A Secret Affair?

Guest KaiyaBlake

Story Title: A Secret Affair?

Type of story: Long fic

Main Characters: Jack, Martha. Lucas, Roman, Sam etc...

BTTB rating: G/T

Genre: Romance, Happy

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: I don't think there will be any sexual content, i will warn if there is. Language.

Summary: The title kinda says it all ahah.

Hey Guys, I'm Kaiya *Waves* ahaha.

I can't believe there has been a home and away forum and i never knew about it :huh: !!

Anyway i hope you all like this fic, tell me how i'm doing... good/bad i'm new to this as you can see.

thanksss xx

p.s. I'm not good with dates so i don't know how long it has been since they broke up and she's with Roman lol so hopefully i don't confuse you all :P

---------

She woke up. Eyes heavy, head pounding… She was dreading this day.

It had been one year, one whole year since she had made a vow to love him and cherish him and to be with him forever, and it had been 8 months since she had broken that vow.

Martha knew this day shouldn’t mean anything, after all she was with Roman now and she was happy… well that’s what she kept telling herself anyway.

But this day did mean something, it meant everything.

She missed him. She missed the way he smelt and the way he smiled at her. She missed laughing and mucking around with him and she missed his over-the-top bear hugs. But most importantly she just missed him… as much as she didn’t want to admit it; she was so miserable without him.

Martha looked at the figure lying beside her, it was Roman. She felt bad... he would probably want to hang out with her today but she knew she wasn’t up for it, not today.

She quickly got all her stuff and hurried home without waking him. She didn’t want the confrontation about why she was leaving so early.

She decided she was going to have a shower and just sulk all day.

There was only one person that could cheer her up on her supposed ‘Wedding Anniversary’ but he wasn’t here, he was with Sam…

----------

“Jack! Jack wake up, what are you doing?” Sam yelled into his ear.

He wasn’t in the mood for this. Nope Jack Holden was not getting out of bed.

He knew she had no idea… why would she? And it wasn’t like he was going to slip it into conversation…

‘Oh hey Sam, just letting you know tomorrow’s my Wedding Anniversary with Martha so I’m just going to stay in bed all day and think about her’ yeah that would go down well he thought.

He just missed her so much. Sure he cared about Sam… but, all he has ever wanted was to be happy with Martha and it hurt to know that she didn’t feel the same. She probably woke up this morning with Roman and didn’t even give a second thought to what day it was.

But before Jack could even think about that possibility he was interrupted again.

“I swear to god Jack if you don’t get out of bed soon I’ll-”

“Sam I just really need a day at home to myself today. Could you please just let it go”, Jack moaned cutting her off… he was getting frustrated. As mean as it sounded he just wanted her to leave.

“You know what Jack!? Fine! Be by yourself, see if I care. I’m going”, she screeched. And with that she left, left Jack to mope around on this day, a day that should’ve been so happy and exciting. A day with the love of his life, his best friend… Martha.

----------

Martha had decided to go up to the cliffs. The one place where she could reminisce on all the good times she had shared with Jack.

Looking back she couldn’t believe how stupid and immature she had been. She knew Jack loved her and she knew he had tried, he had tried so hard to juggle her and work and she had walked out on him.

She thought she didn’t love him, but she did... she loved him so much and she couldn’t believe how stupid she had been in thinking that let alone leaving him.

----------

Jack walked down to the beach, he needed time to think.

He looked up to the cliff and smiled as he thought about their first kiss, it was amazing. It was the start of something new and exciting.

He laughed sadly at himself, if only we’d known then.

As he walked closer to the cliff he saw a figure on it, it was then he realized it was Martha. What was she doing there? He wondered. Maybe she remembered?

Jack laughed and shook his head at how stupid he was being. She wouldn’t have, would she?

Well either way… he was going to find out.

------------

He looked at her from behind, just sitting there peacefully. Her hair blowing gracefully in the wind, God she was beautiful he thought.

As he slowly approached her he stopped and sat himself next to her, waiting for her to talk.

She felt someone next to her and quickly turned her head, it was him.

“Jack?” she asked shocked. “Wha- What are you doing here?” Why was he here, she thought. She knew he would know what day it was. But that’s what shocked her even more… Surely he would be avoiding her today, not talking to her.

“I- I don’t know” he said quite simply.

She looked into his beautiful brown eyes, they looked so sad. She knew he was hurting, she had meant everything to him and today was supposed to be a special day and she had ruined it. She was hurting too; she knew she had made a mistake letting him go.

Sitting with him now she just wanted to snuggle into his chest and have him hold her like he used too. But she knew that would only make things harder.

“I know you thought I wouldn’t have remembered, or that I didn’t care. It’s our Anniversary Jack and I-” she tried to talk without crying. She had held it in for so long that she knew she was going to cry, but she didn’t want to… not now.

I miss you”, She finished.

A tear rolled down her cheek as she started to sob.

Jack watched as she broke into a million pieces, he didn't know how much this had affected her. Martha was normally so strong and together, seeing her like this was breaking Jack’s heart.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and allowed for her to rest her head on his. She instantly collapsed into his arms as she wrapped hers around his waist; she has missed this so much.

It’s not that I thought you didn’t care”, he whispered into her hair.

“I just… I thought you had moved on. I’m so sorry. I’ve been so horrible to you over these last months. I didn’t even stop to think about how you were feeling”

I miss you too”, he finally said.

All she did was squeeze him tighter, because after today, she knew she would never get to hold him like this again.

---------

Hope you guys liked the beginning. I'm kinda nervous to find out ahha. Hopefully i will be good with updating, well if yous want me too :lol:

Please comment!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helllooooo, again :lol:

Glad to meet everyone!!. And lily *Shakes Hand* ahaha.

This chapter is abit stretched out and not that long.. sorry!! :unsure:

Hope you all like it still =D

Chapter

Jack and Martha had been in the same position for what seemed like hours. They both sat there soundly, Martha listening to Jack’s steady heart beat.

She had calmed down a lot since before. It felt so good to be in his arms again, even if it was only as a friend.

She had missed him so much over these last couple of months

“We would have been married! For a whole year!” she stated, almost shocked that she had even just said that aloud.

“Yeah I know” he sighed. “It’s actually kind of sad we didn’t make it that far” he laughed at how pathetic they’d been.

All Martha could do was laugh along with him. Each of them had forgiven each other for what had happened in the past and she was glad. Even though she hadn’t quite forgiven herself, they had moved past that and neither of them held anything against the other.

Jack sighed, still not taking his eyes of Martha. “I missed that. Your smile. Your laugh. I didn’t realize how much” he laughed.

“Yeah well I wish I could say the same Jack Holden. But your smile never really was that flash” she replied smartly. With a look on her face saying she knew it all.

“Ohhohh… is that right is it?” He questioned as he sat back waiting for an answer.

“Nooo of course not” She then laughed. “How could I not love your little half smile… It’s very cute” she grinned.

“Ahhh so the truth comes out. You still think I’m cute!?” He smugly asked with an amused look on his face.

“Alright, calm down. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here” she rolled her eyes back at him.

She was glad they were talking now, this had taken her mind off things she really didn’t want to think about and it was just like how they used to be. Best friends. Always mucking around and just being themselves.

“Hey wait a second” Jack paused to think. “You are sitting on a cliff, last time you were on a cliff was because I made you and well… you know the rest” He smirked.

She looked at him in disgust. “I’m not even that close to the edge and please Jack, enough with the memories” She sarcastically replied, holding in her smile that was forming at the corner of her mouth.

“Yeah well your prettttty clossee… NOW” He screamed in her ear pushing her towards the edge as he did so.

“What are you- JACK!” She yelled back, jumping onto his lap and holding onto him for all she was worth.

Jack couldn’t stop the roar of laughter coming from his mouth as she jumped back on top of him.

‘Priceless Martha’ He thought.

Martha just stared at him through her glaring eyes. “Why are you so mean” She sulked, pouting her bottom lip in the hope that Jack would feel sorry for her.

“I’m... I’m” Jack tried to explain himself through his laughter.

She went to get up but was stopped by Jack pulling her back down on top of him.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry” Jack apologized. Finally deciding to be serious.

“Oh yeah?” She scoffed. “How sorry?”

He smiled as he moved his face closer to hers to stare into her serious eyes. “Very” he replied simply… just gazing at this girl in front of him. The girl that was once his. He had treated her so badly when they were married, and was so thankful that Martha had moved past that because despite the numerous times they had fought, they had still remained pretty good friends.

He smiled as he felt himself getting caught up in the moment. Slowly leaning forward he rested his forehead against hers, allowing their noses to lightly touch.

“I’m sorry for never putting you first” he whispered.

Her heart was racing. He was getting so close and she didn’t know how to react.

‘What was he doing? Why was he saying this to her?’ she wondered. All she did was nod and look back into his eyes. It wasn’t his fault things had turned out like this. She couldn’t believe that all this time, he had blamed himself for what had happened.

Feeling his warm breath on her skin she felt a shiver run through her body , she couldn't help but get lost in the moment and slowly started to inch her way towards his face.

She closed her eyes until she felt his lips brush against hers…

“Ohh god, what am I doing?” Snapping back into reality she quickly pulled away.

“Huh...” Jack broke out of his gaze and suddenly turned his attention to what was happening.

Martha quickly broke apart from Jack’s warm embrace and stood up to compose herself.

“How could I have been so stupid!?” she muttered to herself. She had let herself get caught up in the moment. Nothing could happen between her and Jack. Sure, she was missing him like crazy, but she had worked so hard in moving forward and she couldn’t let herself fall back.

“What?” asked Jack, not knowing what else to say.

Shaking her head, she turned to look at him. “I’m sorry Jack. It’s just... Don’t you see what we’re doing here?” She asked. Standing there helplessly with a desperate look on her face. You could tell she was getting slightly frustrated.

Jack looked down at the ground. He had no words. What were they doing? He had gotten so caught up in the moment that even he didn’t realize.

“Is that it? Nothing. You have nothing to say to me… at all!?” Martha asked, shocked that Jack was being so ignorant all of a sudden.

You Jack, are married. I am with Roman. We broke up… a while ago if you don’t remember. I have tried so hard to move on!” she cried, emphasizing on each word in a hope he would understand.

Feeling herself getting angry she decided she should walk away. If Jack was going to pretend like this was nothing then so would she.

“You know what just… just forget it Jack. I don’t need this, it just messes with my head. You shouldn’t come up her and sat with me, and I… well I shouldn’t have been so stupid as to let myself get caught up in this” Martha huffed, pacing as she was talking.

Jack smiled at her. She always paced when she got embarrassed or nervous, he had always thought it was cute when she’d do it.

Martha looked at Jack. She sighed. Why couldn’t he ever make it easy for her?

Feeling completely dejected and worn out, she looked to the ground.

“I umm… I should go” Martha spoke in a little voice, hoping that Jack would stop her.

Shaking her head, she looked up at him one last time before leaving.

--------------

As soon as Martha got into her apartment she slammed the door and leant her head against it. Sliding to the ground she fell into a bundle as all her tears started to pour out.

What was she going to do now?

---------------

Commmmmenntttt??

I changed this chapter like 5 million times so sorry it’s not that good hahaha. More will happen next chapter I promise!! :D

Aww thankyou so much to everyone who has read and commented!! It means alot ahahha.

This Chapter might have some mistakes in it, i apologize if it does!!!

Chapter 3

Walking along the beach, Martha had decided to go for a walk. She needed a change of scenery rather then the inside of her apartment. She hadn’t seen Jack since that day, he had called her a few times and even came round to her apartment but she would never answer him, she wasn’t ready to talk to him yet.

Roman had come over a couple of times, but each time, she would just be distant and short with him until he finally decided to stop and told her to call him when she decided to actually be sociable.

“Pffft” she thought, she wasn’t going to call him.

“Martha” A voice was heard in the distance calling after her.

She turned around to find Lucas running up to her.

“Lucas!” she smiled. “Fancy seeing you here!” she put her arm around his shoulder, grinning as she did so.

Lucas couldn’t help but laugh at how happy Martha always seemed to be. He had always spent a lot of time with Martha when her and Jack were together. Even though they weren’t together now, Lucas had still always thought of her as a sister.

“Ahhh more like fancy seeing you here” he chuckled. “It’s good to see you finally out of your apartment. You’ve been like Jack these past couple of days. Is there something going on with you two?” he questioned her.

Martha rolled her eyes at the mention of Jack’s name, she really didn’t want to be thinking about him 24/7 but she couldn’t seem to stop.

“Martha, what is it?” Lucas cringed. Knowing them two they had probably had some huge argument again. They always seemed to do it, just when one of them seemed to be moving on really well, the other one would do something or say something to hurt the other and mess with their head.

“Oh it’s nothing important” she tried to laugh it off, sensing that he knew what had happened.

Lucas shook his head. “I don’t think so Martha, you are not fooling me that easily” he scoffed. “Now tell me what happened! It was Jack wasn’t it. He always does stupid things, what was it this time? I swear-” he started raising his voice.

“Luc, Luc, Luc” Martha interrupted. “Calm down I’ll tell you what happened. But only if you promise not to tell Jack?”

Luc smiled and nodded. “Pinky promise!” he held out his pinky to make a promise.

Martha giggled and linked her finger with his. “Pinky Promise” she repeated.

“Okay” she sighed. “Firstly it wasn’t Jack…”

Martha told Lucas everything that had happened between her and Jack. She had even told him about their almost kiss. It felt good to get everything off her chest for once…

----------------

“I’m home” Lucas called once he was inside. “Jack! What are you doing here?” he asked confused.

“Yeah we’re having lunch remember? Which by the way, you are an hour late to! Where were you?” he questioned, annoyed that Luc hadn’t even made an effort to be on time.

“Well…!?” he spat

“I umm…” Lucas paused, looking at his dad, Sam and Rory as he tried to come up with a believable excuse. He sighed when none came to mind. “I ran into Martha down on the beach and was chatting to her for a while. Must’ve lost track of time” he shrugged it off, hoping Jack would let it go.

“Really!?” Jack exclaimed a little too quickly. “Ahhh… I mean, how is she? I haven’t seen her in a while”

Lucas just gave his brother a dirty look and headed for his room. “Not really hungry for lunch, thanks anyways” he called out to the others.

Jack just stood there dumfounded, surely Martha hadn’t said anything?

--------------------

Later that evening....

Martha was asleep on the couch, when she was suddenly woken by a loud banging on her door.

“Ehh” groaned a half-asleep Martha. “Roman I already told you I’m not up to doing anything!” she yelled as she went to open the door. “I don’t care if you think I’m unsociable or whatever, I’ll do what I… Jack? What do you think you’re doing here?” she asked, clearly shocked that she had made such a fool out of herself by thinking it was Roman.

Jack looked her up and down. She looked as though she had just woken up. Her hair was ruffled and her eyes were droopy. Jack’s attention suddenly turned to the top she was wearing; he’d know that top anywhere. It was his old pyjama top that he always used to wear, well that is when Martha didn’t steal it off him like she always would.

“Your wearing my top?” he laughed as he leant against the door frame, Cleary amused at the situation.

“Yeah what’s your point Jack?’ she shot back. “Why are you here?”

“Look Martha, I didn’t come over here to start another fight” he admitted. “I came over here to tell you I’m sorry… for the other week. I should’ve followed you to see if you were okay. I was so rude to you and I just wanted to make sure you were alright” making his way into her apartment he went over and sat on her couch. Sighing, he looked up at her.

“Are you going to sit?” he raised his eyebrows at her.

Folding her arms, she sat down in a huff.

“God your stubborn aren’t you?” Jack joked. “I mean I’ve come here to make things right… the least you could do is try” he laughed at her. But before he could say anymore, a cushion whacked him straight in the face.

“That!” Martha said seriously. “Is for calling me stubborn, I am not under any circumstances stubborn I am-“

“Oh right” Jack scoffed before another pillow was aimed at his head. “What was that one for!?” he whined.

“That one was for laughing about it!” she yelled back, laughing as she observed how much of a girl he could be.

“Alright, alright… I surrender” he held both hands up in defeat. “Look Martha about the other day-”

At soon as the conversation turned serious she whacked her hand over his mouth, stopping him from saying anymore.

“Shhh” she smiled. “I just want to forget about that… please?” she looked at him hopefully. “I really need my best friend right now Jack, could you be him for a while?”

A smile formed on Jack’s lips as he admired her innocence. “Fine” he sighed.

“Anyway, what’s wrong? Why isn’t Roman here with you?” he scrunched up his nose, confused at the situation.

“I told him I wasn’t up to doing anything, soo he hasn’t been around in a while” she spoke in a little voice as she sunk further into the couch. “I’ve just been so down lately. Ever since our anniversary, and that day I afternoon I spent with you. I haven’t been able to think of much else you know?” she admitted meekly.

Jack looked into her eyes as he grabbed her hand and squeezed it. “Well I’m here now” he spoke softly. “And to tell you the truth, I haven’t been able to think of much either” he smirked. “But hey I thought you didn’t want to talk about it?” he said playfully as he nudged her side.

Choosing to ignore his last comment she continued on talking.

“Part of the reason why I was so confused when we were talking was because it just felt so normal, like we had never been apart!” she sighed, tears glistening in her eyes. “…and for a moment there I just wanted to forget about everyone else and be with you” now sobbing she let go of his hand and brought it up to her face to wipe away the tears. She looked over at Jack who had a sad look on his face and quickly stood up.

“I know what you’re thinking” she cried. “I’m a horrible person, I’m with Roman and here I am talking about you and me. But Jack, I can’t help it! I miss you… I miss the way you always cuddle me, even when I’m angry” she laughed through her tears as Jack stood up and placed both hands on her shoulders to hold her up. “I miss how stupid we used to be when ever we were together… I miss your smile and your laugh…” Martha continued as she rambled on about everything she loved about him.

“Martha, Martha” he slightly shook her shoulders to stop her talking. Smiling he wiped away all the tears that were trailing down Martha’s now pale cheek.

Stopping and looking up she gazed at him in awe. He was perfect. How she had survived so long without him was beyond her.

“Whatt?” Jack asked cautiously, looking at the cheeky grin that had now become apparent on Martha’s face.

Lifting up her arms and wrapping them around his neck she leant in so their bodies were pressed up against each other. She trailed her eyes around his face until her eyes fell onto his lips. Licking her own, she prepared herself for what she was about to say.

“Jack” she now whispered. “Kiss me?” she ever so sweetly asked.

With a smirk on his face Jack pushed Martha up against the wall as he brought his face closer to hers and looked straight into her eyes. “Or what?” he challenged.

“Or I will never ever kiss you again” she answered back smartly.

Jack wrapped his arms around her petite waist securely as he slowly lowered his lips to hers.

Smiling she leant up and met his lips in a soft kiss. Opening her mouth a little she let his tongue explore her mouth. God she missed this so much she thought.

Jumping up and wrapping her legs around his waste she let herself get lost in his kisses.

“Martha?” he murmured against her lips. “You know I love you, right?”

Pulling away slightly she admired him as she stroked his cheek with the back of her hand. Smiling at how cute he was she rubbed her nose against his.

“I love you more” she giggled crashing her lips against his again as he started to carry her off to the bedroom….

---------------

Next Chapter: The Affair Begins ahaha :wub::lol:

Here you go, next Chapter. It's not very eventful sorry!!

I promise i'll try make the next one more interesting, thanks for everyone commenting! :lol:

Chapter 4

“That was…”

“…Amazing” Martha panted as she tried to catch her breath. “I can’t believe how long I have gone without that… and you!” she giggled as she moved to lie on top of him, nuzzling her head into his neck as she placed soft kisses on his skin.

“Ahhh me neither, I mean… how did you ever manage to resist?” he smiled cheekily at her, while holding on to her tightly.

“I have absolutely no idea” Martha laughed.

Then it hit her. Neither one of them had really thought about what was going to happen after last night. She knew Sam thought Jack was working, but they hadn’t talked about what this all meant. “Maybe...” she started to think, “Maybe we should just keep this umm... You know? On the down low” she chuckled at her own use of words.

“You’re such a loser sometimes you know that?” he smirked as he lifted her chin upwards so he could gently kiss her lips. “Yeah, I think you’re right though. This isn’t the right time with Rory to be dumping this on him and Sam”

Martha grinned. She had an idea. One that she thought she would never ask, but right now, she didn’t seem to care about anything else.

“Well, would we still be able to… you know? In umm… secret?” she cocked an eyebrow as she sat up to look at him.

“Just try keeping me away…” he whispered seductively as he pulled her back down. Martha couldn’t control the giggle that came out of her mouth as he peppered kisses all over her face and neck.

--------------------

Later that day…

After spending all morning in Martha’s bedroom, they had both decided to get up and have a shower.

“That is the last time I have a shower with you Jack Holden” Martha laughed, shoving him in the back.

“Heyy… It’s not my fault you have such a small shower. How are you supposed to do anything in there” he complained, receiving a weird look from Martha. “Wash!” he then exclaimed. “I meant wash! Gee, get your mind out of the gutter Martha!” he smirked.

“So what time do you have to be home?” she sighed, wrapping both her arms around his waste and resting her chin on his shoulder.

He looked down at his watch and cringed. “Oooh, in an hour. Guess you’re going to have to make the most of me now aren’t you?” taking her arms off him he turned around to face her. “What do you think?”

“Jackkkk…” she groaned. “We just had a shower and…”

“Yeah an unsuccessful one” he butted in.

“And!” she spoke louder. “You don’t want to smell like me when you see Sam do you?” she questioned.

“Maybe…” he smirked. “Okay I guess I better get going now before I loose all self control” he added, looking her up and down with a wide grin on his face.

“Get out!” she laughed pushing him towards the door.

He stopped at the door and turned around to look at her. “When will we meet again Miss Mackenzie?” he asked with a posh accent.

“Ahh, that’s for me to know and for you to find out!” she exclaimed.

Jack moaned, crossed his arms and pouted.

“Tonight, 9 o’clock. Don’t be late” she said seriously before giggling at his baby face.

“I won’t” he winked as he went to walk back out the door but stopped again.

“What now?” Martha laughed.

“I love you” he smiled. Leaning forward to kiss her one last time.

She quickly kissed him back. “Yeah I love you too, you loser. Now go before you get into trouble” she laughed, attempting to again push him out the door.

He looked at her one last time and gave her his cute little smile that made her go weak, before walking back home to his house.

------------------------

Back at Jack’s place…

“Jack your home!” Sam beamed. Quickly running up to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“Uhh yeah. Sorry I had to work all night, you know how it is” he nervously laughed.

“Well your home now that’s all that matters. How come your not wearing you uniform?” she questioned him, confused.

Jack mentally cursed himself. He hadn’t even thought about that!

“Oh umm... McGrath needed me to come in straight away so I just borrowed a spare uniform there.” He stated, amazed that he had come up with such a good excuse so quickly.

Sam gave him a strange look. “He wouldn’t even let you come home and change? That’s weird of him” she shrugged it off. “Anyway now that your home you’re going to have to have a shower and get changed. Sal’s having everyone over for Pippa’s birthday. She rang last night and said to come roung at 3 so you have an hour an a half”

Jack groaned. He wouldn’t get to spend time with Martha like they had planned, well not alone anyway. He quickly went to the bathroom to ‘have a shower’ and rang Martha instead.

'Bring Bring'

“Wait a second” she said as she picked up.

‘Thump’

“Got it!” he heard her huff in the background.

“Got what?” he asked when he heard her pick up the phone again.

“Oh, hey you… just a fly” she said casually.

He laughed at how funny she was sometimes. “You coming to Sal’s?”

“Hmmm. Unfortunately yeah, I’m guessing you are too then?” she asked.

“Yeah. All of us are. Is Roman coming” he quickly asked.

“Yep” she sighed. “This is going to be a lot weirder then I thought”

“Don’t worry, we’ll just act normal, it will be easy. Just try keep your hands off me okay?” he laughed, trying to make light of the situation.

“Oh ha ha you’re so funny” she spoke into the phone. “I have to go; Granddad wanted me to be there earlier to help with stuff. I guess I’ll see you there then.” She sighed again.

“Yeah okay, see you there. Love you” he smiled to himself.

“Love you more” she giggled then hung up.

Jack exhaled loudly as he took of his clothes to have a shower for the second time that day.

“This isn’t as fun when you’re alone” he muttered aloud to himself.

--------------------------

Later that day, at Sally’s place…

Jack, Sam Rory, Tony and Luc all walked into Sal’s place and started greeting everyone.

“So where’s the birthday girl?” Jack asked, looking around trying to find her.

“She’s up in her room with Martha” Sally replied. “She wanted to get changed into something ‘prettier’ and said that Martha was the only one who could help her” she laughed. Turning around she spotted Pippa and Martha walking out from upstairs.

“Wow, don’t you look nice Pip?”

Jack looked up at Martha and was amazed at how beautiful she looked. Her hair was out and wavy and she was wearing a cream beach dress that came down to just above her knees. It was taking all his willpower not to go over there and scoop her up in his arms.

Her bright green eyes were shining as she smiled at everyone.

“Hey Pip” Sam smiled. “Happy Birthday!” She then glared up at Martha. “Martha” she put on a fake smile.

However Martha couldn’t care less about Sam’s rude gestures. “Hey Sam” she beamed back sarcastically. “It’s so nice to see you” she smiled.

No one could stop the giggles that escaped from their mouth.

Martha then greeted everyone else with a hug, when she reached Jack she had a sly smile on her face as she quickly hugged him and turned away to make sure no one would suspect anything of it.

“Does anyone want a drink or something?” Martha politely asked.

Everyone shook their head and smiled.

“Na thanks love, we should be right” Tony smiled.

“Speak for yourself dad, I’ll grab one please” Lucas chimed in.

“Great” she laughed back at him, walking off into the kitchen as everyone else went outside to socialize with the others… well everyone except Jack that is.

Creeping up behind her, he covered her eyes with one hand and wrapped the other around her waste.

“Guess who?” he whispered in her ear.

She jumped backwards into him and gasped. Pulling him off her she turned around with a scrunched up look on her face.

“**** Jack what are you doing? Anyone could see you” she warned, trying not to laugh.

“You looked too cute” he grinned at her. “I had to come up and cuddle you”

She laughed at how sweet he was being.

“I just want a kiss” he pleaded.

“No no no no no no no!” she quickly shook her head. “No kisses in public!” she quietly exclaimed.

“One”

“Nope”

“Please?”

“Jack!”

“If you don’t I’ll..”

Martha glared at the mischievous look in his eyes. She knew that look. She started backing away until she bumped into the kitchen cupboard, no where to go. “Jack! I’m warning you right now. Don’t you dare!”

“One kiss?” Jack leaned forward and whispered in her ear. Waiting for a response, he got none.

“You leave me no choice” he smirked. Grabbing her stomach she tried to pull away as he tickled her madly, hoping she would cave”

Laughing uncontrollably a tear rolled down Martha’s face. “Jack stop, please Jack I give in, I give in, I-”

“Hey Martha what are you doing, you’re taking… Martha?” Lucas paused.

“Oh Luc” Martha quickly picked up his drink and handed it to him. Wiping her eyes and trying to cover up what he had just walked in on.

“Thanks” Lucas eyed them suspiciously while walking back out.

As soon as he left they both turned around and looked at each other until Martha burst out laughing.

“That was close…” she giggled, resting head on his shoulder.

Next Chapter: Will they be able to keep it a secret? :unsure:

Hey All....

VERY SHORT CHAPTER AHEAD hahaha.

Been up all night last night so this prob has one hundred thousand mistakes in it.

Not much happens i just wanted to put another chapter up! :lol:

Thanks all for commenting, makes me smile :D

Chapter 5

As soon as he had the front door opened, Jack dove onto the couch and snuggled into a cushion. It was 1am and he had just got home from Sal’s. After everyone who had came for Pippa’s birthday left, and Pippa went to bed, everyone else had decided to stay longer and have a couple of drinks.

After the incident in the kitchen, Jack and Martha had both avoided each other the whole night. When Jack left, Martha had had a tad too much to drink, but apparently Roman was coming to pick her up… he had been working at the diner that night, that’s why he didn’t come to Sally’s.

“Jack it’s about time you got home! What took you so long; you said you were only going to be there for half an hour more when I left and I left at 10!” Sam whispered angrily.

“I just stayed back for a couple of drinks, calm down” he moaned back.

“I really can’t believe you Jack! You have a lot of explaining to do in the morning” Sam huffed off to their bedroom but stopped halfway picking up a pillow.

“You can sleep on the couch” she said, throwing the pillow in his face.

Jack rolled his eyes as she walked away. “I have to get out of here” he muttered to himself.

-------------------------

The next morning Jack decided to go round to his dad’s house for breakfast before Sam got up. He left a note telling her he would be busy all day with work stuff. This way, he would hopefully get to see Martha during the day.

‘Knock knock’

“Oh h- hii Jaackk” Tony yawned as he opened the door.

Jack just laughed and patted him on the back as he walked in “Didn’t get much sleep hey da-” he paused and looked at the couch. There asleep, was Martha.

“What’s Martha doing here?” he asked his dad.

“Ahh it’s not good mate. Roman came to pick her up after you left and they ended up getting into a huge argument about something and well… I don’t know what really happened but I know that they are no longer seeing each other” Tony sighed. “She was pretty cut up about it all, wouldn’t stop crying, so I let her crash here. I was going to give her the spare room but she crashed on the couch so I just let her be”

“Oh my god. Is she okay?” Jack was shocked that Roman would do that to Martha, especially seeing as she was drunk at the time. “I really didn’t see that one coming” he admitted. This was going to make things more intense now, would Martha want him to leave Sam?

“Yeah well, I guess you never know ay? Look I’m just going to head over to the diner and grab some breaky, you wanna come?” Tony walked and opened the door, waiting for a reply.

“Umm… nah I’ll just hang here incase Martha wakes up I think” he answered.

Tony nodded and walked out the door, closing it behind him. Leaving Jack alone with Martha.

Jack walked over to the couch and knelt beside her. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and her hair was all ruffled up. She was curled up into a little ball hugging herself as she slept. Jack gently picked up one of her hands and intertwined his fingers into hers. Leaning in closer he placed a small kiss on her head and used his other hand to brush her hair out of her face.

She opened one of her eyes slowly, squinting to make sure it was Jack, a huge grin spread across her face when she saw him. “Mmmm” she groaned, rolling over so her back was now facing him.

“Oh and here I was thinking you’d be happy to see me” he scoffed. “Look I heard what happened last night, are you okay babe?”

She rolled back over with a very evident pout on her face.

“You love to pout don’t you?” he laughed.

“Jackkkk!!” she whacked him playfully on the arm.

”Oh I’m sorry” he smiled, scooping her up into his arms and sitting back on the couch with her.

“That’s more like it” she whispered as she wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head on his chest.

“I think I should talk to Sam, I don’t want to do this to you anymore”

“Noo, noo...” she kept her eyes closed while quietly talking to him. “Don’t do it to Rory, not now... he adores you so much” she sighed.

He looked down at the sleeping beauty in his arms. Never in his life did he think he would be lucky enough to have found someone like her, and now to have been given a second chance.

“I love you so much. You know that right?” he lifted her head up to look at him.

She sleepily opened her eyes and smiled as she stared into his kind eyes. “I do know” she spoke in a little voice. “I love you so much too”

Martha slowly started drifting back to sleep when Jack suddenly lifted her up. “Come on you, I’m getting you home and in bed” he laughed.

“Alright, alright” she gave in. “But I think I should walk… maybe” she laughed.

--------------------

10 minutes later…

“Jack are you sure you don’t have better things to do because all I plan to do is hang around here and sleep all day” Martha warned. As soon as she got inside she collapsed onto the couch.

“You have a thing for couches don’t you?” Jack laughed, raising an eyebrow at her.

“Shut up and come cuddle me” she smirked, stretching her arms out and waiting for him to take them.

He couldn’t resist, looking into her puppy dog eyes he shuffled forward and wrapped her up into his arms. Moving her slightly so they were both on their sides, he made sure they were facing each other.

She stared at him, grinning widely, going over every little detail of his face. Looking back at her he poked out his tongue before slipping it back in just as quickly before she could grab it.

“How did you know I was going to do that?” she giggled, whacking him for spoiling her fun.

“How do I know your going to do ANYTHING” Jack answered smartly.

Martha leaned forward and brushed her lips against Jack. Just as he was about to capture her lips she pulled away.

“Did you know I was gonna do that” she pushed her nose up against his and laughed.

All Jack did was push his lips back into hers. He immediately felt her body relax as she wrapped her arms around his waste, stroking his bare skin under his shirt.

‘Knock Knock’

“Only me love. Just checking how you-” Alf’s eyes shot open as he saw the two of them all over each other. “Flaming Hell Jack, what do you two think your doing?”

Now you know why it's short!! I wanted to keep you all in suspense!! :wink:

Next Chapter:Will Alf keep it a secret? :blink: Or will everryone find out? :unsure: haha

Thanks for all your comments guys, keep them coming :wink:

Here's the next chapter :lol:

Chapter 6

Last Chapter…

Martha leaned forward and brushed her lips against Jack. Just as he was about to capture her lips she pulled away.

“Did you know I was gonna do that” she pushed her nose up against his and laughed.

All Jack did was push his lips back into hers. He immediately felt her body relax as she wrapped her arms around his waste, stroking his bare skin under his shirt.

‘Knock Knock’

“Only me love. Just checking how you-” Alf’s eyes shot open as he saw the two of them all over each other. “Flaming Hell Jack, what do you two think your doing?”

-----------------------

“Granddad!” Martha yelled, jumping straight up from the couch.

Alf just stood there with a shocked look on his face.

Martha and Jack both didn’t know what to do or say. Alf wasn’t saying anything so Martha decided to bite the bullet.

“Granddad, What are you doing here? You weren’t meant to find out about any of this but… but-”

“But what!?” he spat.

“But you can’t tell anyone!” she yelled at how rude he was being.

“I’m sorry Martha but do you really expect for me to just let you two keep going on with this when Jack’s married!” he scrunched up his eyebrows and turn his attention to Jack. “Why are you doing this Jack?” he then asked.

Jack looked at him through desperate eyes. “Because it’s Martha” he simply stated.

Alf was about to say something back but Martha cut him off. “Look Granddad I think you should just go” She shook her head, looking down.

“Fine! But this has to end. You will only end up hurting each other. If I catch you two near each other again, I’ll be forced to tell Sam! You can’t keep this up!” Alf exclaimed as he stomped out of the apartment; he was so disappointed in them both. Martha followed behind him, locking the door as he left.

Martha and Jack both remained quiet, each one not sure what to say.

Jack looked at Martha. “So, this is it? I have to tell Sam!” he panicked.

“No you don’t” Martha looked at him as if he were crazy. “Look I know what Granddad said but we’ll tell Sam when we’re ready, not when he tells us too!” she started getting angry.

“You can’t be serious!?” Jack laughed. “You heard him Martha! If he catches us together again he’ll tell her himself. We can’t let that happen” he sighed as he flopped down back onto the couch.

“Well we won’t let him catch us then!” she proudly smiled. “All we have to do is be more careful” she sat down next to him, pleading with him not to tell Sam.

“I don’t know about this Martha. Why don’t you want Sam to know? It’s not about Rory at all is it?” he looked deep into her eyes, trying to find answers.

She looked down, pulling both her knees up under her chin. “The moment you tell Sam is the moment things will get complicated. Call me selfish, but I just want things like they are now. I am dreading the day everyone finds out…. All the judgment and the rumors, I don’t want any of that” she cried in a little voice, a tear dropping from her eye as she spoke.

“Hey” he whispered as he wiped away her tears. “I understand… If you don’t want to tell her yet, we won’t” he smiled sadly. “I would do anything to make you smile, you know that right?”

I know… “She whispered. “That’s why I love you so much” she ran her hand through his hair and gave him a small smile.

“Come here” Jack ushered her to lie with him. He wrapped his arms around her body and kissed her head.

That afternoon they fell asleep in each others arms. Martha kept waking up suddenly, scared that Jack was going to be gone, each time he wasn’t she would snuggle further into his arms and place a light kiss on his cheek.

----------------------

The next day…

Lucas was sitting in the diner having lunch when Martha walked in.

‘Yes’ he thought. He needed someone to help him and Martha was perfect.

“Wha-” Lucas quickly pulled Martha in the seat next to him. “Luc” she laughed. “What are you doing?” she asked.

“I need your help” he shyly looked down.

“okayyyyy” she gave him a weird look. “Well spit it out! What’s up?” she smiled.

“There’s this girl and… I don’t know where to take her out?”

“Ohhh Lucas Holden has a date” she teased him laughing.

“Stop Laughing now!” he warned.

“I’m sorry, it’s just… I remember when I was your age!” she kept laughing.

At that moment Tony, Jack and Sam walked in the diner and noticed Lucas and Martha. They decided to go over and join them.

“Shhhhh” Lucas nudged Martha to stop laughing as he saw them approaching, but she couldn’t wipe the grin off her face… especially once she saw Jack.

“Hey guys, what’s so funny?” Tony greeted them.

“Lucas has a da-”

“-Don’t you dare!” Lucas raised his voice to drown out Martha’s.

Jack laughed at them both. He loved how close they were and couldn’t wait until he could act like that with both of them.

“Sorry but I just need to talk to Martha” Lucas apologized; pulling Martha up by the arm he started dragging her out of the diner. “We’ll catch ya’s later” he quickly smiled.

“Oh! Ummm… Bye I guess” Martha laughed. “Talk to you later” she waved as she got dragged away by Lucas.

-----------------------

Later that night…

Jack sat up on the cliffs, thinking about everything. He had texted Martha to come meet him and she said she would. He had needed to see her, he hadn’t been alone with her in over 24 hours and it was already hurting.

He felt to hands slide around his waste.

“Finally” he sighed turning around to give her a hug.

Martha smiled and gave him a big kiss on the lips. “I missed you!!” she squealed as she sat on his lap sideward, cuddling into him so tight she pushed him backwards.

“I can see that” he laughed as she was now lying on top of him. Pushing her hair behind her hair out of hair face he pulled her down to kiss him.

She moaned as her lips met his. She could feel his hands on her waste slowly inching up her top sending shivers up her spine.

Running out of breath Martha pulled away. “Let’s not get carried away” she smiled.

“Who said anything about that?” Jack looked at her innocently.

“I know what you’re like” she grinned.

“Your right” he laughed. “I am like that… so why not?” he raised his eyebrow at her.

“Because Jack we are on a cliff… not to mention anyone could see us” she cautiously looked around.

“Martha the only people who come up here are you and me and it’s not like we haven’t done it before” he smirked thinking of all there old memories.

“Yeah well Jack there are a lot of things we’ve done before that I will never. I repeat Never! Do again.” She sat up, still straddling him and folded her arms in triumph.

“Come on Martha!” he whined. “It’s been ages… I need you” he pouted.

“No! Let’s just sit and talk” she pulled him up off the ground.

“Hey… you never did tell me what happened with you and Roman?” he reminded her.

“It wasn’t that important” she shivered, the wind was picking up and it was getting quite cold.

“Ohh are you cold?” he wrapped his arms around her to give her warmth. “Well you know what would make us warm...” he started.

“Jack!” she whacked him playfully.

“Now about Roman…" she continued on... "He never really said why he broke up with me. Just something about me not being good enough… Anyway, it doesn’t matter anymore” she sighed. “He was always pushy and wanted me to do all the stuff he wanted to do, I’m glad he broke up with me” she half smiled.

“What a prick!” Jack exclaimed. “If anything you’re too good for him… for anyone!”

“Well in that case” Martha laughed and went to get up.

“Oi” Jack laughed. “You might be way too good for me. But in another way, you’re just perfect for me”

“Thanks babe” she rubbed her nose against his and smiled like she always did and gave him a soft kiss.

“So who’s bedroom tomorrow” Jack smirked. “Yours or mine?” he laughed.

“You are pathetic! That is all you think about” she shook her head and laughed at him.

He looked at her, confused. “I think you’re the pathetic one Martha. I mean… how could you not think about it when you’re with someone like me?”

Next Chapter: In the words of Alf – ‘You will only end up hurting each other’ :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY IT WORKS!! hahaha.

hellooo

Thankyou guys so much for your help :) Sorry i haven't updated in a while, bit busy + my computer has been stuffing up obviously lol <_<

You will all probably hate me after this chapter, I understand :P

But i am sorry :unsure:

Chapter 6

A couple of weeks had passed and things had gotten so much harder on both Jack and Martha. They could hardly see each other anymore since Alf found out. Jack had to work more and spend time with Sam which meant he could hardly ever see Martha. It was taking its toll on both of them.

Every night Martha would lay in bed thinking about what was happening and cry herself to sleep. She would try calling Jack, but he was never able to talk to her.

----------------------------

Jack looked around the Surf Club in a desperate hope that Martha wouldn’t be there. It was bad enough that he couldn’t spend time with Martha; he didn’t want her seeing him out with Sam. He had planned to spend the day with Martha but Sam had annoyingly phoned his work and found out that he had a day off work so she planned a day out for the both of them. He wanted to say no, he hadn’t been alone with Martha in a while, but with her knowing he didn’t have work… what other excuse was there?

Sam was chatting to Alf, all the annoying questions she could think of. Jack was off in his own world, it was funny how he found the coaster he was playing with in his hands more interesting then his wife. He turned his attention to someone rushing in, shoving past everyone on her way…. And of course, it was Martha.

She was a mess, her eyes were dark and her hair wasn’t properly done.

“Struth love, are you okay? Looks like you haven’t slept in weeks!” Alf exclaimed as she walked past him.

Martha stopped and turned around. “That’s cause I haven’t” she glared at Jack for a second then walked into the storeroom.

Alf and Sam both turned to look at Jack.

“What was that about?” they both asked.

Jack shrugged his shoulders. “I have no idea” he lied. “I’m just gonna pop over and see dad in the gym okay?” he looked at Sam.

“Alright, I’ll just wait here” she put on a smile and watched him walk away.

"Ahh and I actually have to pick up a couple of things from the diner" Alf sighed. "Mind the bar for me Martha?" he called out.

Martha groaned and walked and stood behind the counter, making herself busy to avoid any conversation with Sam.

Sam saw that Martha was deliberately avoiding eye contact with her so she decided to start up a conversation. “So… no new boyfriends I see?” Sam smartly shot out.

“Excuse me!?” Martha laughed in disbelief.

“Oh nothing...” she quickly covered up. “Forget I asked” she annoyingly grinned.

“Pffft” Martha laughed. “What’s your problem Sam”

“Nothing, I’m just really excited. Jack’s got a special dinner planned tonight… He’s even gotten Tony to look after Rory if you know what I mean” She raised her eyebrows. “He's always telling me how special I am and how much i mean to him so he said that tonight he wanted to- "

“For god sake Sam shut up!” Martha yelled so loud that most of the customers were watching. “You really think I’m interested in anything that has to do with you and Jack?”

Jack and Tony must of heard her yelling from the gym because they quickly came out.

“What’s going on?” Jack questioned both of them.

“Why don’t you ask your little wife?” Martha laughed at the word.

“Oi” Sam yelled and stood up. “I was just being nice and making conversation and then you had a go at me” she walked towards Jack and held onto his arm.

“Get a life Sam” Martha shook her head at how pathetic Sam could be.

“Martha.... What happened? Are you okay?” Jack asked confused at what he had just walked in on.

“As soon as you both leave I will be” her voice was breaking a bit. It was obvious to Jack that Sam had said something to upset her.

“Martha-”

“Just go Jack!”

All Jack wanted to do was be there for her, but he knew he couldn’t right now… so he left.

---------------------------

Jack’s house….

“What did you say to her?” Jack spat at Sam.

“Me!?” she raised her voice. “You should be asking what she said to me!”

“Give it up Sam I know you said something, did you see how angry she was? Martha never acts like that towards anyone, you must have said something!” he yelled.

Sam groaned. “All I said was we had a nice night planned tonight! Nothing else!”

Jack sighed in frustration. Sam wouldn’t have just been telling her, she would have been bragging and rubbing it in. Things hadn’t been going well between him and Martha, no wonder she had a go at Sam.

“I’m having a shower” he said. He didn’t even care about their plans, he couldn’t even look at her right now. She had stuffed everything up.

-------------------------------

Later that day…

She sat on the wooden fence along the beach. Letting the wind blow over her face.

How could he do this to her? She knew Sam was just trying to rub it in but it just made her something she hated… jealous.

Alf spotted Martha sitting near the beach and decided to make his way up to her. Tony had filled him in on everything that had happened earlier that day between her and Sam.

“Hey love” he smiled as he lent on the railing next to her.

She kept her eyes focused on the waves in front of her.

“Love… I know you’re hurting but-”

“You know we are still seeing each other?” Martha spoke out to the ocean, still not making eye contact with him. “After you caught us, we kept on seeing each other. Well… at least that’s what I thought” she laughed a bit.

“You were right” she sighed, finally turning to look at him.

“Martha-” Alf spoke but was again interrupted.

“He doesn’t even have time to spend with me anymore” she softly cried. “It’s like now he’s got me he doesn’t have to worry about making an effort. And I know it’s my fault. I told him not to tell Sam, I didn’t want everyone finding out. But now…” she sobbed.

“Shhh” Alf wrapped his arm around her shoulder and comforted her, he needed a way to take her mind off Jack for a night. “How about you and me go out to the city tonight? I’ll take you out” he smiled.

“I don’t know Granddad” she whispered. “I don’t think I’m up for it…”

“Of course you are” he butted in.

Martha stared at her Granddad admirably. If she didn’t have Jack, at least she had her Granddad.

“Okay” she smiled.

----------------------

Jack approached the front door of Sally’s. He had tried ringing Martha but her phone was turned off. He went to her apartment but there was no one home so he decided to see if Sally or Alf knew where she was.

He had told Sam he was going to see if Martha was okay. That was the only good thing that had come out of their fight. Jack had an excuse to see Martha.

‘Knock Knock’

The door opened and Jack came face to face with Sally.

“Hey Jack, what a surprise to see you here!” Sally beamed.

“Yeah umm... I was actually looking for Martha” he smiled awkwardly. “Do you know where she is?” he asked

“You just missed them actually”

“Them?” Jack was confused.

“Her and Alf” Sally laughed. “Alf said something about taking her out to the city”

“Ohhhh… okay. Thanks Sal” he tried to laugh it off, but really he was crushed that he wouldn’t get to see her. “Well I better be off. I’ll catch ya later” he waved as he walked back towards his house.

---------------------

In the meantime….

Alf and Martha were having fun driving towards the city. Alf had taken Martha’s mind off Jack and she was actually laughing again.

“Turn the music down” Alf laughed turning the music down.

“What is the music too loud for your old ears?” Martha laughed, turning it back up.

“Martha I…” The car suddenly swerved off the side of the road.

“Granddad watch out!” Martha screamed as she saw them heading towards a tree.

But before Alf could even do anything their car collided with the tree.

----------------------

It felt like everything had stopped. She could hear nothing. She tried moving from her seat but the pain to her ribs was excruciating. She turned to look at her Granddad but was met with an awful sight.

"Granddad” she whispered, tears flowing down her cheeks. “Are you okay!? Oh please wake up” she cried. “Please…

She felt her body lighten and her eyes fall….

----------------------

Next Chapter: Will Alf survive? How will Martha cope? :(

Sorry it's such a **** chapter (writing wise haha)

Thanks katie343 :lol:

Thanks for everyone commenting!!!

I have a feeling this is only a short fic, and it's ending soon lol :blink:

This chapter's abit short and what not but hey it's a chapter hahaha.

Chapter 7

“Martha Mackenzie, Found unconscious on the scene. Broken Ribs and mild concussion” she heard someone say.

“Granddad” she tried to call out but her voice was weak.

“Shhh” whispered the doctor “Just stay calm, its okay we’re going to help you”

‘What is happening?’ Martha thought to herself. She tried pulling herself up but the pain was too much.

“Granddad” she mumbled. “I want to see him…” she drifted off.

“She’s fallen unconscious again!”

-------------------------------

She opened her eyes slightly and tried to process where she was. She saw figures around her but they were all a blur. Rubbing her eyes in a daze, she heard people around her rushing to her side.

“Martha!” she heard Sally call out. “Martha, thank god you’re okay!”

She felt Sally grab her hand. Moaning from pain she finally opened her eyes completely, blinded by the white walls around her.

“Where’s granddad?” she shot out.

Sally stopped dead on the spot. Her eyes welled up with tears as she turned to look at Ric and Mattie who were already crying.

“I’m so sorry Martha” she cried. “He was in a really bad condition. They said there was nothing they could do to save-”

That was the moment time stopped. Everything became a daze. She had no idea what Sally was saying anymore… and she didn’t care. Her granddad had died and it was all her fault.

“Martha I know this is hard. We are all here for you okay” Sally sobbed.

Martha just stayed in the same position. Staring out the window, how was she supposed to feel when she knew it was all her fault?

“Are you okay?” Ric then asked. “The doctor said you had broken some ribs from the impact. The bruising and cuts on your face and body will fade away though” he put his hand on hers, hoping she would take it.

But she didn’t…

----------------------------

Meanwhile at Jacks…

‘Bang Bang Bang’

“Okay, okay I’m coming! Geez…” Jack quickly got up and made his way towards the door.

He opened the door to an upset looking Lucas. He immediately knew something was wrong.

“Luc… what’s wrong” he cautiously asked. Not really knowing if he wanted to know the answer.

Looking up into his brothers eyes he tried to find an easy way to tell him.

“There has been a car accident Jack” he breathed in heavily. “It was Martha and...” but before Luc could say anymore Jack pushed past him and made his way to the car.

“Jack!” he called after him. “Jack there’s more…” he swallowed the giant lump that had formed in his throat.

Jack stopped in his tracks and slowly turned to face Lucas.

“Alf was with her. He ummm… he didn’t make it Jack” Luc’s voice broke. He immediately looked at the ground not wanting to see Jack’s expression.

“Oh my god” Jack’s whispered as he leant back onto his car. “What about Martha?” he asked in a broken voice.

“As far as I know she’s doing okay” Lucas tried to sound positive. “I mean physically okay. I don’t think she’s going to be doing so great once she finds out about Alf”

“I have to see her” Jack quickly got in his car and turned on the engine.

“Do you think that’s such a good idea?” Lucas asked running up to the car window.

“I don’t know Luc! What do you expect me to do?” he started to get aggravated. “I’m not just going to stay here and do nothing. If she doesn’t want me there, I’ll go. But I can’t sit here and do nothing..." Jack to one last look at his brother and drove off towards the hospital.

--------------------------

Sally, Ric and Matilda were waiting outside Martha’s room.

“Hey I just heard!” Roman ran towards them. “Is she okay?”

“No not really” Sally sighed. “She hasn’t spoken to anyone since I told her about Alf. I think she just needs time"

“Do you mind if I see her?” Roman asked.

“Mate do you think that’s such a good idea-”

“Yeah sure” Sally cut off Ric.

“Thanks” he walked off towards her room, hoping that she would want to see him.

“It’s worth a shot!?” Sally knew that Ric wasn’t pleased. But anything would help.

-----------------------

“Martha?” Roman whispered when he entered.

This was the last thing she needed. Didn’t anyone get that she wanted to be alone?

“Hey… I was just coming to see if you were alright?” he went to put his arm around her but she abruptly pulled away.

Looking at him confused, she turned away from him. Hoping he would get the hint to leave her alone.

“I know its hard Martha. But I’m here now. I’m not going anywhere, it’s going to be okay” he tried to sooth her.

--------------------

“Sally!” Jack ran towards them, out of breath.

“Jack!? What are you doing here?” she asked him surprised.

“I need to see her! Where is she?” he shot at them.

“I really don’t think it’s a good idea Jack” she sighed.

“Oh yeah but for Roman it was no worries” Ric scoffed in the background.

“Roman’s in there!?” Jack exclaimed. “Why the hell would Martha want to see him?” his voice grew louder with aggravation.

“Look Jack I think you should just go. If she didn’t want Roman in there she would have told him to leave, you know Martha”

“Of course i do. I also know that when she’s upset or in shock she doesn’t talk much. So no! She wouldn’t necessarily tell him to leave!”

“Jack! Just go now!” Sally yelled. Jack had never seen her like this before.

"Look Sal, all I'm asking is for 5 minutes. I just want to talk to her" he tried calming himself down. He needed to be in there with her. He just wanted to hold her and talk to her and tell her everything was going to be okay. But Sally wasn't letting him.

"I'm not going to give up on her" he told Sally as he walked away. He felt useless, he wasn't even aloud to help.

“Do you really think that was such a good idea?” Ric asked once Jack was out of sight.

“Yeah I mean, he was right. She hasn’t talked since we told her. It’s like she’s not even there. She hasn’t even cried!” Matilda butted in, confused at Martha’s state.

“The last thing she needs is Jack. As much as those two help each other out, I don’t think this is the same” Sally sat down on a chair outside Martha’s room. “She’ll talk when she’s ready”

---------------------

Back at Jacks...

“Jack maybe she’s right. Just go and see her tomorrow morning after she’s had some rest.” Lucas tried to reason with his brother.

Jack just kept pacing. Why wouldn’t Sally just let him see her. He knew her the best out of anyone. “She won’t have some rest Luc! I just need to talk to her”

“What are you going to say?” Luc scrunched up his brow. He couldn’t understand why Jack was being so unreasonable.

“I should have ended things. I was so stupid. I shouldn’t have listened to her” Jack muttered to himself.

“Ended what?” he stared at his brother. Dreading the answer he knew was coming.

“Ending things with Sam” he said simply. “Me and Martha, we’re together. Well... I mean I think we are” he paused. “She wanted it to be a secret because she didn’t want It to become complicated but…” he sunk down into the couch.

“Look Jack, I'm going. Sam’s going to be home any second now. Do the right thing” he told his brother as he walked out the door.

“Jack!?” Sam called as she walked in the door. “What’s up with Luc? He hardly looked at me.”

“I kinda need to talk to you about something" he looked at her seriously. “Rory could you give me and your mum a minute?”

“Sure…” Rory ran off into his room. Leaving behind a confused Sam.

Sam made her way over towards the couch and sat next to Jack. “What’s this about?” she cringed.

“This isn’t working Sam” he quickly confessed. “I’ve been kidding myself for so long. I’m… I’m in love with Martha. I always have been” he sighed.

“What! Her!?” she spat. “You’re leaving me… for her!?”

Jack nodded. “Look I know you knew all along, so don’t pretend to be surprised. You threw it in her face every chance you got” Jack stood up and looked down at her. “It was like a competition to you! Well, I want out” he yelled at her.

“I don’t think so Jack, I’m not signing any divorce papers" she stood up to the same height as him. She folded her arms, acting as if she had power over him.

“I don’t care” Jack smiled to a dumbfounded Sam. “All I care about is being with Martha. And away from you!” he stomped past her and made his way for the door.

“If you want to be the pathetic woman who won't let go, the fine. Do what you want” He took one last look at her and left.

He stopped when he got to his car. He thought would be happier, when this moment came. But he wasn't. Something was still missing. Or to be more specific, someone.

-------------------

Next Chapter: Will Jack get to see Martha? :unsure:

Helllooo!!

I decided to post another chapter cause i had it.

I tried to make it as good as i could but yeahh i don't know haha :huh: </b>

Enjoy =D

Chapter 8

“Martha, I know how upsetting this must be for you. It’s okay to talk about it…”, Mattie once again tried getting Martha to open up, as everyone did.

It had been 4 days since Alf had died and Martha hadn’t spoken a word. No one knew how she was feeling, what she was feeling, she wouldn’t give an inch.

Sally still wouldn’t let Jack come and see her. He had nearly gotten in when she had gone to get coffee, but Roman came out of her room and saw him.

Jack didn’t understand why Roman was suddenly back in Martha’s life. Did he really care about her? All Jack knew was he had no right to be there if he couldn’t.

Sally and Roman had stayed with Martha day and night, hoping everyday that they would get through to Martha. No one else had come and visited Martha as everybody thought it would be best to leave her alone, no one knew what to do.

“Martha? Please. We just want to know how you’re feeling, how you’re coping?”, she tried again.

But once again Martha gave the same response she did every time, a blank face.

-----------------------------

“I don’t get it! I have tried so many times. All I want is to see how she is!”, Jack exclaimed.

“Well I hear she’s still not talking to anyone so I doubt there’s much you can do”, Luc replied, getting dizzy watching his brother pace around the room.

“I have to find a way in”

“Jack. They are not going to let you in. Especially when you’re acting so..”

“I just need to think of a way”, he cut off his brother.

“Weird and loopy”, Lucas muttered to himself.

“You’re going to help me!”, he ignored his brother. “I need you to distract Sally! We’ll do it while Roman and Ric are at work, and Mattie’s at school!”, Jack grinned at his own genius plan.

“Yeah, you’re quite the smart one Jack”, He raised his eyebrows. “Except you forgot… I’ll be at school dumb ass”, he laughed.

“Oh cause you’ve never taken a day off without dad knowing”, he looked sarcastically at his brother.

Luc paused. He had no way out of this. “Fine!”, he groaned.

“Yes”, Jack jumped, patting his brother on the back. “I knew you were good for something”, he smirked.

“Okay. So the plan is… You go in, tell Sally you have some…”, he tried to think. “School thing! Tell her it’s something private you need to talk about!”

“Oh yeah” he laughed. “And then what am I going to say once I get her out of the room?”

“I don’t know. You’re smart… You’ll think of something”, he smirked.

----------------------

The next day…

Sally sat looking at Martha. Looking for any answers in her eyes, except all she saw was emptiness. Her face was drained of all colour and her body was lifeless. Everyone was getting really worried about her, she wasn’t eating, she wasn’t sleeping. It was like she wasn’t even there anymore.

“So are you sure you’ll be right here by yourself”, Roman asked.

“I’ll be fine. Plus I have Martha to keep me company don’t I Martha?”, she smiled, once again hoping for a response.

“Okay”, Roman smiled sympathetically. “Does Matilda need a lift to school?”

“Nah it’s alright. Ric’s taking her”, she answered. “Thanks Roman… and I don’t just mean for this. Thanks for everything”

“Anything I can do”, he smiled once more before heading to work.

Sally sighed. “Martha it’s been 5 days now. You have to stop this, please!”, she started sobbing.

Martha turned to look at her.

“Martha?” Sally looked up at her. Hoping Martha was finally going to let her in.

But there was no such luck. She turned back around to stare out the window. She did it all day, Sally wondered if there was something out there. But there never was….

-----------------------

“Just go in Luc!”, Jack tried to whisper.

“I don’t know what to say!?”, he argued back.

“Say ummm…. Say you need an extension on an assignment but your teacher won’t give you one”

“Great one”, he gestured a ‘thumbs up’ brothers crap idea.

“Just do it”, he pushed Luc towards the door.

‘Knock knock’

“Quick, go hide”, he gestured to Jack before the door quickly opened. “Hey Sal”, he grinned a little too wide.

“Lucas”, she tried to smile. Although you could tell she was clearly run down. “What’s up?”

“Ummm… I was kinda wondering if we could have a umm... Word?”, he stuttered. Nervous that Jack’s ‘Master Plan’ wasn’t going to work.

“Yeah sure”, she answered much to his relief. “I was actually going to go get a coffee. You can talk to me then”

“Great!”, he all but yelled. “I umm... I mean good, thanks”, he blushed embarrassed at his tone of voice.

As both Sally and Lucas walked off to the coffee room, Luc couldn’t help but laugh seeing his brother behind a corner, grinning from ear to ear.

---------------------

As soon as they were out of sight, Jack made his way for Martha’s door. He didn’t even know what he was going to say to her. All these questions flooded Jack’s mind. Would she want him there? What was he even meant to say? Last time Jack saw Martha she was still mad at him, what if she was still angry?

He shook his head. He couldn’t think about any of that. He didn’t have much time. He had to do it; at least he would know how she was…

Sucking up all his nerves he took hold of the door handle and turned it. As he peered around the corner he saw her

There she was. Sitting there, still, like some kind of statue. She hadn’t even turned her head to see who it was.

“Martha…”, She turned her eyes towards him the second he spoke her name. She had a blank look on her face. He couldn’t explain it… was she angry? Relieved? For the whole time he had known Martha, he had never come across her in such a state.

“I’m so sorry I haven’t been here Martha. Sally thought it would be best if I didn’t see you and I just… I don’t know”, he sighed.

For the first time since her Granddad had died, she felt something. Her face softened. All the pain and the hurt she had been trying so hard to shut out had somehow found its way back. She felt so weak and tired.

She looked up at the man in front of her. She hadn’t realized how much she had missed him. She was so mad with him for never seeing her that she had completely forgotten how much she needed him.

She tried to stay strong and put on a brave face. Imagine if he found out that it was all her fault! Would he still be there for her?

“Martha. I know you’re trying to be strong, and that’s great but… Alf has died and I know you’re hurting. You can’t keep this up. You know I can see right through you”, he smiled sadly.

Jack watched as her eyes filled with tears and her body started to shake. He rushed over to her side. Sitting on her bed he wrapped her up in blankets and held her while she cried.

“I’m so sorry..”, she sobbed as Jack held her tighter. “It’s all my fault, I made him go… I made him. Don’t be mad, I’m sorry-”

“Hey, hey, hey”, Jack whispered. Lifting her chin up with his hand he looked deep into her eyes. “None of this is your fault. Okay… It’s just something that happened. You know he wouldn’t want you blaming yourself”, he wiped away her tears with his thumb.

“I want him back Jack… it’s not fair”, she sobbed into his shirt, clinging onto him for all she was worth.

Jack gestured for her to lie down. She cuddled into his arms, tears still spilling from her eyes.

“I know this probably isn’t the right time to tell you”, Jack spoke into her hair. “But… I’ve left Sam… We’re free”, he sighed.

Martha lifted her head from his chest to look at him. “There’s always a good time to tell me that”, she tried to smile.

He tucked her hair behind her ears. “I love you, and only you. That’s never going to change”

“And I love you”, she tucked her head in between his neck and shoulder.

“Hmmm… I should let you sleep”

“No”, she whispered. “Stay with me? You make me feel safe”, she squeezed him tighter.

“Of course I’ll stay”, All she had to do was ask and he would stay. There was no place he’d rather be.

--------------------

An hour later…

“So anymore questions?”, she raised her eyebrows at the young student in front of her.

“Yeah”, Luc quickly stopped her from walking into Martha’s.

“Luc!”, she huffed. “You have asked every question in the world! Hey... wait a minute”, she paused and eyed him suspiciously. “Shouldn’t you be at school?”

“Ahhh… mmmm…. I actually have to get going”, he ignored her last question. “Good talking to you though”, he quickly ran off in the other direction.

“Gee I should have asked him that earlier”, Sally muttered to herself as she opened Martha’s door.

She looked towards Martha’s bed and gasped. There, fast asleep, was Martha. Clinging to Jack like there was no tomorrow.

A tear ran down Sally’s cheek as she saw Martha’s red blotchy eyes and the big wet patch on Jack’s shirt.

“Hey Sal. Just thought I’d pop round to see-”, Ric stopped as he saw Sally crying. “What’s wrong?”

She gestured to the two people in front of her.

Ric smiled as he wrapped an arm around Sally’s shoulder. “I guess all she needed was the right person hey?”

--------------------

Next Chapter: I have no idea? Any suggestions pm me ahahaha. :lol:

Hellooo :wink: Sorry i haven't updated in a while!!

Thanks for ALL your comments, i love comments =D

Don't make it a short fic pretty pwease with sugar on top, followed by a cherry (that can be taken off and replaced with a dollep of chocolate if you don't like cherries.), coated in sherbet and sprinkels, and then with a perfectly toasted marshmallow (goooy and warm on the inside and slightly toasted on the outside.) and a drizzel of chocolate on top?

Come on who could resist that? :huh:

(mmmm, now i'm all hungry :P )

Awwww, you make me feel so bad! My computer need's to get fixed over the next month so i'll be using my sisters whenever i can so i won't be able to update!!! I think i might this is the second last chapter, but you never know. I'll prob write another fic though hahaha. :lol:

Chapter 9

1 month later…

“You, Jack Holden, are the most prettiest guy I have ever met!”, she cooed, squeezing his cheeks with her hands.

“Pretty!?”, he exclaimed. “Pfft... try the sexiest”, he winked back at her.

It was a Friday night and once again both Martha and Jack had decided to go to out and once again they were both well and truly drunk.

Martha had fallen pretty hard after the accident. But Jack had been there through it all, he never left her side. Whenever she needed him, he was there. He cradled her when she woke from a Nightmare, held her while she cried herself to sleep. But after many sleepless nights and hard days, she had finally been able to move on from what had happened.

There wasn’t a day that went by that she didn’t think about him. His laugh, his wisdom, everything about him. But Martha knew more than anyone that he was always going to be there for her, and she owed it to him to get on with her life.

Martha spat out her drink all over Jack. “Sexy?”, she laughed hysterically. “Seriously?”

“Yep”, he slurred. “And you… love it”

“You’re funny!”, she cut him off laughing.

“It’s one of my many skills”, he beamed.

“Funny funny funny”, she wandered around aimlessly.

“I do have a lot. You would be surprised actually…”

“Very funny”

He laughed as he looked over at her, lost in her own little world. “Alright silly… we are off to home”, he grinned, dragging her out the door.

“What!?”, she stopped. “What do you mean we? I… would never go home with you”, she poked him in the chest.

“You know you’re going to come with me”, he narrowed his eyes towards hers, staring deeply into them. She moved her face closer so that both their nose and foreheads were touching. He smirked as she tried her hardest not to go cross-eyed, he loved their nights out.

“Okayyyy… I guess I’ll come”, she rubbed her nose childishly with his before pulling away. “I mean, who else would put up with your non stop snoring?”, she giggled as she started to walk away.

At Jack’s house…

“Finally we’re homeee”, he moaned, looking down at the sulking girl hanging off his arm. “Let’s get you to bed”, he scooped her up into his arms.

“Noooooooooo…”, she pouted. “I want to stay up and talk”

“Martha, look at you. We’ll talk in bed?”, he questioned her.

“Deal!”

10 minutes later…

“Ahhh, nice and warm”, she snuggled into Jack’s arms.

“Not you!”, he pulled away from her. “You’re freezing!”

“Just hug me you girl”, wrapping her arms around him she sighed. She was so lucky to have someone like Jack.

“iloveyouuuuu”, she giggled, tucking her head in his neck.

“I love you too”

“You are so good to me”, she whispered. “I’m so lucky to have you again”

“Yes… Yes you are”, he said seriously, causing Martha to let out a giggle.

“Just… Thankyou, for being there. I never really told you how much it meant to me”

Jack smiled as he leant down to kiss the top of her head. “I’m just glad you’re okay”

And with that she was asleep. So much for staying up, Jack laughed to himself. He knew she would crash as soon as her head hit the pillow.

He felt her stir in her sleep, as she moved to cuddle into him more. He couldn’t believe he had her back in his arms. After all that had happened, they had still ended up together. He had missed sleeping with her so much, It was never the same with Sam, just a normal nights sleep, both on each side of the bed.

It was so different with Martha. They were always curled up in each others arms, legs tangled with the others. She’d always wake him up in the middle of the night wanting to talk, but he’d always have something else in mind. Things were so fun and easy, he was where he’s supposed to be; back with his Best Friend.

“Someone’s happy”, Irene called out to both Jack and Martha, walking in the diner with big grins on their faces.

“Great day”, they both laughed as they brushed passed her to sit with some familiar faces.

“Morning guys”, Jack greeted Tony, Rachel, Lucas and Matilda. Martha gave a wave.

“Luc!”, Martha exclaimed. “I haven’t seen you round in ages, how’d the thing go?”, she asked, referring to the date he had been stressing about ages ago.

“Ummm yeah alright, not important now”, he answered shyly.

Roman walked out of the kitchen with a couple of meals. “Here you go guys, have a good-”, he stopped, looking up at both Martha and Jack. “Oh… Hey Martha… Jack”, he tried to smile.

Things were always awkward when Martha saw Roman, especially when she was with Jack, which was most of the time. He had never really gotten used to the fact that Jack and Martha were now together.

They both smiled at him in return, before he quickly hurried back to the kitchen.

“That wasn’t awkward”, Mattie laughed.

“Yeahhh”, Jack raised his eyebrows. “Wonder how long that’s going to keep going, he’s just making himself look stupid”, he rolled his eyes causing Martha to elbow him.

“Alright. I’m sure he’ll get over it”, she eyed both Matilda and Jack who were laughing.

“Ahh, we’d love to stay and chat with you kids”, Tony butted in, but we have things to do, don’t we Rach?”

“Sure do”, she smiled and waved as they walked away.

“So what are you two up to today?”, Jack asked, wrapping his arm around Martha. She giggled as he kissed her cheek a couple of times.

“Nothing with yous”, he shook his head as him and Matilda both stood up. “I don’t think I could last a day with you two. When is this whole lovey dovey thing going to stop?”

“Ahh never!”, Martha grinned and shook her head back at him. “We’ll see you later then?”, she laughed.

“Yeah okay, bye”, he looked at them both strangely before leaving.

They both sat there in silence for a couple of seconds, Jack now resting his chin on Martha’s shoulder.

“And then there were two…”, he sung.

“You’re such a looser”, she nudged him.

He laughed. “Takes one to know one”, he stuck out his tongue.

“Alright you 5 year old”, laughing she pressed her lips up against his. “Let’s go for a walk”, she said before kissing him again.

At Martha’s…

He kept staring at her. He couldn’t help it. Was she being serious? He paced back and forth around the kitchen, keeping his vision on her.

She was just standing there. The biggest of all smiles on her face. Her hair tucked behind one ear and her legs shuffling on the spot with excitement, nervousness, she didn’t know.

She had been thinking about this for ages. It didn’t mean to come out, but it did. She fiddled with the hem of her top as she tried to wait patiently for him to say something. It was killing her, what if he said no, thought it was all a stupid idea?

But she couldn’t help but smile, it was all so huge she had to use all her will power to keep herself from jumping up and down.

He leaned back on the kitchen bench and sighed. A smirk creeping up on the corner of his mouth. At first he thought she was joking, he didn’t get it and laughed at her. But she was serious!

In all the time he had known Martha, she had never been so crazy. Wait, what was he talking about? Of course she was this crazy. The girl who did a nudie run in broad daylight, the one who had gotten there wedding together in a week and the same girl who had made them go skinny dipping. She was daring… and stubborn! When she wanted something, that was it, she would do everything to get it. He had always admired that about her, was this one of those times?

He moved slowly towards her, looking helplessly at her cheeky grin. He wanted this. He knew he did, but was this the right time?

“I can say it again if you didn’t hear me properly”, she laughed, fascinated at the state he was in.

All he did was stare at her intently. There, standing in front of him, was the love of his life, his best friend. His smile grew wider, he had made up his mind, this was the right time.

A pout formed on her lips. “Jack?”, she flicked her lip with her finger to emphasize her pout.

“Okay”, he said in a muffled voice.

“Okay what?”, she carefully questioned him. She needed to make sure that this was what he wanted. Sure she would be upset if he said no, but he needed to know for sure.

“I want it all”, he smiled, his voice growing louder with excitement. “I want a wedding and a big house, with kids. I want you to be my wife again”

She laughed as he picked her up in his arms. “Me too. Then I won’t have to call you Jack, I’ll call you Husband”, she giggled.

Placing both feet on the ground she wrapped her arms around his neck. Pulling her in closer he could feel her breath on his skin, he smiled as he leant forward and captured her lips.

-----------------------

Next Chapter: More fluff :wub: haha… I think next chapter will be the last one though!

Archived