands into his “Yes yes yes yes” she was laughing and crying at the same time and was touched to see the tears in Aden’s eyes too. He took the ring out of the box and slipped it on to her finger as he stood dropping her hand and taking her face in his as he caught her lips in a passionate kiss.

They pulled apart after a few moments both laughing

“You like the ring?” he asked

She unwound her left arm from around his waist and rested her hand on his chest looking down at the ring. It was a triangle shaped diamond in a white gold setting it was one of the most unusual and gorgeous rings Belle had ever seen.

She nodded “It’s amazing Aden, you’re amazing! I love you” she kissed him again quickly

“Even though I’ve just proposed to you in an airport corridor? Hardly the romantic setting I had planned.”

“it wouldn’t matter where it happened, this will always be the most romantic, beautiful, amazing moment of my life. I can’t wait to be your wife Aden Jefferies!”

They kissed again, only stopping when they were both gasping for air.

“Right” he said brushing the hair from her face “we’ve got an hour or so to kill before the flight.

“Could you not say kill and flight in the same sentence” she said

“Sorry babe” he said with a laugh “but it will be O.K you know that”

“right now Aden, I think I believe you” she smiled

gillyh - you were so close :P

the ring

(i know it's prob a bit out of Aden's price range but we can ignore that right :wink: )

Once again this is a short one but not really sweet sorry :(

Chapter 24

It was early on the last morning of Belle and Aden’s stay in Fiji. Belle woke with the familiar sensation in her stomach that signalled the arrival of her period. She slipped out of bed quietly and walked to the bathroom picking up her bag on the way. Somewhere in the back of her mind was the realisation that she should have been expecting this before now but she was too sleepy to think about it fully.

She climbed back into bed a few minutes later and Aden’s arms instantly circled her waist

“alright babe?” he mumbled clearly more asleep than awake

“Yeah, fine. Go back to sleep, it’s still early.”

He kissed the back of her head and within seconds was quietly snoring again.

Belle closed her eyes and she too was back asleep within minutes.

A few hours later Aden was the first to respond to the hotels wake up call, he leaned over Belle and picked up the phone then placed it straight back down.

Keeping himself raised on one elbow he placed a string of kisses along Belle’s bare arm

“hey sleeping beauty, time to get up”

Belle groaned in response and he felt her curl her legs into her stomach

“babe, come on, we’ve got a flight to catch”

She turned slightly towards him

“I’ll get up in a sec, you go and have your shower first”

“Belle!”

“I don’t feel too good Aden, go on”

The smile that was playing on his lips instantly faded to be replaced with a look of worry

“What is it babe, what’s wrong?”

“Just girl stuff” she said “nothing to worry about, you just start getting ready, I’ll be fine in a minute.”

“Are you sure” Aden asked

“Yeah, go on” as soon as she finished speaking she rolled back over and closed her eyes.

Aden showered and dressed then reluctantly walked over to the bed to wake Belle. If she was unwell he would rather have let her sleep but they had a cab booked to take them to the airport. It was due in less than half an hour. He sat on the edge of the bad next to her and gently stroked her hair noting as he did that she looked pale despite having spent the last week or so lying on the beach sunbathing.

“Belle” he spoke gently into her ear “Honey you have to get up now”

He watched as her eyes fluttered as she struggled to open them

“Come on baby, lets get home hey, tell everyone the good news.”

Aden was expecting to get a smile from his last remark but Belle just groaned.

“Babe it’s not usually this bad is it?” Aden asked his voice concerned

“No, not really, can you just go and get some paracetamol”

“Will you be O.K”

“Yeah I’ll go and have a shower whilst you are gone” she said slowly sitting up

“O.K, I wont be long” he leant over and gave her a quick kiss before standing up and heading out of their room to the hotel shop.

Belle dragged herself out of bed and into the shower having to lean against the wall for support, her legs feeling too weak to support her.

By the time Aden returned fifteen minutes later she was sitting on the floor at the foot of the bed leaning back on it for support. She had got as far as putting on her under wear and t-shirt before she had to sit down.

“Baby, you O.K?” he said running over to her and crouching down brushing a hand through her hair

Belle tried to smile and gave him a small nod

“Lets get you some water so you can take these” he said shaking the bottle of paracetamol. He filled a glass with water and passed it to Belle who took two of the tablets and swallowed them gratefully. He gently helped her to her feet and into a pair of shorts then sat her down on the bed.

“you sit there O.K I’ll make sure everything is packed”

Not having the energy to argue Belle sat and watched as Aden walked around the room throwing the last few things into their suitcase.

He had just finished when there was a knock at their door signalling the arrival of the cab.

“You O.K to walk?” he asked

“Why will you carry me?” Belle smiled properly for the first time that morning

“if you need me to I will” he said returning her smile

“I’ll be fine babe, but thanks for the offer”

Aden dragged the suitcase outside and handed it over to the waiting porter

“Cheers mate” he said before turning round to watch Belle walk shakily towards him. As soon as she was at his side he placed a strong arm around her waist and felt her lean into him, allowing him to support her.

“Not exactly how I’d imagined our last morning” she said sadly as they walked to the cab

They checked in at the airport with no dramas this time. Belle’s fear of flying seemingly pushed aside by the pains in her stomach that the paracetamol had done nothing to relieve. She spent the five hour flight with her head buried in Aden’s chest. Occasionally and much to Aden’s worry he would feel tears begin to soak his shirt as she cried with pain.

He had spoken to an airhostess who ensured that they were the first people off the plane. Irene was meeting them to take them home but despite Belle’s feeble protestations Aden was planning on taking her straight to the nearest hospital. He looked down at her as he led her through the baggage claim area, she looked even paler than she had previously and pain was etched on her face. He knew that this was not just ordinary period pain and fear clouded his mind as he wondered what could be wrong with her. He decided that there was nothing in their case that they couldn’t live without for a few days so made his way straight through the area to find Irene.

Irene was waiting in the arrivals area along with Nicole who had nagged to be brought along until Irene finally gave in. She was watching the stream of people walking through the doors all looking tanned and happy and pushing trolleys laden with luggage. The smile fell from her face when she spotted the couple they were waiting for. Aden, his face filled with worry, was supporting Belle who was paler than Irene had ever seen her look and had tear tracks down her face.

She rushed over to them

“darl, what’s going on?” she aimed the question at Aden

“We need to get Belle to…”

But before he completed his sentence Belle’s legs collapsed from under her and Aden had to grip her tightly as she passed out.

He lay her down on the floor as Nicole came rushing over

“Call an ambulance” he cried “Belle, baby wake up” he urged tears already falling from his eyes as he cradled her head in his hands

“what’s wrong with her” Irene was kneeling next to him and had taken Belle’s hand “Aden what’s going on”

He either hadn’t heard her or simply didn’t know how to answer because he completely ignored Irene’s question and continued to coax Belle into waking up.

Within minutes an ambulance crew had arrived.

A technician knelt down next to Belle as Irene moved away to give him some room. Aden however remained where he was.

“Are you with this woman?” he asked Aden

Nicole tutted thinking what a stupid question that was to ask, it was plainly obvious that Aden and Belle were a couple

“Yes” Aden replied “She’s my wife, help her please.”

“She’s your what?” Irene and Nicole both exclaimed at the same time

Chapter 25

“Sir if you just wait out here”

“Why? I want to stay with her” Aden was frantic with worry as the paramedics wheeled Belle into the hospital.

“I need to examine your wife Mr Jefferies and I’ll be able to do that much quicker with you out here. I will come and get you as soon as we have some news.”

The doctor walked into the emergency room swinging the doors shut behind him leaving Aden standing helplessly in the corridor.

Irene and Nicole came rushing into the hospital a few minutes later to find Aden still stood in the same place.

“Oh my god! Aden, what on earth is going on?”

Irene was almost as frantic as Aden

“I don’t know Irene, the doctor is with her now”

“What happened to her?” Nicole asked and Aden filled them in on the events of that morning.

“she’s in the right place now” Irene tried to sooth not only Aden’s worries but her own. “Right, lets go and sit down, I think you’ve got some explaining to do anyway?” She aimed this at Aden who stared back at her with a confused look. “Since when has Belle been your wife?”

Flashback

It had been twenty four hours since Belle and Aden had arrived at the resort in Fiji, they had spent most of that time in their room celebrating their engagement. Finally managing to make it out of their room they where now strolling hand in hand along the beach heading towards the beach bar

“this is the life hey babe?” Aden grinned down at Belle

“it doesn’t get much better” she replied.

They continued in comfortable silence until they reached the bar, settling themselves at a table under the welcome shade of a large parasol.

“It really is paradise” Belle sighed looking out over the beach and the sparkling blue sea.

“Yep” Aden replied before picking up the menu

“You know, that’s one of the things I love about you Aden, you’re a man of many words!” Belle laughed before picking up a menu herself

“what do you want me to say” he asked with a laugh

“oh I don’t know, something romantic about being in such a perfect place with the girl of your dreams..”

“What! Is Angelina Jolie here too?” he said looking around with a grin on his face

“funny!”

“I think so” he laughed but leant over to place a kiss on Belle’s lips “you know you’re the only girl for me gorgeous”

“I should think so too” she said as a waiter approached their table.

They ordered some drinks and chatted Happily whilst they waited for them to arrive.

“I’ve been thinking..” said Belle as they made a start on their drinks a little while later

“Isn’t that banned on holidays?” Aden asked

“Ha ha. Seriously it’s about you asking me to marry you” Belle continued as she twirled her new ring around her finger

“you can’t change your answer now!” Aden said sitting up a little straighter a look of worry crossing his face.

“I’m not changing my mind” she said giving him a quick kiss to reassure him “in fact quite the opposite”

“I’m confused babe, you’ve already said yes so…?”

“I think we should get married here.”

“Ah, you mean you don’t want the big white wedding at home? You think people would be up for coming this far. We’d have to give them plenty of notice….”

“Aden, you’re not getting it! I think we should get married here, now! As in sometime this week!”

“Belle are you serious? is that even possible?”

“I’m very serious and I’m pretty sure it would be possible. Don’t you want to?” she looked slightly hurt. She had expected a different reaction from him than this.

“Babe, of course I want to marry you, I asked didn’t I? it’s just that you haven’t really had that long to think about this and I would have thought you’d want to spend more time planning our wedding and have our family and friends there.”

Belle sighed and took hold of his hands across the table

“Aden, I said yes to marrying you not because I want a wedding but because I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you Aden and no amount of dresses or flowers or confetti could make that love any stronger. And when I stand up to vow to love and honour you forever the only person I need to hear those words is you.”

“Wow, you mean it”

“I mean it Aden, will you marry me?”

He laughed “hey that’s my line! But…..” he leant over and kissed her again “yes I’ll marry you”

Belle threw her arms around his neck and kissed him not caring that they were surrounded by people only focused on the fact that she would soon be Mrs Aden Jefferies.

A week later all the arrangements had been made and Aden was waiting for his bride to arrive. He had been surprised at how easy the wedding had been to arrange although the people at the hotel had done most of the hard work.

There had been a tricky moment when they needed copies of their birth certificates but Belle had called Irene and asked her to fax copies as their passports had been damaged. Irene, although worried, had sent them without too many questions and that had been the only problem they had encountered.

He was wearing a pair of simple linen trousers and a white shirt. On a trip into the local town Belle had bought a dress which she had kept hidden from him but insisted that he would love. And they had each chosen a ring for the other.

As he waited for her in the company of the minister and the two other hotel guests they had asked to act as witness Aden was surprised at his lack of nerves. He supposed it was down to his absolute faith that he and Belle were made for each other and that nothing could be more right than the two of them promising to spend the rest of their lives together.

The ceremony was taking place on a grassy crest over looking the clear blue sea, underneath an archway wrapped in pine leaves and surrounded by flowers. Looking around Aden found it hard to imagine anywhere more beautiful.

He was just about to look at his watch for the third time in as many minutes when a flash of white caught his eye. He looked up and his breath caught in his throat. Belle was walking towards him looking more beautiful than anything he had ever seen.

She was wearing a simple plain white strapless dress. Her feet where bare. Her hair was loose falling in waves to her shoulders and she was carrying a simple bouquet. But, Aden thought as he gazed at her, it wasn’t just those things that made her look as beautiful as she did. It was the pure happiness radiating from her that took his breath away. His eyes never once strayed from hers as she walked towards him and once she reached him he couldn’t keep his lips from hers causing her to giggle.

“I think you’re supposed to wait until the end to do that” she whispered to him as they pulled apart

“Sorry” he replied although he didn’t look it in the slightest

The minister chuckled at them as he began the short service and both of them shed a tear as they exchanged vows and rings. When they were pronounced husband and wife Aden literally swept Belle off her feet with a kiss that only ended when the minister reminded them of his presence with a small cough

“sorry” Aden apologised for the second time as Belle laughed into his shoulder.

After signing the documents and posing for a few photographs they made their way along the beach to their room. They had been offered a complimentary meal at the hotel restaurant but had declined both knowing that they would want to be alone as soon as possible.

They strolled along the waters edge arms wrapped tightly around each other

“Happy wife?” Aden asked despite already knowing the answer

“So happy I could burst” Belle beamed up at him

“Well if you could hold off on the whole bursting thing, I have plans for you!” he replied with a lustful gleam in his eye

“And what plans would they be” she teased

Aden didn’t answer instead he bent down and hooked his arms under Belles legs sweeping her into his arms causing her to squeal with shock

“I love you so much Mrs Jefferies”

“I love you too” Belle managed to say before his lips found hers.

End flashback

“Aden!” Nicole was standing hands on hips in front of Aden and Irene “I can’t believe you got married! Without me there!!”

“Nic, I really don’t need this right now”

“Yeah missy, sit down” Irene snapped at Nicole

Aden had filled them in on the wedding hating that Belle wasn’t there with him to do it. She had been so looking forward to telling people, especially Irene.

“Listen luvvie” Irene said to him as he buried his face in his hands “she’s gonna be fine you hear me?”

“Irene, she was in so much pain. I didn’t……”

Aden jumped up, the doctor who had ordered him to stay outside was approaching them.

“Is she O.K? Can I see her? what’s going on?” Aden’s words were tripping over each other in his hurry to find out about Belle’s condition

“Mr Jefferies, Your wife is in a stable condition” the doctor explained “however I think it would be beneficial if you were with her when I deliver the results of our tests.”

“What! Why? What’s wrong with her?” Aden’s heart was pounding in his chest, fear engulfing him

“If you could just follow me” the doctor walked back towards Belle’s room and Aden followed silently.

Belle was laying on a bed slightly propped up with pillows a drip in her hand. She was pale but Aden noticed with a slight hint of relief that she didn’t appear to be in pain anymore.

He sat on the edge of the bed and gathered her in his arms as she began to cry

“Hey, it’s O.K”

“I’m scared Aden” she whispered quietly so only he could hear.

“I know baby”

The doctor coughed to remind them of his presence and Aden turned around so he could face him still keeping one arm wrapped around his wife’s shoulders

“What’s going on doc?” he asked trying to keep the emotion from his voice

“Right Mrs Jefferies. When you arrived you were bleeding very heavily we did all we could but I’m sorry to say that you have miscarried.”

“What?” Aden looked from the doctor to Belle in confusion

“I…I don’t understand I…..” Belle stuttered

“I’m afraid you have lost your baby Mrs Jefferies”

“What baby?” she cried

looks like some of you guessed what was going on but hope you enjoyed it anyway :rolleyes:

for those of you interested

wedding venue

Belle's dress

:( don't know why i put sad stuff in :(

much easier to write the fluffy stuff!

Chapter 26

After talking to Belle and Aden for a few more minutes the doctor left them alone together.

Belle was quietly crying and Aden too had tears flowing freely down his cheeks. They sat in silence for a few moments Aden gently stroking Belles hair.

“I didn’t know Aden” Belle whispered

“”what babe?”

“the baby - I didn’t know I swear”

“I know that Belle - I never for a second thought otherwise”

“If I’d have known I would never have done anything to put our baby at risk but I didn’t know Aden and now it’s gone because I….”

“Hey! Because you nothing Belle. You did nothing to cause this”

“How can you say that?” Belle cried “I drank quite a bit at your party, all those cocktails on the beach, the champagne after the wedding….”

“baby, your having a few drinks did not cause this. It was just one of those things”

“I should have known, Why didn’t I know Aden.”

Belle collapsed against Aden as sobs overtook her body. He gathered her into his arms and tried to sooth her.

Her sobs subsided a few minutes later and she pulled away from Aden’s embrace.

“I know we said we didn’t want a baby yet Aden but how would you have felt if…”

“Belle”

“I need to know Aden”

He took a deep breath. “I guess I’d have been happy. I love you so much, and the idea of us making a baby together…. I love that Belle.

The look of pain in her eyes was breaking Aden’s heart but she needed for him to be honest with her.

“me too” she managed to whisper through her tears. “I’d have loved our baby so much.”

“babe, don’t do this”

“when Meg was born and we talked about us having babies I meant what I said. I didn’t plan on us having them for a few years yet but I always knew, in my heart, that if it did happen - it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. And it happened, we made a baby together Aden.”

“Yeah we did Belle”

“I just wish I’d….we’d have known”

“you know that wouldn’t have changed things right. You couldn’t have done or not done something to prevent this.”

He was relieved to see Belle nod her head slightly

“it just wasn’t meant to be this time babe” he said taking her face in his hands

“I know” she whispered through her tears “but it still hurts”

“I know baby” He placed a gentle kiss on her temple.

They were interrupted by a knock on the door

“that’ll be Irene and Nicole” Aden said “Shall I tell them to go away”

“No, it’s fine, let them come in”

Aden walked from the bed and opened the door of the room.

Irene was the first to enter and immediately rushed to Belle’s side

“god save us darl are you alright” she asked Belle “You gave us such a fright, what did the doc say?”

“That doctor…” began Nicole as she marched into the room waving her crutches in the direction of the corridor “…is a complete idiot”

“Nicole enough” Irene snapped

“What! He could see how worried we were but he wouldn’t tell us a thing, you’re practically Belle’s mother Irene”

“Just leave it please Nic” Aden asked

“Alright alright, so are you going to tell us what’s going on?”

Aden glanced at Belle who gave a small nod

“Belle had a miscarriage.”

“Oh my god!” Irene focused all her attention on to Belle “luvvie I am so sorry, you poor girl” she wrapped her arms around Belle’s shoulders and hugged her.

Nicole stood staring at Belle for a moment then turned to Aden

“Is that why you got married, because Belle was pregnant”

Belle’s head shot up off Irene’s shoulder but Aden answered Nicole before she had a chance.

“We didn’t know Belle was pregnant. We got married because we love each other Nicole - not that I expect you to understand that”

“What do you mean by that?” Nicole bit back

“You know what Nic for like the third time today now is not the time so either shut up or get out because I wont have Belle upset any more than she already is.”

“I’ll shut up then shall I” she answered sitting down on a chair that was placed in the corner of the room

Aden walked back to Belle and sat down next to her on the opposite side of the bed to Irene.

“Irene, I’m sorry about not telling you about the wedding”

“Hey girlie, it’s not a problem, we’ll talk all about it I’m sure but right now we need to worry about you.”

“I’m O.K Irene, I just want to go home.”

“I think they’ll probably wanna keep you in overnight Belle” Irene answered

“No way! I need to be in my own house, I can’t stay here”

“babe, if the doctor thinks it’s best for you to stay…” Aden began but Belle cut him off

“Please Aden. I’ll go and see Rachel at our hospital if I need to. I just want to go home. Will you ask them for me please?”

Hating to see her get upset Aden reluctantly went to speak to the doctor. As Irene had assumed he did state that he would prefer for Belle to stay overnight but that he couldn’t force her to against her wishes. Aden explained about Belle’s offer to visit their local hospital and he agreed that he would contact them and pass on the relevant information.

After signing discharge papers and promising to visit a doctor closer to home Belle left the hospital supported by Aden with Irene and Nicole following closely behind.

The journey back to summer bay passed quickly. Rachel called just before they arrived home and told Aden that she had heard what had happened and would come over to visit Belle after her shift had ended.

When they pulled up outside the apartment Irene and Nicole made to get out of the car until Belle stopped them

“You guys go home, we’ll be fine”

“Are you sure love?” Irene asked

Belle gave a small nod “There is one thing though, and this goes for you too Nicole, especially you! I don’t want the whole town knowing about this so could you please keep it to yourselves”

“Of course we will, you didn’t need to ask darl” Irene replied

“you mean the baby or the wedding” said Nicole

“The baby” Belle answered

“Both” Aden said at the same time as Belle “We’d like to tell people ourselves about the wedding and if we give princess blabbermouth here the chance to tell anyone the whole town will know in minutes.”

Nicole huffed but didn’t argue.

“You clear on that Nic - not a word - not even to Geoff” Aden said firmly

“You’re not going to tell Geoff?” Nicole asked

“yes we are Nic, we being the operative word. Please don’t let me down”

She looked back at him and saw the emotion in his eyes

“I wont Aden, I promise, now go look after your wife”

Aden let them into the apartment his free arm wrapped around Belle’s waist. As he closed the door behind them Belle wandered into the lounge picking up the stack of mail someone had placed on the table for them.

“looks like Geoff did a good job of looking after the place” she said noting that all the plants were still alive and there were fresh flowers in the vase on the table

“Yeah - I have to say, I had my reservations about leaving the key with him but the place is still standing”

He walked over to Belle who was now leaning against the table

“Come on you, let’s get you into bed”

She walked willingly into his arms tears filling her eyes and let him lead her to their bedroom. He helped her to undress and into one of his t-shirts.

“You know” she said sadly as she climbed into the bed “I was looking forward to this moment so much. Being in our own bed as man and wife for the first time.”

“so was I babe, I’ll make it up to you though I promise”

“I’ll hold you to that” she said managing a small laugh that made Aden’s heart lift “Will you stay with me?”

“Where else would I go Mrs Jefferies” he said as he lay down next to her pulling her into his arms.

They lay in silence for a few minutes and Aden thought Belle had fallen asleep so was slightly startled when she spoke

“has this changed your mind? About wanting to wait until we have a baby?”

Aden sighed “I don’t know Belle. If this hadn’t have happened and a couple of days or weeks down the line we found out you were pregnant then like I said I would have been happy but it has happened and I think right now it’s going to cloud our judgement. I don’t think now is a good time for us to make decisions about our future.”

“what do you mean cloud our judgement” she asked

“I mean that if none of this had happened, if you were never pregnant, then right now we wouldn’t be discussing the possibility of us having a baby in the near future”

“But it did happen, I was pregnant”

“Yes you were babe and I’m not saying I haven’t changed my mind because right now I’d love nothing more than to say to you let’s do it, let’s make another baby but I’m worried that that is just a reaction to loosing this baby, to make up for it and that’s not right Belle, we need to deal with loosing this baby first. We can’t make decisions like that now.”

“My head is just a mess Aden I don’t know what to think”

“That’s my point sweetheart” he said placing a kiss on her head “you need time to come to terms with this first O.K”

“O.K” she nodded “but promise we’ll talk about it”

“I promise babe” he said “I promise”

Chapter 27

Aden awoke before Belle a few hours later, he slipped out of bed slowly without waking her. He had a shower and had just finished getting dressed when there was a quiet knock on the door.

“Rachel, hi” he said as he opened the door

“Aden!” she reached out to squeeze his arm. “I’m so sorry.”

“Thanks for coming Rach, come in” he gestured towards the lounge and Rachel walked in and sat down “Belle’s asleep at the moment”

“How is she?”

“Tired, confused, hurting” he shrugged his shoulders and Rachel guessed that he was listing his own emotions as well as Belle’s.

“That’s understandable, how about you?”

He shrugged his shoulders “ I don’t know the same I guess”

“this is going to be a really difficult time for the two of you Aden and it’s really important that you both talk about it, don’t keep your feelings about this bottled up o.k?”

“I know, and we know where you are right?” he said flashing her a small smile

“Exactly” she said returning the smile “so how was the holiday anyway?”

Aden’s face cracked into an even bigger smile

“Wow! That good?” Rachel asked laughing

“yeah - you know the hotel was great, food was great, wedding was great…”

“Wedding?” asked Rachel confused

“Oh yeah” Aden grinned “we got married”

“You and Belle got married?” Rachel’s eyes were wide with shock

Aden nodded “yep”

“Aden!! That’s fantastic!” She reached over to hug him “congratulations”

“Thanks” he returned her hug “I’ll go and see if Belle’s awake yet”

He walked into the bedroom and sat down on the edge of the bed. Belle opened her eyes as he sat down

“hey you” he whispered

“hey”

“how you feeling?” he asked as he ran his fingers through her hair

She shrugged her shoulders

“Rach is here, you up to seeing her?”

“yeah, sure” she tried to sit up but Aden gently pushed her back down

“Babe, you stay there, I’ll send her in” He placed a tender kiss on her forehead before going to get Rachel.

Rachel walked in a few moments later “Hello Mrs Jefferies”

“Aden told you about the wedding then” Belle smiled

“He did, congratulations” Rachel sat down on the bed and gave Belle a hug

“Sweetie, I’m so sorry about the baby”

“thanks Rachel”

“The doctor who saw you in the city filled me in. It doesn’t appear that there are going to be any long term complications. Medically”

“That’s good I suppose” Belle said quietly

“it is. You just need to take it easy for a week or so, give your body time to recover.” Rachel looked at Belle and saw her words were barely registering with the younger girl “I do know what you are going through Belle, I had a miscarriage a few years back remember.”

“It’s different Rachel, you knew that you were pregnant. I feel…..” Belle lowered her head and rubbed at her face

“Belle, talk to me” Rachel coaxed

“I feel stupid Rachel - how can I be sad about losing something I never knew I had.”

“Belle! Don’t ever think that you are somehow less entitled to grieve for your baby just because you didn’t know about it. It was still a part of you even if you didn’t know at the time.”

“Just the thought of it Rach, you know? Our baby, mine and Aden’s…Even though we hadn’t planned it, we would have loved it so much”

“Of course you would have, because it was a part of both of you, something that you created together because of your love for each other. Never doubt that Belle.”

“I wont.”

“You need to be honest with yourself Belle, and with Aden, talk about how you are feeling, if you can’t talk to Aden come to me O.K or Irene, anybody as long as you promise me you wont keep this bottled up inside because trust me sweetie that does not work”

“I promise” Belle looked at Rachel and nodded her head

“Rach, how soon could I get pregnant again?”

“medically, there is no reason why you couldn’t fall pregnant again straight away but I’m not so sure that’s the best idea Belle. In fact I‘m not even sure if now is the best time for you to be even thinking about that”

“Aden said the same thing, he doesn’t want to talk about it yet he thinks we should wait for a while.”

“He’s a very smart man your husband” Rachel smiled

“When he needs to be” Belle agreed. “Thanks for listening, and for the advice Rach”

“Anytime” she replied picking up Belles hands and squeezing them.

“You haven’t mentioned this to anyone have you Rachel?”

“God no, of course not Belle”

“Thanks, we just don’t want everyone to know you know?”

“Well I can promise they wont hear it from me. I’ll keep shtumm about the wedding too - I’m sure you want to tell people about that yourselves”

She added with a grin

After Rachel had left they received calls from Roman, Annie and Martha all welcoming them home. Aden had put them off from visiting for a day or two by telling them that Belle was feeling unwell after picking up a bug on the flight home.

Aden had spoken to the editor at the news paper and also his own boss and had explained what had happened. Both of them had been understanding and told them to take as much time as they needed from work.

They spent the next two days at home alone talking and grieving together for the baby they had lost. They had agreed that they weren’t going to tell anybody else about what had happened.

On the third day after they had returned Belle showered and dressed before Aden was awake. She set up her computer at the dining table and began to upload the pictures they had taken on holiday.

“Morning gorgeous” Aden called strolling from the bedroom “what are you up to so early?”

“babe, ten am is not early” she answered “and I’m sorting out the holiday pictures”

“Have you looked at the wedding ones yet?” he asked as he came up behind her leaning down to drop a kiss on to her head

“Not yet, I wanted to wait until you were up”

“what, so you were just perving at the ones of me on the beach then” he laughed glancing at the computer screen which was displaying a zoomed in shot of him walking out of the sea

“Is it perving when the guy is your husband?” Belle answered with a smile as he pulled her up from her chair “Er what are you doing?” She asked as he sat down in her place

“getting comfy” he replied pulling her back down to sit in his lap “feelin o.k today?” he whispered into her ear as she sat down

She looked into his eyes and nodded before placing a kiss on his lips

“right then! Wedding pictures! Ready?” she said as she clicked on a file turning her body slightly to get a better view of the screen

“you bet” Aden laughed wrapping his arms around her.

They decided on which pictures they wanted to print out and copied them onto a disk along with a selection of other pictures from their trip.

They had decided to go into Yabbie creek that day to get them printed out. Aden had come up with the idea of putting some wedding pictures into an album in the middle of their regular holiday pictures and then handing over the album for people to look at. He thought it would be a fun to watch people realise what they had done and Belle had to agree that it was a fun idea. She was looking forward to being able to celebrate their marriage and was enjoying having something else to focus her attention on rather than the loss of the baby.

Walking into the diner that afternoon they were pleased to see Annie and Geoff were there. Those two, along with Roman were the people they were looking forward to telling the most.

“Belle!! It’s so good to see you! We missed you so much!” Annie came running over to them instantly nearly knocking Belle over with a hug”

“Good to see you too Annie, now where’s my favourite god daughter because we’ve got a pressie here with her name on it.”

Belle walked over to the pushchair where Meg was laying kicking her tiny feet in the air

“Somebody grew whilst we were away” belle said as she lifted her out of the pushchair and planed a kiss on her head “hi missy”

Aden was watching Belle intently. He had been worried that seeing Meg for the first time might have upset her but she seemed to be O.K

Irene walked out of the kitchen and flashed Aden a concerned glance. He smiled at her hoping to convey that they were both O.K

He joined Belle at the table where she had sat down and reached over to take Megs hand

“Hey princess, did you miss uncle Aden?”

“I’m sure she did Aden” Annie laughed

“Geoff” Belle looked over at him, “thank you so much for looking after the apartment”

“Yeah mate” Aden added “Pity you forgot about the beer cans in the bath tub, you almost got away with it!”

“What” Geoff spluttered

“The party Geoff - we wouldn’t have known if it weren’t for the empty beer cans in the bath tub”

“Party! I don’t…?what….?”

“Geoff he’s teasing you” Belle laughed

“Sorry couldn’t resist” Aden smirked “Hey where’s Roman?”

“Somebody say my name?” Roman asked walking from the kitchen wiping his hand on a cloth “Hey you two - welcome home!” he leant over the table to kiss Belle on the cheek and patted Aden on the shoulder. “You felling better now Belle?

“Yeah much better thanks” she said without looking up from Meg who was lying in her arms

“Who wants to see the pics” Aden asked

“Oooooo me” Annie was the first to answer “I love holiday photos”

Belle and Aden exchanged a smile

“Come on then” said Roman “ Make us all wish we weren’t here!”

Aden placed the book on the table in front of Annie and Geoff and Roman stood behind them so he could see, he was joined by Irene and Leah who had glanced over and saw what they were looking at

Annie took control of turning the page and Aden had to bite back his frustration when she took an age pouring over each page. He knew exactly how many pages they had to turn until they got to the first of the wedding pictures. As they got to the page before he let go of Megs hand and took hold of Belle’s free hand, excitement dancing in his eyes. Belle struggled to contain a giggle.

She held her breath as Annie slowly turned the page and a quick glance at Aden showed her he had done the same.

Irene, the only other person present who knew about the wedding was anticipating the pictures coming up but she was still the first one to let out a gasp when she saw them. Roman looked up from the pictures recognition dawning on his face and Leah and Annie both began to squeal

Geoff was the only one not to react. “What, Annie turn over”

“Geoff! Belle laughed

“What? Why are you guys squealing?”

“Look at he pictures mate” said Roman a huge grin on his face what are they doing?”

“I don’t know! I guess it looks like…….Oh my god!!! You got married?!

:D Had to get back to the fluffier stuff! :D

So found a bit of time between the school/nursery runs and the utter chaos that looking after 5 kids entails to finish the chapter! Shipped the 2 little uns off to bed and the big ones are watching a film so thought i'd update :D Bro back tomorrow so normal service should resume :D

Enjoy the chapter guys :)

Chapter 28

“Yes, we got married” Belle answered Geoff with a smile

“Oh my god!! Guys!!! Congratulations!” Leah was the first to offer her congratulations to the couple. She walked around the table and hugged them both “This is so amazing, I can’t believe you eloped! We need details” she laughed

“Lot’s of details” Annie added then continued squealing “I’m so happy!”

Belle and Aden both laughed at her reaction

“Roman?” Aden asked

“Mate! I’m speechless” Roman replied with a smile on his face “congratulations obviously!! I mean, I knew you were gonna propose but this - wow!!”

“You knew he was going to propose?” Belle asked Roman but her eyes were on Aden a smile playing on her lips “You didn’t tell me that.”

“Er it might have slipped my mind in all the excitement” Aden laughed

“You got married!” Geoff said “I can’t believe you got married!”

“Not gonna congratulate us” Belle asked

“Oh yeah - congratulations” he answered “Hey Irene, you don’t seem too surprised”

“I was when they told me the other day darl”

“You knew?” Annie squeaked “I can’t believe you didn’t tell us!”

“We swore her to secrecy” Belle defended Irene “we wanted to be the ones to tell people.”

“Come on then” said Leah “details!”

It took half an hour for Belle and Aden to fill them in on the details of the proposal and the wedding. Annie kept on interrupting, asking questions and squealing about “how romantic it all was”

“So it was all Belle’s idea then?” Leah asked

“I suggested it” Belle answered “But I hardly had to twist his arm in to agreeing did I?”

“Nah” Aden said with a grin “who could say no!”

“It’s the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard” sighed Annie

“Yeah Geoff” Aden laughed “maybe you should have been taking notes, sure Nic would appreciate a bit of romance”

“Hey - don’t go giving them ideas!” Roman scolded “she got the climbing through a window thing from you and look at how that ended!”

“Oh yeah!, I forgot about that” Aden replied.

“Well as much fun as this is” Roman said glancing around the table “some of us have work to be getting on with” he stood up and leant over the table to kiss Belle on the cheek once again. “I really am stoked for you guys”

“Thanks Roman” Aden said sincerely as Roman shook his hand before heading back to the kitchen followed By Leah then Irene.

Annie had gone back to pouring over the pictures and was pointing things out to Geoff who seemed only vaguely interested but Geoff being Geoff he continued to look not wanting to cause offence to anyone.

Meg began to stir in Belle’s arms, seemingly noticing that the focus, for once, was not on her

“Sorry baby” Belle manoeuvred her so that she was facing towards her “are we not giving you enough attention?”

“You’re giving Nicole a run for her money missy” Aden smiled at her placing his finger in her tiny hand. “If only she was as gorgeous as you hey!”

“She really is gorgeous isn’t she” Belle smiled to Aden

“Not as gorgeous as you” he whispered into her ear. He looked up to see that Annie and Geoff were still focused on the pictures and not paying any attention to their conversation so he turned back to Belle and spoke quietly.

“are you alright with this?” he nodded down to Meg

“Yeah, I wasn’t sure I would be but I really am Aden”

“You promise you’ll tell me if that changes”

“I promise. So I thought I’d call Martha see if she’s free later, thought we could invite her and Hugo over for drinks, fill them in on the wedding?”

“sure, as long as your feeling up to it?”

“I’m fine babe.”

“O.K, well pass the little lady over and you can go call” he said reaching out his arms for Meg.

“Come here little Nutmeg!” he gave her kiss before settling her on his lap, his hands supporting her back and neck so she was sitting up right

“Tell uncle Aden how much you missed him then.”

“I don’t suppose she really noticed that much” Belle laughed as she flipped open her phone and searched through for Martha’s number “I’ll just nip outside babe”

“O.K and course you noticed didn’t you bub?” He said to Meg

Gazing at her it was impossible for his mind not to wonder to his and Belle’s baby and what their future might have been if things had worked out differently.

“Hello, earth to Aden!”

“Huh, what?” he looked up to find Annie staring at him.

“We were just wondering if you two were going to have a party or something to celebrate the wedding?”

“Er yeah I guess. We did talk about it but haven’t really made any plans”

“I’ll help” Annie practically shouted causing Aden to laugh

“God!” he said looking at Geoff “I’m glad we are already married - I’m not sure I could live with Annie’s excitement planning a wedding!!”

“Yeah I know what you mean - she’s been bad enough with Meg’s baptism”

“Is that sorted already?” Belle asked as she walked back in and sat down

“Yep” Annie answered “it’s actually this Sunday”

“Wow! That’s quick” Belle replied

“Coming from the girl who got engaged and married on a 10 day holiday” said Geoff

“Touché” Belle laughed

“Who got married on holiday?” Charlie had just walked into the diner with her girlfriend Joey and sister Ruby “Oh my god!! You two got married on holiday!”

“You did not?!” Joey was stunned

“Yes they did - look at their faces” Ruby laughed looking at Belle and Aden who were both grinning fit to burst.

“We did” Aden confirmed “say hello to Mrs Jefferies guys”

“congratulations” Charlie said

“This I huge! Are these the pictures?” Ruby asked pulling over a chair and looking at the album. “Oh wow Belle you looked amazing!”

“she always looks amazing” Aden said sweetly before leaning over to kiss his wife.

After eating at the diner they returned home with a few hours to spare before Martha was due to arrive. Aden lay down on the couch whilst Belle rummaged through the photographs that they hadn’t put in the album

“This is the one” she said pulling a picture from the pack

“for what?” Aden asked

“to go in here” said Belle taking a picture frame down from the wall. It already displayed a picture of the two of them but she replaced it with her favourite one from the wedding pictures. In it neither of them were looking at the camera but at each other. Aden had just raised his hand to her face and they were a fraction of a second away from kissing. Their love for each other and their happiness was so clear on both of their faces. Belle’s heart beat a little faster each time she looked at that photograph and she wanted it to take pride of place amongst all the others on the wall..

Aden watched her re-hang the picture then stretched out his arm and caught hold of her hand

“come here wife” he pulled her towards him and she went without hesitation. She pushed on his chest encouraging him to move over so that she could lie down next to him. “Hang on a sec” he said and climbed over her body gently pushing her towards the back of the couch as he came to rest on the edge.

“What are you doing?” Belle asked with a grin

“Didn’t want you to fall off” he was so genuine that Belle couldn’t resist any longer. She raised a hand to the back of his head sliding her fingers through his hair and placed her lips on his in a hungry kiss which he instantly responded to. His hand which had been resting on her waist slid around to her back pressing her closer to him.

“I love you so much” she said breathlessly as they parted

“I know and I love you too” he said

“you know” she grinned suggestively “we have a few hours till Martha arrives” she began placing kisses on his neck “whatever could we do till then?” her hand had crept under his shirt and was now sliding up and down his toned chest

“Belle..” Aden began but Belle’s lips found his again before he could continue any further. He enjoyed the kiss for a moment before pulling away. “Babe, wait a minute, are you sure you’re ready for this?”

She kissed him again before answering “I started it didn’t I”

As soon as the words left her lips she placed them onto Aden’s again. It took him longer to pull away this time but he did wanting to be sure that Belle was ready

“If you wanna stop just say babe O.K”

“Hey that’s my line “ she laughed “seriously though Aden I want this, I really really want this” she added taking her hand from under his shirt and tugging it upwards. “now be a good husband and shut up”

Aden finally relented and helped her to remove his t.shirt before moving onto hers.

Ah that's nice to hear zoelouise :rolleyes: is this soon enough :wink:

Chapter 29

“Aden you need to get up! We are going to be late if you don’t move!”

It was the morning of Meg’s christening and Belle was determined to arrive on time. She was standing at the side of their bed staring down at Aden who was awake but refusing to get out of bed.

Aden glanced at the clock and noticed that they still had an hour and a half before they needed to be at the church which was a ten minute drive away.

“babe it takes me like five minutes to get ready, I can get another hours sleep at least. Unless…”

He reached out to grab Belle’s hand and tried to pull her towards him

“No way Aden. Up now!”

“God I love it when you’re bossy”

“Aden!” Belle couldn’t help but let out a giggle

“Come on baby you know you want to” Aden looked at Belle with his most seductive smile and knew from the look on Belle’s face that she wouldn’t need much more persuading “I know I want you to - I reeeealy want you to” he dropped her hand and began to run his own up her bare leg causing her to sigh

“Aden please” she said although her tone was much softer and Aden knew that she was close to giving in to his demands. His hand began to skim slowly up the back of her body applying a gently pressure when it reached her lower back. The pressure forced her right up against the edge of the bed leaving her no other choice but to bend her knees and kneel on the edge of the bed. He sat up so that his face was level with hers and moved in to kiss her. Their lips were millimetres apart when he began to whisper “I’ll have syrup with mine”

“what?” Belle leaned back from him slightly

“I’ll have syrup - On the pancakes you are gonna make me. Did you think I meant something else?”

“You pig” Belle leant over him to pick up a pillow and hit it around his head

“Oh No! You are gonna pay for that Jefferies!”

He reached behind him and picked up his own pillow and began to swing it in Belle’s direction.

She hopped off the bed and ran out of the room Aden close at her heels.

“Ha, look at that you’re out of bed! Guess I win” Belle laughed as she reached the lounge

“Oh you think this is over?” Aden grinned walking towards her swinging the pillow as if it were a sword “this is soooo not over.

Belle began to back away from him pillow held in front of her. She made it into the kitchen but soon realised her mistake as she felt the counter behind her.

“Hmm backed yourself into a bit of a tight spot there, not the smartest move” he was grinning as he slowly made his way towards her. When he was within touching distance he threw his pillow onto the floor and reached out for Belle’s snatching it from her grip causing her to squeal.

He reached out again and took hold of the front of the shirt that she was wearing and slowly began to unfasten the buttons leaning down to plant a kiss in the spot where each one parted. When all of the buttons were undone he used his grip on the shirt to pull her as close to him as possible and finally kissed her.

Belle let out a moan of pleasure as the kiss deepened her hands roaming up and down his muscular back.

He slid the shirt from her shoulders placing hungry kisses to the parts of her neck and shoulders that it’s removal exposed.

“God Belle, you are so beautiful” He spoke the words into her lips as they parted slightly to catch their breaths.

“you’re not too bad yourself” she answered returning her lips to his

“bedroom?” he murmured

“why bother, we have pillows here”

An hour and fifteen minutes later they were rushing around the apartment getting ready to leave.

“Do you have the card and present?” Belle asked

“Yeah they are here” Aden said waving a gift bag in the air

“Camera, where’s my camera, god we are going to be late”

“Babe, chill! Your camera is on the table and we have plenty of time to get there so calm down”

“I just don’t want to turn up late we are the godparents Aden we have to set a good example”

“Well we better not tell people why we are running late then” he said with a cheeky grin.

“You dare” she warned “I thought you said we had plenty of time!”

“I did, and we have if we leave now so come on lets go” he said picking up his car keys and opening the door.

Belle let out a sigh of relief when they pulled up outside the church at the same time as Irene who had Annie and the guest of honour with her.

“Hey” she said as she stepped out of the car “all ready Annie?”

“I think so” the young girl replied as she lifted her daughter from the car seat.

Belle noticed her glancing around nervously scanning the faces of the guests already gathered outside the small church.

“Jai?” she asked

Annie nodded “He said he’d be here but I don’t see him”

“I’m sure he’ll be here Annie, please don’t worry”

“Why are we worried?” Aden asked as he strolled over to them

“Jai’s not here yet” Annie answered

“Well if he doesn’t turn up me and him are gonna have words”

“Aden!” Belle scolded

“I’m serious, these two girls here” he said putting his arm around Annie’s shoulders “are way too special to be putting up with crap from him. I’ve let it go till now but I’m telling you this is his last chance”

“Thanks Aden” Annie smiled up at him sweetly

“You ‘re welcome. Now let me get a look at my gorgeous godbubba” Aden picked Meg up from Annie’s arms.

She was dressed in a beautiful full length christening gown

“Wow! How gorgeous are you missy! You’re definitely the belle of the ball today” he placed a gentle kiss on her head “Hey Aunty Belle you think we should give our present now?”

“I think we should” Belle said with a smile handing the gift bag over to Annie

“Thank you - you shouldn’t have” Annie said shyly

“Of course we should” Belle said “now open it”

“Excuse her” said Aden “She’s a little pushy when it comes to presents”

Annie laughed as she unwrapped the small box handing Belle the paper she had taken off. Her eyes filled with tears when she opened the box and saw the gift that they had bought.

It was a tiny silver bangle set with little star shaped diamonds and the words twinkle twinkle little star engraved on it.

“Oh Wow! It’s beautiful” she said picking it out of the box

“We had it engraved too” Aden said

Annie turned it around in her fingers to read the inscription - you’re our little star our gorgeous god daughter love always Belle and Aden

“thank you - we love it don’t we Meg” Annie said as she placed it on Megs wrist

“You’re more than welcome” Belle said hugging Annie

“Hey look who’s just turned up” Aden gestured to the group who were walking towards the church, Jai leading the way.

“Here” he said handing Meg back to Annie “We’ll leave you to it for a bit”

“Thanks” she said as they walked away just as Jai approached her

The ceremony went without a hitch and Meg behaved perfectly throughout seeming to enjoy being the centre of attention.

“So what now?” Belle asked as she walked out of the church arm in arm with Annie “Back to Irene’s?”

“Erm no” Annie replied “There’s sort of been a change of plan “we’re going to the surf club”

“The surf club? Why?”

“Er, Irene didn’t want to have the hassle of cleaning up after everyone had gone you know and Alf suggested the surf club so…”

“O.K so we’ll meet you there yeah”

“yep sure” said Annie rushing off to Irene’s car “Bye”

“Irene’s?” Aden asked as Belle joined him in the car

“No the surf club apparently”

“how come? He asked

“I don’t know - something about the hassle of cleaning up Annie was a bit vague”

“Babe Annie is always a bit vague”

“True” Belle laughed “Come on lets go, everyone else has left already”

“Well if we are gonna be late anyway….” he smiled suggestively

“Aden! We are parked outside a church! Now get moving!”

He laughed as he started the car and headed in the direction of the surf club.

The drive was short and they teased each other the whole way there.

As they walked into the club from the car they were holding hands and laughing at something Aden had said so neither of them was paying much attention to their surroundings until they were startled by a sudden shout.

Meg's gown

the bangle

Apologies now for the cheesiness at the end but well I love it so.... :wink:

Chapter 30

“I hope you’re happy now!”

“Oh my god!” Belle didn’t need to turn around to recognise the voice that had shouted from behind them. She felt Aden tense as he too realised who had called out.

He spun around and turned to face Grant who was leaning up against the fence that led to the beach.

“babe go inside” he said dropping Belle’s hand

“No, Aden leave it!” Belle cried pulling on Aden’s arms. He hadn’t moved from the spot he was rooted too but Belle could feel the anger pouring from him.

“Yeah Aden, leave it. I want to have a chat with your girlfriend” Grant pushed away from the fence and began walking towards the couple. Aden stepped protectively in front of Belle, one arm reached behind him holding onto her.

“do you not remember me telling you to stay the hell away from her?”

“Yeah I remember” Grant replied “I’m just not scared of you. Your cow of a girlfriend has ruined my life, I’m not going to let her get away with that”

“I’m warning you you scumbag, get lost or…”

“Or what? What are you gonna do about it tough guy”

“Don’t tempt me!” Aden growled

“Aden please” Belle had begun to cry “just ignore him, lets go inside”

“You wont just ignore me you B***h! at that Grant lunged around Aden attempting to grab Belle.

Aden instantly released his hold on Belle and used both hands to push Grant backwards causing him to fall on the floor. He bent down and grabbed hold of the front of Grants shirt pulling him to his feet before raising his knee to his stomach.

“Aden, stop please” Belle cried, tears now streaming down her face

But her cries fell on deaf ears as Aden continued to grab at Grant who was now fighting back

At that moment Martha walked out of the club and seeing what was going on called back inside for help before going to comfort Belle

Roman came running out of the club followed by Irene, Tony and Rachel

He ran straight over to Aden and pulled him away as Tony wrestled with Grant

“Mate calm down!” Roman said to Aden who was still struggling against him “What’s going on?”

“This scumbag attacked Belle a few weeks ago”

“What!” Roman looked around at grant who was now standing still in front of Tony. Tony hearing what Aden had just said grabbed hold of Grants shirt

“That right mate?” he asked

“I didn’t attack her” Grant answered

“What” Aden replied “locking her in your car, forcing her to kiss you, touching her! That counts as an attack in my book!”

“mine too” said Tony looking at Grant

“Mate do the police know about this?” Roman asked Aden

“Yeah! Charlie was dealing with it” Aden answered before looking over at Belle

Roman noticing the direction of Aden’s glance gripped his shoulder “mate, you go and look after Belle, me and Tony will handle this”

“You sure?”

“Yeah mate go on”

Aden jogged over to Belle who was surrounded by Rachel Irene and Martha. Martha being the only one who knew about what had happened with Grant was the one comforting Belle. Rachel and Irene just looked shocked.

“Babe come here” he said pulling Belle into his arms “you ok?”

“I can’t believe he came here!”

“It’s ok babe, he will never get near you I promise, you don’t need to worry”

“why didn’t you tell me about this girlie?” Irene asked

“There was no need Irene - we had it sorted” Belle answered “at least we thought we had it sorted”

“it is sorted” Aden insisted “Lets go inside”

“You might wanna wait out here a sec Aden” Rachel said “let Belle get herself together before you go in”

“Why?” Belle asked pulling away from Aden and wiping the tears from her face

“Well, erm Annie has sort of arranged a party for you” Martha told them

“You’re kidding” said Aden

The three women shook their heads

“Look if you’re not feeling up to it Belle….”

Belle interrupted Rachel

“I’m fine Rach honestly, now are we going to have to act surprised when we walk in”

“I would darl” Irene said

“You guys go in ahead” Aden said “We’ll follow in a bit”

He turned to Belle as the others walked into the club

“You sure you’re up to this?” he said as he brushed the hair from her face

Belle sighed and shrugged her shoulders

“What is it baby?”

“I just feel like lately all you are doing is asking if I’m ok”

“That’s cause I love you so much and I hate to think that you’re not ok” he said cupping her face in his hands

“I know you love me Aden and I love you too. I just wish we could have like a month without any dramas you know. Is that too much to ask?”

“it’s not too much” he replied smiling down at her “and I will do everything in my power to make it happen ok”

“I know you will, that’s why I love you so much” she stretched up and placed a kiss against his lips

“So come on, surprised faces at the ready!” she said as she took his hand and led him into the surf club and their ‘surprise party’

“Surprise”

Annie was the loudest amongst the assembled guests and Aden and Belle both acted surprised as well as they could for her benefit

“Oh my god!” Belle exclaimed “Who did this? Aden did you know about this”

“Me! No way!! This is amazing!”

“It was my idea” Annie came bounding over to them wrapping them both in a hug

“Wow! Annie thank you!” Belle replied “This is so great!”

She looked around and saw that all of their friends were there. The room had been decorated with balloons and just married banners and there were a number of their wedding pictures blown up and stuck on the walls

“This is why you wanted some pictures!” Belle laughed

“Well yeah” Annie replied “although I did want one for at home”

“Annie, this is really awesome thank you” Aden said hugging her

“Nicole really helped too” Annie said as Nicole came hobbling over

“Really?” Aden seemed surprised

“Yes really” said Nicole “I can be nice sometimes you know!”

“Thanks Nicole” said Belle sincerely “We really appreciate it and we know how nice you can be…. Sometimes!”

“You’re welcome, I think” said Nicole with a laugh.

“Right hubby” Belle said grabbing Aden’s hand “Let’s go mingle”

A few hours later and the couple had managed to speak to most of the people at the party. Nicole had insisted on hiring a D.J who had been playing for a while and Belle was dancing along with Leah, Martha, Annie and a number of the other girls. Aden was at the bar talking with Miles and Geoff.

Roman who had returned to the party a few minutes after Belle and Aden walked to the D.J stand and asked if he would turn the music off for a moment

“O.K folks can I have your attention for a minute.” he spoke into the D.J’s microphone

“Oh no dad!” groaned Nicole “Not a speech”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence Nic!” He laughed “Seriously, I thought someone should say a few words and I’m sure Aden would have chosen me as his best man if they had gotten married here! Right mate?” he laughed

“Yeah sure Roman!” Aden called over with a laugh as he put his arm around Belle who had walked over to join him.

“anyway, Everyone here knows what Belle and Aden have been through in the past and we have all watched them fight their way through to come out of it so much stronger and happier. I know I speak for Irene too when I say that we seriously couldn’t be prouder of the people they have turned into. I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve ever seen two people crazier about each other than the two of them! To be honest I was kinda glad when Aden moved out, I knew I could walk into a room safely without catching the two of them all over each other!!”

“here here” shouted Irene! Causing the room to erupt in laughter

Roman winked over at the couple and laughed when he saw Belle blushing furiously

“Moving on…. I’d like to congratulate them on their marriage and wish them all the luck they deserve so ladies and gentleman if you could raise your glasses….. To Belle and Aden!”

“Belle and Aden”

Aden had his arm firmly wrapped around Belle’s shoulders and was smiling down at her as she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Your turn mate” Said Miles patting Aden on the shoulder

“What?”

“Yeah Aden come on” shouted Nicole “Speech speech”

Aden looked back to Belle who was smiling through her tears and she nodded her head giving him a push towards the small stage.

Aden reluctantly walked over and took the microphone that Roman handed him.

“Erm yeah well I don’t really know what to say!!” he stuttered

“How about thank you!” shouted Nicole

“Cheers Nic! Yeah thanks is a good start I suppose! Thanks to Annie for arranging all this..”

“And me!” Nicole interrupted

“sorry!” Aden laughed “Thanks to Annie and Nicole for arranging this. Thanks to all you guys for coming! We are sorry that you couldn’t be at the ceremony with us but, well frankly, we just couldn’t wait! Thanks to Roman for the speech - Belle and I couldn’t have done it all without you mate and Irene too so thanks to the both of you. And lastly but by no means least thanks to my beautiful beautiful wife! Belle, babe, I can not even begin to tell you how much I love and adore you. You’ve given me the strength I needed to become the man I am today and for that alone I will always love you. You’re my world baby. Thank you!”

“Ah” Nicole shouted as Aden jumped from the stage and walked back to Belle taking her in his arms and placing a delicate kiss on her lips.

The guests clapped and cheered and Roman wolf whistled causing the couple to pull apart laughing.

“Dance” Nicole shouted

“What now!” Aden grinned

“You have to have a first dance - oooo I know the perfect song!” Nicole went to the D.J and whispered to him.

A few minutes later Aden groaned as the opening bars of a familiar song played out

“Nic!! The Robin Hood song!”

“What it’s perfect” she said “Now go dance with your wife!”

Belle smiled as Aden led her to the dance floor and took her in his arms. He held her close as they began to dance and he couldn’t help but sing the words into her ear..

Look into my eyes - you will see

What you mean to me

Search your heart - search your soul

And when you find me there you'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for

You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for

You know it's true

Everything I do - I do it for you

Look into my heart - you will find

There's nothin' there to hide

Take me as I am - take my life

I would give it all - I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for

I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more

Ya know it's true

There's no love - like your love

And no other - could give more love

There's nowhere - unless you're there

All the time - all the way

Oh - you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for

I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more

I would fight for you - I'd lie for you

Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you

Ya know it's true

“You know what?” he said as the song came to an end “Nic was right that was the perfect song”

Archived