Guest Georgia

Story Title: Never Far From My Heart

Type of story: Medium to Long

Main Characters: Belle, Aden, their partners and a few others

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Romance, Drama, Angst. General really

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Drug references later on

Summary: After Aden's night with Nicole, his relationship with Belle never gets back on track. They both try to move on but they still love each other. The story is about what happens when they meet again.

It was night time in Summer Bay. A few lights twinkled in the background but the town was peaceful. Families were asleep in their beds. Two families in particular, hundreds of kilometres apart, both had 3 members and their paths were linked in many ways. Aden Jeffries was laying wide awake in bed, holding his newborn daughter Belle, while his fiancee Amy snuggled into his back. On the other side of the world, it was the middle of the day. Belle Taylor was putting her son Aden down for a nap, while her husband Liam, was writing a new song in the conservatory. These families had more in common than similar names. Aden and Belle had a history, one that had never been fully resolved. Belle had fled the country with Liam when she discovered what had happened between Aden and Nicole. Aden had stayed, hoping Belle would calm down, knowing that he had made a huge mistake and that he couldn't live without her. However, Belle had never come back and Aden didn't know where to find her. She had left no note, address or number to contact her on. He realised that she had probably moved on but he had never stopped loving her. His first and only child was called Belle, and he had promised to never let this Belle go. Amy had no idea that her fiancee didn't truly love her, just their daughter, just like Liam Murphy didn't know that his wife didn't truly love him. Belle had named her son Aden and never let him out of her sight. Liam worried that she was too over protective but she was still stubborn and ignored his worries. She would never loose sight of her son, he stood for too much. Belle had trouble even putting him down for a nap, worried that if she let him go, he would never truly be hers again. However, as if by fate, Irene had asked Belle to come back to Summer Bay, as she missed her and was worried that she wouldn't see her again. Belle agreed immediately. Maybe it was time to settle things with Aden. Its not as if anything can happen between us, she sternly told herself. I'm married with a child and Irene has told me he is engaged. But still, Belle booked a flight for two, telling her husband that she was going to visit Irene with their son and then come back in a few weeks. Little did she know, Aden Jeffries had just put his fiancee on a flight to England, as Amy's mother was very sick. It looked like it was going to be a holiday to remember.

this is just an introduction. i havent wrote in a while so can u please review. ill only keep writing if u guys like it.

Chapter Two:

"We interrupt this television programme with an important news document".

Aden was sitting with his daughter Belle, lulling her to sleep with the sound from the TV, before cooking dinner, when the message interrupted the show.

"The wife and son of rock star Liam Murphy have gone missing. His wife, Belle, and son Aden, were supposed to arrive in the town Summer Bay in Australia but never reached their destination. Liam can not be reached for comment. We will keep you updated with any further information".

Aden slid down onto the floor, not even realising he had done so until he hit his head on the edge of the couch. He absentmindely rubbed it. The news update had given him a lot to think about. Belle was supposed to be in Summer Bay but she wasn't. They could have finally had a chance to resolve all their problems and without the presence of husbands and fiancees around. More importantly, if she wasn't in Summer Bay, it meant she was somewhere else. Something terrible could have happened to her. A crazy fan of Liam's could have recognised her or some weirdo could have taken a liking to her son. An ache started in Aden's chest. He had been so close to seeing Belle again but it was all gone. It had been snatched from him but this time he wasn't going to sit around doing nothing. He had to find Belle and bring her back to where she belonged, with him.

----------------------------- Flashback -----------------------------

"How could you Aden" Belle screamed as she threw the last of her belongings into an open suitcase. "I was going through the toughest time in my life and you were sleeping with Nicole !". Tears streamed down the side of Belle's face but she brushed them aside angrily.

"Belle, you have to believe me. It meant nothing. I was hurting so badly over you and I was so angry at myself for not being there for you. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just needed to talk to someone and Nicole was there. It got out of hand". Aden was practically begging her to understand but he could see from her face that she didn't. It was time to try another route.

"Look Belle, when I went to the clinic, you did what you could to get through it. You started dating and slept with Super Cop (Angelo). That made me feel awful but I got through it and if anything we came out stronger on the other side", he finished breathlessly.

"Aden Jeffries, how dare you bring that up. For one thing, even though I was with Angelo, I still tried to help you sort out your problems. Number 2, my problem was with drugs, not the fact that I tried to murder someone and hold two other people hostages and 3, I still cared about you when you were in trouble, whereas you didn't even hang around to talk to me after my overdose. You just left as soon as you knew I was OK".

The words hit Aden hard. Everything she had just said were all the things he had thought about when he was struggling to come to terms with what had happened with Belle and Nicole. His mind went blank. There were no words that would make everything better. He had messed it up too badly. He had hurt her too badly. He was jolted back to earth by the slamming of the front door. The suitcase was gone from the bed. He ran towards the sound and pulled open the door. A car started noisily in the driveway. He ran faster than ever. As Aden reached the driveway, he saw the familiar little blue car pull away from the house, Belle driving away as fast as she could, tears still streaming down her face.

" NOOO Belle you can't leave me ! You can't ! You're the best thing thats ever happened to me ! I LOVE YOU". The car had gone too far to hear his pleas and he fell sobbing to the ground.

----------------------------- End Flashback -----------------------------

Aden still sat slouched on the floor, tears rolling down his cheeks. He couldn't think about that night without crying. It was still impossible for him, even after all that time. He had to get Belle back.

Belle sat slouched on the floor of a dingy room, hugging her son into her, tears rolling down her cheeks. Ever since she had been snatched, she had been thinking about what was important. The last night with Aden Jeffries had been playing in her mind over and over. She couldn't let it end like that. However, a creaking door cut into her thoughts, and a shadowed figure stepped through. "Please don't hurt me again ****** ".

Archived