The Aftermath

Guest matticus01

Here is your chapter guys :unsure:

Hope you like...

Chapter 11

Everyone sat there, watching as the two officers both spoke on the phone to someone they didn’t know, both officers looked quiet serious as they spoke. Geoff and Annie sat beside each other; Geoff was hugging his sister protectively as Annie just kept her head down.

Both Irene and Aden were watching the police. Just as Aden looked away he heard a scream come from the bedroom. Jumping to his feet he raced toward the scream, racing into Belle’s room, closely followed by Irene, Geoff, Annie and the two officers.

“Belle…’ Aden yelled as he ran in, seeing his girlfriend in tears in the corner of the floor.

“What’s wrong?’ he asked, running over to the hysterical girl as she was completely inconsolable.

Shaking uncontrollably as the tears ran down her cheeks, Belle pointed to the small object which had hit the bed and fallen down beside it. Aden looked, seeing her mobile phone and leant over, picking it up and reading looking at the screen before sighing and handing the phone who also read it, gasping as Geoff and Annie looked on in confusion at what was going on. Irene handed the phone to one officer as the man studied the screen before reading aloud.

I’m coming for you Taylor…

Matilda walked along the beach; she needed some fresh air as so many things had happened in the last couple of days which were really starting to get to her. Stopping, she turned towards the ocean as the breeze gently blew through her hair. Closing her eyes she heard the soft whispers of the wind whip past her ears, the soft sound of the ocean singing in the day and suddenly she heard something else, two voices yelling in the distance.

Opening her eyes she turned her head to where she heard the voices, the two people she hated most in her life, the two people she’d never trust in her life again.

Watching them closely she saw that both of them looked outraged and were mere inches away form each other yelling, the guy looked even more angry and looked almost red in the face, the girl was just as angry and was waving her arms around in the air.

Matilda started walking forward, step by step as she moved closer to the pair as she could finally start to hear what they were saying.

“I know what we agreed but I’m out… I’m not doing this anymore…’ the blonde haired girl yelled.

“We agreed to do this… You can’t back out now just because you’re feeling… SAFE… with some god damn guy…’

“Oh yeah well at least I didn’t come back just to try and win Mattie back for her money that she doesn’t even know she has… you know your pathetic…’ the woman yelled as the guy raised his hand and hit her hard across the face.

She put the phone back down on the bench and looked down at the time and date on the piece of paper as she carefully placed a hand on her stomach, feeling somewhat sick, not because of her pregnancy but because she was doing such an un-catholic thing in two days by aborting her baby which was a sin in ‘Gods’ eyes.

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she exhaled. She couldn’t tell him she was pregnant, he was married and already having a baby with his wife which was actually due in a little less than two weeks. No I wont tell him, I’ll just have an abortion and that’s it, It’ll be all over. Melody thought to herself as she opened her eyes and studied her eyes around the overly quiet room.

Placing the phone book back in it’s rightful place she had an instant urge to go to the toilet, running down the hallway she ran into the toilet and shut the door.

Minutes later she re-emerged and entered into her bedroom right down the hall, stopping dead in her tracks at who was standing there in her bedroom.

“What are you doing here… You shouldn’t be here…!’ she panicked as she shut her bedroom door, forgetting that her parents were out of town at the man standing in her room.

“I needed to see you…’ He replied as he looked her straight in the eyes with a look of passion evident on his face.

“Why the hell didn’t you contact anyone about this? This man is dangerous…’ Jack yelled into the phone as he paced back and forth in the lounge room at Irene’s house.

“Ok fine… I want 24 hour surveillance on this house… Yes this is serious so hurry up and make it happen…’ Jack yelled as Irene watched him with concern taking over her face and body as she fumbled with her fingers.

Hanging up the phone he looked at Irene just as Aden walked out of the bedroom, closely followed by Belle, Geoff and Annie.

“Love… you should be in bed…’ Irene started as Belle walked over and sat on the couch.

“Can’t sleep…’ she replied as Aden sat beside her, Geoff and Annie walking over and standing behind Irene.

“Belle…’ Jack started as belle looked up at him. She looked so tired as her face was pale and the bags under her eyes said everything. Looking up at him, she crossed her arms over her chest, trying to protect herself.

“What… what is it?” she spoke softly as Jack walked around the couch and bent down beside her.

“I’m sorry to have to tell you this but… Drew Curtis is out of jail…’

Zetti, now you have to update coz I did :D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here it is guys, hope you like it :D

Chapter 12

She struggled to get the key in the hole as her hands shook with uncertainty about what she had overheard just before. Finally sliding the key in the hole, she turned the key, her hands shaking uncontrollably as she heard a click and raced inside and straight over to the phone and picking it up.

She dialled the numbers in the phone as her hands kept shaking, making the phone shake as well before she placed the phone up to her ear.

“Hello… I’d like the number for Beth Hunter in Paris please…’ Matilda spoke as she was put on hold and the Vila phone opera music started playing in the background. Tapping her fingers on the desk in front of her, frustrated at how long it was taking.

Slowly she took in a deep breath and spun around, dropping the phone instantly at the person standing there in front of her.

“Hey Mattie… Miss me…?’ The cold, dark voice spoke as he suddenly grabbed her arms.

She sat there in shock trying to absorb what had just been said to her. He is out of jail, how could he be out of jail? Why did they let him out of jail?. Belle sat there just staring at nothing as Aden walked through the door from outside carrying two letters.

“Belle…’ Aden spoke softly as Belle looked over at him.

“Letters for you…’ He spoke as he made his way to her and held out the letters which she pushed away,

“You open them…’ she replied in a soft tone.

“Ok…’ He replied as he looked at the first letter and ripped it open before reading it out loud.

Dear Belle,

I am sending you this because I know Drew is out of jail and will kill Peter and I so I wanted you to know and I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before… I just… I couldn’t find the right words to tell you this…

Belle I know you have been through so much since Drew kidnapped you and you nearly lost your life but I hope that you will want to do this as much as I did.

Enclosed is a photo, please look at it before reading on…

Aden reached inside the envelope and pulled out a picture and looked at it, a bit confused. Handing it to Belle who also looked at it.

“It’s me…’ Belle said gently as Aden then continued reading the letter.

Belle… I’m guessing you have looked at the picture and thought it is you… Well honey… it’s not!

Looking over at Aden Belle was suddenly curious as to what Amanda had meant by that. Jumping to her shaky feet she took the letter from Aden before continuing.

Her name is Lilly Butler and… She is your twin sister…

She wiped the tears from her face as she walked up the path towards the Caravan Park. Stopping at the closed front door she fixed her hair before opening the door and walking in.

She gently closed the door and leant up against it as the tears threatened to spill from her eyes once again. Tears that she was not willing to tell Ric about anytime soon. Taking a deep breath she wiped her eyes once again before re-locking the door and making her way upstairs and back into Ric’s room.

Closing the door she snuck back over to the edge of the bed, undressing herself once again before she climbed back gently into the bed, covering herself with the duvet, placing her head on the pillow and closing her eyes as she once again heard small snores coming from the sleeping man beside her.

“You cant be here… what if someone had saw you… you have to go…NOW!” Melody screeched at the man as she pushed him towards her bedroom window, looking outside to make sure no one was there before pushing him toward it.

“Melody please… I need you… I want you so badly…’ he replied as she shook her head sternly.

“No… we cant… if you are found here that is it… Please… just go…’ she pleaded with him as he took hold of her hands and held them in his, looking her in the eyes.

“Melody… I… I love you…’ The man spoke as Melody froze on the spot, a lump forming in her throat as she once again began to feel sick.

“I cant… just go… please…’ she whispered as the tears formed in her eyes, her cheeks turning red, not from embarrassment but guilt.

“Don’t you love me…?’

“Of course I love you Brad… but please go…’ Melody pleaded again as Brad slowly nodded his head, climbing back out the window and disappearing from sight.

Chapter 13

Mattie is missing... Who has her?

How will Belle react to the letter from Amanda?

The other letter sends Aden into turmoil... what was it about?

Meldoy goes to the clinic, will she go ahead with the abortion?

Sooooooooooo sorry about the long wait guys...

but its here . . . :)

Enjoy . . .

Chapter 13

“This… this can’t be happening… I can’t have… No I don’t have…’ Belle stumbled to say as everyone; even Irene had a look of complete shock

“Belle… Love did you have… any… idea…?’ Irene asked as Belle shook her head.

“I… no… mum never said…anything…about it, at all…’ Belle choked in shock.

“Belle…’ Aden spoke as she looked up at him.

“What about your other letter?” he asked as she shrugged.

“You open it…’ She replied stiffly as she got up from the couch and walked past them all, into her bedroom and closing the door behind her leaving everyone else standing in the lounge.

Aden looked at Irene before opening the letter and scanning the contents. Looking at Irene he watched as she got to her feet and walked into the kitchen, while he kept reading his eyes widened and he clasped his hands up against his mouth in shock.

Looking back at the kitchen, making sure Irene wasn’t looking at him, he quickly folded the note back up and reached inside the envelope, pulling out a bunch of photo’s and scanning through them.

Watching as his mouth widened open again, he quickly put them in his back pocket along with the note and left sneakily out the other door.

I have to see Ric. Aden thought to himself as he made his way to the Caravan park to talk to Ric about what someone had just sent Belle…about him.

She slowly opened her eyes and groaned in pain; reaching her hand behind her head she felt a lump. Adjusting her eyes as she scanned the room was difficult as every now and again her eyes blurred.

Crawling to her feet she walked towards the door, gripping hold of the handle she turned it and was a little surprised that it turned, pulling on the door she pulled it open and popped her head out of the door and looked around.

Slipping out the door she turned left and walked along the narrow corridor before stopping by a set of stairs. Looking down it she saw him standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting for her.

“Hi…’ he said as she backed up against the wall.

“It’s good to see you Mattie…’

“D-Drew… what… what do you want?” Matilda stumbled as he slowly walked up the stairs toward her watching as she stood rigid on the spot.

“What do I always want Mattie…?’ Drew replied as he kept walking up towards her, ruffling his hair out of his face.

“I… Belle…’ Matilda stumbled as she swallowed a lump that had formed in her throat.

“Good guess… but no… not always Mattie…’ Drew replied as he got to the top of the stairs and walked toward her, placing one hand on the wall above her right shoulder and the other around her waist as she struggled to push him off her.

“I want sex…’ Drew replied as he pulled her into him, grabbing onto her neck and pushing backwards as they both hit the wall with a thump.

“No… Drew get…off… get off me…’ Matilda pushed at him as he nibbled on her neck forcibly.

Hitting his chest she screamed in pain as she pushed at him as he suddenly lost his footing, keeping hold of her as they both fell and tumbled down the stairs instantly losing consciousness.

“Yabbie Creek clinic please…’ Melody spoke as she shut the door of the taxi and clipped her seat belt.

“Sure young lady…’ the woman replied as she put the car into drive and sped off away from the house in which Melody had just emerged.

She looked out the window watching as the white blue ocean and clear blue skies came into view. She smiled slightly as she enjoyed the view outside the window, watching as the sea side view turned into a passing of trees.

Fifteen minutes later she opened her eyes as they car slowed to a stop outside the Yabbie Creek clinic.

“That’ll be $22.50 love…’ the woman spoke as Melody nodded gently, reaching into her purse and pulling out her money.

Climbing out of the car and shutting the door, she waited until the car had left before she took a few steps forward until she was standing at the entrance. Taking a deep breath she grabbed hold of the handle, closing her eyes before pulling on the door as it swung open as she re-opened her eyes and walked in.

Walking up to the desk she waited as a lady walked behind the counter and looked at her.

“Can I help you?” the lady asked as Melody took a deep breath and nodded gently.

“Melody Jones, I… I have an appointment…’

“Ahhh yes Melody… take a seat and the doctor will be with you shortly but can you please fill this out first…’ The lady said as she grabbed a chart with a piece of paper on it and picking up a pen.

“Uhhh… sure…’ Melody replied taking them and walking over and taking a seat before starting to fill out the form.

“So… what are you going to do…?’ Ric asked as Aden shrugged and took another gulp of his beer as both boys sat out the back.

“I don’t know, I went this long without her finding out and now someone is messing with her… messing with me” Aden replied as Ric took a deep breath.

“Well I’m surprised you went this long without her finding out, I mean she can sniff out a liar a mile away…’ Ric spoke as Aden laughed.

“Man I’m serious she new when I had feelings for Cass again way before I new… I mean telepathy much…’ Ric jumped as Aden smirked and took another drink from his beer.

“Well you must have been pretty obvious. I want to tell her but I’m scared she’d think I’m weak or something…’ Aden replied as Ric laughed.

“Mate, you and Belle have been together for over two years now… There’s no way she’d think that, not after everything you two have been through together…’ Ric replied as both of them turned toward the kitchen door as they heard movement coming from inside.

“Oh… here you are…’ the blonde spoke as she spotted Ric and Aden, her smile soon disappearing when she saw Aden, as did his when he saw her.

“I’ll ummm… can I have a shower?” she asked as Ric nodded.

“Sure the towels are in the top cupboard just after the stairs…’ Ric replied as the girl smiled at him, turning and walking away leaving the two men once again.

“What… the hell Ric…’ Aden lowered his voice as Ric shrugged.

“What you cant have the girl so you’ll have her cousin, is that… that’s not right…’ Aden spoke in disbelief as Ric laughed.

“That’s not it at all Aden and you know it…’

“No I don’t…’ Aden cut in.

“Melody Jones, were ready for you…’ The woman spoke as she emerged from a door.

Taking a deep breath she rose to her feet, feeling a little queezy as she forced herself to follow the lady down the hall.

“Just remove your clothes, put this on and lay down there for me and the doctor will be with you in a moment…’ the lady spoke as melody swallowed hard and nodded gently, watching as the lady left her to do what she had been said to her.

I cant believe I’m doing this. Melody thought to herself as she slowly started removing her clothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------

She opened her eyes and screamed out in pain as her vision blurred into normality. The searing pain that was jolting through her body felt like she had been stabbed thousands of times.

She looked around the room as she heard another moan of pain, a male voice as she slowly pushed herself, much to her despair to her feet, stumbling to the closest door she turned the handle and pulled…nothing

Stumbling toward another door she turned the handle and reefed it open as a blinding light burst into the room, knocking her back on her bottom as she heard her name being yelled.

“Matilda… get back here…’

Struggling to get back to her feet, she forced herself as her tailbone was now searing with pain, finding it much harder to move. After a minute of struggling she was finally standing on two, although very wobbly and sore feet, she managed to keep her balance as she bolted out the door.

Chaper 14

What has Aden been hiding from Belle for so long?

Will Matilda escape Drew's clutches?

Will Melody go ahead with the abortion?

Belle makes a decision that may change her future, forever

here it is guys

A little bit long but hey lol

hope you like :D

Chapter 14

“I’ve got to get home before I get yelled at for not telling Belle where I went…’ Aden spoke as Ric laughed.

“Man, you’re whipped…’ Ric spoke as Aden punched him in the arm as Ric ‘owed’ and rubbed his arm.

“Theirs is nothing wrong with being whipped, but no I’m not…mate…’ Aden grinned.

“Well… are you going to tell her?” Ric asked as Aden’s grin disappeared.

“And what do I say… oh Belle I know were happy and everything but my grandfather sexually abused me as a kid, I got counselling and then got drunk and got another girl pregnant… sure I think she’ll take it ok…what about you…?’ Aden sarcastically spoke as Ric laughed.

“Ok I get your drift mate…’ Ric replied as Aden nodded and waved to his mate before leaving.

She held her breath and kept completely still as she listened to the footsteps walking past the bushes. Closing her eyes she was silent, not making a noise and as she gently re-opened them the footsteps were subsiding.

Finally letting go a soft sigh, she waited a couple more minutes before climbing out of the bushes surrounding her. Looking both to her left and right to make sure no body was around before she ran.

Once she had gotten to the corner of a street she saw that she wasn’t far from Belle’s house, actually it was only the next street down. Looking around again Matilda double checked she was alone before the turned left and ran toward the only people who could help her. As she ran she felt somewhat dizzy, swaying from side to side as she veered to her left again as she saw Irene’s house come into view.

She could smell the fresh salty breeze as she turned down the path and zoomed through her garden and through the back door as Irene, Geoff and Belle all looked up in shock.

She fell into the bench as she heard Irene screech out her name and the horror look on Belle’s face before she blacked out.

She sat outside the clinic waiting as the tears poured down her cheeks. She couldn’t believe she had just done that, had just committed a sin… had just had an abortion…

Wiping her eyes and choking back a few sobs she watched as a cab pulled up out the front of the clinic. Struggling to get to her feet, clutching the wall as the cab driver got out of the cab and helped her up; whimpering a ‘thankyou’ to him as he opened the door and let her climb in the back.

Buckling up her seat belt she cowered down gently in the seat as the cab driver returned to the driver’s seat and also buckled up his belt and asked her where she was heading. Giving him the address she rested her head up against the window and closed her eyes as the car drove off.

What felt like hours she was awoken by the cab driver as the last hour rushed through her head making her grumble in disappointment.

Handing over the money she emerged from the cab and stood at the pathway to her house as the cab drove off. Feeling disgusted in herself she rushed towards the house as fast as she could (which wasn’t that fast) and ruffled through her bag.

Finding the house keys she unlocked the door, slamming and locking it behind her and rushed to her bedroom where she also closed her window before dropping her bag on her bed and rushing to the bathroom.

Removing her clothes, she grabbed the towel off the rack behind the door and walked over to the shower. Turning on the taps she dropped the towel to her feet and stepped inside the shower as she felt the pressure of the water hit her body and head. Slowly she turned the cold tap until it was almost off before she grabbed the skin brush and started scrubbing at her body, crying out in pain as she fastened and deepened the sharp ends on her skin.

As Aden walked through the door he was almost tackled to the ground as Belle took at him, throwing her arms around his body and hugging him tightly.

“What…’ Aden started before he saw Matilda lying on the couch with Irene and Geoff beside her with what looked like a damp cloth wiping her down.

“Thank god, I thought he took you…’ Belle sobbed hysterically into her boyfriend’s arms as Aden was a little shocked before wrapping his arms around Belle.

“Who…?’ Aden asked as Belle sobbed gently.

“Drew…’ Belle whispered as Aden sighed and hugged her.

“Why would he take me…?’

“Because he hurt Mattie…’ Belle sobbed breaking down into her boyfriend’s arms again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Twenty minutes later and the house was now being occupied by Belle, Aden, Geoff, Annie, Irene, Jack, Lara Fitzgerald, Matilda, Lucas and their twins, Ric who had decided it best to leave Jess back at his house, Nicole and Roman.

“Guys you don’t have to stay…’ Belle spoke softly as she rested her body gently against Aden who was stroking her hair.

Matilda was now awake and very sore as Irene handed her a camomile tea to calm her down a bit. Lucas was kissing her all over, worried sick that she had internal bleeding or something. Ric had rushed over when Irene rang to see where Lucas had been because Matilda was hurt, and Nicole and Roman had just popped over for a visit and got stuck into the middle of it all.

Jack and Lara had taken a statement from Matilda and were now double checking inside and outside the house before they left back to the station to put out an a.p.p on Drew.

“I was thinking…’ Belle said as everyone looked at her.

“What were you thinking?” Aden asked as Irene walked back in with mount less cups of tea and coffee for everyone.

“I was thinking… I want to find Lilly, see what she’s like…’ Belle replied as Aden smiled before kissing her hair.

“Can we go to the city tomorrow?” Belle asked as everyone looked a taken back.

“Are you sure your up for it love…?’

“Yes… no not really… but I want to do this…’ Belle replied as Aden smiled.

“Ok… tomorrow we’ll go to the city…’ Aden replied as Belle smiled gently and rested her head in his chest once more.

Chapter 15

Belle starts her search for Lilly

Drew plans his next attack

Aden recieves a message...who from?

Thanks so much for all your comments, it means alot :)

Here is the next vhapter, I didn't realise how long it actually was lol

Chapter 15

As a new day rose over Summer Bay and the birds chirped on the trees outside the houses. The fresh breeze skimming over the house tops and through windows, everything seemed perfect in the small seaside town… but things were far from perfect.

“Belle… Aden will you two hurry up in there, other people want showers too…’ Belle and Aden heard Irene yell to them through the bathroom door as the overly warm water pounded on their flesh as they hugged each other and kissed tenderly up against the wall of the shower.

Smiling gently as he rubbed her back and moved pieces of hair from her face, she closed her eyes and trailed her fingers over his back as he tenderly kissed her neck.

“Belle…Aden…move it…’ They both heard Irene yell through the bathroom door again as they then heard.

“Are they showering together…?’

“Yes…’

Smiling once again Belle reached over and turned off the taps as the water stopped, Belle resumed hugging Aden gently as he reached over and grabbed a towel and wrapped it around Belle who lifted her arms and took hold of it, leaning up and kissing him tenderly on the lips before pulling back the shower curtain and stepping out.

Grabbing another towel, Aden wrapped it around his bottom half before also stepping out and walking over to Belle, kissing her cheek before unlocking the bathroom door and walking across the hall into the bedroom as he heard the bathroom door close once again.

Closing the bedroom door Aden followed to get dressed.

She awoke in a daze as her back, head and most of her body ached in pain.

Grumbling she rolled over and looked at the clock sitting beside her bed before groaning again just as Lucas walked in with a hot cup and two white pills.

“Here…’ he spoke gently as Matilda rubbed her eyes and took the hot cup, smelling of coffee and the two white pills.

“There pain killers…’ he replied as she smiled weakly and threw them in her mouth and taking a small sip.

“Thanks…’ she whispered gently as Lucas took the hot cup of coffee and sat it down on the bedside table.

“How are you feeling?” he asked as he started stroking her arm.

“Sore, scared, violated…’ Matilda croaked as Lucas pulled the duvet up to her neck as she took hold of it and cuddled up to it.

“Well you just rest…today I’m looking after the twins ok…’ he said as Matilda nodded and smiled gently.

“Your amazing…you know that…’ she spoke softly as Lucas smiled and kissed her forehead.

“No I’m not, I’m just a boyfriend and a father…’ Lucas replied as he got to his feet and blew a kiss to Matilda before exiting the room.

Looking at the door, she sighed sadly before closing her eyes. She never thought she’d be missing Ric so much, she didn’t think she loved him anymore but seeing him last night made her feel stuff she hadn’t felt for a long time.

Pouring a cup of coffee he walked over and sat down at the table as his thoughts trailed back to last night. Why wouldn’t Mattie look at me? Did I do something wrong? Does she hate me? Does she still love me?. Ric thought to himself. Taking a small mouthful of his coffee he forgot that it was still very hot and almost instantly jumped to his feet as he burnt the inside of his mouth and tongue.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM. He seared in pain as Jess was suddenly seen walking into the kitchen from the stairs and started giggling.

“Forget it was hot did we…?’ Jess giggled as Ric finally swallowed the coffee in his mouth.

“Didn’t know it was that hot…’ He lied as Jess smiled and nodded before walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his waist.

“I know how to make it better…’ she seductively spoke as Ric raised an eyebrow and wrapped his arms around her.

“Is that so…’ he spoke back, intrigued by this woman.

“Oh yes… it is…’ she replied leaning up and kissing him gently on the lips before taking his hand and walking toward the stairs with Ric in tow.

-------------------------------------------------------------

He packed the final suitcase in the back of Belle’s blue car and shut the boot gently before walking back into the house where he saw a clearly stressed out Belle sitting on the couch with Irene.

“All done…’ he spoke as Belle looked up at him and gave him a small, unconvincing smile.

“You’ll be fine love…’ Irene commented as Belle nodded, clearly not taking in much of what was being said.

“Yeah…’ Belle struggled to say as Annie came rushing down the stairs wearing her school uniform and carrying her bag, closely followed by Geoff.

“Belle…’ Annie screeched as Belle looked behind her at the over excited girl.

“I have an idea…’ Annie said as she held up a black bandana.

“A bandana…’ Irene spoke as Geoff chuckled behind him before being slapped in the stomach by his sister who rolled her eyes.

“No Irene… A… blind fold…’ Annie corrected them as Belle looked a little confused.

“Well it’s been a while since you’ve seen the outside and… you’ve only started making progress which is great…’ Annie piped in.

“But you wont be used to going all the way to the city so… we put this on you and you take it off when your ready…’ Annie finished as Aden’s face lit up.

“Annie that’s a brilliant idea…’ Aden spoke up as Geoff’s mouth dropped open in shock.

“It is…’ Geoff, Belle and Irene replied at once as Annie smiled.

“Yes it is… Belle come here babe…’ Aden spoke gently as Annie walked over to him and handed him the bandana, watching as Aden folded it over and over again.

Getting to her feet she walked over to him.

“Ok…turn around…’ Aden spoke as Belle followed his orders as he put the bandana which was now a blind fold over her eyes as the room suddenly went dark. Feeling it tighten around her eyes she held out her hands as an instinct to feel her way around as she felt another pair of soft hands take hers.

“Ok…’ She heard say to her as she was carefully turned around.

“One step at a time babe…’ he said as he kept hold of her hands and carefully led her outside the back door and down the path to the car.

Annie rushed ahead and opened the car door as Belle followed Aden’s voice as he led her. Stopping her just outside the passenger seat he put her hands down by her side.

“Ok…’ he spoke as her breathing quickened a little.

“Your going to bend and sit on the edge of the seat, I’ll help you…’ Aden spoke softly as Belle nodded gently.

As he helped her sit down, she gently lifted one leg and moved it inside the car, doing the same to the second as Aden kept hold of her.

Sitting back into the seat, Aden reached over her and buckled her belt as she had now settled her breathing.

“Now you be good love…’ Irene said leaning into the car and kissing her on the forehead as she nodded.

“Come home soon…’ Annie said as Belle smiled gently.

“We love you…’ Geoff spoke as he leant in and placed a soft kiss on her cheek before pulling back and standing with Annie and Irene.

Looking at the blind folded girl in the car, Aden looked at the door before flicking the latch for child lock on and closing the door.

“Now Mr… You make sure you take good care of her… if you don’t…’

“Irene… I’ll look after her… I promise…’ Aden chucked in cutting off Irene.

“Alright… take care…’ Irene said pulling Aden into a hug, much to his surprise. Pulling back he greeted Geoff with a hand shake and a nod. Annie however threw herself into his arms and hugged him as he once again looked a taken back before carefully patting her back as she pulled away.

“Well… see you guys…’ Aden spoke as he walked around to the drivers side and got in the car and buckling up his belt.

Waving to them, Aden started the car and put it into drive before driving off down the road and out of sight.

He crept along the path with his hood covering his face and hid back pack over his shoulder. He had to move and fast, he hadn’t expected Matilda to escape and over power him like that and the police would have been alerted.

Looking down the path towards the beach he saw a small hut, it was abandoned and the windows were boarded over.

“Perfect…’ Drew said slyly to himself as he walked toward the hut. Grabbing two bobby pins he picked the lock of the door and walked inside, pulling a torch out of his bag and lit it up, illuminating the room which had a small arm chair and a bed inside. Closing the door he sat his bag down on the rusty old bed and pulled out a map.

Looking over it he smiled as he found her house and then when he was. He was now only a couple of minutes away from her bedroom window, everything was going according to plan… thanks to Matilda.

Sitting down on the bed, he rummaged through the backpack and pulled out a gun and loaded it, also pulling out a silencer and joining that onto the end of the gun.

“Two down, a few more to go…’ Drew sniggered as he looked at the map again.

His phone beeped as they drove along the road. They were about half an hour out of the Bay and Belle still hadn’t taken off her blind fold.

“Belle…’ Aden said as Belle looked to her right, seeing nothing but darkness.

“I was going to ask you to read the message but it’s ok…’ he said as she shook her head.

“No…I think I’m ready to take it off…’ Belle replied as her hands reached above her head and untied the small knot, letting the blind fold fall from her face into her lap as she looked around.

Closing her eyes she took a deep breath as she felt her heart beat fasten as her breathing quicken.

“Are you ok…?’ Aden asked, concerned for his girlfriend as she nodded gently.

“Not really…’ she replied. “Just give me a minute…’

Keeping his eyes on the road, he kept a close eye on Belle and saw her chest rising and falling a little too fast.

“Aden stop… Aden please stop…’ Belle quickly choked as she reached for the door handle and pulled as nothing happened.

“Belle you have to do this…’ Aden spoke gently as her breathing had now become very shallow and fast.

“Aden stop please…’ Belle begged him as she tugged at the dor handle, running her fingers through her hair after nothing happened.

“Belle I cant…’ Aden pleaded with her as a lump formed in her throat.

“Aden stop I’m going to be sick…’ Belle screamed as Aden then slammed on the brakes.

Chapter 16

Belle finds out about Aden's past... But not from Aden...

Drew attacks someone else close to Belle... but who...?

Matilda secretly visit's Ric...but why?

Ok seriously, how did my fic manage to get on the second page, in the space of one day? <_<

Ok over it . . .

So I dont like this chapter but I'll let you guys decide ok

Chapter 16

He kept his back turned as he listened to her bringing back up the contents that she had most likely had for breakfast that morning.

“Belle…’ He yelled over his shoulder. “You ok babe…?’

“No… Aden… I just spent the last ten minutes, throwing my guts up…’ Belle coughed as she spat to get the now lingering taste out of her mouth.

“Just asking…’ He replied as she turned around and walked up to him, stopping as she stood next to him.

“Sorry… I’m just not used to getting this far…’ she spoke as Aden pulled her into his arms and hugged her gently.

“It’s ok… It’s a big step for you… but for what its worth… I’m proud of you…’ He said as she wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head into the crook of his neck.

“Thanks…’ she gently spoke.

“You ready to go now?” He asked as she nodded gently while keeping hold of him.

“Ok you get in the car because I’ve gotta take a ****…’

“Oh nice Aden… really nice…’

“What, what did I say… oh… well I do…’ Aden spoke as Belle shook her head but couldn’t help but smile at him.

“Ok… ok go and take your… ****…’ Belle mocked him.

“Now, now Belle… it doesn’t sound so good coming from a lady…’

“Lady…’

“Well you are…’

“Just a lady…?’ Belle raised a mocking eyebrow.

“Ok woman…’ Aden gave in. “But you’re my woman…’

Shaking her head with a smile on her face she made her way back to the car as Aden went in the opposite direction to do his business.

Sitting in the car, she rested her head in her hands and took a deep breath before looking around at the green trees surrounding her. She couldn’t believe she was doing this. Is this such a good idea? Should I be doing this?. Belle thought to herself as she then remembered Aden’s phone going off earlier.

Reaching over and grabbing his phone she opened the message and saw it was from a number she hadn’t seen before, or at least she thought she hadn’t seen.

Curious, she decided to read it.

Are you at the hotel yet?

Frowning, she wondered who would be sending Aden message’s from a different number, then remembering Irene had another sim she only used if she needed to, pressed reply and typed back ‘No, not yet’ and then pressing send.

Putting Aden’s phone back in its place, she buckled herself up just as Aden walked back up to her.

“Have a nice ****…?’ Belle mockingly asked him as he grinned.

“Sure did…’ Aden replied leaning in and kissing her on the lips before closing her door and getting back into the car.

Matilda brushed her wet hair as she stood in the bathroom with the towel wrapped around her sore body. Having just emerged from the shower made her feel a little better. Grabbing the blow dryer she plugged it into the power point and turned it on full as the warmth hit her hair which started flicking back behind her, slowly drying.

After what seemed like ages, she turned off the dryer and walked over to her clothes which were neatly folded up, sitting on the toilet seat which she had turned down.

Pulling the towel from her body she started drying herself, wincing a couple of times before looking down at her ribs, which were slightly bruised. She had also received a couple of bruises on her legs and upper arms as well.

After getting dressed she walked out in a nice flowing pink skirt and white low cut top. Looking around she saw a note on the table, walking over she picked it up and read it.

Taken the twins to dad’s for a bit, you were still asleep, see you soon, love you. Lucas x

Sitting the note back down she walked over to the front door and slipped on a pair of things and picked up her house keys before leaving and making sure the house was locked.

She couldn’t stand this, she was going to see Ric.

He climbed inside the window and looked around the colourfully light, purplish room. It hadn’t changed much since he had last been in here, since he and Belle were…

Closing his eyes, he took in a deep breath before opening them back up. For a moment he had softened but he couldn’t afford that, he had to keep on track.

Walking over to her door, he peered his head outside gently, listening as there were no voices, none at all. Where is Belle?. He thought to himself. He had been told that she hadn’t left the house since her kidnapping, if that were true, she would be around.

Feeling the frustration boil up, he again took a deep breath as he suddenly heard footsteps. Looking up he knew someone was coming down the stairs. Is it Belle?. He thought to himself.

Keeping completely still as whoever it was ran into the kitchen to the fridge, he waited, gently pulling the gun out from underneath his shirt which he had tucked into his jeans belt.

Almost instantly everything else was a blur as someone entered Belle’s room and screamed, shots were fired and blood hit him in the face as she fell to her knees, clutching her stomach.

The next thing he knew he was running, he had already thrown the gun and was now running, no sirens could be heard… yet but it would only be a matter of time.

She tapped gently on his door, he never usually had the front door closed at this time of day, ever and Alf had gone to visit Roo for a couple of days and Miles was at school so what was going on.

As he gently opened the door, he was a little stunned to see her standing there. Rubbing his eyes he looked again but she was still standing there.

“Hi Ric…’ she spoke gently as he ran his fingers through his hair and rubbed his bare chest with his other hand.

“Mattie… ahhh… hi… what… what are you doing…’ Ric was cut off as the next thing he knew, Matilda had her arms wrapped around him and was kissing him.

“How much further…?’ Belle complained as Aden laughed while keeping his eyes on the road.

“Not long Belle…’ Aden replied as he heard a groan come from beside him before his phone started ringing.

“Belle… can you answer that…?’ he asked as Belle nodded and picked up the phone.

“Hello…’ she spoke into the phone.

“Hello… whose this…?’

Belle looked a little shocked that she was talking to a woman.

“Ahhhh… this is Belle… Aden’s girlfriend… who is this…?’ Belle asked as Aden quickly looked at her, confused before focusing back on the road.

“This is Alicia… the mother to Aden’s baby… how long have you two been together…?’

Belle’s mouth dropped open as she could hear the other woman on the other end asking if anyone was there.

“Who is it…?’ Aden asked looking at her once more.

“The mother of your baby…’ Belle spat as the anger in her voice was far from safe.

Looking at Belle, her features cold, violent and dark, Aden swallowed hard… How am I going to explain this one…?. He asked himself as she violently hung up the phone.

And that’s when Aden prepared himself for violence, and a lot of it.

Chapter 17

Who did Drew shoot?

Is Matilda thinking straight...?

The fight between Aden and Belle begins

Here it is

WARNING: CONTAINS VIOLENCE

Chapter 17

He slammed on the brakes as the hard object hit the side of his head.

“Jesus… Belle I’m driving here…’ He yelled as he turned to her, seeing no phone and her arms crossed against her chest.

“I swear to god Aden Jefferies… You’d better hurry up and get us to that hotel before I rip your head off…’ Belle sneered at him as he could see the veins sticking out of her neck which only happened when she was ready to murder someone.

“Belle…’ he pleaded

“Now… Aden…’ Belle screamed at him as they looked each other in the eyes, Aden seeing Belle’s eyes full of anger, resentment and hurt.

“Belle…’

“I swear to god Aden… if you don’t drive…’

“Ok… ok…’ Aden gave in as he looked back at the road, seeing the tops of city buildings, glad that they were only a few minutes away.

He could hear the sirens rushing past him as he sat in the dark shed, someone either came home or heard the shots and called it in. Luckily Drew had managed to make it back to his hideout without being seen.

But now he had her blood all over his shirt and face. He couldn’t remember who he had shot, everything went by so fast, and it was such a blur.

Closing his eyes, all he could remember was brown hair; that was it. He couldn’t remember anything else.

He only hoped he had shot the right person.

Ripping off his shirt, he ruffled through his back pack and pulled out a clean one, pulling it over his head he wiped his face with his previous one and cleared off most of the blood.

Chucking it down on the floor he laid down on the rusty old bed, looking up at the ceiling, he watched the tiny spider on the roof, crawl over his web, slowly, making its way toward the fly that had caught itself up in it.

“At least you know what you’re having for dinner…’ Drew spoke to it, closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

Their lips parted gently but they held onto each other as if it had been a life time. Well to Ric it had been a life time.

Looking into Matilda’s eyes, he saw the passion and the love she had, still had for him. It was like a dream come true for Ric. Gently he pushed a piece of her fringe away from her face as she kept her eyes firmly on him, gently running her fingers over the indents in his abs and back up his chest.

“Ric…’ Jess’s voice came from upstairs as Matilda broke her gaze and looked behind him. Looking back at Ric Matilda pushed off him as she clasped her hands over her mouth in shock and disgust in herself.

“Oh…my...God…!’ she whispered to herself as she backed away.

“Mattie…’ Ric pleaded with her as backed away from him as he saw the hurt and tears building up in her eyes.

“Mattie… please…!’ Ric begged as she turned and ran out the door, Ric chasing after her until the screen door rebounded and hit him in the face as he grabbed his nose.

“Ahhh ****…!’ he swore at himself as Jess entered the room as he spun around and smiled gently at her.

“Hey…’ He said.

“Hey, who was that…?’

“Nobody…’ he said a little too quickly. “Just people selling stuff that’s all…’ he replied walking over to her and wrapping his arms around her, pulling him into her chest.

He unlocked the room as Belle angrily pushed past him and stormed inside, leaving Aden with all the bags.

Once he had got all the bags inside the door he shut the door, making sure to put the ‘Do not disturb’ sign up and walking down the small hall which then emerged into a huge kitchen to his right and which looked over the lounge if you walked down two stairs.

Looking around to his left he saw a set of double sliding doors and to his right was a single door. Straight ahead of him were a long wall full of windows and a long white curtain covering it. Walking over to it he ripped it open to reveal a balcony over looking the city and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Walking over to the double sliding door which was now open he walked inside and stopped. Looking to his left was another wall with another balcony. About two feet from the window was a huge king sized bed.

Gold poles were at each corner of the bed with a white duvet with a strip of gold along the bottom. Looking to his right he saw Belle standing there, in her hand an ashtray.

“Oh ****…!’ he yelled as she suddenly threw it at him as he ducked, feeling it fly past the tip of his hair and landing on the floor a couple of inches beside him with a ‘thud’ but much to his surprise not smashing.

“Jesus Belle…’ he yelled getting to his feet as she picked up her handbag and threw it at him as it hit him in the head before he could even duck.

“Owe…’ He spoke to himself rubbing the side of his head gently as Belle crossed her arms.

“What… the hell Aden… How the hell have you kept this from me for so long… You better not have F***ing cheated in me because I swear…’

“Belle… Chill…!’ Aden yelled as Belle’s face went a crimson red.

“Don’t tell me to chill…’ She screamed as she picked up the phone and heaved it at him along with many other objects as he took off from the room, Belle following him, stomping.

Charging out of the room she looked around as Aden stood behind the sofa.

“How could you…’

“How could I what…?’

“Have a kid with some other slut…’ she screamed, the veins popping out of her neck.

“We weren’t even together…’

“And that gives you the right to not tell me…’

“That kid means nothing to me…’

“Nothing to you…’

“Yes…’

“You gutless asshole…’

“What now… One minute I’m in the wrong for having a kid and now because I don’t care about it…’

“YES… YES ADEN THAT’S WHY…’

“OH…MY... GOD BELLE…’

“DON’T YOU ‘OH MY GOD BELLE’ ME ADEN JEFFERIES…’

“OH SO ITS GONE TO A LAST NAME BASIS NOW…’

“YES…’ Belle screamed as her breathing had now become erratically fast along with Aden’s as Belle’s face was now a tomato colour, also along with Aden’s. Tears had now begun to emerge from Belle’s face and were running down her cheeks. Her features had softened a little as Aden really began to see how hurt she was.

“Belle…’

“What… Aden…?’ Belle was now sobbing as she wiped the tears from her cheeks and sniffed.

“What’s this really about…?’ Aden’s features had also softened as he slowly walked around the couch and then stood in front of it.

“What’s it about…’

“Yes…?’

“It’s about… you… not telling me… about some other woman who has your child… that I’m not going to be the one to have your first baby…’ Belle sobbed as she fell to her knees.

“Belle I…’

“You what Aden… your sorry… then be sorry… I just… I cant do this right now… I need to be alone…’ Belle said looking up at him as he looked like he was about to cry.

“What are you saying…?’ he pleaded with her.

“I… I don’t… know…’ Belle’s final reply was so stern and solid that not even she knew what she meant by it. Clambering to her feet she walked into the bedroom and closed the doors as Aden heard one final click before choked a sob back and fell to his feet.

“Female, 16 years old…’ They rushed her through the emergency doors with Geoff and Irene closely behind, both sobbing.

“Gun shot wound to the abdomen… name Annie Campbell… arrested and revived at scene, one litre of blood already through… she’s bleeding bad…’ The officers yelled as Rachel and two more doctors raced along side her into one of the emergency rooms.

“Ok get theatre on hold, get another bag of bloods and… get the crash cart were losing her…’

Here is the next chapter, hope you all like

Chapter 18

Nightfall had begun to darken the sleepy town of Summer Bay. Most residents had locked up their businesses and gone home to their families, not knowing the horror that had taken place in the Bay just a few hours earlier.

Geoff and Irene were in shock as Rachel delivered the news of Annie.

[Flashback]

They sat there waiting as their patience began to wear off. Irene couldn’t stop thinking about seeing Annie laying there, motionless on Belle’s bedroom floor. At first she thought her foster daughter was dead until the fragile, pale looking girl moved her fingers.

“Annie…’ Irene screamed running to her side as Geoff also ran into the room and gasped in shock.

“Call an ambulance…’ Irene screamed running into the bathroom and grabbing a heap of towels and pressing them against Annie’s wound as the girl struggled to breathe and tears crept from the corners of her eyes.

“Irene…’ she struggled to say as Geoff came running back in, collapsing by Annie’s side and taking his sisters hand.

“Shhhh love… don’t speak… your going to be ok…’ Irene whispered pressing down on her wound as the blood slowly started to seep through the towel and Irene struggled to keep it together as Annie took small, shallow breath’s.

~

“Irene…’ Her pale face and red hair gently looked up at Rachel who was standing in front of her.

“How is she…?’ Irene asked jumping to her feet as Rachel looked down and shook her head.

“I’m so sorry Irene…She…she lost too much blood and had another bleed they couldn’t locate…’

Her glistened eyes filled with tears but did not spill as she fell back into the hard hospital seat, clasped her hands over her mouth and swallowed a hard lump that had formed in the back of her throat.

[End Flashback]

She still hadn’t registered the fact that her foster daughter was dead. She refused to believe it. She had promised her girl that everything was going to be ok, that she was going to be ok and now she had gone back on her word…

“No…’ Irene spoke gently as a clearly distressed Geoff looked up at her with red and puffy eyes.

“No… what…?’ Geoff asked as Irene looked at him sideways.

“She’s not dead… she’s not dead…’ Irene repeated as Geoff didn’t know what to say.

He sat in the lounge room listening to her cry. She had been crying for the last few hours, since she told him she needed to be alone, since she had told him that ‘She couldn’t to this right now’

He couldn’t stand listening to her cry, knowing that he was the reason she was upset. Looking out the window at the brightly lit sky, he couldn’t believe what an idiot he had been. He was on the verge of losing her, and it broke him in half.

He slowly began to cry as he picked up a pillow and held it close to him, lying down on the couch and cuddling it up to his chest making him feel like the little boy he once was. The little boy who was abused by his grandfather and couldn’t do anything to stop it, the little boy who didn’t know what was happening was wrong.

He looked at his phone which had started vibrating on the glass table in front of him. Pushing himself up he looked at the phone and looked down.

Alicia Calling…

Pressing the ignore button he lye back down as it started ringing again, picking up the phone he pressed the ignore button again and then turned his phone off, throwing it down on the floor beside him.

He listened hard as he heard nothing, no crying… nothing.

Getting to his feet, he crept over to the doors and pressed his ear up against it, again hearing nothing. Taking hold of one of the doors, he was surprised when he slid open a fraction.

Peering inside, he wasn’t too surprised to see she had fallen asleep, red visible eyes could be seen as she slept peacefully sideway on the bed. He smiled to himself gently before pushing the door open the rest of the way and walking over to her.

Removing her shoes gently he pulled back the covers of the duvet, leant across the bed and gently caressed her bare skin before scooping her up into his arms and holding her closely as she instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her head into his chest.

Kissing her forehead gently he lay her head down on the pillow and let the rest of her body sooth into the mattress before pulling the duvet up and over her, watching as she cuddled the duvet protectively.

“I love you…’ he spoke gently to her before leaving the room, closing the doors and resuming his now cold place back on the couch, staring back out at the brightly lit sky.

By the time Irene and Geoff had been convinced to leave the hospital, the whole of Summer Bay had found out about the shooting and Annie’s death. Arriving at the back door, Both Geoff and Irene were surprised at how many flowers and cards and even balloon’s had been left at the door.

Irene felt numb as she unlocked the door, stepping over all the flowers, cards and balloon’s and walking inside, past the kitchen and up the stairs, straight into Annie’s room and sitting herself on the bed.

Geoff bought everything inside and went to pick up the phone and call Belle, but stopped himself to look at the time to see that it almost 1 am. Hearing Irene sobbing from upstairs, Geoff followed the crying into Annie’s room to see Irene holding Annie’s favourite toy… A fluffy black and white puppy, just like scruffy the dog.

Feeling Geoff’s presence, Irene looked over at him with teary, stained eyes as tears also began to appear in Geoff’s eyes.

Looking at each other, the emotional crying saga began as Irene held out her arms for her foster son as he took to her without hesitation and hugged her tightly while they both cried over the loss of Annie.

Everything else seemed so pointless as they held each other tightly and cried loudly; rocking back and forth as all memories came flooding back to them of Annie.

He woke up suddenly to voice’s nearby and the rustling of bushes. At first he thought he was hearing things but as they neared he started to panic.

Jumping to his feet he kicked his back pack and tripped over it, hitting the wooden floor with a thud. The next thing he knew the place was being stormed with torch’s flashing in his eyes and police ripping the place to piece, finally settling across the one piece of evidence they needed.

“Drew Curtis, your under arrest for the murder of Annie Campbell and the double murder of Peter Baker and Amanda Vale-Baker…’ The officer threw him to the ground and hissed at him while shoving his hands behind his back and cuffing him so tightly he though he was going to lose his hands.

~

“Why’d you do it Drew…?’ Jack asked as he sat across from Drew, the smug look on Drew’s face just about explained everything but they couldn’t use that as evidence.

“Because that stupid bitch…’

“Belle… you mean…?’

‘Yeah Belle… that stupid bitch left me so I wanted her to pay…’

“You don’t think she’s been through enough already…’

“Nah I don’t, she deserves everything that she got… She left me… broke my heart so I did the same to her, although I didn’t mean to shoot the Campbell kid, I thought it was Belle…’ Drew sneered as jack raised an eyebrow.

“So you wanted to kill Belle…?’

“Yep…’ Was Drews final answer as he crossed his arms over his chest and sagged down in the chair.

Sighing, Jack knew he wasn’t going to get anything more out of him.

“Interview suspended at…2:46 am…’ Getting to his feet he slapped Drew across the head.

“Sit up…’ he spat as Drew did as he was told, watching as Jack left the interview room and three police officers entered to keep a close watch on him.

She lay awake, listening to the clock tick by the seconds. Tick, tick, tick, tick… That’s all she could hear, well along with the small tinkle of snoring coming form the man lying beside her, arms wrapped around her protectively.

Craning her neck to look behind her, she could distinctively see the outline of Lucas’s face, his mouth was propped open a little but he still looked peaceful.

Rolling over so she was now facing him, she gently pressed her lips up against his and let her tongue slide into his mouth. Travelling her hand down his pelvic area, she found the edge of his boxers and pulled back, letting her hand trail down over his privates, a smile creeping on her face as he let out small enjoyable moans.

Opening his eyes he moved his hands over her body which slowly aroused Matilda as she rolled over on top of Lucas and began kissing him.

Hey guys

here is the next chapter :)

Chapter 19

It was a gloomy day as the residents awoke the next morning, the shocking death of Annie only just starting to really hit some of the residents. Roman, Irene and Leah agreed to keep the Diner closed that day, as they were having a memorial service later that day to remember Annie.

Geoff hadn’t come out of his room yet because he felt as though it was his fault, he wouldn’t let anyone in, and kept his door locked.

Irene was too upset to speak and just sat on the couch holding a photo of Annie and herself hugging which had been taken last year. Her red puffy eyes were once again filled with tears and her mascara and eye liner had run which had left tear marks running down her cheeks.

Matilda, Lucas, Ric and Jess had also arrived; well actually, most of the Bay had arrived to give their condolences.

Irene’s house was now almost completely full with everyone who was there, when there was a knock on the door.

Looking up Irene saw her standing there.

“Belle…’ Irene sobbed, jumping to her feet and rushing over to her foster daughter, pulling Belle into a hug tightly.

“I… I’m not Belle…’ The girl stumbled as Irene pulled back and looked at her.

“L…Lilly…’ Irene muttered through her teeth as the girl nodded.

“Yeah… You must be Irene…’ Lilly replied

-------------------------------------------------------

She startled awake as her phone went crazy on the desk beside her. Her heart was racing a million miles at a time. She had this terrible feeling in the pit of her stomach that something back home was wrong… terribly wrong.

Rolling over she picked up her mobile, sat up in her bed and answered the phone.

“Irene… calm down what…WHAT…?’ Tears brimmed in her eyes and her chest tightened and she clasped one hand over her mouth.

“O-ok… Were leaving now…’ Belle choked back a sob as she hung up the phone. The numb feeling had taken over her once again as she pulled back the covers and walked out the bedroom door, seeing a still sleeping Aden on the couch, pillow snuggled tightly to his chest for comfort and legs hanging over the end of the couch.

“Aden…’ she forced a reply as he stirred for a moment but didn’t wake. The tears had now begun to tumble down her cheeks and her legs went weak.

“Aden…’ she spoke again as she swallowed a hard lump that had formed in her throat, trying to choke back the tears as she watched Aden stirred again, gently opened his eyes and seeing a clearly upset and distraught Belle standing a few centimetres away from him.

“Belle…’ He croaked, rubbing his eyes and sitting up, throwing the pillow to the end of the couch.

“What’s wrong?”

“Annie…’ Belle stuttered as the tears were now streaming down her cheeks and her body began to shake as Aden got to his feet and walked around the coffee table to her.

“What… Belle what’s happened?” Aden was now beginning to worry as he raced to her as she looked up at him.

“Annie’s… she… she’s dead…’ Belle broke down as she fell into Aden’s arms as he quickly wrapped his arms around her in complete shock.

Aden held onto Belle tightly as tears also brimmed in his eyes, but he would not cry, he had to be strong, be strong for Belle.

Resting one hand on the back of her head he closed his eyes and felt her weak body cry uncontrollably.

“Listen…’ he said after a moment. “Go and pack your stuff and we’ll go now…’ he spoke such soft, gentle words to her as she nodded gently while still crying uncontrollably.

Finally pulling away from her, he rubbed the sides of her arms and lifted her chin up so she was looking at him.

“I love you… you know that right?” he asked as she looked at him with glassy stained eyes and the same hair she had woken up with, which was sticking up in every direction.

“I love you too…’ Belle replied as Aden wiped her wet cheeks and cupped her face.

“Ok… go and pack…’ he spoke as she nodded and turned, heading back into the bedroom, before turning and looking behind her at Aden who was staring back at her. Turning around one final time she disappeared from sight and began to pack.

She looked at the picture once more before finally packing it inside with the rest of her clothes and pulling the top over the suit case. She looked once more around her now completely trashed bedroom before zipping up the suitcase and pulling from the bed onto the floor.

She dragged the suitcase to the front door just as the door bell rang. Opening it she saw the cab driver standing there.

“Miss Jones….?’

“Yeah… that’s me…’

“Would you like me to take that?” the cab driver asked as Melody looked at the suitcase and nodded.

Once her suitcase had been packed neatly in the boot of the cab, Melody went around the house to double check everything was locked up properly and eventually found herself out the front of the house staring at the front door.

“You ready miss?” the driver asked as Melody took one final look before nodding.

Getting in the cab, Melody buckled up her seat belt and rolled down her window a fraction to get some fresh air into the cab which, much to her displeasure smelled like whisky and stale cigarettes.

Rolling down her window some more, she could finally smell the delicate fresh air as the driver entered in the driver’s seat and buckled himself up.

“So, where to love?” he asked with his musk, deep voice.

“Airport… please’ Melody replied as the man nodded, put the gear into drive and drove off as Melody watched one last time as her house seemingly disappeared, getting smaller as she drove away.

He kept glancing across at her as her head rested up against the window as she slept peacefully as he drove on through the endless amount of trees on their way back to Summer Bay.

Looking at the fuel gage he noticed that it only had a quarter of a tank of petrol. Aden sighed as he flicked the plastic screen but wasn’t surprised that the pointer didn’t move. He just hoped they made it back to the Bay before they ran out of petrol.

They hadn’t driven very long but it didn’t take long for Belle to fall asleep again, spending most of the night crying and most of the morning until finally she had worn herself out and fallen asleep.

Looking at Belle again, he could see how uncomfortable she was up against the door of the car so pulled over to the side of the road.

Un-buckling himself he got out of the car and walked around to the passenger side and tapped gently on the window, careful not to scare the fragile girl, which didn’t work as she jumped a mile high before opening the door.

“Aden… what… don’t scare me like that…!’

“I didn’t mean to… sorry… come one, jump in the back and lay down, you don’t look very comfy and there’s a blanket in the boot, and a pillow.” Aden spoke gently as he leant over Belle and un-buckled her seat belt.

Nodding, Aden helped Belle out of the car, before unlocking the backseat door and letting her climb over the seats and lye down while Aden went to the back of the car and got the blanket and pillow out, giving the pillow the Belle as she put it underneath her head and let Aden put the blanket over her.

“We’ll be home soon…’ he spoke before kissing her forehead, shutting the door and resuming his place back in the front seat before driving off again.

I was feeling generous so here is the next chapter

Chapter 20

He kept one arm wrapped protectively around her waist as they walked up the path toward the back door of the house and walking through into the kitchen where Belle looked up and saw Irene.

Racing forward Belle raced into Irene’s arms and broke down once more as did Irene. Kissing her hair Irene pet her hair gently before pulling back at both of them once again had stained faces and red puffy eyes.

“Where’s Geoff…?’ Belle sobbed as Irene looked upstairs and Belle nodded.

Taking a couple of steps back Belle let Irene walk and bring Aden into her arms as he hesitated for a moment before giving in and hugging her gently.

“I’m so sorry Irene…’ Aden spoke softly as Irene sniffled and pulled back.

Nodding, Irene heard the toilet flush as Belle looked behind her in confusion.

“There’s someone… someone I want you to meet darl…’ Irene sobbed as Belle watched as the bathroom door opened and she saw herself walk out and stop in her tracks.

“Your… me…’ Belle sniffed as the girl raised an eyebrow.

“No… I’m me… just your twin… the names…’

“Lilly…’

“And there you have it…’

“Have what…’

“Twin telepathy…’ Lilly replied as Belle looked a little a taken back.

“Ahhh hi, I’m Aden… Belle’s…’

“Boyfriend…’ Lilly flirted as Aden shut his mouth and nodded before shaking her hand.

“Yeah, wouldn’t have guessed…’ the girl replied back.

Looking at Lilly, you would have thought it was Belle. They had the same length hair which was also styled the same and even had the same red highlights through their hair. They had the same beauty spot on their noses and the same body build. The only difference was Belle was a little more sophisticated in how she dressed.

Belle liked the bright colourful, girly fashion clothes where as Lilly was into Belle’s ‘old’ fashion style of the punk rock chic and the bad bitchy attitude.

“So your Belle…’ Lilly said as she walked around Belle and took a good look at her twin sister, as Belle followed her gaze, craning with her neck.

“Yeah…’ Belle replied as Lilly laughed to herself.

“Well mum wasn’t kidding when she said you’d changed…’

“And what the hell does that mean…?’

“And there it is… and she said you had no attitude anymore… well wasn’t she wrong…?’

“Yeah she was…’ Belle threatened as Lilly laughed again.

“So… mum sent me a picture, but your style’s obviously changed a bit…’ Lilly spoke to herself as she studied Belle closely.

“Yeah, you now have it…’

“Oh Belle… I’ve had this style since I was 13 years old…’ Lilly corrected Belle as she then stopped in front of her.

“So… how long you been with him?” Lilly pointed at Aden as he laughed.

“Him has a name…’ Aden replied as Lilly smiled.

Walking over to him she smiled as she got right up close to him and ran her fingers down his chest as Belle turned and pulled her away.

“You may be my twin sister… but don’t ever… touch my boyfriend again…’ Belle threatened as Aden put an arm around Belle as Lilly looked quiet pissed off.

“And mum said you had no bite in you…’ Lilly finally smiled as Belle and Aden looked at each other, both rolling one another’s eyes at the thought of having to have her around but feeling sorry for Irene for knowing what Belle used to be like.

“Yeah mum I know… ok I’ll pass on the message… yeah I love you too…’ Matilda spoke as her phone started beeping.

“Mum I have to go, someone’s calling…ok bye…’ Matilda put the phone down and ran over to her mobile, grabbing it from the table and looking at it before rolling her eyes.

“Ric… what do you want…?’ Matilda asked through the phone.

‘I want to see you… We need to talk about… what… happened…’

“Go to hell… I’m not talking to you about anything… I cant believe I… I missed you… I cant believe I did what I did… just rack off and don’t come anywhere near me… ever…’ Matilda spat down the phone as she hung up.

Walking over to the phone she picked it up and looked at it before dialling in a number and listening to it ring.

“Robbie… It’s Mattie… can I talk to you…?’

She sat at the air port with her head phone in her ears listening to the radio through her phone as people hurried past her to catch their planes or to find a seat that wasn’t already taken. Closing her eyes she listened to the last of her favourite song which was playing.

Opening her eyes just as it finished and the host started talking.

And in a different matter this afternoon. Annie Campbell was tragically killed yesterday in her foster sister’s bedroom by a some what ex boyfriend of Belle Taylor who had escaped jail and intended to kill Miss Taylor herself.

Friends and family are grieving for the young 16 year old girl and are holding a memorial service which will start in an hour.

In addition to this tragic event we would like you all to take a minute’s silence to remember Annie Campbell.

Closing her eyes, Melody let a tear fall down her cheek before wiping it away and sinking down in her chair and waiting for her flight to be called.

“Thankyou all – so much for c-coming…’ Irene sobbed as everyone stood around the picture of Annie on the stand in the Surf Club.

“Yesterday… my da-daughter was taken fr-from me. I never got t-to tell her h-how proud of her I was… that everything sh-she did made me proud and that even after everything th-that has happened how proud of her I’ll al-always be…’ Irene sobbed as did many other people.

Colleen had bought a box of tissues and had already gone through half of them which were lying on the ground in front of her feet. Next to Colleen was Miles and Jai, Jai had no emotion in his face, none at all. He just sat there.

Belle, Aden, Lilly and Geoff were in the front row with a spare seat where Irene was sitting. Belle had leant slightly over and was leaning up against Aden’s shoulder with Aden fingers entwined through Belle’s in loving comfort.

Lilly kept looking side ways at Aden and Belle, seeing the look in Belle’s eyes like Aden had betrayed her or something but inside her stomach was churning at the secret that lay hidden in the pit of her stomach.

Archived