Ritchie coy on 'Home and Away' return

Guest -Kevin-

Kate Ritchie has refused to confirm or deny reports that she could one day return to Home and Away.

The 30-year-old, who starred as Summer Bay local Sally Fletcher for 20 years before deciding to quit the series in 2007, remained coy about a possible comeback when quizzed by TV Week.

"Oh look, I don't know," she said. "They didn't off her, so I guess it depends if they need a hand running the caravan park.

"She might be back, but not at this stage. She's having too good a time in Thailand, isn't she?"

Recently, Ritchie made a critically acclaimed return to Australian television screens as Judi Kane, the wife of slain 1970s standover Les Kane, in the second series of underworld crime drama Underbelly.

When I saw that article today loads of questions came to my mind...what would Sally do if she came back? Would they be able to write for her as good? What if new scriptwriters didnt really have the feel for Sally? But at the end of the day, Sally still owns half of Summer Bay House so I'm sure she will always have a place in the Bay. I wouldnt be surprised if she made a cameo for episode 5000 later this year. I cant imagine Kate not wanting to be part of it.

Archived