Indiana Evans Lands Guest Role on The Strip

Guest Anaya

Indiana's away from home and strip had mum worried

17 June 2008

The Gold Coast Bulletin

FORMER Home And Away soap star Indiana Evans has landed a guest spot on the new Channel 9 series The Strip being filmed and set on the Gold Coast.

The 17-year-old Sydney actress will star in one episode, playing an infamous Schoolies partygoer.

Convincing her mother that the show wasn't anything that the title suggested was a challenge.

"I said `Now, Mum, it's called The Strip, wait... wait, it's more like a strip of shops' and then she was all right with it,'' she said.

"My parents try to let me decide on things myself. They don't like to be pushy.''

Indiana said the role would help to boost her confidence, considering it was her first job since leaving the cast of Home And Away.

"It's good to know there is life after Home And Away,'' she said.

"I'm young and I'm not rushing myself too much, I'm 18 soon.''

Indiana said although she was playing a 'schoolie' she had not personally experienced the Gold Coast schoolie atmosphere.

"Now that I've finished high school my friends and I are going to Bali. That's our version of it,'' she said.

Evans spent a day on the Gold Coast late last week to shoot a few scenes.

"It's been really good meeting new crew and having a fresh introduction to another program,'' she said.

The Strip centres on a criminal investigation squad as they expose organised crime amid the glitz and sleaze of the glitter strip.

The 13-part series stars an ensemble cast including Aaron Jeffery (McLeod's Daughters), Vanessa Gray (All Saints) and Simone McAullay (Blue Heelers).

LOL! It would be a little odd. I'm hoping they are playing characters as far removed from their's on H&A. Otherwise i'll just be seeing them as Drew and Mattie.

It does say in the article that Indy's playing a schoolies partygoer, so maybe she will be more of a fun character, much more than she has been on H&A of late.

Archived