The Aftermath

Guest matticus01

Chapter 31

“Get out...!’ Aden screamed as he screwed his nose up into an angry frown and covered his ears.

“Sorry little bro, can’t do that...’

“Sean..... donnnnnnnnnnnnnn’t, please dont...’ Aden pleaded with his older brother as Sean laughed evily and patted Aden on the back of the shoulders.

“How long has she known, Aden?’ Sean watched as Aden shook his head vigorousley in denial as he started pacing the room back and forth trying not to listen to Sean bring up his past... their past.

“It doesn’t matter Sean, just go...please!’ the whispered croak in Aden’s voice made Sean laugh as he knew he had finally gotten to him.

“I cant do that little brother, you see, she knows and we promised each other that no one would find out... you broke your promise and now everyone is going to know what a wimp you really are...’

“Lucas whats going on?’ Matilda rushed into the bedroom and saw Lucas standing there with horror look of shock presented on his face.

“Luc...’ Matilda whispered as she walked over to him and looked at him, following his gaze as they stumbled on the crib where two children lay.

Walking over to the crib and looking down at her children, stopping in her tracks when she saw that the both of them had blue lips. Panic quickly rising throughout her body, she leant down and pressed her two fingers on both hands up against the babies necks to feel for a pulse.

“Luc...’ Matilda said after a moment.

“Call an ambulance... NOW!’ she screamed as Lucas blinked a couple of times before rushing out of the bedroom.

“SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, NOW!’ Aden screamed as he paced around the room, his hands up against his ears and then anger dwelling in his eyes as his chest became tight and he started to panic.

“Why, because I ran off, Justin left and you were the only one left to deal with dad and grandad and what he did to us... in that house, oh come off it Aden, why do you think I got into so much trouble, why do you think my attitude changed so much... BECAUSE I KNEW... I KNEW HE WAS DOING IT TO YOU AND JUSTIN AND I WAS TOO SCARED TO HANDLE HIM MYSELF...’

“SHUT UP... GET OUT... DON’T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ELSE...’ Aden screamed as the tears screamed down his cheeks

“WE MADE A PACT ADEN, AND YOU BROKE IT... NOW SHE IS GOING TO PAY...’

Sean didn’t even get to finish his sentance as Aden lunged at him and started throwing punches at his older brother. First he started punching him in the guts as Sean let out loud screams of pain before Aden started punching him in the face.

Face red and blood red anger building up inside him as he finally lost it. Face and palms sweating and his chest tight and breathing panicking as the tears rolled down his cheeks as bright red blood started forming on Sean’s face and Aden’s hands. Jumping to his feet Aden saw one of Belle’s scarves on the dressing table and grabbed it before kicking Sean and rolling him over onto his stomach and tying up his hands.

Looking down at the now unconcious Sean made Aden feel alot better, not realising what he was doing he got to his feet and and started rumaging through the draws in the bedroom to find something, anything to make him pay... and he was going to!

“I’m sorry Mattie, there was nothing we could do...’ Rachel explained as Matilda shook her head and repeated the words “No!’ over and over again before clutching her hands up against her mouth as her knee’s went weak and her legs gave way as she fell forwards, Rachel grabbing hold of her as screams of pain overwhelmed her and she screamed out in cries as the tears screamed down her face.

Lucas who was standing behind Matilda, looked on in shock at what he had just been told, he couldn’t believe it was happening, it couldn’t be happening, this wasn’t real.

Turning around, Lucas felt a lump form in his throat as he leant up against the wall and closed his eyes, taking in some deep breath’s before collapsing onto the chair beside him.

“Is there anyone I can call for you both?’ Rachel asked as she helped a distraught Matilda onto the chair next to Lucas as the girl couldn’t stop the tears from runing down her cheeks. Her face was a pale white and her eyes glassy, red and puffy. Her whole body was shaking uncontrolably and her chest was tight and constricted.

“Mum...’ Matilda sobbed in a kind of whisper as Rachel nodded and turned to walk off, with a sympathetic look on her face.

Arriving home, Belle found the back door open and walked inside, seeing Aden’s key’s straight away and made her way toward the bedroom. Pushing her door handle down, she was shocked when the door didn’t open.

“Aden...’ Belle spoke as she tapped on the door gently, listening as she heard a rustling sound coming from the other side of the door.

“Aden let me in...’ Belle spoke as she heard the lock on the door latch go to the other side. Pushing the door open she was shocked to see the state Aden was in. His eyes were red and puffy and his knuckles were grazed and were starting to bleed.

“Aden... what...?’ Belle started but stopped as her eyes darted around the room, resting on a lump figure curled up in the corner of the bedroom.

“What is going on?’ Belle yelled as she pushed past her boyfriend and ran over to the man who had been tied up on her bedroom floor, tape etched across his mouth and a blind fold across his eyes along with Belle’s scarf tying him up around his hands.

“He’s scum Belle... He was going to hurt you... because you knew... I could n’t let hiom... I couldn’t and he... knew and didn’t do anything... he ran away... and let my grandfather do that stuff to me.... he has to pay...’ Aden’s voice was scratchy and stumbling and he was shaking slightly as Belle reached down beside Sean to check for a pulse.

“Aden... No one deserves to die like this.... no one, let the police deal with him... but please... if you do this, your going to go to jail and I wont be able to see you anymore...’ Belle was now starting to cry and Aden could see the pain in her eyes.

“Your right... this has to end now...!’ Aden replied sternly as he exited the room, returning within minutes holding a knife and the phone.

Her eyes were red and puffy and she was still a pale white as she walked along the path, she didn’t really know where she was heading but she just walked. Stopping when she saw the house, she lingered her thoughts for a moment before forcing herself to walk forward.

As she reached the front door she could hear the tv going. Pulling the screen door open she heard the tv switch off and entered the house, standing just inside the door as he got to his feet and walked toward her.

“Hey...’ he whispered as she whispered a croaky “Hey’ in return. Pushing a piece of hair away from her face she looked down as he reached her.

“I know it’s late...’ Matilda whispered as she sniffled a snob and wiped her eyes.

“No its ok, whats up...?’ he asked as the tears started falling down her cheeks again.

“They’re dead...’ Matilda started sobbing as Ric walked toward her. “My babies died...’ she said as she let herself fall into Ric, feeling an instant safeness as he held her tightly.

“I’m sorry...’ she whispered after a moment as she pulled back and pooked up at him. “I didn’t mean to use you as a tissue...’ she said as they’re eyes suddenly connected.

Stepping forward as they’re lips were only inches away. Looking up at him as she felt the warmth from Ric as he leant down and pressed his lips up against hers as she wrapped her arms around his neck and they let the passion overcome them.

Chapter 32

Click here to Watch!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mattie & Ric

Sorry, I just love them

Well your not going to love me very much then lol. sorry hunni :P

Oh wow.Mattie and Lucas losing the babies, that was just so raw, and the fact Ric was the first person she went looking for felt so right.

Oh, yeah, and Aden was in it as well.

Yes I thoguth Mattie and Lucas didn't have anything dramatic happen, and something like this is very sudden and can happen so quickly, and I thoguth well Mattie and Ric have been denying their feelings for so long throughout this fic that I wanted Ric to be the person she turned to for comfort, and also because of her secret she is hiding not only from Lucas but also Ric!

That was amazing! I hope Aden's not going to do anything silly.

Poor Matilda and Lucas. Can't be anything harder that losing your babies.

Yes I agree completely!

Great chapter.

Sad that Lucas and Mattie lost their babies. Was it SIDS? :(

Whoa to Aden! He can't do anything stupid. :o He better let the police deal with it or he will end up in jail

Update soon

There is an explanation about it in the next chapter, which is below.

So............................. Enjoy guys :)

Chapter 32

“Aden... No please dont do this...’ Belle yelled as Aden threw the phone at her as it landed in front of her.

“Call the cops Belle...’ Aden spoke as he walked over to Sean and bent down beside him with the knife in his hand as Belle scrambled to her feet, grabbing the phone and dialing ‘000’

Leaning down, Aden pulled the blind fold off Sean as Sean tried to adjust his now, concious but blurry eyes to the light. Grabbing Sean’s hair Aden reffed him up and whispered ever so gently in his ear so only Sean could hear as Belle was up at the door talking to the Police.

“Your lucky I’m not going to kill you... bro!’ Aden threatened as he took the knife and cut the piece of hair that Aden was holding, making Sean fall back down to the ground with a thud.

Belle who had hung up the phone ran over to Aden and looked at him as he looked down at Sean.

Aden...’ Belle whispered as the tears trickled down her cheeks. “Aden please...!’

Looking into Belle’s eyes made Aden’s heart break that she had to see him like this, instantly he dropped the knife and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly, scared that if he let go she would disappear.

“I love you Belle...’ Aden whispered as he started sobbing quietly, digging his head into her shoulder as she quickly wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly, not wanting to let go of him.

“I love you too...’ Belle whispered back as she rested her head into Aden’s chest and closed her eyes, waiting for the police to arrive.

She crept around the room, picking up her shoes before looking at his peacefully sleeping frame. Tiptoeing out of the bedroom and down the stairs and entering in the loungeroom she looked around. It was now very dark outside.

Slipping her shoes on, she crept toward the front door and opened it before gently pushign the screen door open.

“Leaving are we...?’ Matilda stopped in her tracks before stifly turning around and looking at him standing there wearing nothing but a pair of boxer shorts, hair pushed up behind his ears and a disappointed look on his face.

“That shouldn’t have happened... I’m sorry, I need to go...’ Matilda replied as she also pushed a piece of hair behind her ear and looked down at the floor in disgustment of herself.

“Mattie...’ Ric started but Matilda cut him off.

“I need to go... I’m sorry!’ Matilda whispered as she turned and ran out of the house. As she ran down the road, she came to a caravan and leant up against the back of it before leaning over as she started sobbing quietly to herself... How could I do that... I’m such an idiot! Matilda thoguth to herself as she sobbed quietly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Two Weeks Later)

She lay on her bed, curled up in a ball and hugging her pillow as she sobbed gently. Her face was a pale white and her hair was all messed up and her make-up had run and a wet black patch could be seen on her pillow where she had been sobbing uncontrolably.

Standing at her bedroom door, Irene watched on, saddened at the distraught sight of her foster daughter as a tear appeared from the left corner of her eye as she felt so useless that she couldn’t do anything to help her.

Walking inside, Irene climbed on the bed and crawled over to Belle, resting one hand on the girls side and rubbed it soothingly as Belle looked up at Irene, pushing a piece of hair out of her face and screwing her face up, sobbing uncontrolably once again as her mind trailed back off to a few days ago.

“Mr Jefferies, what you did was serious and if it wasn’t for Miss Taylor, you probably would have killed your brother... Let me tell you this is not to be taken lightly... you took the law into your own hands...’ The judge spoke as Aden stood in front of him, listening as the judge spoke with little remorse or emotion in his tone of voice.

“So on the charge of kidnapping... I find the defendant not guilty on the prospect of not being in the right state of mind and protecting someone close to you...’ The judge spoke as Aden remaind still, glancing sideways at Belle and seeing her tear stained face and red, puffy, blotchy eyes. She wasn’t crying at the time, she had finally stopped and Aden thought he saw a grateful sigh part from her lips.

“On the charge of attempted murder... I find the defendant... guilty...’ The judge spoke as Aden heard a heart melting piercing scream of ‘No!’ before loud sobs errupted through the room.

“Quiet...’ The judge boomed as Aden looked over at Belle as he saw Irene wrap a protective arm around her and whisper something in her ear as she choked back sobs.

“In addition to this I am sentancing Aden Jefferies to a maximum of 8 months inprisonment with a parol period of one year...’ The judge finalised as he picked up the mallet and bashed it up against the desk as Belle screamed out to Aden as two police officers walked over to him, helping him to his feet and taking him away as Belle collapsed to the ground, all color draining from her face as her puffy red eyes beamed with tears once again and Irene leant down, cuddling the distraught teen.

Walking int the bathroom after finally settling Belle down and watching as the girl slept peacefully. Irene looked in the mirror and turned on the tap before leaning down and splashing water on her face. Switching the tap off Irene reched over and picked up the towel and patted her face before looking down as her eyes caught onto something.

Leaning down, Irene picked up the box and turned it over, mouth dropping open as she read the box. Looking down again she saw a small stick in the bin and leant down, picking it up and turning it over, seeing the two small pink lines in the middle of the stick Irene gasped before looking back into Belle’s room.

“Oh my lord...’ Irene whispered to herself.

She sat on the beach and stared out at the sea, so many thoughts were running through her head as wind whipped through her hair and she held a bottle of whiskey in her other hand. Looking at the full bottle, she contemplated whether or not to open it, with so many emotions running through her head.

Looking at the bottle once again she opened it and looked at it, before pressing it against her lips and starting to skull it, screwing her face up as it burnt her throat before taking another mouthful of it.

“Matilda...’ She shot her head in the direction the voice came from and saw her walking toward Matilda.

“Cassie... what are you doing here...?’ Matilda asked as she put the lid back on the bottle and sat it down beside her.

“Lucas called, told me what had happened... i’m guessing he doesn’t know yet?’ Cassie said as she stood in front of Matilda looking down at her.

“Not now Cass...’

“Then when Mattie... when are you going to tell him... tomorrow, in two months, in two years... WHEN?’

“I WASN’T...’ Matilda screamed as Cassie shook her head.

“Look, having one child die from SID’s is bad enough, let alone two... but when you find out the kids arn’t even Luc’s... you have to tell him... it’s not the hospital’s fault they made a mistake on the paternity.... and Ric sure as hell deserves to know...’

‘NO... CASSIE... THEY DONT... IT’S MY LIFE... MY BABIES THAT DIED... NOT YOURS... JUST LEAVE ME ALONE...’ Matilda screamed as she picked up the bottle, scrambling to her feet and running off down the beach as Cassie looked on, wondering what had happened to the honest, responsible Matilda that she used to know.

Chapter 33

Irene confronts Belle about the test

Matilda drinks herself to dangerous low's

Cassie goes to see Ric, and after some drinks......'

Thanks for all your lovely comments.

here is the next chapter :)

Chapter 33

Walking out of her bedroom and into the kitchen the next morning as she rubbed her red and sore eyes, she saw Irene sitting at the table with a coffee cupped in both of her hands.

“Morning Irene...’ Belle muttered as she walked into the kitchen and pured herself a cup of coffee before walking back in and looking at Irene who looked up at her and then looked at the table.

Belle followed Irene’s gaze as her eyes fell upon the stick sitting in front of Irene on the table.

“You went through the bin...?’ Belle enraged as she raced forward, picking up the stick and shoving the coffee down on the table in anger.

“No Belle... I stumbled upon the box and then found that underneath it... why didn’t you come to me?’ Irene replied as Belle lowered her head before gently looking back up at Irene.

“I guess I just... I... I dont know...’ Belle replied as Irene sighed and also sat down her cup before reaching over and taking Belle’s hand.

“You know you can tell me anything love... anything at all... dont you?’ Irene asked as Belle nodded.

“Yeah I know Irene I...’ Belle started but stopped as she frowned. “I was waiting for the right time... and I miss Aden... so much...’ Belle mumbled as she pulled the chair around, taking a seat next to Irene.

“How far along are you love?’ Irene asked as Belle looked up and shrugged her shoulders.

“I have an ultrasound at 12:00...’ Belle replied as she sighed and took hold of the cup of coffee and took a small sip. “Could... could you come with me?’

“Oh... love of course I’ll come with you...’ Irene replied as Belle smiled softly.

She squirmed as she began to stir. Squinting her eyes as the sun beamed down on her body, warming her insides up gradually after a cold and bitter night after Matilda had passed out after finishing that bottle of whiskey.

Groaning as she felt her head thumping fiercly as she struggled to force herself to sit up. The smell of alcohol on her body made her feel sick and she was a ghostly pale white. Sand was covering one side of her body and had entangled itself throughout her hair and her mascara and eye liner had run and had smeared out around her eyes.

Groaning again, she lifted one hand and pressed in her right temple and rubbed it in a circular motion before looking around her surroundings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ric was walking along the path heading toward the Surf Club to open up Noah’s Bar for Alf that morning. The sun was beaming down brightly from the sky, and even though it was still pretty early in the morning, there was already heat and hot air radiating throughout the Bay.

Looking down at the beach, Ric noticed someone stumbling to get to their feet, stopping for a moment he noticed the blonde hair and clothes she had worn when she had come to see him.

“Mattie...’ Ric yelled as he ran down the path and toward her as he reached her he yelled out her name again and tried to help her but she pushed him away from her.

“GO AWAY... LEAVE ME ALONE... GET AWAY FROM ME...’ Matilda screamed as she pushed Ric away and stumbled further down the beach before falling over her own two feet and landing face first into the sand as Ric watched on in horror.

“Mattie...’ Ric sympathised with her as he started wlaking toward her ocne again.

“Just... go...’ Matilda said as she pushed herself up and stumbling to her feet again.

“Just let me hel-‘

‘GO AWAY!’ Matilda now screamed as she finally managed to bring herself to stand up and swung around, looking at Ric before turning back around and stumbling off down the beach.

Midday soon arrived as Belle and Irene soon made their way into the hospital. Belle was resting one hand on her stomach and looking quiet nervous and Irene was also looking quiet nervous that something might be wrong.

“You ok love?’ Irene asked as Belle looked at her, nodding unconvincingly.

“Yes and no... I dont know why Im so nervous... maybe having the ultrasound... will make it all the more real...’ Belle confided as Irene nodded and took her hand, squeezing it gently.

“I just dont want to do this alone Irene...’

“Hey... girly... lsiten to me... youi wont be alone, you have me, Geoff, Mattie, Ric, all your friends...’

“But I wont have Aden with me...’ Belle cut back in as tears formed in her eyes, threatening to spill down her cheeks once again.

“Oh... love...’ Irene whispered as she pulled Belle into a hug as Belle wrapped her arms tightly around Irene and dug her head into the crook of her neck.

Walking into the Surf Club, she looked around to see if anyone was around, seeing that it was clear she rain into Noah’s Bar and ran behind the bar and into the Store Room which was luckily unlocked.

Gently she pushed the door shut and looked around searching for what she wanted. She walked around the shelves looking at the bottles of alcohol perched up on the shelves, screwing her nose up at some of them, until she found the bottles of vodka.

Smiling sweetly she picked up two bottles and made her way back out of the storage room, hearing voice she ducked in through the gym door and hid behind it and watched as two people walked past the other door, sneaking through the gym, Matilda snuck out the other door and left the Surf Club undetected.

Or so she thought...

“Ok Belle, this will be a little cold ok...’ the woman spoke as she pulled Belle’s shirt up and squirted some clear gel on her lower stomach as a shiver travelled up Belle’s spine.

“Ok now I am going to put some pressure as I do your ultrasound..’ the woman spoke as she pressed the gadget onto Belle’s stomach and pushed it around as a small heart beat sounded out through the ultrasound machine.

A small smile spread across Belle’s face as she turned and looked at Irene who was also smiling as she held Belle’s hand.

Looking back at the screen Belle suddenly saw a black hole and a small body inside it.

“There we go Belle...’ the woman said pointing the the black hole with the small body inside. “There’s your baby right there...’

“Irene...’ Belle whispered happily as she squeezed Irene’s hand and looked at the smiling lady sitting beside her.

“Can you tell me how far along I am?’ Belle asked looking back at the lady who nodded.

“You are about 6 weeks pregnant, I cant tell the sex until atleast your 12 week scan but would you like a picture to take with you?’ the woman asked as Belle nodded.

“Yes please...’

“I’m just saying, she’s changed, and not for the better...’ Cassie spoke as both herself and Ric were sitting on the couch having yet another beer.

“Yeah but Cass, both her and Luc just lost both their kids...’

“They weren’t even Luc’s...’ Cassie said as she gasped as Ric’s head turned and looked at her.

“What...’

“Nothing...’ Cassie quickly yelled before skulling the rest of her beer.

“Cass... what do you mean?’ Ric asked as Cassie looked at him and sighed loudly.

“They weren’t Luc’s kids... Ric... They were yours...!’

Chapter 34

Ric confronts Matilda about Cassie's confession

We find out what Aden's going through in prison

Belle contemplates time without Aden

Thanks so much Lise, Aden+Belleforever, ~Adellefanever~, Red Ranger 1, xknomex and Sam27# lol, im so glad that your all still reading my fic, even if your not an Aden/Belle fan, it doesn't just include them :) so thanks so much for reading and I hope you all enjoy this chapter :D

Chapter 34

He sat on the hardened bed in his orange suit, staring at the picture of her. He sighed at how much he missed her, wondering what she was doing, how she was coping without him there, she had seemed a little strange when they talked on the phone. He knew that she would have been crying but it was like she was scared of something.

His mind trailed back to their phone conversation.

"So how are you really?' Aden asked as he heard a stiff sniffle come from the other end of the phone.

"Ok I guess, I miss you though...'

"I miss you two... so what are you up to?' he asked as he looked around, making sure no one could hear their conversation.

"Nothing... just... lying down...' Belle's reply was oddly strange and her voice was crackling like she was lying to him. Maybe it was just the phone.

"Ok I have to go, my times up... I love you...' He said down into the phone.

"I love you too Aden...' came her soft reply before he hung up.

"Hey... Jefferies...' came a cold, dark voice from outside his cell.

Aden looked up and sighed as he saw who it was, he was dreading this...

"What do you want...?' Aden asked un-bemused as the man cackled a stiff laugh.

"I want to finish what we started...' the man replied coldly as he walked forward, making Aden whimper for a moment.

As the man approached Aden, Aden quickly hid the picture of Belle back under his hardened, brick like pillow and scrambled to his feet and backed into the wall as the man smirked evily at him as he was now only mere inches away.

“Whats the matter Jefferies… I thought you liked it like that… well that’s what I’ve heard anyway… taking up the…’

“SHUT YOUR MOUTH…’ Aden threatened as his chest tightened and he clentched his fists in agrrivation and the anger ran through his eyes as the man grinned and took another step forward.

“I just don’t think I can do it Irene…’ Belle replied as Irene pulled her her into the driveway and turned off the engine.

“Love, you can do this, don’t under estimate yourself…’ Irene replied as they both exited the car and headed toward the house as Belle waited for Irene to unlock the door so they could enter inside.

“But by the time Aden gets out of jail, I’ll be just about due to have the baby, and I wanted him to be around for everything Irene…’ Belle said as she rested her hand on her stomach protectively.

Irene who had noticed this smiled and leant up against the fridge as Belle leant against the counter. Belle who had noticed Irene grinning like a little school girl raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“What…?’ she asked as Irene laughed.

“Look where you hand is girly…’ Irene replied as Belle looked down and back up at Irene who nodded.

“Who said you cant do this… because you’re already starting to love… it takes a woman 3 minutes to bond with her baby once she finds out she’s pregnant so already your instincts are starting to kick in…’ Irene replied as Belle looked a little overwhelmed before lunging forward and throwing her arms around Irene and hugging her tightly.

“Thank you!’ Belle spoke softly as Irene hugged her back and smiled.

“Just give it time love, if you don’t think about it too much, you’ll realize that it’ll be time for Aden to get out of jail…’ Irene soothed her as Belle nodded in Irene’s shoulder’s and pulled back.

“Now comes the hard part…’ Belle spoke as Irene looked at her confused.

“Telling Geoff…’ Belle answered as Irene gave an ‘Oh!’ face and nodded gently.

She sat on the beach, drowning herself in her own pain as she downed the rest of the first bottle of Vodka that she had stolen from the Surf Club store room. Her head was aching and her eyes were bloodshot red. She dared not to stand up because she knew that she had drank more than her body weight in alcohol and would just topple back over again so she just sat there, silently listening to the waves crashing up against the rocks and the salty air that she breathed in made her feel even worse, and, to make matters worse she desperately needed to go to the toilet.

“MATILDA…’ the voice echoed throughout her head like a bad nightmare as she dropped the empty bottle onto the sand next to her and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Don’t… yell…’ Matilda whispered as she refused to look up at who ever was talking, well more like yelling at her.

“I have a head ach-‘

“I DON’T CARE… WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME…?’ Ric yelled as he reached Matilda and pulled her to her feet as she felt a sudden spell of dizziness overcome her and she stumbled backwards and to the side before grabbing hold of Ric’s shirt and looking at him for a moment.

“Riiiiiiiiic…’ Matilda felt a lump form in her throat and her stomach doing back flips as she looked up at Ric with her watery eyes.

“What?’ Ric asked as his tone softened slightly, watching as Matilda kept swallowing as her adam’s apple worked over time to stop her from bringing everything back up.

“I feel s-‘ she stopped suddenly as she leant forward, head down, holding onto Ric as her stomach churned and she felt it come tearing up her esophagus so fast that she couldn’t even finish her sentence, gagging as she bought up everything in front of Ric, making him gag, trying not to be sick as well.

Chapter 35

Matilda wont accept anyones help...

Belle tells Geoff about her pregnancy, but with his strong belief's, how will he take it?

A surprise couple return to the Bay

Thanks so much everyone Im glad you all like and dont forget to wach my new series on youtube :)

hope you enjoy this chapter

Chapter 35

The next day rolled around really smoothly as a new day dawned on the Bay. The birds were chirping and the breeze was calm as Belle emerged from the bathroom the next morning, rubbing the towel through her hair as she saw Geoff sitting at the table, shoving two, to three mouthfuls of cereal into his mouth while reading the paper.

Walking into her bedroom, Belle threw the towel on the bed and walked over to the dressing table and grabbed her moisturizer, squeezing some into herhands and rubbing it over her face before walking out into the loungeroom and taking a seat next to Geoff.

“Morning…’ Belle spoke as she poured herself a bowl of cereal.

“Mor’ing’ Geoff mumbled through a mouthful of cereal.

“Ummmm… listen Geoff, we… we need to talk…’ Belle looked up at Geoff as he stopped half way with a spoon ful of cereal mid air and looked at Belle.

Swallowing hard as he put the spoon back down inside the bowl, Geoff looked strangely at Belle.

“Ok…’ he said.

“Geoff… I’m pregnant!’

He watched her sleeping frame, her touseld hair and darkened eyes as she cradled the duvet tightly, eyes flickering as she began to roll over.

Ric looked up as she began to open her eyes, stirring gently as her eyes adjusted to the light and she looked around, trying to figure out where she was.

“Goooooooooooooood!’ she groaned as she clutched her hands up to her head as Ric got to his feet, holding a glass of water and two asprin as he walked over to her bedside.

“Mattie…’ he whispered as she looked up at him and groaned again before eying off the asprin.

“Here, take these… they’ll make you feel better he said as he sat them down on the bed side table and looked at her before turning and leaving the room, so she could wallow in self pity.

10 minutes later Matilda walked downstairs and into the lounge to see Ric and Jess sitting at the table, both turning to look at her. Matilda could see the pity for her in there eyes, something she did not want, nor need at this time.

Looking at Ric once, she turned on her heels and raced out the kitchen door before either could say anything to her or tell her what she could or couldn’t deal with, because right now, she didn’t want to deal with anyone.

“How could you be pregnant… you and Aden aren’t married…’

“Yeah but that doesn’t stop us from having sex Geoff…’

“But that is not gods will… you shouldn’t be having sex before marriage…. It’s, it’s just not right Belle…’ Geoff screamed as he jumped to his feet and looked at Belle, disgust painted all over his face as he raced out the door, leaving a stunned Belle sitting there, tears brimmed in her eyes as she wiped them away, just as Irene came downstairs in her dressing gown and looking rather grumpy as she had just been woken up.

“What in blue blazes is going on?’ she yelled as she looked at Belle sitting at the table.

“Oh love, you told him didn’t you?’ Irene asked as Belle nodded before closing her eyes.

They drove past the ‘Welcome to Summer Bay’ sign and smiled as the sweet smell of salty air errupted throughout the car and the cool blue ocean came into veiw along with the white, yellow sand and the edgy blue skys and green shrubs and grass.

Pulling over the man and woman exited the car and leant up against the fence leading down to the beach.

“God it’s good to be home…’ he said as he put his arm around the woman.

“I know, I’ve missed this place so much…’ she replied as she looked up at him and smiled as he gave a warm, loving smile back.

“Well, come on Tash, let’s go and see Irene’ he spoke as Tash nodded and both entered back into the car and drove on down to Irene’s to surprise her.

Chapter 36

4 months have passed, we see whats been happening.

Tash and Robbie want to stay in the Bay

A new resident sets their sights on a pregnant Belle

Chapter 36

Slowly, the days in Summer bay turned into weeks, which slowly merged its way into months. After many failed attempts by Ric to try and help Matilda, Robbie and Tasha had finally convinced the young teen to check into a rehab clinic and get some proper help.

Geoff had finally come around to Belle being pregnant and had given his blessing and support to the teen, even though it still made him a little uncomfortable about the situation.

Lucas and Cassie had become so close that they were now living under the same roof and spending every day together and some drinks even sleeping in the same bed but neither had been ready to take things any further with the other.

Irene had helped Tasha and Robbie find a place to live where it had a big back yard for a now 3 year old Ella to play in and both Tasha and Robbie were planning on having another baby so as to give Ella a brother or sister.

Belle who was now very much showing off her baby bump had received a letter from Aden every day since he was put in jail and had very much replied back to him. Belle had also told Aden that she was pregnant and wished that he was here with her to help and see the entire goings on, Aden was ecstatic and told Belle that when he got out he was going to do everything in his power to be a great dad.

Jess moved away from the Bay once she found out that Ric was still in love with Matilda and even told him that he was a gutless prick for not telling her soon enough and leading her on the way he did.

----------------------------------------------

She let the flowing top fall over her head where it slid over her supple breasts and her baby bump. Searching for a pair of shorts, she rummaged through her draws, finding a black pair of shorts she pulled them on and buttoned them up before turning and looking in the mirror, resting one hand on her now, visible bump and smiling as she rubbed her hand around in circles.

Turning she walked out of her room where she saw Geoff sitting at the table doing what looked like homework.

“Last minute homework before school?’ Belle asked as Geoff shot his head up and looked at her, sighing before nodding.

“I thought you were Irene, its just this last paragraph I’m struggling with…’ Geoff replied as Belle took a seat next to him.

“What is it?’ she asked.

“History, Romeo and Juliet. I cant put into words why Juliet faked her death by taking the poisen’ Geoff spoke as Belle nodded and pulled the book over to her before studying it for a moment.

Handing it back to Geoff, she thought for a minute.

“Well Juliet was being forced into a marriage to someone by her father, someone she didn’t at all know or love and that made her feel defeated because her father made her feel like she couldn’t make her own decisions. And because she was already married to Romeo, some one that her family had been at war with for centuries, and not just Romeo but the whole family. Juliet felt that there was no other choice and that if her family thought she was dead that her and Romeo could finally be together.’ Belle replied as Geoff’s mouth had dropped open as he looked at her.

“Geoff, close your mouth, you’ll catch a fly…’

“Ummmm, sorry… thanks, so much Belle…’ Geoff smiled as he wrote down everything he could remember in his book before snapping it shut.

“You’re the best…’ Geoff replied as he jumped to his feet, kissed Belle on the cheek, picked up his school bag and ran out of the house.

“Ummm, thanks…’ Belle mumbled as she laughed once Geoff had left.

----------------------------------------------------

He walked into the Diner and looked around, taking in the new surroundings as he saw an oldish looking lady making coffee near the register.

“Excuse me…’ he said as she looked up.

“Oh hello, new here are we… my names Colleen Smart…’ the older lady spoke as she smiled broadly at the young blonde.

“Hi, Jason Rosetta…’

“Ohhhhhh you don’t happen to be Constable Angelo Rosetta’s relation…’

“The one and only… listen I’m looking for the cop station… can you tell me?’ he asked as he ran his fingers through his blonde hair.

“Oh sure I’ll write them down love… be back in just a jiffy…’ Colleen chirped as she walked back into the kitchen and out of sight.

Turning around, Jason looked around the room, studying each and every person in the room, looking at the door just as a brunette, tall, pregnant girl entered, glowing features.

Watching as she walked over to a blonde haired boy with fair skin and a brown haired girl with dark skin he was mesmerized by her, somewhat drawn to her.

“That’s Belle Taylor, lovely young girl she is… poor shame her boyfriend and father of her child is in jail at the moment… but she is such a strong girl, going through this pregnancy alone…’ Colleen chirped as Jason just watched her.

“Yeah…’ he replied as Colleen passed him the directions and walked back of into the kitchen, leaving him to stare at Belle, each passing moment falling for her.

“Belle Taylor…’ he whispered to himself.

Chapter 37

Jason introduces himself to Belle, but doesn't get a very warm welcome

Ric goes to see matilda at the Clinic

Like there weren't enough Rosetta's in the world

I was thinking could Aden get out of prison early on good behaviour??

I agree about the Rosetta's but it's a twist no doubt.

And to your question, I was thinking about it, not sure yet!

God theres more of them!! i thought Angelo on his own was bad enough lol

Yeah I know how you feel, but I didn't want it to be Angelo that cracked onto Belle in this Fic, you'll see that Angelo in this is actually the good guy!

I'm glad that Aden knows that she's pregnant! I was worring that you would make it so that she wouldn't tell him until he got out.

Yes I was thinking that too, but thought that it would be better for Aden to know, you'll see why in the next few chapters coming up!

And Lucas and Cassie?That's a relationship that would have been interesting to see...

But what's happening with Aden?(And I cannot believe I just wrote that sentence...)I predict quite a few reasons for him not to be a happy bunny.

I cant believe you just wrote that either :) as I explained to Taniya_K, you'll see in the next few chapters coming up!

Yay! Robbie and Tash are back. I miss them.

I miss them too Lise :(

Great chapter, loved the summary at the beginning, but Jason better not break up Adelle

Now, would I be that mean? actually, dont answer that lol!

Great chapter. Liked reading the summary. Good to hear Geoff had come around and showed his support to Belle :) Update soon

Yes, Geoff and Belle have formed a close bond since Annie's death and I really wanted to show the up's and down, as this chapter will provide!

anyway, no more rambling, enjoy guys, oh and please check out my creations :)

Chapter 37

He followed her as she walked along the beach, watching as her hair whipped through the wind as she held both her hands on her stomach protectively.

Running to catch up to her, he ran in front of her, startling her for a moment as she clutched her chest to get her breath back.

“I’m sorry..’ he replied as she nodded and smiled.

“It’s ok…. Really…’ Belle replied as he looked into her emerald green eyes as she returned the stare for a moment before looking down.

“Oh sorry, my names Jason… Jason Rosetta…’

“As in Angelo’s…’

“Brother yeah… you’re Belle right?’ he asked as she looked back up at him as she decided whether or not to answer.

“Uh… yeah!’ Belle replied as he smiled, this time she didn’t return the smile.

“How far along are you?’ he asked as she looked down at her stomach and then back up.

“Nearly 6 months… my boyfriend…’

“Is in jail, yeah I know…’ he replied as she shot a look at him.

“Oh Colleen…’ he started but she gave an angry laugh and rolled her eyes.

“God can no one keep there mouth shut, look… Jason… is it… nice meeting you but I’m taken, I’m pregnant and I don’t want to know you and I’d like it to stay that way so… goodbye…’ Belle said as she took one final look at Jason before walking past him, leaving him standing there, shocked and hurt at her rejection.

He stood outside the Clinic contemplating whether or not to go inside, whether or not he could stand seeing Matilda the way she had been when she was drinking herself to death.

Taking a deep breath he walked forward and entered inside the Clinic and up to the reception desk.

“Hi…’ he spoke as a dark haired woman looked up at him. “I’m here to see Matilda Hunter, Ric Dalby…’

“Wait one moment please…’ the lady spoke as she turned and walked off down the hall and out of sight.

Looking around the surroundings, the creamy colored bare walls and unusually quiet atmosphere made Ric feel somewhat uncomfortable.

“Mr Dalby…’ Ric spun around and saw the woman standing there once again. “Follow me please…’

Following the woman down the long corridor he peered into each room, seeing boys, girls, men and even women staring back at him before the woman halted and Ric accidentally ran straight into her.

“Hunter…’ the woman spoke as Ric looked into the room and saw her sitting on the bed looking right back at him.

“Thanks’ Ric said as he walked forward, watching as she got up from the bed and looked down at the ground.

“How are you?’ he asked as she looked up at him.

“Ok I guess… dealing…listen Ric…. I’m… I’m so… sorry…’

“It’s ok’ Ric replied as Matilda looked at him for a moment before lowering her head once again.

“Mattie, do you remember me saying something to you on the beach?’ Ric asked as Matilda looked up, screwing her fore head up before shaking her head.

“No… what?’ she asked as Ric swallowed hard and took a deep breath.

“Cassie told me…’

“Oh god…!’ Matilda whispered as tears begun to sting her eyes, threatening to spill down her cheeks as her legs began to wobble. “She told you, didn’t she?’

Ric looked at Matilda, unable to speak so instead just slowly nodded his head as he watched her cloth her hands over her mouth as her legs gave way and she fell forward as Ric raced forward and grabbed her, holding tightly onto the now sobbing blonde.

Later on that afternoon Belle walked through the door and sat down on the couch and closed her eyes. She couldn’t believe the day she had just had, especially with Angelo’s brother, and she was not happy with Colleen for telling a complete stranger almost everything about her. Boy was Belle going to have words with that nosey so and so.

“Belle!’ the voicey screamed echoed throughout her ears as her eyes shot open and she saw Geoff burst through the kitchen door.

“What, whats wrong…?’ Belle asked getting to her feet just to have Geoff throw his arms around her in a tight hug.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you so much if it wasn’t for you…’

“Wow… Geoff, calm down and tell me what your thanking me for…’ Belle asked as Geoff pulled back and looked at her amused form.

“Ummm, oh yeah sorry… I got an ‘A’ in history for my assignment…. The teacher said that I worded that last paragraph impeccably wonderfully and that helped me get an ‘A’ so… thank you…’ Geoff replied lunging forward again and wrapping his arms around Belle as she laughed for a minute before hugging him back.

“I thought your boyfriend was in jail…’ came a dark voice as both Belle and Geoff pulled away from each other and looked at the kitchen door to see the man standing there.

“He is and that is none of your business anyway…’ Belle replied sternly as she crossed her arms over her chest and frowned at him.

“Ummm, Belle…’ Geoff whispered, leaning toward Belle.

“Then whose he?’ the man asked as Geoff stiffened again, eyes wide.

“Well if you must know, Geoff here is my brother now if you don’t mind… Get lost!’ Belle threatened as Geoff gave an unconvincing smile as the man at the door smiled evilly, turned and left.

“Ok… Who was that?’ Geoff asked, turning and looking at Belle, as she looked back at him, fear appearing in her eyes.

Chapter 38

Angelo tells Belle some stuff about his brother

We see whats been happening to Aden in jail

Cassie and Lucas kiss....

Chapter 38

A knock on the kitchen door made Belle jump as she sat in her room. Hearing footsteps she heard Geoff’s voice and another male before Geoff appeared in Belle’s bedroom door.

“Belle… Angelo’s here…’

“OK, thanks Geoff!’ Belle replied as Geoff nodded and disappeared again.

Climbing off the bed Belle looked in the mirror and brushed a piece of hair away from her face before walking out into the lounge where Angelo sat.

“Angelo, thanks for coming so quickly!’

“No worries Belle, what’s up?’

“It’s about Jason… your brother!’

“Next!’ a loud voice screamed across the hall as Aden held his plate out, watching as a severely over weight woman pulled something out of a pot and put it, letting it fall like a slushy blob on his plate.

“Thanks’ he whispered as the woman nodded.

“Next!’ she screamed again as Aden walked off, picking up a plastic fork on his way.

“Hey Aden’ a male called across the room as Aden looked up, giving a small smile and walking toward the man.

Taking a seat across from the man, Aden picked up his plastic fork and started playing with the slop on his plate.

“Geez mate, what happened to your face?’ the guy asked as Aden looked up as the guy studied his bruised face.

“Fight man…’ Aden replied letting go of the plastic fork.

“So how’s Felicia doing?’ Aden asked.

“Ahhh ya know, cant wait till I go home… wants to get married… how’s Belle?’

“Pregnant…’

“What… mate congrats…’

“Thanks Tom, she wants me home, thank god I’ve only got 3 months left in this place but by the time I get out… she’ll be just about due to have the baby… at least I’ll be there…’ Aden smiled as he spoke about Belle, which made Tom smile as well.

Tom was Aden’s cell mate and had been in prison almost two years now since he was found guilty of murdering his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend. Tom didn’t regret ever doing it and was happy to meet Aden because he knew how Aden felt.

“Listen mate, when I finally get out of here… do you think Felicia and I could visit you and Belle… you’ve been a true mate these last few months…’ Tom asked as Aden looked up before nodding.

“Sure…’ he replied.

“Hey Jefferies…’ a voice came from another table behind Aden as Aden sighed and rolled his eyes.

Turning around Aden looked at him as the smile disappeared from his face as the man gave an evil smirk.

“I thought you would have given up from what happened to you last time…’ Aden spoke as the smile soon disappeared from the mans face and replaced by trembling anger. Sneering he swung back around leaving Aden smiling from ear to ear as he slowly began to turn back around but winced as he held onto his ribs.

“Mate, whats wrong?’ Tom asked as Aden looked up, his eyes full of pain.

“Broken ribs, nothin’ major…’ Aden replied as he once again picked up the plastic fork and started eating the slop on his plate.

“Belle… I want you to pack your things and go to the city…’

“I cant do that… I wont be scared of him Angelo…’

“Belle you don’t understand…’ Angelo yelled as Belle was a taken back by Angelo’s forwardness.

“You have a baby to think about now… Jason is dangerous… 4 years ago… he met this girl in a town where I was working… she looked similar to you and was also pregnant, she had a fiancé but Jason wouldn’t believe that she was meant to be with him, Jason wanted her all for himself… started… started stalking her, leaving her notes, presents, photo’s of herself that he had taken… in the end, he… he killed her boyfriend and drugged her before dumping her body in the lake and waiting for the police, for me to find him… he’d been in a mental institute ever since, till now…’ Angelo spoke as tears had formed in Belle’s eyes as she clutched her stomach.

“Belle, I couldn’t protect her… and I cant protect you… you need to go… pack your things, get Irene and Geoff if you want and go to the city…’

“No… NO!’ Belle yelled as she got to her feet and started pacing back and forth in front of the couch.

“I… I wont let him drive me out of town… I wont be scared of him… I wont leave Angelo…’ Belle screamed as she stormed off into her bedroom, leaving Angelo sitting on the chair, now very worried for her safety.

He unlocked the front door as they both entered the house laughing in hysterics as Lucas tripped over the couch, falling backwards as he grabbed onto Cassie and both of them fell on the floor, Cassie landing on top of Lucas as she rested her head in his chest as they continued to laugh.

Lifting her head up, Cassie looked at Lucas, as he caught her gaze and stared intently back at her, caught in the moment as he gently lifted his head as Cassie leant down.

Their warm breath hitting each other’s face as they kept their gazes firmly on each other, a fierce, fiery passion overwhelming the both of them, something they had never felt for each other before as Lucas reached one hand up and pushed a piece of hair behind Cassie’s ear before reaching his other hand up and cupping her cheeks.

Leaning in, Cassie pressed her lips firmly against Lucas’s as they kissed each other gently, each kiss becoming more intense and harder as they became consumed in passion, their bodies melting into each other as one.

Chapter 39

Angelo confronts Jason, warning him to stay away from Belle

Lucas and Cassie agree to keep their relationship a secret for a while

Matilda and Ric talk about the death of the twins

Thanks so much for all you lovely comments, it's nice to know you all still like this fic :)

Next chapter :)

Enjoy

Chapter 39

She sat on one of the dunes, further up along the beach so she was hidden and could be left alone as the waves crashed up onto the rocks not much further up along the beach and the wind blew gently through her hair as she sighed.

She couldn’t believe it had come down to this, fearing for not only her safety but her unborn baby, and her family because of some stranger she didn’t even know. Things weren’t supposed to be like this, both she and Aden had come through one bad stint after another and it seemed that their good luck wasn’t going to come any time soon.

Angelo’s words swum around in Belle’s brain, working her into a state that not even she noticed as she crinkled her forehead and her eyes glistened with tears threatening to spill down her cheeks at any moment.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a letter which had been folded in half twice and looked at it before unfolding it and staring at the writing on the envelope. It had Belle’s name and address on it and it was Aden’s handwriting.

A tear trickled down her face as she quickly wiped it away before turning it over and pulling the letter out of the already opened envelope.

Opening up the letter she started reading it.

Dear Belle,

I miss you so much, every day I stare at your picture, waiting for another day to go by until I can finally leave this place and be with you again, you and the bub.

Talking about the bub, do you know whether it’s a boy or girl, or are you waiting until get out until you tell me lol, please babe, this is driving me insane not knowing.

Did I tell you I met this guy, he’s my cell mate, been in here for two years already for murdering his girlfriends ex, he gets my feelings and when he gets out, both him and his girlfriend are going to come and visit us, him, you and the bub are what keeps me going in here.

I had some trouble a couple of months ago with some other guy, but he wont be bothering me anymore which is a good thing. Just think about it Belle, not long now until I can come home to you…

Well I have to go, we only get an hour for sport and working out so will wait for your letter babe.

I love you

Aden xx

She read the letter over and over again, smiling a little more each time as she read the last three words, words she hadn’t heard in so long.

I love you…

Looking up at the ocean she watched as she waves had calmed down slightly and the smell of salty fresh air calmed her nerves down. Resting one hand on her stomach, she rubbed her hand around in circles.

“It’s going to be ok…’ she whispered to the growing bump on her stomach. “It’s all going to be ok...’

“Hey Mattie…’ Ric said as he took a seat opposite Matilda at the clinic. Smiling slightly Matilda reached her hand over to Ric’s and took his hand, entwining her fingers with his before looking up at him.

“I’m so… so sorry… I didn’t tell you Ric…’ Matilda whispered as Ric nodded and put his other hand on top of Matilda’s as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“I just wish I could have had the chance to know them… to hold them even…’ Ric replied as Matilda nodded and with her free hand, reached into her pocket and pulled out a photo before handing it over to Ric.

Looking down at the photo, Ric smiled as he gently picked it up before looking back up at Matilda.

“It’s my 24 week ultrasound scan…’ Matilda spoke as a tear appeared in Ric’s eyes as Matilda continued to speak. “I just feel like… like I’ve failed them Ric… I was supposed to protect them and I didn’t…’ she started sobbing as she wiped away another tear which had escaped its way down her cheek.

“I just wish you could have told me, because in the end… I failed you Mattie…’

“No… Ric… you haven’t’ Matilda cut over the top of Ric as she squeezed his hand as he looked at her again.

“You never failed me… ever!’ Matilda warned as the tears started flowing down her cheeks. Pushing himself off the chair, Ric pulled Matilda to her feet and into him where he hugged her tightly, letting her once again sob into his shirt as she hugged him back, resting her head just underneath his chin.

“HEY!’ Angelo screamed as he walked into the Diner, seeing Jason sitting at one of the tables. Storming over to him, Angelo scruffed Jason by the scruff of the neck and pushed him as Jason’s chair flew backwards and into another table. Pushing him hard up against the door frame Angelo was fuming as his face was only mere meters away from his brothers.

“Nice to see…’ Jason started but was cut off by Angelo’s sneering as he pushed his forward and back into the door frame again.

“Stay the hell away from Belle…’ Angelo threatened as both Irene, Roman and Colleen emerged from the kitchen to see what all the commotion was about, only to see Angelo face almost as red as a tomato.

Roman almost instantly flew toward the men and broke them apart as Angelo seered with anger, only to get a cold hearted laughed and a smirk from Jason as Roman looked at them both.

“What is going on?’ Roman said as Angelo lunged forward again, only for Roman to grab hold of him and pull him away again.

“Why don’t you ask him!’ Jason laughed as he took one final look at Roman and Angelo before leaving the Diner.

Turning and looking at Roman and Irene Angelo sighed before running his hands through his hair.

“You’d better sit down!’

AN: Ok, so I said that Cassie and Lcuas was going to be in this chapter, but instead i've put them in the next chapter so dont worry about that bit, they are in the next chapter :)

Chapter 40!!!

Belle tell's aden about Jason

Irene tries to convince Belle to go to the city

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments, it means so much to me :)

Chapter 40

“Oh my godfather…’ Irene spoke as she clasped her hands over her mouth in horror. “Have you told Belle this?’

“Yes and she wont listen to me at all,’ Angelo replied as Roman was also shocked that he had broken up the confrontation in the first place. “She reckons she isn’t going to let him drive her out of her own town but… Irene… she doesn’t know what he is capable of,’

Irene sat there, completely stunned at everything she had just heard and even though she could see where Belle was coming from, she was worried not only for Belle, but for the baby as well because with everything Belle and Aden had been through lately, they couldn’t lose this baby.

“I’ll talk to her… I’ll make her see sense…’ Irene said as Angelo sighed and looked a little more relived that Irene was going to try and talk to Belle.

“Tell her that if she is worried about Aden, I can contact him and let him know what’s happening and pass on a different address for him to write to her…’ Angelo said as Irene nodded her head and jumped to her feet.

“Ok, will do love and… thanks for letting me know,’ she finished before she removed her half cut apron, handed it to Roman and exited the Diner to find her foster daughter.

Hey Aden,

I miss you so much, every day I wish I was with you, just to get a kiss or hug from you. Every day is a struggle just to get by but then all I have to do is look at my growing stomach and I remember that I have a piece of you with me all the time.

No I don’t know the sex yet, I really don’t want to know until the baby is born, unless you want to know, I have an ultrasound tomorrow so I could find out for you if you want me to.

Aden I have to tell you something, I’m really scared. Angelo’s brother showed up in town today and… well lets just say that he’s not taking the hint to leave me alone. He kept staring at me in the Diner while I was talking to Cassie and Lucas, and then he followed me down onto the beach and well, he didn’t take my rejection nicely.

And just before Geoff was hugging me because I helped him on an assignment and this guy showed up, demanding to know who Geoff was and that I said you were in jail. Angelo wants me to go to the city for a bit because apparently the last girl Jason fell for also rejected him and had a fiancé, Jason killed her boyfriend and then drugged her, and her unborn baby as she was also pregnant and drowned them in the lake.

Aden, tell me what to do… please!

I don’t want to put our baby at risk, but I don’t want to be driven out of town either, not by someone I only just met, it’s not fair.

Well I have to go now, will wait for your letter

Love you,

Belle xx

She sat the pen down and folded the paper in half and halved it again before slotting it inside the envelope, licking the fold and pushing it over to seal it. Climbing off her bed she left her room and had just sat down at the table when Irene raced through the door. Looking up, Belle saw the look on Irene’s face to tell Belle that she knew.

“Don’t…’

“Why didn’t you tell me Belle?’ Irene stated as she put her hand bag down on the bench and walked over to Belle, pulling up a seat next to the pregnant teen.

“Because I didn’t want to worry you,’ Belle replied as Irene gave an exaggerated laugh before shaking her head.

“Love, you have a baby to think about now, Aden isn’t here to protect you so its up to you to look out for you and the baby,’ she spoke as Belle lowered her head, elbows on the table and head resting down on her hands.

“I know ok, I know. I’ve told Aden and if he tells me to go to the city then I will, but only until he gets out, I will not be driven out of town because of some low life I don’t know…’ Belle courageously spoke as her eyes told a different story, a story of fear.

“Belle, love,’ Irene stated but Belle shook her head in disagreement before looking up at Irene.

“No Irene, I won’t. I have an ultrasound tomorrow and I’m not going to miss out on it, if I have to I’ll lock myself in my room and you can just say I have left but I don’t want to go ok, I have a life to live,’

“But love, locking yourself away in your room is not living your life… and its not healthy either,’ Irene cut in as Belle looked at her foster mother again before letting go a loud sigh and banging her hand on the table.

“I wont be forced into leaving Irene, if I leave then it’ll be because I don’t want to put my baby in jeopardy… now I have a letter to post,’ Belle finished as she pushed herself up, picking up the letter and exiting the house, ready to post her letter to Aden, explaining everything.

She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of the drainer, pouring herself a glass of water. Turning around and leaning against she counter, she stared at the door as she began to steadily drink the water. Stopping once she had downed half the glass.

Tipping the water down the sink Cassie went and made herself comfy on the couch before picking up the t.v remote and switching it on just as she door opened.

“Hey,’ Lucas said as he pushed the front door shut and jumped over the arm of the couch, as Cassie laughed and wiggled over to make room for him.

“Hey yourself,’ she replied as she looked back at the t.v.

“I was thinking, after all the drama with Mattie and everything I don’t think I’m ready for people to know… about us,’ Luc explained as Cassie looked at him, running her hand through his hair.

“Its ok, I understand and for what its worth I think it’s sexier, more mysterious if we keep it between us, just for now at least,’ she finished with a seductive grin which only made Lucas laughed before leaning in and stroking her hair for a moment before giving her a tender, lingering kiss on the lips which lasted for moments.

Chapter 41

Jason puts his plan in motion

Lucas and Cassie become even closer, but who will discover their relationship?

Belle has a go at Colleen!

Archived