A Secret Affair?

Guest KaiyaBlake

Helloooo :)

Hope everyone is good and well :lol:

Sorry this is really short and i am far from happy with it!! But enjoy anyway ^_^

Oh and thankyou for all your comments. I really appreciate them!

I think i'm going to end this fic pretty soon, i don't know much else to do with it after the next few chapterss.

Chapter 20

He stayed focused on his son, fidgeting with anything he could reach. “Mate-”

“Don’t say it”, he cut in.

“She did what she had to do”

“No she didn’t”, he shook his head slightly. “Do you remember how they had found a video?”

Tony nodded. That had been why they believed she was actually dead. He hadn’t even thought about that since…

“I was thinking about it. If her and Cam had made a deal, that would have been part of it. She would of done that, knowing that I was going to have to see it-”

“But you didn’t-”

“That’s not the point Dad”, Jack quickly snapped. “She crossed a line. Even if she thought Cam was still alive, I could have helped her. She didn’t even call.”, his voice then lowered into a whisper.

A hint of sorrow ran through Tony’s body as he thought about the pain they had gone through. “I know it was hard mate… but did you ever stop to think about what she went through?”

“She doesn’t seem to upset about it” he tried to brush it off.

Tony laughed at his son’s bluntness. “Yeah well she’s been so pre-occupied with how angry you are at her that she probably can’t even take it all in”

Moving towards the door, Jack stopped to turn and look at Tony. His face was sad, as if he was actually starting to see some sense. Thinking he was actually going to admit he was wrong, Tony stood up to comfort his son.

But instead, he turned back away, before leaving…

------------------------------------------

He watched as the waves crashed onto the shore. What he wouldn’t give to go back in time. Maybe if he had been more careful of Cam, Martha would have been alright and none of this would have happened.

He wanted so much to forgive her. To tell her everything was alright. But he couldn’t, it was like part of him was still haunted by what he went through.

“Look there he is”, a soothing voice filled the air. Smiling at the fact Erin was here, he took no notice in Martha sitting herself down next to him.

“I think she missed you”, she laughed slightly before passing her to Jack. “So did I”, she then admitted.

“Martha”, he screwed his eyebrows up in discomfort.

“I know. You’re still mad”, she sighed. “You… you still love me though don’t you?”, she cringed as she asked the most dreaded question on her mind.

“I can’t do this Martha”, he carefully stood up with Erin. “Just give me space”, he told her harshly before walking off towards the car.

Sitting there, completely drained of emotion. She didn’t know what to do. Should she cry at how much this hurts? Or should she laugh at how much her life had changed?

Either way, she got up and headed to the car, knowing she would soon have a hungry baby to feed.

---------------------------------------------

“I’m just going to feed her and put her to bed”, Martha said as they walked through the door. “She’s already been bathed so-”

“Yeah okay”, Jack cut her off before heading to the fridge, grabbing a beer and sitting himself on the couch. A routine that had become quite familiar to her since she’d been home.

Martha smiled as she took Erin into her room. If she had one thing to be thankful for, it was the beautiful little girl she held in her arms. There was nothing that didn’t make her happy about her. The way she squeezed her finger so tightly, made her feel like the most special person in the world. She could never have asked for a better thing in life then Erin.

As she placed her softly into her bassinet, she noticed how much she had already grown. In 5 days, she could already notice a slight difference. Her features were becoming more noticeable, features that Martha could see both her and Jack in.

Placing the top Erin was previously in on the bedside table, Martha stopped to look herself in the mirror. She looked older then she remembered. But not like she had aged… like someone had taken some of the spark out of her eyes.

As she lifted up her top she was met with the memories she would much rather forget.

She had tried to let herself forget about it, let everything go. But she couldn’t hide from the marks on her skin. Most of her back and sides were covered with bruises, along with the occasional scar from his knife.

Her eyes began to well up with tears as she remembered how scared she had been. It had taken her every bit of courage she had to come back when Erin was born. Don’t get her wrong, she wanted to see Jack more then anything, but she didn’t know Cam was gone. She didn’t know that she wasn’t being chased.

She didn’t know anything anymore…

Another tear dropped onto her chest as she crumpled onto the floor, now only wearing her underwear. She felt so discusting. The only place on her body that wasn’t bruised was her stomach. She had fought with everything she had, he was never going to get near her baby.

A quick noise awoken her state of mind and she jolted to find her top.

But it was too late.

He stood there, mouth wide. Not quite believing what he was seeing.

“Get out”, she cried, covering herself with anything she could reach.

And that was all Jack needed to run out of there. Closing the door behind him he leant back on it. He was so stupid…

He kept mentally cursing himself for how selfish he had been. His dad was right, what about what she had been through?

He hadn’t even once asked her how she had felt.

And now he didn’t know what to do. Should he pretend like he had never walked in. Should he talk to her, admit he was wrong.

He didn’t know what to do anymore. He had never felt more out of his comfort zone.

--

Through sobs, she slowly put her pyjamas on. That was the last thing she wanted. She wanted Jack to forgive her, not because he felt sorry for her, she wanted him to forgive her because he actually did, not because he felt he had to.

But it still hurt. Why hadn’t he stayed?

Sure, she told him to get out. But that’s not what she wanted.

She wanted him…

--------------------------------------------

After many nights of waking up to a crying Erin, Martha’s mind had somehow adjusted to the fact she would at least have to get up once or twice during the night. So the fact that she had woken now, was no surprise.

What was a surprise was the empty bassinet where Erin normally lay. And normally this would be the moment she would freak out, had she not felt the unusually cold spot beside her.

Walking wearily out of their room she stopped as she heard him talking. He must have gotten up to settle her. How did she not hear anything?

“I’ve really stuffed things up”, she heard him whisper, obviously to Erin. “Daddy’s been a big idiot and now he doesn’t know how to talk to mummy…”,

A tear fell on her cheek as she listened to how upset he really was. Never in her life had she thought her and Jack would go through a stage like this.

However she found herself smiling at what she was listening to. She wished he would talk to her though…

As she heard him get up she quickly moved to the bedroom hoping he would never notice she was up.

Still assuming she was asleep, he walked over to the bassinet, slowly putting their daughter to sleep, before climbing back into bed himself.

Not wanting to hold back any longer, she slowly moved towards him, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist while laying her head against his neck. She didn’t know what she was expecting to happen, but even if he didn’t hug her back, just holding him was enough for her.

At first he tensed, obviously shocked at the situation he had been put in. But as she placed a kiss on the crook of his neck, she felt him soften.

Pulling her arms out from around his waist, he turned so he was facing her, before wrapping his arms around her petite frame and laying his head on her chest.

For what felt like the millionth time that day, tears fell down Martha’s cheeks as she held him in her arms. She had never realised how safe and warm it was.

As he felt a tear land on the top of his head, Jack moved himself up so he could hold her properly. He placed kisses on her cheek as she cried into his body.

“I-I’m so sorry”, she cried.

“No”, he snapped abit to harshly. “You have nothing to be sorry about”, he was still angry with himself for the last couple of days. Seeing Martha like that before… something just snapped inside him.

He thought that he had a point to make. He just wanted her to see how much she had hurt him. He would never forgive himself for how neglectful he had been towards her.

“I do love you”, he then whispered against her lips. “I love you so much”

She smiled through tears as she heard his words. “This whole thing is so stupid”

“It is”, he agreed. “But about before…”

“Shhh”, she quietened him. “In the morning. We’ll talk about it in the morning, I promise… Right now, I just…”, she stopped and pressed her lips up against his. Tingles running through her body as he slowly kissed her back.

--------------------------------------

Next Chapter: Love is in the air for JnM :wub:. Will everyone be happy about this? :unsure:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe i havn't read this fic, it's so amazing as we don't get many JnM fics no more :(

Aw thankyou! I love it when new people comment my fic...

Heyyy Guys :)

Thankyou all for all your comments. They are what keep’s me writing!!

Hope everyone has been good!!

Enjoy this chapter. It’s not overly long. But it’s better then nothing? ^_^

Thanks again everyone!

Chapter 21

Morning had come quicker then expected. Jack had spent most of the night awake, going over everything that had happened last night. Again and again…

Feeling a gentle tap on his bare chest he looked down, only to be met by Martha’s pouting face. Knowing what she’s after, he can’t help the smirk that appears on his face as he leans down, pressing his lips against her own.

“Morning lovely”, he tried to keep his voice down. Erin was still asleep, which was unusual, so he wanted to make the most of it.

“Hello Handsome”, she giggled back at him. Jack couldn’t keep his eyes of her as she smiled, but it still broke his heart. Everything still wasn’t back to normal and he needed to fix that.

“Martha we should talk about…”

“Yeah I know”, she sighed. “I’m just sorry I didn’t tell you everything earlier”

“As if I gave you the chance too”, he admitted solemnly. “Seeing you last night”, he continued carefully. “It was like I could feel how much you were hurting. It must have been horrible what you went through…”

Martha nodded shamelessly. “I was so scared”, she confessed. “He had so much power over me, I was helpless”, she wrapped her arms around him tighter as she continued. “If I didn’t do something he said, that was it. He would grab me, hit me, he even used a knife a couple of times…”

“I’m so sorry”, Not being able to take it anymore, he interrupted her.

“There was nothing you could have done then..”, she shrugged. Gently brushing her hand against his cheek. “I don’t know if you saw it… but, he videoed me at one point. That was the worst part. He got so much more violent… I think I even passed out a couple of times”

“I should have looked at it”, Jack scolded himself.

“You never saw it?”

“I- I couldn’t. It was too hard… But I should of! They told me you were dead, but.. You had only passed out”, he cried. “I swear to god whoever confirmed that you were is going to be-”

“Jack no”, she stopped him, tears already filling up her eyes. “Things are already hard enough. I just want to try and put this behind us”, she pleaded with him.

“But they-”

“Please Jack”, she tried again. “Do it for me”, she half smiled.

Thinking for a second, Jack gave in. “I owe you this”, Jack agreed.

“Thankyou”, she gently kissed him on the lips. “I love you Jack Holden”

Jack didn’t even bother answering. He was too caught up in the moment. He felt her hands roam his body as their kiss became more passionate.

Never in her life had she met someone who could make her feel like this. It was amazing how she felt. It didn’t matter what was happening elsewhere. When they were happy, that was it, her life was perfect. All she ever needed was him.

As things became more intense, she moved her hands so she was now holding his face. And although she never wanted it to end… it did.

“Erin”, Jack said breathlessly as their lips parted to the sound of her cry.

“Ohhh, I’ll get her”, Martha moaned. She started to pull herself from on top of Jack but was abruptly yanked back down. “Jaaacckkk”

“Kiss”, he insisted keeping his hands firmly on her waste.

Leaning down, she laughed at the smug look on his face before giving him a quick peck on the cheek. Trying to get off him again she was far from surprised when his hands did not budge.

“Whatt”, Martha tried to pretend she didn’t know what the problem was, but couldn’t help but laugh at the look on his face. It was a look she knew well, one that said ‘are you kidding me?’, all with a scrunch of the face and a shake of the head.

Rolling her eyes Martha leant down and placed a long hard kiss on his lips and immediately felt his hands drop from her hips.

Quite pleased with herself, she got up to attend to her distressed daughter. “Sorry bub”, she peppered kisses on Erin’s little head. “Alright come one”, she then said as she sat down to feed her.

“What does it feel like?”, Jack suddenly chirped in from behind her. He had always wanted to ask, but they hadn't exactly been speaking.

Martha smiled as she ruffled his hair playfully. This is what it was supposed to feel like. Them as a family, sharing new experiences… together.

She paused for a couple of moments, trying to think of a way to actually describe it. “It feels… strange. Like no other feeling I’ve ever felt. Except, at the same time… it’s just so amazing”

“All of this is so amazing”, he agreed while giving her a big smooch in the crook of her neck.

“Ohhh Jackk”, she laughed as she tried to sound disgusted.

“You want it”, he told her before giving her more kisses. Trailing them down her neck, she laughed as he hit sensitive parts of her neck.

“Ahhh, Maybe I do”

At the diner…

“Just a coffee and…”

“A Juice thanks Aden”, Martha cut in. “We really need to get out a bit more”, she said as Aden was out of sight.

“We are at the diner babe”, Jack pointed out casually.

“No stupid. I mean out, you know… somewhere other then here. We are always at the diner”

“It’s the place to be I guess”

“Yeah… the only place”, she scoffed before laughing.

“Alright grumpy pants, why don’t you… just… umm”

“Yeah I’ll be sure to do just that”, she joked before realising where he had turned his attention. “Ohhh. I see”, Martha raised her eyebrows while keeping her attention on the newspaper she had recently picked up.

“Wha… See what?”, Jack quickly turned his attention back to her.

“You to had a ‘thing’ didn’t you”, Martha screwed up her nose as she harshly dropped the newspaper down in front of her and leaned closer to Jack.

“Don’t be stupid”, Jack moved back a bit. “I am not having anything with Charlie”, he replied honestly.

“Promise?”, she turned her head slightly but still not moving an inch away from him.

“Promise”, Jack smiled.

“Good”, Martha kissed him quickly on the lips before smiling smartly in Charlie’s direction.

“You are such a tease”, Jack shook his head slowly. “But I get it… Who wouldn’t be when they have me?”

“Hey, Jack”, A voice was heard behind her. It took Jack every bit of willpower to simply greet her and ignore the funny looks plastered on Martha’s face.

“I’m off to the toilet”, Martha then got up. She couldn’t stand this woman; hopefully Jack knew to get rid of her while she was gone.

Just as she had expected, Charlie immediately took her seat as she left.

Trying his hardest not to be noticed. Jack looked at Martha out of the corner of his eye, she kept on pointing to Erin and him, but gave a harsh look as she pointed to Charlie.

“What’s so funny?”, Charlie asked once she noticed his smirk.

“Oh nothing, just things are really good right now”, he lied.

Later that night…

“At least it’s not the diner”, Jack sighed as he watched the sand run through his fingers.

“It’s perfect”, Martha sighed, moving to lie softly on her back. It was perfect… he was perfect.

“I love you”, he smiled sweetly before lying down beside her and giving her a kiss.

“Love you to”, she returned the smile.

They sat silently for the next couple of minutes. Each in their own world of thoughts.

Martha was so thankful that things had worked out. Jack had planned a night on the beach and they had been lucky enough to have Colleen volunteer as a baby sitter.

Grabbing his hand tightly she rolled over to snuggle closer. She felt so safe and warm in his hands.

“How did you get her to leave?”, Martha broke the silence. “I think I was so happy she had gone that I forgot to ask…”

“Who, Charlie?”, he looked confused.

Martha nodded obviously. “Yes”

“She asked if we were together and that was my gateway in”, he laughed. “I started talking about how happy we were. I even found myself using the phrase ‘soul mates’ a couple of times”, he laughed.

Martha laughed. God she wished she could have seen the annoyance on Charlie’s face. “Thankyou”, she turned to look into his eyes.

“Did it for you babe”, he winked back at her, causing her to giggle.

“But somehow I doubt that’s the end of it”, she said. “You can tell she has the hots for you… bad”, Martha grinned.

Jack groaned. “Can we not go there please?”

Standing up, she found this all rather amusing so decided to continue on… “I mean who wouldn’t? Right Jack? Biggest Stud of Summer Bay”, she laughed in amusement as Jack then stood up too. “You’re just so handsome and kind. I don’t think anyone could ever resist you”, she joked. Trying to back away from him slowly.

“That’s funny”, Jack nodded, putting on a fake smile as he cornered her between him and the ocean.

Martha kept on smiling, despite the fact she knew he was going to do something. He always did. But to her surprise, she felt him grasp his hands around her and before she knew it, he was attached to her lips.

“What… No pushing in the water? Tickling me until I nearly wet myself?”, she looked confused.

“No”, he shook his head seriously. “But I have a question”

“Nope”, she half laughed. Still convinced he was up to something.

Stepping away from her slightly, he dug his hand deeply into his pocket, in search for that one important thing.

Finally finding it, he pulled it out so she could see. “Marry me Martha Mackenzie?”, he asked shyly. “And I mean officially. This is me officially, totally, and completely asking you. To be my wife. forever”, he spoke the last word in a whisper.

Frozen, Martha couldn’t wipe the enormous smile on her face. She had forgotten that they were half-engaged. Or whatever you call it when you agree your going to get married. But haven’t made it official. “There is nothing I would rather do”, she beamed, flinging her arms around his neck to kiss her newly fiancé.

Sighing with happiness and relief, Jack took out the engagement ring. The one that she had previously worn in a different life, and slipped it onto her finger. Kissing her hand, he couldn’t keep his eyes off of her, she was everything he had ever wanted.

“I still can’t believe you kept it”, she admitted, her eyes constantly darting from Jack and The ring.

“I was never going to let go of it. Let go of us”, he corrected himself. “This is it. This is how it’s supposed to be. Me, you and Erin… and whatever else may come”

“I couldn’t imagine a more perfect way to spend my life”

Next Chapter: Charlie won’t get in the way :unsure: ? The happy couple spread the news… :wub:

Ohio :lol:

How is everyone?

Thankyou all for your comments, love them :)

I know I didn’t give much warning (so sorry :() but this will be the second last chapter! I’ll probably write something else after this, but it might be a while… I wanna plan my next fic better then this one haha!

Enjoy guys!

Chapter 22

Her face lit up as Colleen entered with her daughter. She looked so tired, poor thing, she thought. She had no idea what was going on…

“Aww if it isn’t my little cupcake “, Martha cooed as Erin was placed in her arms. She was amazed that she wasn’t crying to be honest. The Surf Club was full of people, all here to celebrate this day. It wasn’t exactly what you’d call quiet. But all the same, she was having a great time.

A smile spread over her face as she felt two hands slip around her waste. “Oh I wonder…”, she laughed. Turning around to face him.

“Surprise”, he joked. “Hey cutie”, he rubbed Erin’s cheek lightly.

“I can’t believe everyone’s here”, she laughed. “Tony, Rachel, Irene, Belle… and even Roman came”, she pointed out.

“I know”, he said, equally as surprised. “Who invited him?”, Jack scoffed, pretending to be angry.

“Give him a break”, she patted Jack’s back firmly.

“Yeah I guess you’re right”, he agreed. “He’s not very lucky with the ladies”

Martha gave him a weird look. She had no idea what he was on about.

“Ever since he came here”, Jack continued. “He tried to get with Rachel… Dad got her. Then he tried to get with you… but eventually, I got you”, he raised his eyebrows before winking at her.

“It’s the Holden Charm I guess”, he added cockily.

“Oh is that right?”, she rolled her eyes back at him.

“You know it babe”, he moved forward to pepper kisses on her cheek and lips.

“Oh get a room will you”, a voice called from behind them causing them both to turn quickly.

“What’s going to happen tonight? You won’t be able to keep your hands off each other besides look after Erin”, Belle laughed.

Slowly, both Martha and Jack turned to look at each other. Realisation hitting them that they had no one to look after her for the night.

“Well dad can’t do it”, Jack shrugged. “Rachel’s sick”

“And Colleen's too deaf to look after her overnight”, she laughed slightly. “She wouldn’t even hear her if she woke up”, she then started to get worked up.

“I’ll look after her”, Belle chirped in.

“Really?”, Martha looked unsure.

“Of course”, she nodded. “Unless… you don’t want me to?”, she questioned them, noticing they were looking uneasy about it.

“No of course not”, Jack said quickly. “It’s just… she might wake up. And… you’d have to feed her and-”

“I can do all of that”, Belle assured them. “It would be my pleasure, and Aden would be there to help”

As she turned to look at Jack, Martha smiled. “If you’re sure”, she grinned, turning her attention back to Belle.

-----------------------------------------

The key must have been around the world 5 times before Jack finally managed to get it in the hole and open the door. But then again, it was kind of hard for him to concentrate with Martha wrapped around him in any way possible.

Stumbling through the house, they didn’t separate their bodies once, which made it quite difficult for them to reach the bedroom.

“Shhh Jaa-ack”, she giggled loudly as she pulled away from his lips. Highly amused at the amount of alcohol he had consumed.

“You’re in my way”, he whispered seriously.

“That’s because you’re carrying me”, she pointed out causing Jack to burst out into a fit of laughter.

“Well stop it then”, he told her playfully, not making any sense to Martha.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry”, she held her hands up in surrender.

“You’re so…”, Jack grabbed her cheeks as he tried to think of the write words.

“…Smart, talented, beautiful-”, she tried to finish off his sentence.

“Drunk!”, he shook his head laughing. “Ohhh”, he lowered his voice to a whisper again as he placed her on the ground and stood away from her. “You’re bad”

“What! No”, she sulked.

“You should not be drinkinggggg”, Jack sung back.

“I’m not!”

“Ha. I think I’m a little drunk too”, he grinned. Making his way over towards her and enveloping her in a tight hug. “It’s so good you know?”, he mumbled.

“What is?”, she smiled.

“Sam. She was grumpy”, he slurred. “ALL the time. Especially when I drank beer. I would be in trouble”, he widened his eyes, fear flashing through them. “Am i?”

“Of course you are”, she scoffed, pulling his hands off her and walking to the bedroom. “I guess you’ll have to make it up to me”, she shrugged innocently as she poked her head out of the bedroom door.

“Oh you just wait Miss Mackenzie”, he warned her. Quickly scurrying to the bedroom with her…

The next morning…

“Noo not the light”, Jack screeched as the sunlight hit his eyes. “Shut the blinds, shut the blinds!”

Martha shook her head discustingly as she quickly closed the blinds. Then making her way over towards the bed, where Jack was now fully under the covers. “You know, people say the best thing about being with the person you love is you get to wake up to your husband every single morning…”, she knelt down closer to the blanket covering his head. “I have to disagree”, she laughed slightly.

Hearing this, Jack pulled the cover down abruptly, looking at Martha with a smirk on his face. “Oh don’t be like that”, he told her, still squinting slightly from the sun.

As she lay down in his arms, Jack then took the opportunity to snuggle into her body and drift back to sleep.

Smiling down at him, she started to run her fingers through his ruffled up hair. He looked cute, she thought. He had his cheek pressed up against her chest and his mouth was slightly agape. His eyes were still a little scrunched from the sunlight and…

“Are you staring at me?”, he mumbled, breaking Martha from her thoughts and still not opening his eyes.

“Mmm hmmm”, Martha replied nodding, even though she knew he couldn’t see her.

“When’s Erin coming?”, he then asked.

Martha turned slightly to look at the clock beside her. “Well it’s 12 now so probably soon I’m guessing”, and as if on que, then came a knock at the door.

“Or now, whatever”, Martha sighed before tiredly getting up to answer the door.

“Good. She can come cuddle with me”, she heard Jack call out before she left the room.

Normally she would be embarrassed about answering the door with only a pyjama top on that came half way to her knees. But for some reason this morning, she didn’t care.

As Martha swung open the door she noticed Belle and Aden’s eyes wander over what she was wearing. “Oh Martha. I’m sorry. If you wanna sleep more we can-”

“Nah it’s fine”, she cut in. “Jack’s a little… well a lot hung over. But I’m fine”, she smiled at them. “Hey baby”, she beamed as Belle passed her Erin.

“She’s been great”, Belle then said.

“Yeah, hardly woke up all night”, Aden chirped in.

“Aww I’m glad”, she responded happily. “We’ll be sure to return the favour you two one day”, Martha winked before they all said their goodbyes.

“Let’s go see daddy”, she then huffed, walking back to their bedroom.

“Come here kid”, Jack yawned, rolling over from where he was on the bed to take her from Martha’s arms.

“Let’s get out and do something today”, she started to nag him, but soon realised her pleas were pointless. He had fallen asleep… again.

“Useless”, she huffed quietly as another knock was heard at the door.

“Martha”, Charlie greeted her rudely.

“Is there something you want?”

“Is Jack home?”, she asked.

Martha rolled her eyes and sighed. When was she going to give it a rest. “Nah”, she smiled.

“Yes he is! I just ran into Belle and-”

“If you knew then why did you ask?”, she said cutting her off. Charlie had no words, instead she stood back slightly, not wanting to give her more reason to yell. “Look Charlie”, she continued. “I don’t know how much clearer I can make this. But… just back off, okay?”

“Excuse me?”, she nearly choked.

“I’m sure you’re a erm… nice person”, Martha faked a smile. “But I don’t need this right now. Jack doesn’t need this right now! We have a little girl to look after now”

“So?”

“So we don’t need you clinging to him every chance you get”, she softened her voice. In a way, she actually felt sorry for Charlie. She had obviously fallen for Jack in the past few months. “We just need our space okay?”

“I don’t know why I bothered in the first place”, she hissed. “Tell Jack I said goodluck, he’s going to need some with you”, she laughed, looking her up and down one last time before leaving.

“Yeah bye,.. b*tch”, she whispered under her breath, slamming the door as she did so.

“What was that!?”, she heard Jack call from the bedroom.

“Aww babe. You put her to bed”, Martha smiled thankfully as she entered the room. “Oh, and it was your one and only”, she winked to him.

“Oh yeah?”, he laughed. Grabbing a hold off Martha and pulling her down onto the bed with him.

“mmm”, Martha answered as Jack kept placing kisses on her lips.

“Not a chance”, Jack whispered, looking deep into her bright eyes. “You’re my one and only”

A grin spread across Martha’s face as she wrapped her arms around him warmly. “Ahhhhhh. I love you”, she said, peppering his face with many kisses.

“Well I'm really glad..”, Jack laughed. Leaning down to pull the blanket over them both. “Because I love you too”

Next Chapter: Last one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys ^_^

Last Chapter :(

Now I have to apologize for it being short, I thought it didn’t need anymore too it, I didn’t want to drag it on haha..

And I also have to apologize for it all together, I’m not really happy with it, that’s why it’s taken me so long! But I hope it’s alright :unsure:

Thankyou EVERYONE who has ever read/commented! It means so much :)

Enjoy guys!

Chapter 23

3 months later…

He watched in awe as she came down the isle. Her steps flowing softly as if she were gliding. Never in his life had he seen a more beautiful woman. Her hair was in soft waves, hanging loosely down her shoulders. Her eyes were glowing brighter then the sun itself… and, her dress. He couldn’t even find words to describe it… it was just so beautiful and it went with her perfectly…

Her smile grew bigger as she saw his face. This was the day she’d been waiting for. The day where they could put everything that has happened behind them and start a new life with each other. Not once had she thought that that was the road she would have to take to get here, but then again, they wouldn’t have Erin if it had all turned out differently.

“You look amazing…”, he gushed as soon as she reached him, their hands immediately entwining with each others.

Martha blushed. He could get her every time. No matter how often he told her that, it will still bring colour to her face. “So do you”, she smirked back.

-------

She took her eyes off him for the first time during the ceremony and placed a gold band around his finger, kissing it gently after she did so.

Butterflies came to her stomach as he took that familiar ring she loved so much and placed it on her finger.

He gazed across at her and smiled as he waited for the priest to say the words he had been waiting for all day..

“By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife… You may now kiss the bride!”, he nodded towards Jack.

Taking her in his arms, he inched his face closer as he gently pressed his lips against hers.

She couldn’t help but pull away and giggle at the echoing of cheers and whistles coming from everyone.

Turning back to Jack she pulled him towards her again to kiss him, this time more passionate as she held his face softly.

“I love you”, she hushed, only barely audible for him to hear.

“I love you too”, she smiled. “so much..”

The reception…

She held him closer as the slow tune of their favourite song played in the background. Looking over at Erin, she smiled…

“Look at our beautiful little girl…”, she sighed as Jack turned his attention towards Erin.

“I know”, he laughed as he saw this little girl bundled up into Luc’s arms. She had lasted all day up until now, so he did have to give her brownie points for trying.

“Did I mention that you looked adorable today?”, Martha queried. Poking him in the chest and smirking as she did so….

“Do I?”, Jack winked.

“Absolutely”, Martha laughed as he began to pepper kisses all over her face.

“This all seems so perfect”, he then said. “I’m waiting for something to happen. Like an explosion or something”, he joked.

“That was not funny”, Martha tried to stifle her laughs. “I thought I had lost you…”, she then turned serious.

“Well I’m never going anywhere”, he cut in quickly.

Martha smiled. “You promise?”, she teased him.

“Promise… You know why?”

“Why?”, she repeated him.

“Because being apart from you was the hardest thing I had to do. At the time, maybe I thought it was the right thing, but it was still the hardest. There wasn’t a day that went by that I didn’t physically hurt from being apart from you…”, he confessed.

She sighed as she squeezed him tighter. “Forget about that”, she whispered into his ear. “I’m here now. You’re mine and no one else’s”, she smiled.

“That’s fine with me”, he nodded before using his hand to brush the hair out of her face.

“Can you imagine us, when we’re 60. All old and grey”, Martha then asked as Jack laughed at her quirkiness.

“Can’t say it’s not a weird thought”, he smiled awkwardly.

“Do you think we’ll always be like this?”

“Yes”, he immediately agreed with a smile. “We’ll have grey hair and… well actually I’ll have grey hair…”, he laughed.

“Oh yes Jack cause I’m not going to have aged all by the time I’m 60”, she mocked him.

“Nooo”, he smiled almost childlike. “Hair dye silly. As if you’re going to let your hair go grey”

“Good point”, she grinned. “Hey it’s almost time to go”, she then remembered. “Half the people have already left”

“I know, they said goodbye to me to”, he laughed.

“Alright smarty. Well we better get ready to go”, she squeezed his hand excitedly.

“Someone can’t wait for tonight”, Jack raised his eyebrows quickly. “Can’t say I blame you though…”

“Are you saying your not excited for me?”, she pouted before turning around slowly to show off herself.

“More than you can imagine”, he replied honestly, pulling her into him as he walked off towards Lucas and his Dad.

“Alright guys. We’re off”, Jack told them as he watched Martha start to cuddle Erin.

“I’m going to miss you baby”, she sighed sadly as she wrapped her arms tightly around her sleeping daughter.

“We have left her before babe”, Jack pointed out, knowing that Martha was going to leave Erin on their wedding night.

“I know. But it’s not the same. We’re a family now, she should be with us for that”

“You’re right”, Jack nodded slightly. “Come on sweetie”, Jack said to Erin as he gently took her and cradled her in his arms.

“What are you doing?”, Martha asked confused.

A smile formed on Jack’s lips as he kissed her cheek. “Taking our daughter home…”

-------------------------------------

At their house…

“You’re lucky Erin went to sleep as quickly as she did”, Jack said between kisses.

“So lucky”, Martha replied, too caught up in the moment to really realise what she was saying.

“Aww”, Jack cooed, now turning his full attention to what he was doing. “You’re wearing the underwear I bought you the first time we got married”, he smiled at her sweetly as she looked down to wear his hands were in the midst of taking off her bra.

“Of course”, she laughed happily. “Oh wait!”

“Huh?”

“Wait a sec, I need to go to the bathroom”, she gave him a little smirk before hopping out of the room.

Great, Jack sighed to himself. She always did have great timing.

But about two second later, he saw her reemerge into the bedroom.

“Back so soon?”, he laughed ridiculously at her.

“I’m pregnant”, she blurted out, jumping up and down on the spot with joy.

“How did.. When did you… What!?”, Jack stumbled over his words.

“I took a pregnancy test this morning because I was late but I left it in the bathroom because I didn’t want to know after the wedding. Because if I knew, I would want to tell people and I didn’t want anyone thinking I was a skanky bride who couldn’t even wait until after she got married to have a kid”, she laughed.

“How do you think we had Erin”, he shook his head in disbelief.

“Oh. Ohhhhh!”, she screwed up her eyebrows in frustration. “I’m so stupid”, she then laughed slightly, easing her face a little.

“True”, he agreed, smiling. “But you’re also pregnant!”, he reminded her.

“Oh my god. Yes!”, she beamed before running as fast as she could to Jack and hugging him tightly.

“I’m so happy”, Jack stopped to kiss her. “You make me so happy”

“Not as happy as you make me”, she corrected him.

“This is a perfect ending to tonight”, she smiled contentedly.

“Oh I can think of one more thing to make it even better”

“Can you now?”, she smiled seductively at him.

“I love you, my wife”, he smiled proudly at her.

“And I love you… My beautiful, amazing, funny and perfect husband!”

----------------------------------

That’s it! Finished *frown* Dedicated to the memory of Jack Holden! Home and Away’s loveliest character :wub:

P.s. Having to write that Jack said he would always be here, It was hard!

Comments

Archived