Fans petition To Save 'Home And Away' Couple

Guest Mishyy

Not sure if anyone is interested, myself personally i'm not but if you are...

Fans of Home and Away's lesbian couple Charlie (Esther Anderson) and Joey (Kate Bell) have started an online petition to keep the pair together.

The controversial relationship has been the focus of fierce debate in Australia with conservative groups arguing that it is inappropriate for the soap’s 7pm PG-rated timeslot.

"This petition is to keep Home and Away's new lesbian couple, Charlie and Joey, together and to help people understand that love is love, pure and simple. It should transcend all barriers and prejudices," said the petition's creator Mag Melvy Jolie. "Just because society deems something wrong or abnormal doesn't mean it is.

"People have to accept and embrace the fact that gays, lesbians and bisexuals are as human as any of us and they have the right to fall in love with whoever they want as well as to stay in that relationship happily just like everyone else."

Over 1,300 people have so far signed the petition posted on petitions.tigweb.org.

An 'I Support Charlie and Joey' group has also been set up on facebook, with more than 300 fans already signing up.

Source

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a153716/...way-couple.html

Hm. I'm all for a permanent gay couple, but I'm not sure that Charlie and Joey should be permanent. I think it would be a shame to limit Charlie's options *coughRoman&Angelo&Martha* :unsure: I am glad, in a way, that's it getting so much attention. In a perfect world, no one would care and they'd be just two characters doing their thing, but the world's not perfect so unfortunately we have to go through all this fighting to get equality for people. It's sad and it's frustrating, but I think it's worth it. If I have to sacrifice CaR forever... sigh... I guess it's for the greater good :(

Gay relationships don't last long on soaps usually its a quick 6 week storyline so it would be interesting to see a long term gay relationship on the show.

However right now I don't think Charlie deserves Joey after sleeping with Hugo and I'm starting to doubt how strong their relationship is! If Charlie claims she is so in love with Joey she shouldn't have slept with Hugo. I know she had her insecurities but that's no excuse to cheat on the person you claim to 'love' just because you want to prove a point to yourself.

Maybe Joey and Charlie being apart is the best thing right now.

And if Kate wants to do other projects good for her :D But I hope she does come back to Home and Away even if it is for a short time.

I'd like to see what happens with Charlie and Joey, maybe they could work past their problems, but for now I'm not sure about them. Hopefully Joey will find happiness in the end! ^_^

Archived