A Secret Affair?

Guest KaiyaBlake

Hellooooo!

Because I’m so nice :lol: , I thought I would try and continue with this story (even though I don’t know what to do with it haha)

Here’s the next chapter, enjoy!! Sorry if there are a couple of mistakes :unsure:

Thanks for all you’re comments.

Chapter 10

Martha opened her eyes to find Jack snuggled into her body. He always managed to do it. She loved cuddling him, having him hold her and keep her warm. He on the other hand, loved snuggling into her, while she cuddled him.

“You’re such a sook”, she tried to laugh quietly, but still woke him up.

“You’re just so huggable”, he smiled, his voice all muffled from just waking up.

He moved himself up so he was at eye level with her. “Good morning”, he leant forward and kissed her cheek quickly a couple of times.

“What’s wrong with you”, he laughed as he noticed she couldn’t stop fidgeting. She had a big grin on her face and she wouldn’t stop looking at him.

“I’m too excited”, she beamed. “I could be pregnant. Right now”

Watching her with an amused look on his face, he couldn’t help but wonder whether this was the right thing.

“We’re doing the right thing aren’t we? Just going for it. Do you think we should take our time? Get engaged. Get married!?”

“We will”, she reassured him. “It’s just… being apart from you made me realize that anything could happen. We need to just do what we want, whenever we want. We’re ready for a baby. I don’t care if I look like a whale walking down that isle”

“It does feel right…”, Jack agreed.

“Mm hmm”, she nodded, stroking his cheek with the palm of her hand.

“Do you remember that time… when we had to have marriage counseling?”, he randomly spoke.

“Sure do”, she whispered back. “I remember it was so much fun talking about all the fun we used to have…”

“It made me realize how much I had lost”

Martha smiled shyly at him. Moving forward she kissed him softly on the lips. “You don’t have to go to work today do you?”, she grinned mischievously.

Jack shook his head and re-captured her lips. Pulling her on top of him, his kisses grew more passionate. “I swear by the end of today, if you’re not pregnant, there’s something wrong”, he murmured, causing her to giggle against his lips.

------------------------

Later that night….

Other than the occasional phone call, both Jack and Martha hadn’t gotten up all day. Martha had wanted to go for a walk and get out for abit, but Jack thought that they should stay in bed and ‘do all they could to get pregnant’. She had called him pathetic and tried to object, but he had ended up winning…

“Come on. You’re so lazy”, she whacked him over the head lightly.

“Sally said dinner would be ready at 7. It’s 6. We have time”, he said casually. Stretching his arms out and propping them behind his head.

“Oh okay”, she shrugged. “Then I guess you won’t mind if I just have a shower. By myself. You can have one after me, seeing as you’re not ready and all”

Jack got up and walked towards the bathroom. Martha knew he couldn’t resist not jumping in with her. “Martha. If you really want me to have one with you, all you have to do is-”

“Nah it’s alright”, Martha called out after closing the door. “You just lie down and you can have one after me. Like you said… we have time”, she laughed, knowing how disappointed he would be.

-----------------------

At Sally’s House…

‘knock knock’

“Jack! Martha! Glad you guys could make it”, Miles greeted them at the door.

They walked in to find Sally, Ric, Matilda, Tony, Lucas and Colleen already at the table. Pippa must have already been in bed, Martha thought.

They both greeted everyone and made there way over towards the vacant seats.

“I haven’t seen you two around today”, Colleen chirped. “Where have ya’s been?”

“Well…”, Jack started. “There’s actually something we need to tell you all”, he spoke nervously.

“Me and Jack have decided we want to start a family”, Martha butted in. “We want to get married and live together. Start from where we left off basically”, she smiled.

“I know most of you won’t agree. Or even understand. I mean, look what happened last time. But, we have learnt from that and… we know this time we’re going to do it right”

They both looked around the table, waiting for a response. Martha was squeezing Jack’s hand under the table; she hadn’t even been worried about telling everyone. But now that they had, she was abit scared of what they were going to say.

They all stared in shock. Each one speechless about how much was happening. Well almost everyone…

“Oh that’s wonderful!”, Colleen almost screamed. “I always knew it was only a matter of time before you two started a family”, she stared aimlessly while keeping the smile on her face.

“Don’t you think it’s abit fast?”, Tony finally spoke up.

“Nope. Not really”, they both answered.

“You guys have only been together for about a month”, Tony continued.

“I know you don’t approve Tony. But could you please just trust us on this one. We know what we’re doing…”, she all but pleaded with him.

“Sure”, he smiled. As much as he wanted to, he knew he would never make them hold off. Just like the first time they got together, they were in love; they were blinded by everything else. He just hoped that this time they knew how to make it work.

“Thankyou”, she smiled. Wrapping her arm around his shoulder.

An hour later…

“Do not listen to them”, Jack warned Martha. “Seriously. Just everyone, shhhhh”

For the past 10 minutes they had all been reminiscing on past memories of Jack and Martha. They had all had a bit too drink and thought it would be funny to embarrass Jack.

“He would come home sulking all the time. He was so jealous of you with Michael”, Luc added.

“Is that so?”, Martha couldn’t hold back the laughter. She loved finding out that Jack was always pining over her, she found it so amusing.

“NO”, Jack tried to stop them from saying more. “It is not true”, he shook his head profusely.

“Don’t listen to him Martha”, Mattie said joining in, pointing at Martha groggily. “It’s all true”, she sung.

Jack sat back in his chair and shoved his hands in his face. ‘Great’, he thought. Martha was going to have a field day over this.

“Hang on”, Ric gestured for everyone to stop talking. “How come no one’s embarrassing Martha?”, he smiled at her evilly.

She froze. There had been so many times that Martha had talked about Jack with Ric. He knew so many things that could embarrass her. “You wouldn’t”, she gasped.

“Remember the time that Jack was in a coma after the bank robbery?”, he raised his eyebrows at her, knowing full well that she knew what he was talking about.

Everyone kept their eyes on Ric, no one knowing what he was talking about.

“Ahhh, I like the sound of this”, Jack rubbed his hands together happily as he watched Martha’s face turn a bright red.

Ric then turned to look at Jack. “It was the night that Sam had gotten her to stay with you”, he started. “She really wanted you to wake up when she was there. But she didn’t know how she was going to make you…”

“Please stop”, Martha pleaded with him.

“But she came up with something”, Jack’s face lit up as Ric kept telling the story. “You had seen it in a movie, didn’t you say Martha?”, he looked over to her… trying his hardest to contain his laughter.

“Oh my god!”, Martha groaned as she tucked her head into her arms.

“What did she dooooooooooo!!!!!???????”, Jack yelled. He could hardly contain himself from the suspense.

“She kissed you”, he laughed hysterically, stopping as he heard a loud thump.

Jack had fallen off his chair and was now on the ground crying, laughing. “Ha”

Roars of laughter surrounded Martha as she sat in her chair, humiliated. “I cannot BELIEVE you Ric”, she screeched.

-------------------------------

“I hope Martha isn’t still angry with you”, Matilda stated to Ric while they were walking along the beach fence.

“Nah, she’s pretty easy going with that sort of stuff”, he laughed. “Jack gave her a bit of **** when they got home, but other then that, she took it as a bit of a laugh”

Looking over towards the ocean, Ric lead Mattie towards the fence where they both sat.

“Speaking of the devil”, Ric pointed towards two figures in the distance. “Surprised to see them up already”, he smirked.

They both watched as Jack scooped Martha up into his arms. All you could hear was the faint squeal coming from Martha as he tried to chuck her in the water.

“They’re a bunch of 6 year olds”, Ric laughed as he watched Martha pick up sand and throw it all over Jack.

“They’re so cute together”, Matilda cooed.

In the distance…

“Martha! You got sand in my mouth!”, Jack exclaimed as Martha held up a hand full of sand, threatening to throw it at him again.

“I’ll throw it”, she yelled at him cheekily.

“Can’t we just play nice? You know cuddles and kisses?”, he raised his hands in defeat. “Or do I have to be in a coma for you to kiss me?”, he laughed as she threw another bit of sand at his face.

“I knew you would bring that up again!”

----------------------------

Next Chapter: Will something ruin their happiness? :ph34r:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hellooooo again. :lol:

Grrrrr. I already had a whinge in the magazine scans thread, but I need another one ahaha :P .

In TV week it says that Martha has trouble going to Jack (AGAIN) and Jodi said she felt sorry for her not having that with him, and she confided in Roman a lot!

What Bullsh*t! The writers can’t just all of a sudden make Martha and Jack not close. We all know they are…

Them supposedly killing him off his bad enough, why wreck there relationship.

Okay… *Deep Breaths*. Writing this fic makes me happy, cause I make them happy hahha.

Yous all had a lot of favorite parts =D I feel special hahha, thankyou!

Seeing as I had this chapter I thought I would post it, this fic is such fluff. Is it boring? Does anyone want drama??

Here’s the next chapter, enjoy!!

Thanks for all you’re comments again

P.s i made up Martha's age haha sorry. :D

Chapter 11

She kept tapping her foot on the ground. “It’s taking so long”, she complained to Jack.

“I know. How long has it been now? An hour!?”, he leant back on the bathroom wall.

Both he and Martha were sitting against the wall in the bathroom, waiting for the results of a pregnancy test. Martha was only 3 days late but she still wanted to see just incase.

*Beep beep beep* They both went silent as the timer went off on her phone.

“Oh my god!”, she gasped. “I can’t do it! I can’t look at it!”, she quickly confessed.

“I’ll do it”, he stood up, shaking away his nerves as he walked over to the stick. “You’re kidding!”, he exclaimed.

Turning around to face her he saw the look of suspense on her face... “You’re pregnant!”

Martha shot up from the floor. “I’m what!?”

“I got you pregnant! On the first time! I’m like a God!”, he smiled to himself, too wrapped up in his own thoughts to notice anything else.

Martha wrapped her arms around her stomach. She couldn’t believe that something was in their. They were going to be parents!

“I’m going to be a mum”, she covered her hands over her mouth as the realization hit her.

Jack pulled out of his thoughts as he heard Martha. “You’re going to be a mum!”, he beamed.

He watched as he saw her slide down the wall and back onto the floor. She didn’t look happy. She looked worried and scared instead.

“I’m only 23! What if I can’t do it?”, she started freaking out.

“Of course you can!”, Jack reassured her, moving over towards her and wrapping his arms around her shoulders. “You are going to be the best mum. I know you are. You’ve loved this kid even before it existed!”, he laughed…. Earning a smile from Martha.

“You’re right”, she nodded. “I can do this”, she said, more to herself than Jack.

“Martha. You’re pregnant”, he stood up quickly.

Squealing, she jumped up and flung her arms around his shoulders. “You and me!? How are we going to pull this off?”, she laughed.

“Ahh we’ll think of something”, he responded, giving her a big kiss on the lips.

------------------------------

Later that day…

After the eventful morning they had had, they both decided to take a walk down at the beach. It was a part of the beach that no one went, it was quiet and beautiful, they always went there.

Their morning had been so surreal. After about an hour of laughing and Jack talking to Martha’s stomach, he was convinced he could make it grow faster. Then they had headed over to tell everyone their news.

“Everyone was so excited!”, she sighed happily.

“I know”, he squeezed her hand tighter in his. “It’s so amazing”

“Just think, we’re going to have a mini us. Some of you and some of me”, she pointed to herself and Jack, still not quite believing it.

“God it’s going to be a hot kid”, he smirked.

“Yes you’re right. I think it’s going to look just like me”, she laughed.

“Hey”, he lightly pushed her.

Sitting down in the sand he gestured for her to sit too. Instead of just sitting beside him, she sat straight on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck and squeezing the side of her face against his.

“I’m going to get fat”, she said. “Better make the most of being skinny now”, she turned to look at Jack straight in the eye.

“I can think of a way to do that...”, he leant forwards, kissing her neck and then slowly making his way up to her lips.

“Let’s. Go. Skinny Dipping!”, she exclaimed, trying to talk in between his kisses, but they stopped as soon as she suggested it.

“Ha. No way”, he shook his head. “Not in public, not in daylight, not at this beach, never!”

“Jack Holden! I am never going to look the same after this! You’re not the one who has to give up their body are you?”

Jack shook his head meekly.

“So then you won’t mind doing this for me? Please! Pretty Please…”, she begged him.

He rolled his eyes at her. “Why do you want to do this so much?”, he huffed.

“Because it’s fun”, she grinned from ear to ear.

Sighing, he reluctantly agreed. Standing up they both looked around, checking for any onlookers. After they were sure no one was around, Martha quickly pulled off her clothes.

“Someone’s keen…”, he laughed, not taking his eyes off her.

“You’re turn!”

Groaning with irritation, he slowly took his clothes off too. He watched as Martha ran off towards the water, she was going to be the wildest mum he thought.

“Gee, wait up!”, he called after her.

In the distance…

Roman watched as he saw the two naked figures jump into the water. They looked so happy and he hated it. He hated what he had given up.

He watched as they swam in the water. Splashing, cuddling, kissing, dunking each other under water, he knew a perfect way to stop them.

10 minutes later…

“Oi”, they heard a voice call out from the distance. “What do you think you two are doing!?”

They turned around to see Irene storming down the beach.

“****”, Martha cursed. Laughing as she rested her head on Jack’s shoulder.

“You two should know better than this! Jack, you’re a cop for Christ sake! You better get out know before anyone else sees ya!”, she gestured for them to get out.

“Yeah. Ummm… we will”, Jack stuttered, not wanting to get out in front of Irene.

“Well come on!”, she called out again.

“What, do you want to watch us get out?”, Martha yelled out cheekily, biting her lip after she said it.

Irene just stood there. “Fine! I’ll wait for you two up near the fence”

As soon as Irene left, Martha burst out with laughter. “Did you see the look on her face when I suggested she wanted to see us naked!”

Jack smirked at her big grin. “You’re such a stirrer”, he dragged her out of the water and started getting dressed.

-----------------------------

At the Diner…

Everyone was sitting enjoying their meals when they heard a couple of loud voices coming from outside.

“What the hell’s that?”, Luc asked Mattie and Ric.

”My fault?”, she almost laughed. “You loved every minute of it”

“Oh yeah it was so great having Irene catch us”, Jack remarked sarcastically, causing Martha to laugh again.

“Look who I found!?”, Irene raised her eyebrows as she brought in two wet individuals to Tony, who was before, happily reading the newspaper.

“What are you two doing?”, he asked. Confused at what the problem was.

“Well. I found these two ‘supposed adults’ –”

“Skinny dipping”, Martha chirped, poking her head from behind Irene.

Tony shook his head laughing. “You're both pathetic”, he joked.

Jack turned red, everyone in the diner now knew they had skinny dipped in broad daylight. He turned to look at Martha to see she still had a big grin on her face, she found this situation all too funny. “How did you find out anyway-”

“Who cares”, Martha butted in. “It was funny”

Oh my god”, Belle snorted from were she was sitting. “Those two are hilarious”

“I never knew them to be the crazy pair. I always thought they were all sensible and stuff”, Aden asked.

“Martha and Jack!? Are you kidding? Sensible is not a word I would use for them”, she kept laughing.

“Lighten up Jack, everyone thought it was funny”

“You. You thought it was funny”, he corrected her as he walked into his house.

“Okay okay. I am very, very, truly sorry”, she pouted as she walked over towards the couch to lie down.

Sitting down opposite her, he couldn’t help but stare at her. Noticing this, she put on the cutest face she could, while staring back at him.

He got up and walked towards her picking her up and moving her so he was lying with her.

“What a day”, he sighed, closing his eyes as he cuddled into her.

“Best day ever”, she giggled. “I love you so much”, she leant up to kiss his lips.

“I love you both too”, he smiled. “See what I did there?”, he then said, thinking he was pretty clever for remembering to say it to both of them.

She just looked at him, smiling back.

“Aha”

Next Chapter: It’s time for an adventure! :o:lol:

Now I’m guessing you all realized their happiness wasn’t ruined haha. I decided not too… yet. hahah kidding i don't know.

Hiooo.

Okay, firstly… Thank you so much for all your comments :lol:

I have no idea how old Belle is, or Martha really haha.

I didn’t really mean to start writing about Adelle, it just happened? :blink:

I’ve skipped abit of time, hope no one minds, nothing much has really happened though. This is sort of a fill in chapter, while I figure out what I am doing! :wink:

Well enjoy, from me…

TLC

Chapter 12

“Ahaa, look at this!”, she pointed to her belly and laughed. “Bub’s moving again”

“You’d think you would be used to it by now”, Lucas rolled his eyes and smiled.

Martha just stuck her tongue out at him. He was right, she was 6 months pregnant, but no matter how many times the baby kicked, it would always make her so excited. Although she wasn’t all that big, the baby would move a lot.

“Never”, she sighed, adjusting herself to sit on the soft sand at the beach.

“So, how’s it all going anyway?”, he laughed, watching as she lazily laid back into the sand.

“Well. Morning sickness is over and life is wonderful once again!”, she sung happily. “But seriously…”, she pulled herself up. “I need to make more friends, ever since Ric, Cassie and Mattie have left, it’s made me realize that I’ve never really had many mates around here”

“Oh”, he raised his hands up in defense. “Well in that case I might as well just be going…”

“Ah ha ha. Funny”, she pulled him back down. “You know what I mean”

He looked up to a figure walking past them. “What about Belle?”, he asked.

“Pfft. Yeah, she would want to be friends with an old pregnant chick like me”, she laughed.

“You’re 23, Belle’s 19. 4 years Martha”, he told her. “She’s a good friend to have. Plus, you guys are already kinda friends anyway”

“Hmm I guess”, she pondered over her thoughts. Belle had always been with Cassie or Matilda when Martha saw them, they just weren’t as good friends. “Yeah why not”, she shrugged, trying to pull herself up off the ground. “A little help?”

“Oh”, Luc quickly got up and extended his hand to Martha. Pulling her up he watched as she quickly sped off towards Belle. “I guess you’re really in a hurry to make more friends”, he called after her.

“Belle!”, Martha called from behind her.

Spinning around, Belle seemed a little surprised. “Martha! Hey!?”, she scrunched up her face.

“You seem surprised?”, Martha smirked.

“Well umm... Yeah actually”, she laughed back. “What’s up?”

Martha paused. She didn’t even know what she was supposed to say.

“Kinda embarrassing actually. I was just talking to Luc and well… since Cassie and Mattie have left, I’ve realized that you and me never really had much to do with each other and…”

“… you wanna hang out?”, Belle finished off her sentence

“Something like that…”, she laughed, getting embarrassed at this whole conversation.

“Of course”, Belle smiled. “I’m actually not doing anything at the moment though, just admiring the beach”, she looked out towards the ocean. “I love it at this time of day”

“Yeah it’s beautiful”, Martha replied, pausing for a second to gaze out into the horizon.

“So…”, she spoke again. “I’m going to cut straight to the question that I’m dying to know”, she laughed. “You and Aden?”

Belle groaned. Aden. Once again he had managed to slip himself into the conversation. “It’s complicated”, she answered.

“Well you’re in luck, I am the master of complicated”, she grinned like a little kid. “Tell me everything…”

---------------------------------------

“So you’re not sure what to do?”, Martha sighed. Belle had just explained everything to her. She already knew about Aden’s abuse, the whole town did… everyone had just accepted it and minded their own business, but she had no idea about how much he was struggling.

“I love him, I really do but… he’s seeing someone now, he’s moved on”, she put her head in her hands.

“Who?”

“Her names Kate… b****, skank, whatever you want to call her really”

Martha laughed. “Kate. Who is she anyway?”

“Some girl at his school”, she looked back up at Martha.

Jumping up as fast as she could, Martha grabbed a hold of her bag. “I’m gonna find out!”, she exclaimed.

“Find out what exactly”, Belle asked cautiously, scared that Martha was going to do more damage then good.

“I’m going to find out whether he really likes this Kate girl or not… come!”, Martha dragged Belle with her before she had time to argue.

------------------------

“So…. You’re place or mine?”, Kate smiled seductively at him.

“Ahh actually, I’m kinda busy this arvo”, Aden lied, trying to get rid of her.

“That’s what you always-”, she whined, stopping when they heard a noise from the bushes. She looked around, seeing if anyone was there, before carrying on. “I just think that we should….”

“Shhhhh!”, whispered Belle to an agitated Martha. “They’ll see us!”

“Yeah well, crouching in a bush when you’re pregnant is not as easy as it might look okay”, she huffed back, trying desperately to get comfortable.

“I can’t even hear what they’re saying”

“Me neither, you’d think we were close enough…”, she shook her head, not nearly as stressed as Belle was.

Noticing Belle giving her an odd look, Martha rolled her eyes. “Alright, Plan B”

“There’s a Plan B?”

“Okay… Maybe not yet?

-------------------------------

At Martha and Jacks…

Belle sighed as she flopped herself on the couch. What a day, she thought. She was glad Martha had approached her today, she needed a girl to talk to and for some reason she knew she could trust Martha.

“I have no idea what to do”, she sighed to Martha, who was now making them both a coffee.

“Don’t worry, I’ll think of something”, she assured her. “Don’t let this get to you, it’s all going to work out”

“How? I broke up with him when he needed me the most. We were just starting to get along, when that stupid cow of a girlfriend got involved”

“Just trust me Belle”, she handed her a coffee.

“I’ll try”, she smiled back. “Anyway, it’s been about me all day. How are you?”, she chirped, looking down at her growing belly.

“Me and bub are great”, she grinned back at her. “And I…”

“Hellooo”, they both heard Jack call from the door. “Oh”, he said as he saw Belle. “Didn’t expect to see you here”, he laughed.

“Hey Jack”, she shyly waved.

Martha coughed, trying to get his attention. “Why hello there stranger”, she raised her eyebrows.

“Does anyone want a drink?”, he looked over to Belle, purposely trying to irritate Martha.

Belle laughed. “No I’m good”

Looking up at Jack, Martha noticed a cheeky grin on his face. “Oh, finally acknowledging me now are we?”

“Aww. Calm down poopy pants, I was only kidding”, he bent down and gave her the biggest hug he could manage.

“Jaacckk!”, she whined. “You are squishing our child!”

Quickly realizing what she had said he pulled away a little, before moving to sit next to her. “I am sorry”, he pouted before giving her a soft kiss.

“You’re forgiven”, she giggled against his lips.

Deciding she should leave them alone, Belle got up and slipped out of the house before they noticed. She couldn’t watch them anymore, they were so in love and so happy, everything she wanted with Aden; everything she knew she couldn’t have…

Next Chapter: I have no idea, plus whenever I say something it never happens! :P Sorry

• 3 weeks later...

Helllloooo. :lol:

Sorry for the lack of updates. My computer was broken for over a week. Trust me, i was dying haha.

This chapters pretty short, i just wanted to add one though. I think there's a couple mistakes :huh:

Well enjoy, from me… :wink:

Chapter 13

1 week later...

“That’s great you and Aden are back together!”, Martha exclaimed. “How’d you manage that…? It was me wasn’t it? All my genius plans!”, she joked.

Belle laughed. “Actually I just was really upfront with him and… it kind of all fell into place”, she smiled proudly.

“Well”, Martha patted Belle on the back. “I’m glad it all worked out for you”, she grinned.

“Mmmm…. I actually told him I’d meet him in a sec. You wanna come?”

“Nah it’s alright. Me and Jack are going shopping for the bub!”, she smiled widely as she patted her growing belly.

“Ahh have fun with that. I’ll speak to you later yeah?”, she called out as she started to walk away.

“No worries”, Martha replied. “Now let’s get home bub, dad’s waiting for us”, she whispered down to her stomach.

--------------------------

At their place…

Martha opened the door with a hurry. She had waited for this day to come for ages. A smile spread on her face as she saw Jack walk out from the kitchen. She stopped suddenly when she saw he was still only half dressed.

Jack laughed as he noticed where her eyes were. “Hey babe”, Jack winked teasingly at her.

Martha blushed and grinned back at him, but her grin soon turned into a frown.

Sensing something was wrong, Jack moved forward. “What’s up?”

She went to say something but huffed. Screwing her nose up tight she folded her arms, resting them on top of her belly. “I am so excited”, she moaned. “When i'm excited i always come and jump on you and you pick me up… but I can’t”, she pointed to her belly, pouting as she did so.

“Thank god. I don’t think my back could take that”, he laughed.

Martha raised her eyebrows, she was clearly not impressed. “Yeah well. Can you take this?”, she raised her fist and punched him as hard as she could In the shoulder.

If Jack was honest, it hurt. He looked at her bewildered. “If you weren’t pregnant”, he warned her. “You’re ass would be mine...”

“Wouldn’t you love that!?”, she smiled cheekily at him, knowing she had won. “Come on, let’s gooooo!”, she then suddenly cried.

“Okay okay”, he sighed.

---------------------------

As soon as they arrived at the store, he lost Martha. Every store they passed, she ran in, not even allowing Jack time to keep a track of her.

"Matha!", Jack called out as soon as he caught eye of her.

"Mmm?", she answered, still too interested in a toy she had found for the baby. "How about this?", she asked. Holding up the toy she kept a hopeful expression on her face, hoping Jack would like it.

"Haven't you already chosen 5 exactly like that?", he laughed at her.

She looked up at him, completely unamused at what he had just said. "Well you're no fun", she muttered as she walked off to find something else.

"Ooh, what about this!?", Jack called her back... heading over to a little bassinet. It was a soft cream colour with a beautiful little blanket spread inside it.

"Awww, it's so pretty... and little", Martha cooed. "Let's get it!"

"Are you sure there's no more?"

"No. This ones perfect", she almost whispered. Taking a moment to think, she slipped her arms around his waist and looked up into his eyes. A year ago, her life was a mess. She didn't have a life, she had pushed away her family and most importantly, she didn't have Jack. Now she was out, shopping for her and Jack's baby, she couldn't be more happy. "I love you", she smiled sweetly.

"And I love you", he lent down and gave her a big kiss on the lips. "Very much"

"I'm glad", she laughed after kissing him.

--------------------

Back at the diner...

Alf was trying to look like he was listening to Colleen, but he didn't know how much longer he could handle it. Who needed to know about her wild adventures and her shameless gossip. He needed a distraction, an excuse to get away... and boy did he get one.

"Struth! I never thought I'd have to see his ugly mug again!", Alf exclaimed when a familiar face walked in.

"Oh my. Why do you think he's back?", Colleen screeched.

---------------------

"Do you think we got enough?", she asked Jack.

"Not a chance", he answered. "We only spent over a million dollars", he joked as he sat himself on the couch.

"Ahhh, cozy", she giggled as she sat down and curled up beside him.

Pulling her closer to him, he breathed her in. "What was it like for you?", he suddenly asked her.

She looked up at him as she scrunched up her eyebrows.

"When we weren't together", he added, noticing she wasn't understanding. "What was it like for you when we weren't together?"

He stopped as she pulled away from him. She sat up and tucked her hands under her belly. "Bad", she half smiled. "I hated it actually", she then corrected herself. "I hated that when i saw you, i couldn't hug you let alone touch you. When i passed you on the street with her, i would have to pretend i didn't see you. My bed seemed so much bigger, even if someone else was with me... they still weren't ever good enough. They never knew how to make me smile and laugh the way you did..."

With a sad look on his face, Jack lent forward and took her hand in his, he was so surprised at how much she was talking about it.

"But what i hated the most", she continued. "I hated the fact that it was all because of me...", a single tear ran down her cheek. Instead of breaking down and crying, she smiled, squeezing his hand tighter.

"You know I've never thought that", he wiped away her tear. "Things happened and to tell you the truth, i wouldn't have changed any of it because..."

"We wouldn't have ended up where we are today", she finished off his sentence. "You are so cheesy i love it", she laughed.

"What can i say?", he shrugged with a smile plastered on his face.

'Knock knock'

"I... will get it", she sung. Stopping to give him a soft kiss.

As soon as she opened the door, she knew who it was. "Oh my god"

"Surprised to see me?", he said smartly. "Oh you thought i wouldn't be... You SLUT!", he exclaimed as soon as he noticed her large belly.

"Excuse me!?", Jack yelled as he ran to the door. "Who the hell are... Cam!?", he spat.

"Missed me?", he grinned.

--------------------------------

Next Chapter: Why is Cam back and what does he want!? :o

I don't know how long/or if cam went to jail etc etc. I just added him to stir things up. There was nothing much to write about haha. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. :)

Thanks so much for all your comments.

I'm still not admiting the worst for Jack lol, I refuse too. So to everyone who is, you have my sympathy still

:( ...

Well enjoy from me anyway... :wink:

Warning: Content contains a TINY bit of swearing

Chapter 14

'Knock knock'

"I... will get it", she sung. Stopping to give him a soft kiss.

As soon as she opened the door, she knew who it was. "Oh my god"

"Surprised to see me?", he said smartly. "Oh you thought i wouldn't be... You SLUT!", he exclaimed as soon as he noticed her large belly.

"Excuse me!?", Jack yelled as he ran to the door. "Who the hell are... Cam!?", he spat.

"Missed me?", he grinned.

------------------------------

"You didn't think you'd both be able to keep me away for long did you?", he laughed, causing Martha to step further away from him.

His laugh made her want to vomit. She knew this was going to happen. Things had been going to well, things never went well when it came to her and Jack's life. She thought this time was going to be different, she loved Jack with everything she had, but apparently that's never enough...

She looked back at Jack, wondering what he must be thinking.

"Look mate, I don't know what you're trying to play at, but go do it somewhere else alright", Jack spat at Cam. He knew he was only trying to stir them up, but whatever he had planned Jack wasn't going to take it.

Cam raised his hands in defense. "Actually I had nothing planned", he laughed slyly. "Just thought I'd come round and tell you I'm out of jail. You know... seeings as you both were the reason i was in there in the first place", he then said. Since being in Jail, Cam had learned a thing or two. But everyday in that place had been hell, there wasn't a minute that went by that he didn't think about Martha... or Jack. He swore if he ever saw them again... well, he wouldn't be leaving them so happy.

Martha had had enough. "Just get lost alright...", she yelled before slamming the door in his face. "Why is this happening!?", she cried as she turned to face Jack.

"Someone up there has it in for us I reckon", he tried to joke but stopped as he saw the tears build up in her eyes. "Look don't worry about it..." he pulled her in closer to him to try and sooth her.

"I don't know", she sobbed.

“Hey! It's going to be alright... do you wanna know how I know that?”, he asked as he softly stroked her cheek.

“...how?”, she stubbornly answered, still not moving her head from where it was tucked in to Jack's chest.

“Because you have me”, he smiled as she finally lifted up her head to look at him.

He watched as he saw the hint of a smile creep up from her lips.

“Normally I would laugh at you right now and tell you how unbelievably full of yourself you are...”, she paused. “...but it kinda helped”, she half smiled. “I love you”

“I know”, he said in a matter of fact way before graciously accepting her cuddle.

“And you just went too far”, she joked as she rolled her eyes at his cockiness.

“What can I say? It's just a reflex...”, he laughed it off. “Come one Missy, it's passed your bed time”, he wrapped his hands around her stomach as he walked closely behind her towards the bedroom.

“Jackkk!”, he tone became more childlike as she tried her hardest to walk against Jack.

“Let's not have a tantrum okay. You know you're a big girl now”, he laughed.

“Fine”, she caved turning around to face him. “But only one condition...”, she told him as he stood their confused.

2 minutes later...

“Ahhhh. Nice. And. Warm”, she giggled as Jack continued to tuck her in.

“The things I do for you”, he shook his head clicking his tongue like a disapproving adult.

“Are you kidding me!?”, she looked at him with a blank expression. Clearly not amused at all. “See this Jack”, she pointed to the very obvious mountain that was tucked in with her. “You did that...”

“And from what I saw. You enjoyed it”, he replied, mocking her tone of voice. “Now go to sleep my little child. You've had a very big day...”, he continued to tease her.

“Okay, that just there...”, she referred to what he just said. “That just cost you a day without any kisses”

“That's fine”, he replied as he casually started to walk away from her. “I'll spend the day with my other girlfriend”

“2 days...”, she continued.

“She's a better kisser anyway”

“Oh is that right?”, she gasped. “Then you may as well spend the week with her. Cause you're not getting so much as a cuddle from me”, she turned away from him and tucked her arms beneath her head.

Slowly, he tiptoed up towards where she was laying. Leaning down, he placed a small kiss on her cheek. “Night babe”, he laughed when he failed to get a response. “We'll see how long you can last without my kisses now...”

-------------------------

That night...

Jack arrived at the Police station at about 8 o'clock. He really didn't want to be there. Even though he had managed to distract Martha from Cam being back, he hadn't distracted himself. It was on his mind 24/7. He couldn't figure out why he was back.

Normally he wouldn't have been so freaked out about this, Cam wasn't really a dangerous guy and even so, go near Martha and she'd kick your ass. But she was heavily pregnant and there was no way she could hold up a fight... she was fragile and vulnerable and needed Jack's protection and so did bub. There was no way he was letting Cam lay a finger on his kid.

“Jack! You hear about who's back?”, Lara called out from her office.

“Afraid so...”, he mumbled back. Too busy with his head stuck in Cam's paperwork to care.

“I'm doing everything I can to keep an eye on him”, she placed a hand on his shoulder. “But other than that... You know there's not much else we can do right?”, her tone became more serious as she eyed the papers Jack was looking at.

“Yeah I know”, he lied. “Just going over it that's all...”

The next morning...

Jack woke up late in the morning to come out and find Martha curled up in a ball on the couch, cradling her stomach.

He sighed, this always happened. When she got cramps she'd always have to curl up really small and just wait it out, but normally she'd have woken him and they'd be in bed doing this. God she was stubborn.

“Babe”, he spoke to her from behind the couch. Deciding it was better to see what type of mood she was in before he went any closer. “You alright?”

“Fine”, she grunted.

“Do you want me to-”

“No!”

“Come on please”, he pleaded with her. “I know you want me to he-”

“No I don't!”

“You do”

“Go Away!”, she yelled firmly. “Just leave me okay”

“Oh my god. Fine, have it your way”, he said as he left her alone to sulk.

At the beach...

After his recent encounter with Martha, Jack decided it was best if he left her to be by herself. Thinking he'd be useful, he took the time to show his new partner Charlie around the small town. He started at the beach.

“Well you know. Pretty simple. Here's some sand”, he pointed to the ground. “And over there's some water”, he then pointed to the ocean, causing Charlie to giggle.

“Really? That's what all this stuff is? Oh. I'm so gonna write that down”, she nodded laughing.

“Always here to help”, he played along with her before realizing they had company.

“... here's the whale”, she sulked as she came up behind Jack. Charlie didn't know whether to laugh or stay quiet.

“This is Martha”, he told Charlie. “My BFF, Partner in Crime”, he tried to cheer her up but failed. “Just don't mind her...”, he then raised his eyebrows.

“Right...”, Charlie laughed. “Well I guess I'll leave you guys to it”, she started to leave, deciding that they both obviously needed some space. “Thanks for your help though and it was nice meeting you Martha”, she waved as she headed off up the beach.

After waving back to Charlie, Jack turned his attention to Martha. “And how can I help you?”, he pretended to be happy.

“I got scared being at the house by myself. I heard noises”, she admitted.

“What!?”

“No don't worry. I think I was just imagining it. I've been a bit on edge lately, worrying about everything”, she sighed as she drew little swirls in the sand with her foot. “I'm Sorry”, she whispered. Too embarrassed to apologize.

“You're what now?”, he gestured to his ear, wanting to hear her say it again.

“SORRY!”, she exclaimed.

“Aww come here”, he held his arms out and before he knew it she was wrapped around him like a little kid.

“I always see him around on the streets and I'm scared at what he might do”, she spoke softly into Jack's shirt. “I've tried so hard to get where I am and move on from those days! I don't know what I was ever thinking. I was so stupid...”

“No you weren't”, he stopped her. “You were confused and alone. You trusted me to be the one by your side and I wasn't there. Well not like I should have been anyway..”

“I really loved you back then you know?”, she questioned him.

“Me too”, he half smiled as he lifted up her chin to look at him. Quickly but gently he bought his lips forward to meet with his own.

She immediately responded and smiled against his lips as she felt two hands softly caress her belly.

“I guess we're kissing again then?”, he joked against her lips.

“Yeah”, she giggled before leaning her forehead against his. “Just don't tell your girlfriend okay?”, she smirked.

“Meh. I got rid of her”, he scoffed. “Wasn't worth the hassle”

“Oh I see”, she nodded playfully with him before he recaptured her lips.

“No more fighting okay?”

“I don't know. You never know what my hormones will do next?”, she smiled helplessly.

That evening...

“Tonight's the night!”, Jack grinned to Tony as soon as he answered the door.

“What do you me-”

“I'm gonna marry her...”, he interrupted his Dad. “... again. Well ask... again”, he then laughed.

Tony looked unsure. He walked over to the couch to take a second out. “Is it the right time? I mean with Cam and...”

“That's my point”, he gestured towards him. “She need's this. We need this”, he nodded. “Plus I've finally found the perfect place”, he grinned uncontrollably.

“Well mate. I'm happy for you then..”, Tony patted his eldest son on the back. “Ahh”, he sat down. “So... go on then, details?”

Jack smiled from ear to ear. This was going to be the best night of their life...

She locked the front door as she exited and started to make her way next door. Rushing through her handbag to find her phone, she ignorantly walked straight past him.

“I'm coming!”, she spoke into the phone.

“Yep okay... Byeeeee”, she sung before hanging up.

As she put her phone back away she caught a glimpse of him. Stopping dead on the spot she slowly turned herself around, before instantly starting to back away.

“No...”

Next Chapter: Is Cam finally going to get his revenge? :unsure: Will Jack find her in time?

• 4 weeks later...

Helllooooo :)

I hope there are still some j&m here during the holidays haha.

Here’s another chapter for everyone…

I hope you’re all having a great holiday, had a great Christmas and have an even better New Year. :lol:

Enjoy, from me…

Chapter 15

“Martha Mackenzie!”, Tony repeated what seemed like the hundredth time.

“And what are you reporting sir?”, the cop behind the counter questioned him.

“She’s missing. Has been since 9 tonight! We need you to-”

“I’m sorry”, the cop stopped him. “You are reporting on a missing person, who you last had contact with an hour ago!?”

“No you don’t understand! Both her and her husband have recently been in contact with Cameron Reynolds… “, This is ridiculous, Tony thought. “Look can I speak to someone who actually knows what they are doing!?”, he then spat.

The man looked at him ungratefully before wondering off to find someone else. Tony sighed in frustration before turning at the sound of a familiar voice.

“Tony!”, Lara called out.

Tony sighed in relief. “Oh thank god!”, he cried, throwing his hands up in the air. “Cam’s on the loose for crying out loud and now Martha’s gone missing, surely you can put two and two together!?”, he ranted, getting straight to the point.

“I’ve been filled in on the situation”, she assured him. “Why don’t you come with me? We’ll get a couple patrol cars out looking… okay?”

“That would be great!”, he thanked her.

As she gathered up her necessary things and started to head out the door with Tony, she realised one important thing. “Umm Tony”, she paused and stopped him. Not knowing if she wanted the answer to this question she asked carefully. “…Where is Jack?”

------------------------------------

“You have got to be kidding me!”, he yelled. Throwing his phone in frustration as he did so.

Her body ached. Her mouth was like sandpaper from the material that was tied around it. On both her hands and feet she felt burning as she tried to wriggle her way out of the thick rope bound around them.

As he his foot harder on the accelerator, he repeatedly scanned his eyes through the scenery around him. He wasn’t going to give up.

His hands were hurting, aswell as every other bone in his body. But he had numbed out that pain. It was nothing. Nothing compared to the feeling of loosing her forever, to the thought of spending his life alone.

For the last hour or so he had been mentally scolding himself for his own stupidity. What kind of cop would have left his wife by herself when her crazy ex is after her…?

He quickly pulled the car over in search of his phone. Once he found it he crazily dialled her number, in a hope that someone, this time, would answer…

Slipping out of consciousness again, her head rolled down to her shoulder. She died of thirst. She could feel bruises and cuts all over her body from where he had grabbed her. Never in her life had she thought he was capable of this.

She regained herself as she heard her phone ringing. Desperately she tried to wriggle her way towards it, like by some miracle, she could answer it.

But before she could she felt a hand push her roughly out of the way before reaching for the phone and accepting it… but instead of talking, he just held the phone beside him, before kneeling right down in front of her.

“Martha!”, he yelled into the phone again. “Oh god please answer, please answer”, he cried before stopping to hear distance voices on the other side of the phone.

“Would you look at that?”, the man laughed. “Your idiot boyfriend won’t stop calling you… a bit obsessive don’t you think?”

She groaned in frustration, just wanting to be with him again.

“Let’s see what this guy has to say shall we?”, he asked her pointlessly before answering the phone. “Martha’s phone?”, he chuckled evilly.

“You son of a b*tch! I knew it was you! I swear if you touch her or the baby I will-”

“Now who’s to say I’m going to hurt her Jacky boy?”, Cam questioned him. “Me and Martha are old mates, I care for her very much… don’t I love?”, he looked over to where Martha was tied up.

Jack’s heart broke as he heard her muffled voice cry out in the background. “Just please tell me where she is”, he pleaded. He couldn’t do this anymore; he couldn’t act the tough guy. All he wanted was her and the bub back with him…

He listened as the line went fuzzy for a bit, only to hear his gut wrenching voice one more time.

“Have a good life without her Jack…”, he laughed before the line dropped dead.

---------------------------------

“So you’re sure she’s with him”, Tony spoke into the phone whilst still trying to direct fitzy in the right direction. “Jack, jack, jack… look calm down or we’ll never find her. Don’t be stupid Jack you know I care. Jack… Jack!?”

“Oh for god’s sake!”, he then cursed as he realised he had been hung up on.

“I know it’s hard. But you would be doing the same thing wouldn’t you..”, Lara chirped in, matter of factly.

“If Alf were here he would know what to do…”, he sighed.

Lara stayed silent. Who would know what to say anymore? All she could do is keep focused on finding Martha, which was the goal, so there was no time for reassurance; there was no time for anything else. “We can do this”, she muttered to herself.

“What are you doing to me?”, Martha sobbed. She was starting to break down. Her body was becoming cold and fragile and she could barely hold herself up. “I need to go… I can’t be here…”, she whined.

“Look I have a problem”, he said with a smile on his face. He was pacing back and forth in front of her, making sure his knife was in clear view the whole time.

“Take your problem and shove it up your ass”, she slurred. She didn’t have enough energy to laugh.

Hearing this Cam lunged forward, grabbing a hold of her hair as he did so. “You know, I never did like this side of you. So stubborn and disrespectful…”, he shook his head. Holding his knife firmly in his hand he slid it down the length of her forearm.

A piercing scream was all that came next, as Martha struggled to stay conscious. “I can’t…”

“Shhhhh”, he quietened her by pressing his knife harshly against her lips. “It’s my turn to talk”

Martha opened her eyes wearily to look at him again. She took no interest in what he was saying, in fact, she wasn’t even sure if he was talking or not. Her mind wondered back to the bad days… the days with Cam, the days that were so unbearable, she had pushed away everyone she loved to block out the pain.

****Flashback****

“Why are you doing this to yourself?”, he asked. Trying his hardest to keep calm.

“It’s none of your business what I do anymore Jack, so why do you care?”, she asked him, growing heavily tired of the same conversation that had been occurring the last couple of weeks.

“Martha. No matter what you do… how much you change, how much we grow apart or how much you seem to hate me, I will never stop caring…”, he whispered, moving forward and gently grabbing her hand…

****End of Flashback****

She remembers that day like it was happening right now. Just after that she had pushed him away, told him for the final time to get out of her life. But even then, when she had needed him, he was right by her side…

An excruciating pain on her leg broke her thoughts. She looked down to find him slowly piercing her skin with his knife. She let out a small, helpless yelp before he continued.

“You listening now?”, he threatened her by pointing the knife in her face. “Now I’m a pretty easy going guy. I’m not going to keep you here for longer then you wish to be…”

“I wish to be hoommmmee”, she cried, clinging to her stomach whilst ignoring all her pain.

“Well actually that’s one thing that’s never going to happen”, he spoke suddenly, smiling as he caught sight of the tears now running freely down her cheeks. “I am willing to let you go, but there a couple of catches…”, he smirked.

--------------------------------------

Jack pulled over on the side of the road once he had caught sight of his Dad and Fitzy. Running over towards them he didn’t waste any time.

“Okay I’ve got an idea on where they might be…”, he called out.

“Jack just calm down for a moment, you’ve been at it for the last hour or so… maybe you need something to drink?”, he suggested chucking a bottle in his direction only to watch it fall freely on the ground beside him.

“No!”, he bellowed back. “Fitzy, you and dad can go the back way. It takes a little longer but at least that way you’ve got my back if he tries to get away”, he told them. “I’m pretty sure they’re at that old abandon house, just a little way up from here”

“How are you sure Jack?”, Fitzy sighed. She knew she shouldn’t be questioning him at such a time, but it seemed pretty far-fetched.

“When I was on the phone to him, everything seemed pretty silent. Well I heard…”, he paused and took a breath before slowly continuing. “…I heard Martha… but other then that, nothing. Plus his voice was echoing”, noticing there unsure faces he stopped before continuing. “Look, I know what I’m doing, they are in this warehouse I am sure of it… I love Martha more than anything and I’m not going to let anything happen to her”, he looked at them with pleading eyes.

“Alright let’s go then?”, Lara gave in.

As he drove up the long dirt road leading to the building that he prayed would end this nightmare, his eyes were drawn to a movement in the distance. His eyes lingered there for a couple of moments before he realised it was nothing more then the wind. He just hoped there was more inside.

Stopping his car suddenly once he reached a safe distance from the building, he quickly jumped out of the car, leaving the door open as to not make any more noise.

Slowly he made his way further along and before he knew it he got to a door.

Once getting his gun securely in his hands he took a deep breath before smashing open the door. As soon as he ran inside he saw him, and without a moments hesitation he sprinted towards him, shooting him in the arm before he had a chance to run.

“Where is she!?”, he screamed, scanning the room for the only person he wanted.

“Ahhh Jack…”, Cam choked as Jack pushed his knee harder into his back. “It’s no use mate, you’re never going to see her again”, he managed to laugh.

”Tony. You stay directly behind me okay? Do not move an inch unless I say it’s okay too. Just follow me..”, she ordered as Tony immediately nodded in response.

As they came in closer towards the back entrance they both fell to the floor in instinct as they heard a loud gunshot coming from inside.

With in a split second of doing so, Lara had jumped up and bolted inside, gun in hand.

As if it were a movie, everything seemed to turn slow motion.

She ran inside and immediately came to a stop as her mind absorbed the scene in front of her. There, lying in front of her, was Cam, blood pouring from his chest. He looked lifeless.

Looking up she was met with a sight that truly broke her heart.

No where in the room could she see Martha instead there was a man dead on the floor and Jack…

He backed away as far as he could before his back hit the wall. His body felt weak, his legs gave in as he slid slowly down the wall, tears taking over him.

He couldn’t bear the thought of it, loosing her… loosing his kid. This wasn’t happening.

“Jack!”, he heard his father yell as he ran further towards him. As he reached him he took his son in his arms to try and calm him down.

“No dad, no!”, he cried, trying to fight his father off him.

“Jack I’m sorry”, Tony started to sob.

“No”

“Jack…”

“No no no no”, he cried helplessly before crumpling to a heap on the floor.

Next Chapter: How will Jack cope? What did Cam do to Martha and the Baby? :huh:

Hioooo :lol:

Thanks Barbara, dee83, ~AdelleFanEver~ and Nourtz. Glad to see some JnM-ers hahaha

Cause I’m heaps nice, here’s another chapter ^_^

Hope everyone’s holidays are great :lol:

Enjoy, from me…

Chapter 16

2 months later…

He sat wearily, tears rolling freely down his face as if it was all just hitting him. Brushing off a tiny amount of dust that had spread over the plaque, he read it aloud to himself…

“Martha Mackenzie and our beloved Bub, We miss you dearly…”

Jack shook his head as he recalled the day they had it made. They wanted to write R.I.P, but Jack refused… Because back then, he hadn’t believed it.

But then everything started to change…

***Flashback – 1 month earlier***

Jack awoke from his usual place on the couch as another bang at the door threatened to break it. “Freakin wait a sec!”, he groaned, still light headed from the amount of beer he had consumed. He wasn’t always like this, just the days when he wasn't out looking for them. He hadn’t given up, he still searched almost everyday. But some days, his Dad would stop him before he got a chance, reminding him that he would be no use to Martha or the baby if he had a nervous breakdown. Those were the days he spent at home, drowning his sorrows in a good old bottle of beer.

“Jack”, McGrath, his old boss, greeted him has the door opened. “I was starting to think you’d gone out for a change”, the man tried to joke. But underneath that weak smile, he could tell that he hadn’t just come for a chat.

“What have you found!?”, he asked as quickly as he could, still trying to ignore the obvious amount of alcohol running through his system.

“Nothing actually. It’s more or less what we’ve found out”, he told him. “You remember that man Cam mentioned to you before you… well, before you umm…”

“For crying out loud, just tell me what you’re talking about”, he yelled at him. Even though he knew very well what he was talking about. Before he had shot him, Cam had told him everything. So much that it had driven him to his death.

Before he died he had told him a vital piece of information, where he had sent Martha… Apparently a man named Brendan Smith who was going to ‘get rid’ of both Martha and his baby. And because of how difficult it had been tracking him down, he probably had… but that’s not something he could of ever thought about. Instead he searched, every minute he could he spent searching, grasping onto the tiny bit of hope he had left, that he could find them in time.

“Did you hear me Jack?”, he asked waking him up from his previous thoughts. “Never mind..”, he then said, realising that he, in fact, did not hear. “I said we’ve found him. But I’m afraid it’s not good news Jack”, he sighed, not wanting to be the one to tell him this. “Finding Brendan has confirmed what we were all fearing Jack… I’m so sorry”, he said, voice breaking.

“How!?”, Jack spat back at him. “Did you find their bodies!? Did you?”, he cried.

“Well no but we-”

“Then you have no proof..”

“Jack it’s on video!”, he quickly cut in. “I didn’t want to have to tell you that but… I’m afraid it’s true. You’ll never believe how sorry I am”

He slammed the door as soon as he went to speak again. How could that happen? In the space of 2 minutes, the last bit of hope he was holding on to, had slipped away…

***End of Flashback***

Wiping away the last of his tears, he blew a silent kiss towards the sky, before standing up and walking home.

He hated living. There was some days that he actually wished he had been sentenced to jail, that the judge hadn’t been a total dimwit and ruled it as ‘defence’. At least then he would be have avoided the self-pitied town that was Summer Bay.

Even now as he was walking home there were obvious stares and saddened smiled coming from every direction he looked. All he wanted to do was avoid it, deal with it in his own way, but no one would let him.

After another patted him on the back knowingly whilst walking by, Jack picked up his pace to be in the only place that was his own.

---------------------------------------------

Tony and Rachel’s..

“Do you want a cuppa love?”, Tony called out to his wife.

“Ahhh, yeah sure”, she smiled as she walked in to the kitchen to meet him.

“Here you are”, he returned the smile before handing her her coffee.

“Poor Jack. He’s really not coping is he?”, Rachel sighed hopelessly before making herself comfortable by lying her head on Tonys lap on the couch where he had taken a seat.

“I don’t think he ever will…”, he replied back sadly. “I just wish he could move on, you know? I mean, I’ve mentioned it to him a couple of times, tried to help him see straight. But each time he bites my head off and accuses me of trying to make him forget”

“Don’t worry. Jack knows you would never try to do that, deep inside, he knows”, she kissed his hand lovingly. “I’m just worried about his health though too, I think it’s about time we took this into our own hands. We need to stop pretending like this is going to go away. Time doesn’t always heal everything…”

Tony sat himself up further on the couch, allowing Rachel to do the same. “What do you mean?”, he sat confused.

“I mean his drinking! He has at least half a case or more of beer a day, since he found out. If we don’t help him soon, it will be too late.”, she cried, obviously getting herself worked up from the scenarios that could occur if he kept up his drinking.

“Alright”, Tony obliged. Accepting that this was the time they needed to step in. “What do you propose we do about it?”

“Well I’ve actually got something in mind…”

------------------------------------------

Jack’s place

Taking the trash out in a hurry as to hide the previous days empty bottles. He made his way back inside to start today’s. As he neared the door a hand stopped him from opening it.

Turning around he was met with a face he had come quite familiar with these last couple of weeks; Charlie.

“Oh hey”, he tried to smile as he directed her in to the house. “I’m sorry I haven’t called…”, he rubbed the back of his head shamefully.

“Nar it’s alright”, she quietfuly laughed. “You need your space sometimes, I get it”, she stopped to look around the house. Noticing it was that little bit tidier then she had previously seen it. Walking around to the shelf, her eyes fell onto a photo of both Jack and Martha that had become quite familiar to her these last 2 months. “So everything’s still going alright? I mean, living here and everything?”, she spoke up.

“Hmmm. Yeah I guess”, he shrugged, not really wanting to get into it. Of course the memories were hard to look at, and sometimes the familiar house was hard to live in. But there was no way in the world he was going to move a thing.

“It’s just home, you know?”

“Yeah I know”, she agreed. Her and Jack had become quite close over the time they had spent together, or so she liked to think. She had helped him on some pretty dark days and she knew he was glad to have someone there.

‘knock knock’

“Won’t be a sec”, Jack said before walking over towards the door and answering it. But as he did he was not greeted with someone he knew. Instead an old looking man, around 50 or something stood at his door, dressed in a white kind of coat and suit pants.

“Jack Holden?”, the man asked.

“Ahhh yes?”, he didn’t fully understand what was going on.

“Right. I’m Dr. Jason Roberts from the Yabbie Creek Rehabilitation Center. I’m here on the request of Mr and Mrs Holden”, the man stopped to turn his attention towards Rachel and Tony, who Jack had not noticed before now. “It has been requested that you come and stay at our facility for a week or two, while you get back on your feet…”

“… I’m sorry Jack.”, Rachel cried, noticing the terrified look that had now become apparent on Jack’s face.

“Why?”, he choked for words. Before feeling a warm hand on his shoulder, reminding him that Charlie was still there.

“It’s for your own good Jack. You will thank them one day..”, the Doctor then pitched in.

“Excuse me did I ask for your opinion!?”, Jack screwed his face up angrily at the man in front of him. “In fact did I ask you to be here at all?”

The Doctor sighed. “As you know this kind of treatment is not optional”, he went on.

“Na uh uh. Don’t you try and pull that sh*t on me. I’m not going anywhere”, Jack refused. Taking a step back and folding his arms.

Tony looked down sadly as he realised what was to come next. He watched as the Doctor then walked away and quickly came back with two other men.

“It’s your choice..”, he said to Jack simply.

“Do it then, but I’m not going easy”, he warned smiling.

“This is bloody ridiculous”, Jack yelled as he involuntarily walked up towards where he was going to be staying these next couple of days.

“No Jack it’s not! What’s ridiculous is the broken nose you gave that man! Not to mention the other bruises they probably have”, he looked at Jack angrily.

He stopped suddenly. Allowing the man who was walking him by his handcuffs bang straight into him, before he forced him to keep walking. “Have you seen my face!?”, Jack laughed mockingly. “Besides, it was your fault it the first place… there I was at home. Minding my own business, when a couple of d*ckheads barge into my house and take me to this psych ward!”

As they passed the receptionist of the building, the headed up towards where he was supposably staying. Entering the room, the man took the handcuffs off him. Of course, Jack pulled away immediately and shot the man a dirty look before he closed the door to Tony and himself.

“I think they want to explain some stuff to you”, Tony told him as he went to lie on his bed. Stopping at his bag to get one thing out first.

Jack just gave him a look that said, ‘I don’t give a sh*t’, before lying on the bed.

Noticing what Jack was looking at, he was about to start talking again before Jack interrupted him.

“How come Rachel didn’t come huh? Couldn’t handle what she’d done hey?”. He smartly shot out.

“When are you going to realise that this isn’t helping anyone!?”, Tony helplessly asked his son. “You have gone through something that no one should ever go through I know.. but, you can’t keep going on like this. You’re only going to make yourself more miserable…”

He watched him intently; he kept his eyes glued to the frame in his hands. He was starting to wonder if he had heard him in the first place.

“You can go now”, was all he said.

Deciding that he shouldn’t push it any further, Tony agreed. “Yeah alright… Look after yourself okay…”, he patted him on the back before exiting the room.

As soon as he had left a tear fell from Jack’s eye. “I need you here”, he sobbed. “Why aren’t you here?”

Every day he asked the same question. Things were always tough and it was times like these that he needed her. Sure a lot of people had supported him. But he had made enemies of many people who he had attacked in his state of depression.

Glancing down at the photo again, he recalled that day perfectly. It was the day she had made him the most beautiful picnic down on the beach. He ran his finger over her face, outlining her eyes that he had always found so mesmerizing, down to her smile, which spoke for itself really. Whenever she smiled around him it always made him weak at the knees, to say it simply, she took his breath away.

Finally his eyes made there way down to her swollen belly. 9 months pregnant she would be in a week. They would have both had a beautiful little baby. Sure they would have been hopeless at first. But they would have learnt. Everything would have been how it should be; Amazing.

Instead he was stuck on her foreign bed, it was cold and dark and he was as far away as he could ever want to be from his girl and their baby…

Next Chapter: What lies ahead for Jack? :(:unsure:

Hello to everyone :)

Wow. 2 chapters in a day and 3 in a week. It’s a new record :lol:

Here is the next chapter. Hope you like ^_^

Thankyou so much for your comments!!!!

Enjoy, from me…

Chapter 17

2 days had passed since he had been admitted into this place. The place that was meant for people who couldn’t deal with their own problems and this was not something he needed help with.

What he needed was space, freedom, he needed to escape his problems, not be forced to talk about them every time his mouth opened.

He made his way out towards the entrance where he was expecting Lucas to pick him up. He hadn’t seen much of him in a while, since it all happened really. Lucas had taken it pretty hardly too, after all, he had lost his sister and her baby. Those two were always so close and Jack was grateful for it, there was never going to be anyone else.

As he saw the familiar car he had been waiting for, he jumped up from the seat he was waiting in and went to jump in the car.

“Hey little brother”, he tried to put on a brave face. His brother didn’t need to see him like this.

Luc smiled back before replying. “Finally let you out of here did they?”

“At last…”, he sighed in relief. “So what have you got planned today?”, he asked him.

“Nothing”, Luc smiled whilst shaking is head. “Thought we could do something. Catch up and all?”, he suggested.

“Sounds great”, he whispered back. He was excited about spending the day with his brother, he just hoped it wouldn’t revolve talking about things he didn’t want to.

Jack’s place…

“So I heard you quit work?”, Luc asked while handing Jack a can of coke.

“What do you call this?”, he held the can up while he made a sour face. “This isn’t beer!”

“I just picked you up from Rehab Jack. How stupid do you think I am?”, he looked at his brother ridiculously before sitting down across from him.

“Whatever”, he sulked. “It’s not like I’m never going to drink again. As soon as I’m out of there-”

“Work Jack!?”

“Oh yeah. So?”, he looked at him un phased by what he was saying.

“Why would you do that for?”, Luc then asked.

“Because I can. Work’s sh*t and I hate it…”

“How are you going to be able to afford things?”, he started badgering him.

Jack got up and sighed. “Don’t worry Dad…”, he patted him on the back. “I won’t come asking for money any time soon, If that’s what you’re worried about”, he laughed.

“But-”

“Taking a shower!!”, he interrupted, calling out as he walked into the bathroom.

“Wake up”, Luc muttered more to himself then to his brother. When was he going to learn? Soon he was going to end up with more than nothing.

He knew why he was doing it. It was his way of dealing with things, and that was alright, for a certain amount of time that is…

He was just about to call his Dad and tell him what the go was until it started ringing itself.

“Hello?”, he spoke into the phone.

“Yeah okay..”, he said unsure to the whoever he was talking to. “Bye..”

“Who was that?”, Jack asked.

Lucas jumped, realising that he was right behind him. “Quick shower”, he raised his eyebrows and laughed.

“What can I say?”, he shrugged cockily. “Who was my phone?”

“Oh. Umm, don’t actually know, but they want you down at the hospital for something. Apparently they couldn’t tell me over the phone”, he answered. “Are you sick or something?”

“No”, Jack look dumfounded. “I mean. I don’t know, I haven’t even been to the doctors in ages, how would they know?”

Lucas looked at him stupidly. “I don’t know”, he laughed. “You’re in Rehab, maybe it’s got something to do with that..”

“…alright. That is the last time you mention that”, he warned. “You coming?”, he then asked him, holding the door open as he did so.

“Jack you don’t have to keep doing that”, he sighed.

“Doing what?”

“Acting fine. I know you’re not fine. So stop pretending like you are. I’m not 5, so I know how to handle it okay”, he told him firmly. He just wanted Jack to stop acting different around him. Him acting like she had never been in his life was not what he wanted, it freaked him out. “Stop acting like she was never here”

“What did you say?”

Choosing to ignore his smart comment, he continued. “You haven’t mentioned her. In fact, you never do. You just act like the smart ass you’ve become”

“What the f*ck would you know!?”, he started to raise his voice. “You haven’t been here!”

“No Jack. I think actually you’re the one who hasn’t been here”, he yelled back.

As soon as Lucas said that Jack slammed the door and made his way over to where he was. “Look. I don’t know where you get off telling me how to deal with things, but I’m only going to tell you this once. Whether I talk about Martha or not openly is my decision okay? And just because I don’t talk about her does not mean I’m not thinking about her 24/7”, he exclaimed. “So why don’t you, get off your freakin high horse and let me remember her, the way I want to”

“Okay”, was all he could reply.

“Good”, he nodded his head, happy with the response he got. “Now let’s just pretend this never happened, and go to the hospital…”, he stormed out of the house irritated by the whole conversation he had just had.

----------------------------------------

The whole drive there was silent. He guessed that Luc wouldn’t know what to say anymore. Good, he thought. He knew that people were always going to bring up Martha and that he should get used to it, but that didn’t mean he had to go out of his way to talk about her. He didn’t want the sad and awkward conversation about her. He loved remembering her, but no one knew all the fun and happy memories like he did…

*****Flashback******

“Ahhh. My one and only, beautiful husband”, she cooed as she cuddled up into him that night in bed.

“Husband?”, he smirked.

“Yeah well, I’m not calling you my boyfriend”, she laughed. “That’s just sad”

“So I’m sad am I?”, he questioned her. Watching as her eyes softly closed while he was gently stroking her hair.

“Far from”, she smiled her amazing smile. “You are unique, one of a kind. You make me laugh whenever I’m around you… and i’m so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with you”, she leant up and pressed her lips against him. “And I love you…”

“I love you too”, he watched her eyes lit up as he spoke the words she loved to hear.

****Flashback****

Those were the memories that made him want to breakdown. But right now he couldn’t, he knew he couldn’t.

So you see, memories were hard enough to go through. He wasn’t going to talk about them.

“Finally”, Luc suddenly sighed. “Come one”, he told Jack as he stood out of the car.

As they got inside and made their way to the reception desk, the were greeted with a very sorry looking nurse. “Mr Holden?”, she queried.

“Yeah?”

“Oh thank god. She’s been waiting…”, she replied, relieved that he had finally gotten here in time.

“Wha- what are you talking about?”, he laughed nervously. She? “Oh wait I know”, he paused as the realization hit him. “You’re after my dad. Is Rachel waiting for him or something? I can call h-”

“Fraid not”, the lady also stopped and frowned. “Look, if you’ll just come with me..”, she then directed him down the hall where she stopped just in front of a closed door. “Just in there”, she told him to go.

“Alright..”, he eyed her suspiciously. “Ill be back Luc…. I hope”, he gave the lady one last strange look before walking inside.

As soon as he walked in the room he wished he had never entered. His eyes fell upon something that not even his dreams could of created.

All this time…

“Jack”, she cried. Not able to get out of bed.

“I’m not doing this”, he hurried back outside the room.

“What is it!?”, Luc asked him as soon as he noticed his pale complexion.

“She’s here. She can’t be here”, he started breathing heavily. Finding a seat outside the room he sat down before his legs gave way. “I don’t know what to do..”, he cried.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“Martha…”, was all he could get out.

“No”, Lucas gasped. Quickly racing into the room Jack had just exited. “Oh my god”, he raced over to her.

“Lucas”, she cried, embracing him as tightly as she could. It was the only comfort she had had in 2 months and she was not going to let go.

“I can’t believe it’s really you”, he exclaimed. “How-”

“I have to see Jack”, she told him. “Why isn’t he here”, she cried as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Martha, he’s in shock”, he rubbed her back in assurance it was okay.

“He doesn’t want to see me”, she sobbed. “Why?”, she then whispered helplessly.

“I’ll try get him”, he replied before hugging her again and walking out to find Jack.

As soon as he walked out in the hallway, he was relieved, realizing that he had not tried to do a runner. “Jack..”, he knelt in front of him where he was seated.

“I can’t do this Luc”, he finally looked at him. “How do I go in there and face her!?”

“Are you kidding?”, he answered back, surprised at his brothers attitude. “2 months she has been gone! You have been a wreck. Abusing others, drinking yourself under the table-”

“That is not true!”, he cut him off. “I have been searching and searching for her. Do not act like I gave up, do not…”

“Then what are you doing?”, he questioned him. “The woman you have been missing, the woman that you thought you had lost forever, is sitting in that room. And you are out here? Can’t you see how much sence that makes!?”

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to do”, his voice broke under the pressure. “I’m not strong enough for this…”

“Of course you are!”, Lucas said, having had enough he pulled his brother up and pushed him in the direction of the door.

“She needs you”, he told him. “Don’t let her down okay”

Meanwhile, Martha had overheard the whole conversation. What had she done to him? “It’s going to be alright bubba”, she spoke to her unborn child.

----------------------------------

5 minutes had passed and Jack finally shuffled his way into the room. Closing the door behind him, he leant back into it. “I can’t believe it’s really you”, he whispered, still not making eye contact with her.

“Jack please look at me”, she pleaded, still crying from everything that was happening.

Jack shook his head sorrowfully before slowly raising his eyes to look at her. She looked the same, except more tired and her face was covered with tears.

He didn’t know how this had happened. There was a video? Or so he thought… he had never actually worked up the courage to watch it. How had they got it so wrong?

But Jack couldn’t think about that right now. Once his eyes had met hers he couldn’t take them away. All these memories came flooding back at once and all he wanted to do was hold on to her… but he didn’t know.

“Hug me..”, she smiled through her tears. “Please?”

Immediately he leant down and scooped her up into his arms. Closing his eyes he captured this moment. He wanted it to last forever. It was really her…

“I missed you so much”, he finally spoke to her.

“I love you”, she grabbed onto him as tightly as she could.

“I love you too. Don’t ever leave me again okay?”, he laughed. Still not letting go of her he moved one of his hands over her stomach. “Either of you”, he pulled away slightly, lowering his lips to hers he captured her lips in a long awaited kiss.

Butterflies were going through her stomach as his lips touched hers. But at the same time her heart sank. She felt so guilty. She wished things could stay like this, but she knew, she knew as soon as she told him things would change….

----------------------------------------

Next Chapter: As if I would kill Martha? :) But what is she hiding? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Amazingly well written, emotional and great.

Thankyou :blush:

Heyo everyone!

One more night till Home and Away returns. I’m so excited :lol:

Here is the next chapter. Sorry it’s short ^_^

Thankyou for your comments :)

Enjoy!!

Chapter 18

“I never thought I’d see you again”, he admitted kissing her temple softly, while keeping his hand protectively on her belly. “What the hell has happened to you these last 2 months!?”, he asked as gently as he could while turning to look into her eyes.

“Martha?”, the nurse quietly interrupted them, much to her relief. “It’s time we get started…”

“Get started on what?”, Jack laughed slightly.

“Oh”, Martha paused, realising she hadn’t even told him yet. “I’m having the baby”, she laughed slightly before a couple of nurses swarmed around her to get prepared.

Jack just stood back in awe, unable to comprehend what was happening, he just watched as the nurses swarmed around her. Everything that he had wanted, everything that he had thought he had lost, was happening right now, and he was too overwhelmed to take it all in.

“Don’t be freaked out Jack”, she pleaded with him. “I know this is all happening really quickly for you, but it is for me too”

Jack sighed as he took a step forward. Realizing what he had to do he stepped forwards, taking a hold of her hand.

“I just need you with me right now…”, she smiled up at him squeezing his hand. The type of small smile that made Jack’s heart melt.

“I’ll be here every step of the way”, he leant down giving her a lingering kiss.

Getting the nod from the Doctor, telling them that she was ready to go. Martha took in a deep breath. “Let’s do this..”, she said nervously.

-------------------------------------

“I can’t do this”, she started sobbing.

Jack took a hold of her other hand tightly in reassurance. “I know this must be tough”, he started. “But just think about what we’ll have when it’s all over”

“I know”, she smiled through her tears. “And I can’t wait for that part but…”, she then paused, scared of what she was actually going to say. But she had to tell him, she didn’t want to have this baby with a lie hanging over her head, she wanted to enjoy it as much as she could.

“It’s okay, you can tell me..”, Jack pushed her.

“I need to… tell you something first”, she huffed, stopping mid sentence due to the pain she was receiving.

Realising how much pain she was in Jack decided to stop her. “Hey, whatever it is, it can wait”, he soothed her. “This is all happening so fast for the both of us”

“No but Jack you should know, you-”

“It’s okay babe, we’ll have heaps of time to talk about it later just-”

“Ahhhhhhhh”, Martha screamed, clutching onto her stomach as the pain became unbearable.

“Alright”, the doctor looked up at her. “Just a couple more pushes. You can do it”

Although reluctant. Martha fought through all of her pain as she pushed for the final times.

“Oh my god. Is this kid out yet?”, she groaned, causing Jack to let out a little laugh.

“She sure is”, the doctor smiled as she gently brought a little baby into both Jack and Martha’s line of view.

“She?”, Jack nearly choked on his own words. “You mean, it’s a girl?”, he almost whispered as the nurse then handed Martha her baby.

“Oh my god Jack! She is beautiful”, she cooed at the little bundle she had wrapped in her arms.

Not taking his eyes of his daughter for a second, Jack slowly sat down next to Martha, taking in every little feature that his kid had. He noticed that she had darker hair like Martha’s and little blue eyes, even though you could hardly see them yet. She had very fine, brown hair, but a fair bit of it, all puffed up in the middle, like a little mo hawk. Her little button nose would twitch as she gently breathed in and out, he could just sit here and watch her all day.

“She is the most perfect thing I have ever seen in my entire life. And she has cute little lips”, Martha giggled

“She is absolutely perfect. Just like her mum”, Jack smiled as he turned to look at her.

Pushing all the fear and guilt out of her mind, Martha leant in and gave Jack a soft kiss before turning her attention back to her new little joy. “We still have to name her”

“I know”, Jack said slightly overwhelmed. “Any thoughts?”

“Well.. we always liked Erin? She looks like an Erin doesn’t she..”, she smiled.

“She does”, he nodded, grinning from ear to ear as he felt her gently squeeze onto his finger.

“Look. She already loves you”, Martha giggled, nudging his face to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“Of course she does, who wouldn’t”, he laughed back. “I can’t stop looking at her, she’s amazing!”

“I know, me neither”, she sighed happily before resting her head on Jack’s shoulder. “Erin Katie Holden”, she then said as she noticed Jack’s lips curl up into a smile.

-----------------------------------

Jack couldn’t believe this day.

Hiss mind was in overdrive as he raced home for both Martha and Erin’s things.

He couldn’t believe that he had a daughter… and his wife back.

Things had turned from bad to good in the matter of a couple of hours.

He had already rang everyone he needed to and told them what was happening, as soon as he told them though, each response was either ‘Are you sh*tting me?’, or just pure silence from shock. Either way, everyone that he wanted was probably at the hospital right now.

He couldn’t believe this day.

“There’s the new Dad”, Rachel laughed as she pulled him into a tight hug.

Jack breathed out slowly as Tony made his way over to him. “How good’s this mate!?”, he grinned.

“She’s so tiny”, he heard someone call out as he turned his attention towards them, and it was then that he realised that Lucas was sitting over by Martha and Erin.

“She is”, was all he said back as he returned to his previous spot on the bed, admiring his beautiful little girl.

“So”, Rachel then broke the silence. “We still haven’t heard the story?”

“What story?”

“How you got here? Where you’ve been? Everything!”, she laughed.

“Oh”, Martha then looked down. “I actually haven’t even talked about it with Jack yet. It’s been pretty full on and-”

“Of course”, Rachel cut in. “Anyway we should leave you guys to it. We’ll come back tomorrow”, she eyed both Tony and Lucas to let them know they needed space.

Tony soon caught on, “Yeah best be off. Congrats again guys. She’s beautiful”

“Oh almost forgot. I’m working tonight so I’ll see you three later”, they heard Rachel call as they headed out the door.

Passing Erin to her Father, Martha wrapped her arms around him, not wanting this moment to end.

“I think this is the best day of my life”, he gushed . Softly giving both Martha and Erin a kiss.

Martha just looked up into his eyes. She loved him so much. Leaning her head against his she could feel his lips slightly on hers. She sighed as he gave her little kisses, teasing her a little and not taking the smile off his face. It seemed kind of stupid that she didn’t expect what was coming next.

“Marry me”, he whispered.

“What?”, Martha pulled back suddenly, almost waking her daughter.

“I want you, to marry me”, he then smiled, stroking her cheek.

He watched as a tear rolled softly down her cheek. She did not look happy.

“I didn’t think I was that bad of a husband”, Jack then laughed nervously, wiping away her tears.

“It’s not that”, she quickly replied. “I-”

“Then marry m-”

“No one was keeping me hostage”, she quickly blurted out. Covering her face with her hands as soon as she did.

“What?”, Jack leaned back, not quite understanding what she was saying.

“Cam told me that if I ran away and never went back home. Then he wouldn’t hurt me or Erin or you. It was the only way he would let me go”

“Hold up a second!”, he stood up from where he was previously seated on her bed to absorb what she had just told him. “So you have been out there, fine, while I as worried sick about you. You had a choice?”, he spat.

“Well no I-”

“Had a choice. Overall, you had a choice. You had a chance to come back home and you didn’t!”, he had now raised his voice quite loudly.

Martha’s body starting shaking. She knew this was going to happen. But it wasn’t like that. She did what she thought she had to do.

“You aren’t listening to me Jack I-”

“I don’t want to hear anything you have to say”, he warned her, pointing his finger directly into her face, while still holding onto Erin protectively. “I thought you were both gone. I searched and searched while you were off hiding somewhere. Not being held against your own will. You were fine! Do you not care at all?”, his voice had now dropped to a broken whisper.

“Of course I do”, she cried, bringing her knees up to her chin. “I never meant to hurt you”

“You didn’t even try”, his voice also broke into a whisper.

“What was I supposed to do, I was scared”

“You could have called!? All I would have needed was one phone call”, he looked at her miserably before turning away .

This morning life was good. Why did it all have to change?

But even with a denial to marriage and a secret he would have much preferred not hearing…

… He still couldn’t believe this day.

-----------------------------------------

Next Chapter: Will Jack forgive Martha? :unsure:

Just to let everyone know, I chose the name Erin, because that’s what my cousins name was, who has passed away.. R.I.P, love youu x

I really love how this is written. :)

Thankyou, I’m so glad you think so!

Hey everyone :)

Watch tonight’s episode? Kinda wished I didn’t. Jack :( I cried so much, poor poor Martha. Imagine what she'd have to go through :(

Well here’s another Chapter for yous anyways, I had already written it and I'm getting my laptop fixed tomorrow so I'm scared they'll wipe my hard drive so I'm posting it incase.. I dont think I could write anything now!!

Enjoy though...

Chapter 19

3 days had passed since her beautiful daughter had been delivered into this world and for that, Martha couldn’t be happier.

Part of her at least…

The other part of her was torn. Ripped into shreds for everyone to take.

But she refused to think about that. She knew why he would be angry, she knew he had every right to be. But she chose to ignore it, she wasn’t letting this getting in the way of enjoying the time she spends with Erin.

She was her priority now…

She had learned how to breastfeed and bath her, and a lot of other things that came along with being a mother.

She never realised how amazing and comforting having a child would feel. It was so overwhelming but so special at the same time, sometimes she would just have to stop and take a second to register everything that was happening…

…It was surreal.

“Martha?”, she felt Rachel gently tap her on the shoulder, awakening her from her thoughts.

Looking up, she responded with the familiar nod that she did to avoid having to answer anyone.

“Have you got all your stuff ready?”, she enquired before Martha held up the bag she had been holding by her feet.

“Okay great well, I just need to you sign a couple of forms before you can leave. Jack’s already taken Erin to the ca-”

“Of course he has”, Martha snapped, causing Rachel’s expression to soften.

“I know things have been hard, but are you okay?”, she asked.

“I’m great”, she smiled sarcastically. “That guy. He’s just a pain in my ass”, she grumbled before following Rachel out of the room.

“We are home my baby girl”, Martha whispered down to the little bundle she had wrapped up in her arms.

Closing the door, he stopped to look at the scene in front of him.

There she was, with a small but sweet smile on her face. Her wavy hair tucked behind one ear as she leant down to talk to Erin.

She was gliding around the room, obviously pointing out to her daughter where everything was.

The fact that she was so happy and excited put a smile on his face.

He had imagined this moment in his head many times.

They would walk through the door, arm in arm, welcoming their little girl to her new home.

She would try to make a joke, he would pretend to laugh and they would spend the whole day just basking in their daughter’s presence.

Instead turned away from them both before he made his way to Erin’s room, hoping to fix everything up before Martha had to put her down…

20 minutes later

Martha walked out of the shower feeling refreshed. It had been so long since she had had a nice hot shower.

Walking into Erin’s room she noticed Jack was in his uniform. “You’re working?”, she asked shocked.

“Well. Haven’t worked for 2 months. We need money”, he responded bluntly.

“Jack you don’t have to-”

“Yes I do”, he then turned to look at her.

“If that’s what you want then”, she shook her head in disbelief.

Jack leant down and gave Erin a kiss before turning to walk out.

Martha stopped him as soon as he got to the door. “Look, for what it’s worth… I’m glad you got your job back”, she smiled slightly.

“Yeah”, was all he responded before turning and walking out the door, leaving her with not even a goodbye.

As she wiped away the tear that had now fallen on her cheek, she heard the now familiar cry from Erin. Walking in, she leant down to carefully pick her up. “Shh bub”, she soothed her, rubbing her back softly.

Placing her on the change table, her intention was to put her in her pyjamas, but decided against it. “You know what?”, she spoke down to her. “Mummy and Erin are going to go for a walk”, she smiled before leaning down to kiss her cheek affectionately.

She wandered down the street, Erin’s head tucked in between her shoulder and neck. She could feel the tiny amounts of air being blown onto her neck, but she didn’t mind, she found it comforting, she loved having Erin this close. Watching as her little nose would twitch as she slept and her mouth would hang open just the slightest.

They needed a pram though, that was the one thing they hadn’t managed to get before the incident. Jack probably wouldn’t have been that thrilled that she was walking by herself, baby in arms, but she had texted him and tried to call him. He hadn’t even bothered to reply.

She didn’t even want to think about what he had gone through, thinking they were gone. She had spent all her time feeling guilty while she was away. No words could explain how sorry she was to him.

As she walked into the diner she was instantly met with an over excited Colleen.

“Oh love”, she almost yelled. “I thought you were gone”

“I know Colleen, you’ve told me at the hospital”, she laughed at her quirkiness.

“She’s beautiful”, she then changed her voice in a whisper, examining the Erin as closely as she could.

“Do you want to hold her?”, Martha asked with a grin on her face, knowing she would never be left along unless she did. “I’m just going to grab a drink, do you want one?”

“Ah coffee thanks love”, she mumbled back, too pre-occupied with the baby she now held in her arms.

“Irene”, she sighed as she reached the counter, obviously exhausted from the walk.

“Martha Darl”, she smiled. Making her way around the corner to embrace her friend. “You won’t believe how glad everyone is you’re back”, she said as she pulled away. “So where is the little one?”

After pointing out where she was, receiving numerous amounts of hugs and collecting both drinks, Martha made her way to the table where colleen was sitting, surrounded by many people.

“People have already pointed out that she has taken a real liking to me”, she heard colleen tell people. “They say I’m her favourite Aunty”, she gloated.

Martha laughed as she rolled her eyes, knowing no such thing had ever been said, but decided to nod her head in reassurance for Colleen’s sake.

Her attention was turned to the door as she heard people laughing quite loudly. That was the moment she wished she was home.

“Martha what are you doing here?”, he asked her with Charlie right behind him, obviously annoyed she had left the house without him.

Fed up with his attitude she decided to play it dumb. “Having a drink what does it look like?”

“Can I talk to you outside?”, he then asked her, a heavy tone stinging his voice.

Martha shook her head in frustration as she stood up, stopping to give Erin a kiss first before Jack rubbed her head slightly and headed outside with her.

“What’s your problem Jack?”, she yelled once they were out of ear shot from everyone.

“What’s my problem? You took our 3 day old child for a walk with no pram!”

“And that’s a problem because…”

“It’s not safe”, he said in an obvious tone.

Rubbing her temples slowly, she leant against the wall, letting herself slide down it. “When are you going to stop”, she almost cried. Getting no answer from Jack. “I know I hurt you”, she continued. “You do not understand how bad I feel and how unbelievably sorry I am”, her voice broke as she turned to look up into his eyes.

“I know”, he said to her surprise. “I just can’t act like everything is alright though. It hurt you know…”, he knotted his brow up in shame.

Standing up to his height she reached out to touch him but her pulled away abruptly. “Don’t”, she muttered under his breath before turning to walk inside.

Finally deciding to join everyone inside, she walked in to find Erin in the arms of Charlie. She didn’t know why, but she felt jealous. Hearing stories about how close they had become from Colleen didn’t really help either.

“Can you take us home Jack?”, she asked quietly, wanting to get Erin away from her.

Jack just nodded before saying goodbye to everyone and taking Erin to the car.

---------------------------------

“I don’t like her”, Martha blabbed into the phone to Belle.

“Yeah I wouldn’t either”, she laughed. Causing Martha to become curious.

“Why?”

“She’s always talking about how disrespectful or whatever you were to Jack. Every time I see her. Gee, I mean that woman doesn’t even know you and she’s already bad mouthing you every chance she gets”, she scoffed.

“That B*tch”, she blurted out. “And to think she touched my kid”, she then said, causing Belle to laugh.

“Well I better be going, but don’t let her near Erin again”, she kept laughing.

“Okay bye”, she said as she hang up the phone. She couldn’t believe the nerve of Charlie, she barely even knew the woman.

Standing up from where she was sitting on her bed she now realised that Jack was home. ‘Crap’, she thought. ‘Hope he didn’t hear anything’

“Jack we ne… What is she doing here?”, she asked as soon as she saw her.

“Excuse me”, he retorted. Embarrassed at the way Martha was acting.

“Her”, she spat. “She’s been sticking her nose in where it doesn’t belong”

“I have not”, Charlie decided to defend herself.

“You have no business in our lives. So leave!”, she ordered her while walking over towards the door and swinging it open. “Off you go..”, she smiled smartly.

Charlie slowly raised her eyebrows at the girl in front of her and even Jack could tell that she was judging her. “Make me”, she laughed, thinking Jack wanted her there.

“I don’t make trash, I burn it”, Martha shot back before walking back over towards her. “So get out of my house”

“I’m sorry was that a threat?”, she answered seriously.

Martha rolled her eyes. This would have to be the most uptight woman she had ever come across. “Wow Jack”, she laughed. “You scored good”, she then walked off to their room.

Jack opened his mouth to reply. Some sort of defence to save himself, but he couldn’t think of anything. She was right.

-------------------------------------------

“She gone?”, she said simply, not bothering to look at him. “Jack”, she then realised he had walked back out of the room. “Give me a break. I do have to feed her”

“Yeah but when you know we’re going to be in the same bed?”, he called out.

“Yep. You see, I’m doing it just to **** you off”, she said seriously before yelling at him. “Don’t be stupid she woke up. Anyone would think you’d never seen it”

She watched, highly amused, as he walked back in the room, jumping into the bed as quickly as he could but making sure he was facing the opposite way to her.

“I’m surprised your even sleeping in the same bed as me”

“Yeah well. I know you would never take the couch”, he mumbled.

“I just gave birth Jack, I deserve the comfort”, she pointed out. “Jack?”

“mmmm”

“Things are going to get better aren’t they?”, she now whispered.

“I hope so”, was all he replied before sitting up and leaning over to kiss Erin goodnight, trying to ignore the fact that Martha was breast feeding her.

Martha however just stared at him as he made himself comfortable again. “Gee Jack. Little inappropriate don’t you think?”, she laughed.

--------------------------------------

Next Chapter: Will things start to look up for them? :mellow:

Archived